[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

5 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Please consider alternatives on some passives. Actual values used can be adjusted as seen fit.

Here's what I hope to see, for these Warframes:

Chroma: Primal Surge - Elemental Bullet Jump, matches chosen Element.

Hydroid: Pilferer - Hydroid steals health from foes struck by his abilities.

Limbo: Master of the Rift - Limbo's Shield regen, attack speed and movement speed is increased in the Rift Plane.

Loki: Trickster's Intuition - Can see enemy LOS.

Mag: Magnetic Attraction - Wall cling

Nyx: Hallucinating Sight - Evasion effect reduces enemy accuracy (like Agility Drift)

Oberon: One with Nature - When standing still, Oberon gains scaling armor (increases or decreases with enemy level)

Vauban: Siege Breaker - Disables enemy traps around Vauban

I feel like Hydroid's passive should work like Ivara's prowl, otherwise it'd be too similar to Nekros' passive.

Solid ideas though, I like em.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darkwave1098 said:

I feel like Hydroid's passive should work like Ivara's prowl, otherwise it'd be too similar to Nekros' passive.

Solid ideas though, I like em.

Well, the main difference is Hydroid's could be a percent chance on any of his abilities and only abilities, where Nekros' would be on the Death of an enemy in range of Nekros.

7 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Please consider alternatives on some passives. Actual values used can be adjusted as seen fit.

Limbo: Master of the Rift - Limbo's Shield regen, attack speed and movement speed is increased in the Rift Plane.

Nyx: Hallucinating Sight - Evasion effect reduces enemy accuracy (like Agility Drift)

Oberon: One with Nature - When standing still, Oberon gains scaling armor (increases or decreases with enemy level)

Vauban: Override - Makes enemy robotics(not bursa or eximus units) and turrets friendly for a set duration and self destruct at the end of that duration

Solid idea's but made a change to vauban :P take or leave the self destruct tho xD just thought thatd be a nice touch.  I know its too similar to what oberon currently has but this would cover all factions except infested. 

2 hours ago, lioganda said:

-snip-

I agree with almost everything you said, except for a few points:

• Rift Surge is not "perfectly fine". It's an ability whose effectiveness is wholly determined by casting other abilities. I don't just mean comparable to Dive Bomb or Miasma needing to be charged up, either; they have a base effect even if you do nothing beforehand. Rift Surge has literally zero effect if you aren't affected by Rift Walk or Cataclysm. Rift Surge has literally zero effect if your target isn't affected by Banish or Cataclysm. Setting Rift Walk to a hold function of Banish is actually seen as unintuitive by many players, since one of his big issues right now is the cast time on the effect before you're actually put into the Rift, which a hold-cast would just exacerbate.
  • I don't think they mean for Nekros' passive to cater to Despoil players at all - and that's fine, because it's the most overused Nekros playstyle. Most Despoil players just sit still spamming a button to generate piles of loot, only moving to be where the bodies are, and that's exactly the kind of playstyle that reworks to Excalibur, Mesa and Saryn have tried to eliminate. I will say, however, that this passive would be better suited to him if he had a rework to half of his abilities pushing enemies away first. Personally though, I feel like this passive would be perfect if it provided him with energy instead of health... and then they just scrapped Desecrate for a life drain.
  • Silence doesn't precisely do what Banshee's passive provides, although the frustration that there even is a degree of separation is understandable. That said, Silence does provide players with openings for Finishers, and a team-wide extension of her passive.

Those passives honestly sound bomb af! Although I'm of the opinion that Rhino needs a buff to his passive, being the heaviest frame and all.

36 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

You are a god. DE, for pete's sake, implement some, if not all of these ideas! 

That's an excellent post on fixing the current problem, not the overall problem.

DE has made a game with bits and pieces from other games without the compensation for those bits and pieces.

But the PASSIVE DoT DAMAGE to the frame is like those other games.

As a passive for Mag I was looking for something to survive better, like a Mage's Iceblock; Invisibility or Blink, some get out of Dodge or heal ability. That's because you can't regen shields/health and energy with 1 aura (or school if you finished the Second Dream quest and their unlocks).

With what Warframe has as damage couldn't work in other games, game play would grind to a raging stop, as they die, die, die.

Mag would've been much better not with a Vacuum ability, but some passive that can be done when her health is low, as she has zip armor and health if doing pure damage (and the price for HP mods hurt her only reason to even play). If not a heal, a dodge or sprint buff something to save herself. Even a bubble hearth back to the orbiter, something so she can survive on her own.

That's what's missing in these passives, something that will be useful for any mode of play, not an advantage in stats/abilities, but bring up some frames that are extremely vulnerable, and tone-done other frames that any passive would become a min-maxer's favorite toon (and bench all others due to it) ... IF these passives operate like the minor glyphs do in WoW (as it looks like with Obbie's passive with befriending furries).

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

I have a possible solution to the Oberon and Nekros debate

Why not have Oberon's passive be a health regeneration for the team, and have Hallowed Ground turn wildlife into allies for the duration of the ability?

And have Nekros's heath recovery scale with his Power Strength or something?

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift.

I would just like it if enemies in the rift had the same limitations as Tenno. You know, like being unable to damage or interact with objects(excavators, alarms, terminals etc...)
OR make it so Tenno in the rift can damage and interact with objects

I do however agree with what others have said that Limbo passive shouldn't be based on whether he is in the void. Maybe something like 10% chance for objects to pass through him(as if he were rifted), or chance to auto-insta riftwalk on damage that would have downed him.

2 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I have a possible solution to the Oberon and Nekros debate

Why not have Oberon's passive be a health regeneration for the team, and have Hallowed Ground turn wildlife into allies for the duration of the ability?

And have Nekros's heath recovery scale with his Power Strength or something?

See, DE, min-maxing over a minor glyph/passive..............

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Then we move on to bigger Warframe reviews – this includes a detailed look at things that trivializes all content to an extreme.

O.O is that a tonkor nerf I smell coming?? About time :D

EDIT: aslo, that changes to Mesa might just get her spot back in my saved loadout slots.

Edited by alfaomega04

4 minutes ago, alfaomega04 said:

O.O is that a tonkor nerf I smell coming?? About time :D

Will anyone be playing Warframe, then?

Don't bargain with the devil, unless you can play the fiddle well (and I doubt they can even rosin the bow)!

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

I would still LOVE to not be stuck in place when playing with Mesa. I'd happily take a much smaller auto-targetting cone if Peacemaker could just become her personalized weapon instead of freezing her in place (which is always problematic against bombards, infested ooze, or those incredibly fun to play against one-hit-lanka-nullifiers. If she was able to move instead of becoming a turret, i'd like to play her a lot more.

• Upvote 2

Sorry for not giving any constructive criticism, but most of the passives are terrible.

21 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

thank you oh so very very much for giving him the most worthless passive in the game! great for fighting only agaisnt one faction and only on lower level missions, ones so easy you can sleep through them and still win.

Seriously DE how was this a good idea? I thought you guys were getting away from frames being only useful against singular factions (case in point the mag rework)

I don't know man I mean Ember's isn't much better being as there are what 3 enemies, all part of the same faction, that can heat proc you and in most cases by the time you would get heat procced by them you are probably going to get downed by them as well it doesn't really strike me as much of an incentive unless there was a rolled in resistance to fire damage

Some passive really sucks! where all you get ideas from? should pay more attention to players ideas and stop s***ing the game so bad...

• Upvote 2

This is good stuff :)

Well, 95% of it. I am waiting to see how it goes for Mag...

And as I am a Nova player, I also can't say I'm happy with her passive. Beyond the fact that knockdowns are always dealt by enemies from afar, or by heavy grineer units slams which makes them immune to knockdown themselves until they finish their animation... This is not Nova at all.

She's very fragile and based on agility and cover. Something like a quick short-distance instant-teleport on bullet jump (to allow her to relocate quickly and evade insta-death from surprise op mobs) or something like "volatile ammunition" which would have dealt a small % of weapon damage in a small area, or even a thing like a small chance to proc a nerfed-out version of molecular prime debuff on melee hit or energy based weapon attacks, or I don't know... something that would have fitted her far more.

She's meant to dps, and this is, basically, a tank passive.

Still, I can't complain on something being a plus from her previous version. (Even though I just did)

Thank you for Warframe :)

Then we move on to bigger Warframe reviews – this includes a detailed look at things that trivializes all content to an extreme.

Like the ridiculous infinite enemy armor/damage scaling :D and the terrible scaling of frame abilities/weapons!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Amythist said:

I don't know man I mean Ember's isn't much better being as there are what 3 enemies, all part of the same faction, that can heat proc you and in most cases by the time you would get heat procced by them you are probably going to get downed by them as well it doesn't really strike me as much of an incentive unless there was a rolled in resistance to fire damage

oh don't get me wrong her passive is pretty bad, but oberon's is worse because a good oberon player can already create the effect of this passive

Hate the idea of the Volt speed nerf, the FOV was helpful to me and a nice effect and speed is useless to the party now if youre coming from behind everyone, people aren't going to back-track to pick up a speed boost why would you make it like that? I was excited about the changes but now I really don't want them 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Vauban: Siege Breaker - Disables enemy traps around Vauban

The Chroma passive idea is okay

The Hydroid passive idea is utterly broken and doesn't match the frame at all.

Limbo's existing passive is fine. There's a lot of complaints about it for reasons unknown to me, a passive is a passive, it's meant to be a bonus not some massive ability, and reload speed is good when you don't need to mod for it.

Loki's passive, didn't they plan on adding that to radars when you're stealthy anyway? Thought I saw that on a devstream sometime.

Mag's existing passive is fine. "But what if you use carrier!?" You suddenly have an excuse not to use carrier.

Nyx's passive is literally what evasion does, or rather, the effect of it does. All movement reduces enemy accuracy relative to the speed you're going, evasion simply adds a passive to that effect. While I dislike Nyx's passive because it can actually reduce the effectiveness of Chaos, your suggestion really doesn't fit her well.

Overon's passive screams "Hello Bombards and Heavy Gunners, please kill me as I get an AFK flag", as movement will always be a better damage deterrent than any amount of armor. Also I don't think anyone realizes the potential of having those animals that Grineer enemies swarm at you turned against them. Oberon's current passive is gimmicky, but potentially fantastic.

Vauban's passive would be fantastic and I'd greatly prefer that.

*And now Limbo:

If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else. Stay tuned!

I really hope you will get an idea for his passive, so far Rift Surge is my favorit thing about Limbo. And Limbo is one of my most played frames too

Edited by MortTrevari

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

If DE can't see what's wrong with this passive i really have no comment.Really DE that's the best you can get out of your imagination.