Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, Jennydeath said:

Now a good passive could be like when shields go Down you get a knockdown wave in a 20 m radius with a internal cd of like 30 secs. thats a useful passive...

Best idea!

Well without CD because you are running to get cover and regen your shield.

That means an escape mechanic...

15 hours ago, residente said:

Nekros: stats are just too small. 5 health is nothing and you now it, and 10 metters means near melee range to get any benefit from that. And Nekros is not the kind of warframe that would go close range aginst his enemies.

Put Health conversion on Nekros + Desecrate.

8 minutes ago, Machayna said:

You're not really countering my points.  I was never trying to weigh in on if it was good or bad.  All I was doing was trying to state that there's possibly more to it than feral wildlife.  Which does give it more uses than on what you were stating originally "agaisnt one faction and only on lower level missions".  I was assuming you were referring to earth and fighting the grineer.  In addition I'd like to point out that a rad proc doesn't guarantee that the enemy unit effected by radiation won't attack you where this is 100% they will fight for you for 20 seconds.  So it's not completely pointless but it DOES have limited uses currently and seems a bit niche compared to some of the other passives.  So on THAT point I will agree with you.  Hope that makes sense.  I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything. Just stating that there was more to it than I think people were seeing due to outrage.

I was aware that it was effecting hyeekas and drakk, I'm aware DE plans to release more wild life thats all fine and dandy, but considering how his kit does work this is a pointless passive. yes a rad proc does not guarantee that they wont attack you, but if they are near other enemies they typically with aggro towards them the only real reason they would start attacking you is if you were standing next to them or attacking them specifically.

so considering the fact that his kit allows him to turn animals (and other enemy units against each other) as it currently exists the passive does serve no point.

A good oberon knows to do 2 things, make use of his rad procs like a nyx would chaos and keep laying down hallowed ground when being swarmed by enemies that stagger and or knock down. if an oberon is already doing what they should be doing they wont notice this passive existing because they already do this!

1 hour ago, CrazyCortex said:

Some of your ideas are good, but seeing this actually makes me want to take you less seriously. Just because you don't like a frame does not warrant it to be "deleted" from the game. That will never happen. At least try to give something for Hydroid instead of dismissing it. 

I read someone say he should get some more movespeed when he touches water/comes out of water. Which makes his abilites work for him and on some maps.

Sorry, dude, but I have nothing in mind, that will fit him well, on top of that he is and will be forever the very least used frame, for quite some time. Next to Banshee, I have no idea why, his kit looks nice. But is in a huge placement for a rework.

The only passive I can think of, his perhaps maybe allowing him to heal allies, when hes useing his powers, like holy water?. But as for right now, I chuold care less about that frame, also the design of him, chuold really do with a good revamp along with it. I won a contest in the past by making the most ugliest warframe ever, and thus was Hydroid.

But if you like the frame, then that is fine by me.

The only thing right now I can think of is: Maybe his powers also heal players, like some kind of "Holy Water". or..what ever players choice to "color" their water, *cough*.. 

I;'ll go ahead and change it, just to avoid anymore back-slash.

Edited by LegionCynex
Cleared up some issues.

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

I waited for someone to get salty about this.

News Flash: Its a joke..but to be fair, he is the alot less used frame for a reason, next to banshee

However I don;t have a >solid< idea for his passive yet, as in my own book, he needs a rework

If that harsh, edgy statement of yours is considered a joke, I wish I knew of a way to painlessly end myself.

12 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

If that harsh, edgy statement of yours is considered a joke, I wish I knew of a way to painlessly end myself.

What, are you talking about?..

Edit: Also, please don't do that,I don't want someone to die, by my witty and dumb comment...how to the hek do you think Im going to explain that to mother lotus?.

Edited by LegionCynex

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Meier Voleran said:

Put Health conversion on Nekros + Desecrate.

Can you explain what that has to do with what I said? 

I use Health Conversion on Despoil Nekros, healing 5hp from deaths would only make me unable to pick health orbs, but anyways 10m is an absurd radius, so it wont affect me at all. That and having no passive is basically the same for Nekros.

I'd honestly rather see the Loki passive saved for an eventual spider warframe. The energy attachment to walls already looks a bit like web strands, and it feels like a more natural fit to me than on Loki.

Don't really have suggestion for what Loki's passive SHOULD be though. Something more deception oriented? Wall cling just feelsl ike it's screaming "I am the stealth frame!" (which to be fair, he basically is) and not "I am the deception/trickery frame!" (which his namesake suggests).

Edited by AutoCept

Personally for embers passive i would've preffered something like this:

5% of all Damage dealt by any Fire procs initiated by ember is returned as energy. So basically the more of the world is on fire, the more energy you are returned.

For Loki it should've been more than just +wall latch duration. I think they should've added:

While wall latched: Increases accuracy by 5%, reload speed by 5%, power range by 5%, armor +5%, evasion +5%, etc etc. obviously numbers are subject to change.

Give us a reason to want to use the passive, no one uses wall latching right now.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, apo86 said:

Hm, never really ran into a situation where there was no cover for recasting invisibility. Maybe for non-invisibility stealth runs? But that's probably way too hard even with infinite wall latch.

Haven't played a moon spy mission yet, will look out for that.

The arcance arachne enhancement, if I read the wiki correctly, has some anti-synergy with the Loki passive. Because it's a chance to activate on a wall latch and then gives you bonus damage for your next hit only. So to get the best use out of that you should latch, fire, drop, repeat and not stay up for as long as possible :-/

agrred, at the moment wall latch mostly works too look cool.

8 minutes ago, residente said:

I use Health Conversion on Despoil Nekros, healing 5hp from deaths would only make me unable to pick health orbs, but anyways 10m is an absurd radius, so it wont affect me at all. That and having no passive is basically the same for Nekros.

How far is 10m?, excaly, cuz the Passive sounds great, if alot of people kill or you do. My own passive has boosted the HP heal by like 20% I think, but I don't kown excaly how long the range is. considering the fact, I don't kown maths in warframe, let alone maths itself..

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

Now Onto My Own Toughts, what the passive SHOULD BE

Alright, so here is my cup of tea, about the stuff thats incoming, and I kown its subject to change, but I want to put my share of thoughts first. 

DE Passives:

Ash: Bleed Procs & Slash Damage dealt by Ash from any source are 50% deadlier and last 30% longer. 

Why?: This will make him alot more better. 25% is nothing.

Rework: YES

Banshee: Emits a protective wave of sound, that radiate out from Banshee that, briefly provides her and nearby allies with personal shields.

Why?: This allows Banshee, to be mroe support role, also see my Rework for more info, when I post it

Rework: YES

Ember: Ember is no longer hurt by any sources of fire & insisted is healed by it. 

Why?: Ember shuold be healed by Fire, not damaged.

Hydroid: Every Melee Ground-Slam has a 50% chance to lure a Tentacle that will last 15 seconds.

Don't care about this frame ^, he can get removed all I care

Limbo: While in the Rift, Limbo, Limbo Regens Shields & Energy by 50%

Why?: Limbo is already a glass-cannon, this will make him use his powers, The Rift, alot more.

Loki: When Loki kills in sleath, a decoy is deployed.

Why?: Cuz its better, then Wall-lach, also Loki is not a Ninja, Ash Is 

Mag: Mag will deal Magnetic damage on all her weapons, Her shields are healed when she is struck by Mag damage.

Why?: Carrier Prime FTW 

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 20 Health.

Why: It needs a buff, 5 Is nothing.

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius.

Nyx: Enemies affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ).

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for ever.

Why?: Perm or nothing

Trinity: Revive fallen allies faster from further away.

Vauban: Vauban can deploy his very own Isolator Bursa, once per mission & it can be revived like a pet .

Why?: Cuz Moa's suit him & his other passive was trash. This allows him to be a more effective techy frame.

Volt: Retribution Mod per-fitted, but better.

Why?: End this gonna-go-fast, trash.

Mesa: Shooting Gallery is now Perm & Peacemaker now act like exalted weapons (she can move around freely)

Why?: Cuz gunslingers don't sit and stand to get killed.

Thank You

The only ones I agree with out of all of them is Limbo, Nekros, and Ember 's passives. The others are either silly, or too OP to be a passive.

Like your Vauban passive suggestion, hek, mind as well make that as another one of his abilities.

Loki having that passive will mean that he can no longer properly stealth through missions, what with his decoy being there and all. If Ash is the ninja as you stated, he should get the x10 wall latch. But would other players like that? Don't think so.

I'm still considering about that Oberon passive suggestion. I think forever is too OP, honestly..

I think Volt should have both built-in Retribution and the passive that they're about to give him.

Your Banshee passive idea just.. doesn't sound right to me. (Huehue punny) She already can lockdown the whole place or stun them with her abilities.. I'm unsure of this suggestion tbh.

Rip bullet attraction... Magnetize seems horrible.

Edit: If the actual bullets fired turn into DoT instead of damaging enemies, that will be REALLY horrible. It was written in a way that it might be the case...

Edited by Irregardless_Existence

13 minutes ago, residente said:

You said something along the lines of no one would use Nekros as a Melee frame, with Health Conversion and Despoil on, you'll always be able to pick up Health orbs after you cast Despoil, So you're wrong about 5hp keeping Nekros from picking up health. I was just offering some advice since you didn't seem to be aware of how effective that combo is. No need to get uppity about it. 

4 minutes ago, Rikov said:

I just realized something...do these passives work in archwing? If not, then what are archwing passives, if any?

If you bring equinox to archwing you get to use his/her equilibrium passive so my guess is yes.

Locking down 4 areas at the same time hardly seems horrible.

I liked the damage aspect about the ability and you could use it as a mobile (slow) snowglobe. I liked to use it to farm bosses too if you know what I mean...

Edited by Irregardless_Existence

Just now, (XB1)Meier Voleran said:

You said something along the lines of no one would use Nekros as a Melee frame, with Health Conversion and Despoil on, you'll always be able to pick up Health orbs after you cast Despoil, So you're wrong about 5hp keeping Nekros from picking up health. I was just offering some advice since you didn't seem to be aware of how effective that combo is. No need to get uppity about it. 

Why would anyone use Nekros as a melee frime except for fun? It's not effective if you're doing serious runs, and if you wanted to go Nekros melee you would use Life Strike and Rage, which would make those 5hp from each kill look like a joke.

I use Health Conversion Despoil build as Desecrate Necros just to be able to survive and not be a liabillity to the rest of the team. When playing DD you have to spam a lot, and using a Carrier is almost mandatory so picks the health orbs for you, while you're picking constantly orbs you're going to maintain those 3 stacks of armor. The hp from his new passive are either redundant since you're getting 25 hp from dozens of energy orbs, or self-defeating since it could potentially make you unable to pick those health orbs to stack armor. I didn't mean to look "uppity" about it, but Nekros is my most played frame (11% after a bunch of years playing this game) and this passive and no passive is almost the same.

You know, this could've been a unique opportunity to give the less appreciated Warframes some well-deserved love. But then we get:

• Holster, reload & movement speed buffs for Limbo. Note that +50% holster/reload speed is equal to 33% reduction in holster/reload time. 10% movement speed is barely noticable, and all that only when in the Rift.
  • Oberon & wildlife.

Just a big LOL to these two, I can't even.

Banshee and Hydroid's look a bit better, only that Banshee's overlaps with her Silence and Hydroid's - while very appropriate and flashy - is probably not going to be very useful (in PvE at least), considering how he doesn't do all that well in melee range and the general pace of the game.

Some of the other passives look really interesting, though, and I can't wait to try them out.

P.S.: Not too fond of Nyx going into Loki's territory, though.

Edited by Kontrollo

concerning volt rework:

remember hotfix 17.4.2.?

"Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP."

alternative to gunplay or not: you said you'd reintroduce range interactions asap. half a year ago. so what's become of that?

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

7 hours ago, WyckXaos said:

Passives comes free of charge, free of grinding for them. Why so much complaining about getting free stuff ? :) Yes some passives looks useless or weird... but at least those frames have passives now.

There are three reasons:

1. They asked for our opnions.
  2. They also requested our feedback.
  3. They inquired as to what we thought.

This is the whole point of the thread. Hence: Dev Workshop.

It's like going into a coffee shop and wondering why everyone is asking for coffee, I mean, they have free wifi.

Edited by GrimKonstantin
Bad grammers and speelings