[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

4 minutes ago, ShadowFel said:

I'm pretty sad that you guys actually went with that ridiculous passive for Oberon.  Sand Skates, Feral Kubrows, and Feral Kavats all tend to attack enemies before they start attacking players, so the passive won't have much of an effect on them.  To say nothing of the fact that most players will intentionally try to kill any Feral Kubrows (and soon, Feral Kavats) on sight because they are one of only two sources of their related mods.  So...the only real use of this is against Drahks and Hyekka...both of which spawn at noticably lower levels than any other enemy in whatever tileset they're in, and Drahks don't do much damage regardless.  So the use of this is essentially that Hyekka and Drahks can turn against their masters, and get killed before they can do very much because they're under-leveled.  And again, there's the problem that players will actively try to kill the "pet" enemies for their unique drops, further limiting this passive's usefulness.  To say nothing of how against Corpus or most Infested, this passive will have no effect.  Almost every other passive has utility that can be used in EVERY mission, but this won't have much of an effect even in missions where these enemies spawn.  Hyekka and Drahk masters are both relatively uncommon enemies, and this passive relies on them spawning to do much of anything.  I guess it could have some use on Grineer Defense/Mobile Defense/Excavation to ever so slightly decrease the amount of damage that the objective takes?  But again, these enemies are rarely the source of much damage, especially now that Hyekkas work properly (thank you for that, by the way).  Essentially, this passive makes it so that "pet" enemies will serve as a momentary distraction to the surrounding units.  Which isn't really needed because Oberon is generally pretty tanky anyways?  You've said that you intend to add wildlife to more tilesets, but I don't think that will solve the problems that this passive has.  The wild enemies will likely still either: A. be weaker than every other enemy in the mission because they were summoned or B. be more of a help than a hindrance even without Oberon's passive.  I really liked the photosynthesis idea, especially since it works with both the dryad and paladin interpretations of Oberon.  Just because Mirage has a light-level related power doesn't mean Oberon can't have a light-level related passive!  And, it would be useful on all tilesets against all factions.  I understand that the concept of an ability is just as important as its application and uses in the game, but concept is typically ignored if the application has negligible effects and no real use.

Most of these other passives and changes are fine at worst and exciting at best (really looking forward to the Volt and Mesa changes, and even though it's lower than I expected, also looking forward to the Nekros passive), except perhaps Ember's passive, which encourages a relatively fragile caster frame to take damage from some of the highest DPS enemies in the game, and, again, is problematic because it relies on enemy spawns cooperating on most tilesets, and is completely useless against Infested, and on the Earth Forest tileset (unless you added Scorches or Napalms to the spawns there).  This is perhaps another example of "decent concept, but virtually no actual use in the game"?

Sorry for the rant, but I was shocked that you gave this pretty much useless passive to a frame that much of the community already views as useless.  This was an opportunity to make it so that he is no longer the frame that everyone expects to be least used.  I still love Oberon, but this passive won't change how I think about him or play as him at all, which is a shame.

wished DE never fixed that one hit heykka thing this guy would totally appriciate the work then.

• Upvote 1

On the topic of passives in general I do have a question about one of the frames not directly mentioned here but about their passive.

With Zephyr I've been trying to determine if her passive applies to Parkour 2.0 moves or not because I cannot tell if double jumping with her actually gains the 'lightness' quirk or not, the same applies to bullet jump distance and bullet glide distance.  Since she tends to fall at what seems to be at standard speed after a double jump compared to her standard jumping.  I'm unsure if this is intended or not. 

Pre-emptive feedback:

Volt rework:
Not too much to say here personally, as it seems decently promising!

Mag rework:
Pull keeps it role, Magnetize has a much improved role and Polarize has a less niched role (but still mostly useless against Infested) in her kit. All that sounds pretty good.

But Crush? Nothing more to it? No possibility to toss enemies around so you can throw them into Magnetize spheres? So you can direct crowds AWAY from you (as a contrast/synergy to Pull)?
While Polarize needed tweaks to be weaker against Corpus and better against everything else (which you have done), Crush needed more adjustments to not be so bland. It still needs help, a role, some distinction.

As for the Passives, I wanna answer to this segment first:

1) Do you believe that everything has to work in all scenarios all the time?
2) Where do Passives belong – what rules do you think they should follow?
3) Is there room for niche? How deep can a niche go?

1) Generally and preferably, yes, they should work in as many scenarios as possible. Even when SOLO (this is forgotten too often imo).
2) Well, first and foremost that they find as much general useage as possible. That they don't involve chance (a problem for Frost and Hydroid) so that we can count on the passive. That they are TRUE passives, not NEEDING ability useage to be of use (a problem for Limbo and Nyx), but it is fine if ability useage can make you have better use of the passive (which has been done for Ash and Inaros). Also, outright promoting playing badly / suicidally (like the ones for Ember, Nova and Trinity) should really be avoided
Some other things that are nice is if the passives to any degree can alter their playstyle and/or how you mod them. Also preferably, if they synergize with the Warframe's kit. Fun passives are of course important, but that is also a very subjective matter, so I'd say usefulness comes before the "fun and quirky".
3) If a passive is very niched (like Banshee's passive), that's fine, as long as there is some OTHER passive which is also given to that Warframe, a passive which has general useage (but then which I don't think need NEARLY as much emphasis on being unique/fun, a blander boost is then fine).
A good example of this is Inaros: He has his very niched (and not very well-scaling + a bit too "promote bad playing") self-reviving passive, but he ALSO has his lifesteal-on-finishers, which is generally useful (with VERY few places where he cannot use it at all), and which promotes him into staying alive as much as possible (hence why I don't consider the self-revive passive being too aweful on him). This is a quite well designed passive "kit", imo.

As for specific feedback on the proposed passives:

Ash - Bland, but is quite generally useful, and has synergy with his kit.

Banshee - A passive that actually affects your modding. Interesting. Shame it has NO use whatsoever once you are detected (so it's useless in all endless missions, for example). She could need something else, something tiny, something that works in more places. Maybe also give her better reloadspeed or something?

Ember - Ok? Why promote suicidal playstyles? She is not tanky enough for this to be of much use, along with being very niched (only certain factions/tilesets can make her become ignited). It would fit better if it was that she got a small boost when SHE ignites her ENEMIES, rather than the other way around. That would be useful and synergistic with her kit, and can be used passively even with fire-modded weapons (which she generally wants to, due to Accelerant), it could even be used with bulletjumping if modded for it!

Hydroid - Umm... really? It's sounds nigh useless and quite niched already, does it really have to be chancebased too?

Limbo - This is not a true passive, as it requires ability useage to come into effect. Funnily enough, for Limbo, I feel that it is almost acceptable though, due to his HEAVY reliance on the Rift (I've even suggested a Rift-dependant passive for him myself!)

Loki - Hmm... while I admit it has a possibly fun, game-altering side-effect, it's also a shame that it kind of sucks, as wall-clinging is a nigh useless feature, especially when used for longer periods of times. I'd like to test this one out before judging it though, as it sounds fun otherwise, and it fits his sneaky and stealthy theme.
EDIT: If Wall-clinging made Warframes less detectable and harder to aim at (by becoming more "transparent" or something), both Wall-clinging in general AND Loki's passive would be better.

Mag - Like if we aren't all mostly using Carrier anyway? I don't see this passive as neither fun nor all too useful. Yet it is not the worst passive *sigh*

Nekros - A bit on the bland side, but at least CAN have a bit of impact on his playstyle, making him a bit more melee-ish.
EDIT: More range on it and it would actually be a pretty good passive.

Nova - Down, as in bleeding out? Or as in knocked down? If the first: Useless solo. If the second: Meh. Promotes you to play badly either way, so this passive stinks regardless.

Nyx - 1) This is not a true passive, as it requires ability useage to come into effect, and 2) Are you trying to say that Nyx and Loki are each other's counterparts or something? Incredibly uninspired...

Oberon - You can't be serious, right? No really, you can't be SERIOUS right?! Wild-life already sort of work as pesudo-allies, wild-life is HEAVILY restricted to just a few tilesets and ... well no, just no. Sorry, this one has to be the worst of them all.

Trinity - While a genuine and not-too-terrible passive, it has 2 problems: It has no use for solo players and it has a strong hint of promoting to play poorly. At least it doesn't promote TRINITY to play badly.

Vauban - No thanks. It has no use when solo, and honestly, it has no use when in a group either >_> No to mention, how does this even fit him and his playstyle?
I thought you would have more interesting things available for him, something related to sentinels and/or hacking, or well, anything more ENGINEER-like...

Volt - FINALLY a passive that sounds like a bit of fun, useful, synergistic with something in his kit (Speed) and is non-niched. And it works solo too. This passive, even it turns out to be weak on the numerical side (which is far easier to fix), is a great baseline for how other passives should be!

Non-mentioned passives:

Chroma - Can he get a REAL, IN-GAME passive? Like elemental bulletjump, elemental wings that increases aimgliding or whatever? Just... a REAL passive, you know?

Mesa - Streamlining her passives would be nice. Say, a general fire rate and/or reloadspeed for secondaries or something?

Excalibur - Could you make his passive work for ALL melee, so it doesn't pidgeonhole him to very specific weapons? I think it is (somewhat) fine that a passive pidgeholes you into a specific weaponSLOT, but not fine if it does so to a specific weaponTYPE (like Excalibur's Sword-bias). I mean, it already works with the Dual Swords category, and in that category we have cleavers, kamas etc... So yeah >_>

Rhino - If Rhino Stomp was made castable in the air, pulling him down quickly to the ground, making him fistslam / stomp as he lands ( + then triggering his passive from the velocity of his ability's dragdown), I'd call it ok. But otherwise, this passive is a bit... lackluster to say the least. And/or maybe make it so that when he has Iron Skin active, then he becomes way heavier, thus triggering his passive from ANY fall?

As for other tweaks:

Mesa tweaks:
Don't forget to make Mesa's ulti interactive and mobile! Say: Primary = manually aimed fire, secondary = current autoaim shooting. Primary hits then fuel back the secondary's ring-size etc. So, Exalted Peacemaker combined with the current Peacemaker, the best of both worlds! :)
The Shooting Gallery change sounds decent though, definitely an improvement from what we have now.

Limbo tweaks:
Yeah, this fellow needs LOTS of changes, mainly in the consistency of the rift plane (among other things). As for replacing his 3rd, I think I have a rather unique and fitting idea:

TL;DR: His #3 is now throwing forward a playing card which, in essence, forms a tall and wide line which quickly spreads out and then recollects enemies so that the enemies end up being gathered in a narrow line (done via splitting energy wall created by the thrown card). This is perfect for Punchthrough and can also synergize with the exit/entrance-damage mechanic of the Rift when you combine it with Cataclysm!

Edited by Azamagon
  • Upvote 2

To all Tenno who think there are worthless passive. Expect oberon (because its only useable few place and low lvl, (they will add more wildlife later, so maybe it will be good)) all the passives are great. Why is it bad if the DEVs want to give all frames unique play styles? People say nekros passive useless, because you will die if you go at close range, maybe, because nekros always used to desecrate and nothing else. Please think before you start raging. This game is not about one shooting enemies. And at least DEVs give some buff to the frames, be happy with it, still better than nothing.

• Upvote 1

"Quirky fun" of Oberon's passive?

Sure, if you want to be functionally passiveless in any Void, Corpus or Infested mission. If this is really the one he will have, at least add neutral wildlife to more tiles. I do like the Volt/Mag reworks, but the list of passives suggests that some Warframes are given a gimmick when most get an at least partially useful passive skill.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, MrDaylight said:

The easiest way to fix all of this would be making consoles banishable. That would lock them out from enemies hacking them and allow Limbo/Tenno to interact with them as long as they're also in the rift. Many other elements need to be banishable, too. Lasers, lockers, traps, slam orbs, explosive barrels, inbound porjectiles like bombard rockets. Situational, sure... but that's supposed to be the quirky nature of limbo... to compliment unique and imaginative playstyle. To say what is and is not in the rift to truly dominate the enemy by controlling this binary set of dimensions. But without anything to banish it eliminates any high concept gameplay.

Right now he's just a sortie defence meta. Everything that made him useful and unique has nerfed him to oblivion.

Except, enemy units can generally used voided consoles... while Limbo can't.

Makes no sense dammit.

Limbo isn't just Sorties either - he's Spies and such too.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AkARony said:

wished DE never fixed that one hit heykka thing this guy would totally appriciate the work then.

Just now, AkARony said:

i see many people complaining about some passives and reworks to be useless, and see this thing from only perspective, for instance the much talked oberon passive, we all know there arent much wildlife in every tileset right? We all know about the new starcharts and if you follow devstream or not but things are going to get rework. Planets and tileset all along, but no you guys just hate the ideas so much you want to complain. You think its useless i think its great. Where's the sense of optimism guys. DE are doing great job! Very happy to see my volt geting rework. Keep going thi these stuffs.

Oh hi DE/Damage Control

Just now, DarkOvion said:

Except, enemy units can generally used voided consoles... while Limbo can't.

Makes no sense dammit.

Limbo isn't just Sorties either - he's Spies and such too.

Voided consoles from 4 power, yes. Which is dumb. I mean banished from 1 power. If both enemy and console are in rift then it stands to reason that the enemy can still use it. Limbo and Tenno should be able to too, though.

As for Limbo being for spies. I've found him less and less useful for this kind of thing if it's high level. And if it's not high level then it doesn't really matter because you can brute force yourself through with over 1m of time to get the target out. When it's clutch and you only have 30s, even with full cooperation from team, it feels clunky. Mainly because of the consoles again. It's easier to banish high value enemies like turrets than it is to be in the rift yourself. That's not a bad or discouraged strategy but... the options are still limited.

Edited by MrDaylight
  • Upvote 1

Rebecca, this list looks great, I will go ahead and nit pick on some items I have questions on or opinions; although it's not listed there you mentioned that Mag's polarize and "bullet attractor/magnetise" would be swapped. It's that still the case? Because it's not listed there. Will their energy cost change or be swapped? 

I am glad that limbo is getting looked at. To be honest with you any change that doesn't involve allowing us to be more interactive while in the rift isn't going to address a major part of limbo's issue imo. So I hope that the tough decision to let us manipulate the game from a safety net plain is approved (no really, it's nothing my almost 31 second duration, 99 damage reduction Trinity Prime can't already do for my squad). I do agree that rift surge shoukd be revisited and hope it can be something more team friendly, perhaps a team boost? Limbo needs to give out more team hugs. :)

I am still somewhat puzzled why Loki and Nyx seem to intertwine so much. I was hoping for something that had to do more with enemy mind manipulation and not sure that dropping your weapon really fixates on that. I guess it's bad form to criticize without providing a solution so how about Nyx has a % chance to mind control enemies with any of her powers for 9 seconds (added time is added to mind control of it procs). 

I also love Ash's passive, i was worried that was going to be an inferior version of Saryn's passive. Anyways, everything else looks amazing, can't wait download the update and keep up the good work.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Passives:

Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift.

*And now Limbo:

If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else. Stay tuned!

I've posted it before and I can only hope you can see it now. A good Limbo passive would be to allow all shots aimed at a rift-walking Limbo to pass through him and hit other enemies (possibly with a small damage buff to make up for enemies god awful damage output towards each other).

A limbo could rift-walk, charge into a mob of enemies, and see how much they could bait them into attacking each other with friendly fire. It's the perfect passive since it's not blatantly OP, melds well with his kit, and isn't constrained to limited maps or a very specific set of circumstances. It's just a nice little boost and something to set him apart.

23 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

thank you oh so very very much for giving him the most worthless passive in the game! great for fighting only agaisnt one faction and only on lower level missions, ones so easy you can sleep through them and still win.

Seriously DE how was this a good idea? I thought you guys were getting away from frames being only useful against singular factions (case in point the mag rework)

i think hydroid one is even worse than oberon lel as a main hydroid non pf player i can tell its no good. The passive regen of 1hp a second seemed real great tho dunno why they chose a 50% chance its total BS they just made it clear again they dont like hydroid as a frame xD

Guys, play mag aslong she is still usefull, because after the nerf nova > mag, gg

The reworks look sweet, but I still feel that Ember, Nova and Oberon have really underwhelming passives. No, they shouldn't be game changers, but they're just far too situation in comparison. I'd even say that Limbo's passive, the one being looked at again, is better than these. Being set on fire and being downed are horrible conditions and while the idea of an army of tamed skate is funny... it's again too situational.

The reworks look great and all the other passives look just right, I don't want to undermine the great stuff here. But please, could these three highly situational ones be looked at again? While they have very powerful effects, their prerequisites are just bad.

Banshee's passive makes her Silence ability less effective. Alternative: Banshee does increased damage using silent weapons, regardless of the reason they are silent.

Chroma's color change is not a passive because it has no effect when he isn't using an ability. Alternative: Chroma's bullet jumps do elemental damage of his selected color when Effigy is not in use. This damage combines with parkour mods.

Ember is too fragile to benefit from any damage source. Alternative: Ember gains slight energy over time when nearby enemies are on fire.

Frost's abilities help prevent him from taking melee hits, so his passive is hard to benefit from. Alternative: Cold procs propagate on contact between enemies near Frost.

Hydroid is too slow to use melee slams reliably. Alternative: Enemies killed by Hydroid's melee have a chance to drop extra loot.

Limbo: Well, if it's not final yet I'll reserve judgement.

Mag already has access to Greedy Pull, which does the same thing. Alternative: Mag deflects bullets back at enemies while rolling or bullet jumping.

Nezha: Sliding more is hardly a special ability. Alternative: Enemies stumble when Nezha slides into or past them, Nezha's slides also cannot be blocked by enemies.

Nova's passive rewards poor play. Alternative: Enemies attacking Nova at close range take typeless recoil damage (due to lingering antimatter).

Nyx: It's not a passive if she needs to use an ability. Alternative: Enemies that are badly damaged near Nyx hesitate for a moment before they continue fighting.

Oberon's passive mostly happens anyway. Alternative: Oberon can turn nearby Wild enemies and summonable enemies (Drahks, Hyekkas, Maggots, certain drones) into allies.

Vauban's passive at maximum gives him the health and armor of Ember Prime. Vauban Prime becomes Rhino... without the Iron Skin. This isn't a huge advantage. Alternative: Vauban increases the maximum shield of nearby allies.

I also think there could be slight 'situational passives' that relate to rare effects only present on some maps.

Ember has a timed delay before environmental fire damages her.

Frost's shields don't fall below a certain level due to cold. Icy patches slow him less.

Hydroid's sprint is faster when standing in water.

Mag takes less damage and no energy drop from magnetic clouds and doors.

Oberon can't be irradiated by lasers, and is harder to irradiate in radiation storms.

Volt has a timed delay before electrified water damages him. Electric traps have more difficulty hitting him.

Saryn's shields, not health, are reduced by toxic sludge.

I know the update is not even here with the passives and other stuff. But as i see them on paper there are a few that i dont like and that should be changed.

Just for feedback i will be posting the passives and what they do (just like Rebecca in the main post) and i will have my thoughts on them, even the ones i consider that are going to be awesome:

Ash: Bleed Procs dealt by Ash from any source are 25% deadlier and last 50% longer.

Feedback: This passive seems actually quite good for me, mostly because it will increase the bleed procs from its 1st and 4th skills like increasing all damage from other weapons that inflict bleeding procs. Some weapons that come to my mind that i like are: Dread, Akjagara, Strun Wraith (yes it does inflict slash procs), Braton Prime, Sancti Tigris, Vasto Prime.

Banshee: All weapons are treated as silent.

Feedback: It looks kind of good actually, with this Banshee will be able to be played with any weapon on spy missions, also making some kind of sinergy with her Silence skill. With this now the phrase "In space no one can hear you scream" will be really good with Banshee.

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.

Feedback: This seems very situational for me to be a passive, its kind of nice since it gives energy and power strength but thinking about it there are just some things that give heat status in the game like: Napalm, environmental hazzards, Carabus, Flameblade, Hyekka Master, Lt Lech Krill, Scorch, Fusion Moa, Hyena Ng, Corrupted Moa and Arson Eximus variants. Mmm almost every enemy faction have at least 1 unit that can inflict heat procs, with the exception of Infested not having any unit, depending only in the Arson Eximus variants or environmental hazzards for the infestation. Still in papper the numbers of energy per second and power strength gained are really good. And this passive will make use of the mod Flame Repelent to some extend i think.

Hydroid: Every Melee Ground-Slam has a 50% chance to lure a Tentacle that will last 15 seconds. 

Feedback:  This seems quite unreasonable for me, mostly because Hydroid doesnt have the statistics of a melee oriented Warframe. For me Hydroid is more of a caster that can keep control of certain areas. A caster that is not so much fragile like Nyx, but still doesnt resist a lot of punishment. The only situations where this passive could be kind of good could be after casting 2 skills being Tidal Surge and Undertow. But still this doesnt seem so appealing to me, mostly because it has a 50% chance to happen, while most of the other passives are a certainty they will happen given some conditions. This passive adds even more to my frustation of Hydroid mostly having RNG based skills: 1st is RNG based, since each salvo can hit anywhere within range of skill; 2nd is RNG based since sometimes enemies wont stick to the wave form and will only take an instance of damage (since this skills generates impact damage on hit and slash damage at the end of the wave, said slash damage is rare to happen since enemies wont stick to the wave to be getting it); 4th tentacles spawning areas are still way too much random, given an example: target the skill at a group of 12 enemies and see how many enemies get actually grabbed by a tentacle, by experience i have only got like 4-8 tentacles grab enemies, the rest of the tentacles will spawn in a random area or wont grab enemies at all.

Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift.

Feedback: This can be kind of good, since most of the time Limbo is in the Rift. It would be good that instead of changing Rift Surge they would add the knock down effect from Banish into his 4th skill Cataclysm. With only adding that little knock downs into Cataclysm every time an enemy enters or leaves the sphere then Limbo would be amazingly awesome and this passive would be really good, at least for me. Like for example (having Cataclysm doing knock downs) you go to an enemy and switch to melee, perform a ground finisher and then switch back to primary or secondary to attack enemies that are trying to stand up  and that are far away from you in the sphere.

Loki: 10x Wall-Cling duration!

Feedback: Loki is one of the most useful warframes in game, this passive while not being totally impressive adds a bonus to Loki stealth skills. So for me this is a good passive, not much impressive but still good.

Mag: Vacuum effect on every Bullet Jump.

Feedback: If this Vacuum effect affects enemies making them have a Pull kind of effect, then its going to be fun to be Bullet Jumping all around the place with Mag. If the Vacuum effect is like Carrier's Vacuum that only picks items then its going to be kind of lame for me. But if Vacuum has both enemy pull and item pick effect then its going to be a good passive.

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health.

Feedback: This passive is one of the few that i didnt liked at all. Its a good concept that Nekros gains health back from enemies that die near Nekros, but the numbers for the range of the passive or the actual Health gain doesnt seem good at all. Either buff the range to 25-30m and/or buff the Health gain to 15-25, i would personally preffer a buff to both things like 25m radius and 15 health gain, but its up to looking for a balance to not making this too much powered up but also not making this a lame passive.

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius.

Feedback: I dont know how this will work but as it seems to me this passive is going to be useful only when a Nova gets in front of units that deals knock downs, which mostly are Heavy units. I dont use Nova too much, but i dont really like this passive.

Nyx: Enemies affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ).

Feedback: It looks now Nyx is goint to be used more often that Loki for complete CC. This passive seems good, but it would be nice to know the % chance the skills will get to disarm.

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

Feedback: No. I dont like this one at all. Vauban´s passive should be Oberon's passive having a % damage reduction that affects Oberon and allies in a radius. I dont like too much Oberon being treated as a Druid, for me its more like a Paladin like character. A defender, a protector, a guardian. Also if Oberon gets Vauban´s passive also 10m is not worth it, buff the range to 20m and it will be cool.

This topic talks more about Oberon buffs or reworks that seem very appealing to me, the passive i mentioned of damage reduction i took it from here so please check this Oberon thread to make a passive that will benefit Oberon and his allies in battle:

Trinity: Revive fallen allies faster from further away.

Feedback: Since Trinity is supposed to be the queen of medics then this passive is theme fitting. I have to see it ingame to see if its worth it or not.

Vauban: Other Warframes within 10 meters give you 25% bonus armour.

Feedback: No. Vauban's armor values are not that much good. A better fitting passive would be that enemies captured ir hit by any Vauban's abilities receive increased damage from allies (including Vauban), like a 5% increased damage per trap first hit on the enemies for 10 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. That would make Vauban not use only Bastille or Vortex to trap down enemies, giving him the need to use other traps to benefit himself and his allies.

Volt: Physical ground-travel distance between attacks causes bonus Electrical damage on next attack.

Feedback: While it doesnt look amazing its not that bad. But still i dont like much this passive, it looks like the Energy Channel mod (but worse), a mod that i dont really feel like using in any of my melee weapons, so having it like a passive on Volt is not something i would like either. The idea of having bonus Electrical damage on attacks is good, the way of obtaining it is not. It would be better that every certain amount of time (doesnt care if its standing still or traveling) Volt obtains this buff. Like every 5-10 seconds Volt's next attack (be it primary, secondary or melee) gets bonus Elemental damage. Its kind of the same but it wont limit Volt to only ground-travel.

After the update is here i will certainly give feedback based upon the usage of the Warframes, but if its not too late to make changes please consider (mostly) Oberon, Vauban, Nekros and Limbo suggestions.

On 26.05.2016 at 2:10 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are also making Shooting Gallery be a permanent buff on Mesa when cast, but Allies will still have it rotate.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

THANK GOODNESS DE, YES!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm genuinely excited to see the changes in action! :D Some of the passives are really cool, like the risk-reward aspect introduced for Ember players to get that energy regen and power strength for their World on Fire sounds really interesting, but I do have some concerns with the other Warframes:

• Oberon seems to have completely drifted away from his original Paladin like aspect into a complete Druid aspect. That's pretty much it, I can't say anything about the "aquaman" effect yet without seeing it in action.
  • Banshee's passive trivializes one aspect of her Silence ability. Does this mean there might be a tweak to her stats and kit in the future? Like making Silence a full on Vertigo-inducing debuff? Also It'd be neat if Allies within a proximity to Banshee also received the silence effect :D It could encourage the few actual stealth runners out there to have a Banshee spotter!
  • For both Nyx and Hydroid, will these synergize with their Augments? For example, would a Bombader affected by Mind Freak still hold onto his weapon? And will a single tentacle still receive the benefits of Pilfering Swarm?

Either way, I'm excited and can't wait! Thank you for your hardwork, DE staff :D

Passives aren't too bad. I don't see how Vauban's passive is very useful, unless affected by range. (Since most people run range on Vauban and 10m is tiny). I was looking forward to a new passive for Chroma considering I think the whole "change element based on energy colour" is supposed to be a main part of him, not an extra passive like most other frames. Kind of like how Equinox's passive is the ability to be either Day or Night form when starting a mission, but also includes a built-in Equilibrium. I also think Rhino's passive is a little lackluster. Maybe giving him some weapon type damage buffs like Mesa and Excalibur would make for a better passive. I'd suggest Fist weapons, Tonfas and Hammers. (I think because he was packaged with Ankyros Prime, he seems like a brawler). Quote me if you guys have any other ideas for passive reworks.

Vauban : You need to hold hands with your teammates for this bonus to be in effect, the range is just hilariously bad. And the armor bonus isnt big enough to worth considering. Cap it at 3 people but make it at least 75 per those players and within 100 meters instead(100meters is the minimum range it should have)  

Oberon passive is just really lame, so is Oberon though.

Banshee passive is good, does what one of her abilities does but.... I Don't play Banshee and don't know the uptime. 

Hydroid one just seems odd

Ember : When she gets a status effect on herself? really? this is just hilariously bad. DE does so much good but the things that are stupid are stupid beyond comprehension.

Make it so Ember gains some sort of bonus when SHE has an ENEMY ignited and not when she's being mauled by a Napalm or something similar giving her about 2 seconds of this hideous bonus. JUST NO. DONT.

Another thing you could do with Ember is making her fire status effects do twice the damage, this effect doesn't stack so it's not all that amazing, but having people ablaze will actually do some damage then, her fire status procs should either stack or do more damage, or have the current proposed bonus affect enemies as stated above, at a reduced power level.

Nova being 6 meters is not enough, should be at very least 10 meters.  

Mag : Pretty cool if the radius is more than 2 meters but I kinda have my doubts now.

Trinity : This is a GOOD bonus for Trin

Ash : This bonus is what Embers passive should be similar to in some way or form. This is a really good bonus. 

1 hour ago, Achaix said:

"Quirky fun" of Oberon's passive?

Sure, if you want to be functionally passiveless in any Void, Corpus or Infested mission. If this is really the one he will have, at least add neutral wildlife to more tiles. I do like the Volt/Mag reworks, but the list of passives suggests that some Warframes are given a gimmick when most get an at least partially useful passive skill.

Someone forgot the ninja cats

So disappointed with ember. Devstream itself led us to believe it was the other way around: Embers specializes at inducing heat procs, hence she should benefit from that, y'know, like Ash, which you guys on ther other hand made have a useful passive that synergizes with what he does, bleed procs. Now God knows how long it'll take for ember have a useful passive, let alone a rework which she's been starving for for over 2 years.

The rest bar a few other passives is awesome just so i don't completely sound salty but she's my favorite warframe. Sad day for ember fans.