Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

[DE]Rebecca

I hope they change Ivara's passive. May i suggest passive that relates using Bows (she shoots 2x faster or more damage when using bows or anything that utilizes more on using a primary bow weapon) ^_^ since she is the Huntress of Warframe. But other than that the new update is Awesome, Can't wait to see them 

I have a question, on mags ability bullet attractor (now magnetize), if we shoot non hit scan bullets into it that have punch through well the bullets damage the enemies only once then continue phasing through the target doing no damage or will the bullet repeatedly hit the enemy and damage them during the duration of the bullet or the ability.  

Edited by RoanapurArtist

1 minute ago, chuck74 said:

Can rhino's passive PLEASE BE CHANGED?!?!?

Like a melee buff or passive rage or maybe "For every 500 damage rhino takes he has a invisibility mode for X seconds"

What the ??? passive rage ? invisibility ? lol, that too powerful and obvious, btw the passive is nice if you play with well.

Just now, Garvarr said:

What the ??? passive rage ? invisibility ? lol, that too powerful and obvious, btw the passive is nice if you play with well.

Rhino = tank

this must be

or anything other than passive heavy impact

its just dumb

rhino isn't really just a "tank", and for info, even if he can be a nice melee, his iron skin was first suited to take more survivability, the charge for mobility, the 3 to boost damage and friend and 4th as panic button and control, but he can be an amzing ranged as a melee tank or else, and his tanking isn't so great, after all any nulifier will destroy his only one tanking ability, the iron skin damage take direct damage without armor reduction (this is why many rhino was and still play with Shield buffer and regen before the iron skin buff )

Heay impact isn't a Damage btw, it stagger enemies around too !

Asking for invisibility and Rage is like asking santa a new wife, this will never happen... just realise a minute, invisibility ? there is Naramon or Arcane for this. Rage ? there is the mod ! and both thing are too powerful to be passive.

I feel like Limbo's passive should be another augment for Rift Walk. As for his 3rd ability, maybe have him be able to cause the targeted ally unit (or himself if none are targeted)  to be able to damage enemies both in the Rift and out of. This would make him slightly less reliant on his Rift Walk and Banish combo and allow for multiple ways to play him.

On 5/25/2016 at 5:10 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mag:

Magnetize (previously Bullet Attractor) will root the target in place. Damage over time is dealt to all enemies within a set radius, with the amount of damage based on how far from the center of the Magnetized they are. A percentage of the damage of absorbed bullets/projectiles/shrapnel will be used to increase the DOT. Up to 4 targets can be Magnetized at this time.

Passives:

Ash: Bleed Procs dealt by Ash from any source are 25% deadlier and last 50% longer.

Banshee: All weapons are treated as silent.

Hydroid: Every Melee Ground-Slam has a 50% chance to lure a Tentacle that will last 15 seconds.  

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health.

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius.

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

As you may or may not know, we are making Mesa's personal Peacemaker weapon scale with Secondary Weapon Mods. Peacemaker itself will be tweaked to accommodate for the sudden surge in power that inheriting underlying-Mods introduces.  

We are also making Shooting Gallery be a permanent buff on Mesa when cast, but Allies will still have it rotate.

shut_up_and_take_my_platinum_sfm_version

Edited by hazerddex

I think you should really consider providing chroma with a passive a real one. The current one is not a passive but a mechanic to his gameplay the ability to change elements, btw he should be able to change his element on the fly, for being the master of elements he sure can't multitask. 

Embers passive makes no sense especially considering there is a huge discussion about oberons passive being narrow. Embers passive is far too narrow with having so few enemies that could trigger the heat status on her. Which btw if its triggered on her early game its a gimmick, late game its pointless because those few enemies that do trigger the status will destroy her.

Banshee's passive is redundant when you have silence as her third ability, how about whenever she ground slams she allows herself to see enemies behind walls and other obstructions for a short duration.

The detailed look at things that trivialize the games content I hope you take this endeavor seriously. When you release content to me its very apparent that the difficulty is scaled for the OP things yet not for everyone/everything else in the game. Creating a large divide between hard as hell to easy mode, so whatever you do with the offenders I hope you compensate this by adjusting the difficulty of some of your content to be more accessible,fair and challenging in regards to enemies and their behavior instead of buffing up the weaker options(least in some capacity) so these weak options don't simply become op as well creating more power creep.

I'm kinda unsure to ask you again DE (like I did years ago)... but you've got to change Volt, so it's kinda related (but it's much more level design than character one):

Can you finally make Volt's Shock ability not fail if directly aim-casted into environmental water (It just do nothing to enemies nearby ATM)? It's definitely a bug. Make it trigger electric proc to every enemy that touches (standing) in water, that will make a real sense and usage. OR at least make it work properly: same as if you hit the floor with it.

PLEASE?

Spoiler

Water%20Shock%20bug.png

Water-Shock-bug.gif

Edited by Consona
pics added

I dont like the idea of a drop that other players need to pickup in order to get volts speed boost. Cant you just make it where a back handspring gets you out of it if you dont want it like the limbo thing. The skill will be over by the time you mark the drop and everyone comes to get it. Or have to huddle up first? I just dont think that sounds very good or ninja like or space like. At least making it back handspring to opt-out keeps things consistent. Outside of that everything seems ok and reasonable and I am really liking the passives. 

8 hours ago, lioganda said:

the problem with making peacemaker like Ivaras 4th is that Ivara's is based on bows so it can go through multiply enemies are as Peacemaker doesn't. Also if it used energy with each shot like Ivara's you have to go with max efficiency because you would run at of energy way to fast.

HOLY GOD Volt's passive sucks.  It ANTI-SCALES.

How can that even effect anything past level 30?

How can this ever be useful in a Sortie or Trial?

Answer:  It can't!  It won't!  It's BAD!

Whatever happened to a POWER STRENGTH BUFF?  That MIGHT have some use here, rather than...  capped damage...

---------------------------------------------

EDIT:  Now that that's somewhat out of my system, I'm looking forward to the rework of Volt's rework.  Also, I find it somewhat disconcerting that we're looking at set damage number buffs in a game where enemies (and their damage mitigation) scale infinitely, and where Volt's primary defense, Shields, is so bloody worthless.  Seriously, shields are gone if something looks at my reflection crossways.  Shield gating please!

Edited by Cytobel
Now with 50% less Salt!

On 5/26/2016 at 9:34 AM, DeMonkey said:

Slightly disappointed. Passives are situational at best, useless at worst and will hardly have an impact on how I play. I actually get some use out of Rhinos passive for instance, bullet jumping into a crowd knowing they'll be CC'd. 

I don't see myself repeatedly jump slamming my melee as Hydroid, he's far too squishy.

I don't see myself getting set on fire as Ember, there's like 4 enemies in the game that have a chance to do it.

Why would I need silenced weapons as Banshee?

How often are other Warframes within 10m of you, in a game where you can travel that distance in under a second?

Sorry guys, I've liked the passives you made so far, but these are mostly meh imo.

I completely agree with the Hydroid passive. I spit balled some pirate themed passives that I thought would be more fitting in a previous thread about it. Some of them were in jest, but I think a few are actually worthy.

On 5/18/2016 at 2:06 AM, BloodForTheBloodGods said:

-Custom spyglass scope for all the things.
-increased chance of rare drops from crates or increased chance of rare crate spawn (probs not)
-A parrot talks to you, telling you if there is a rare near by
-A parrot talks to you, doesn't help you in game, just entertains you
-A parrot tells the enemy that they suck, reducing their morale, and damage
-Hydroid leaves a moist trail in his wake, causing enemies to fall or ragdoll based on speed when entering.
-Upon taking fatal damage, hydroid drinks rum, giving him increased damage and can use primary weapon(?) and move while bleeding out

100% agree with Banshee. I suggested she get some form of passive evasion chance or extremely low threat level, so she's targeted far less in a team. 

As for the others

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.
Now this has been receiving a lot of dislike, but I think with a bit of tweaking, it could be really cool. You see, it reminds me of the Hellborn Tree of Krieg the Psycho for Borderlands 2. If they made it a bit more like that, it could be the coolest of the passives. Something like Applying a Heat Status effect has a chance to proc Ember with a Heat Status. While under Heat status Ember gains a 5% Health regen from damage dealt, while also increasing her Power Strength by 20% Damage from all sources 20%.

Loki's passive is useless in my opinion. Actually no, the only use I can think of is in that one Moon Spy mission. Not a very good idea. I have no idea what he should have instead. Same for Mag.

Limbo & Nyx: Not really passives. Require you to use an ability to activate. they're actives.

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health. For a warframe who's whole purpose revolves around desecrating and creating health orbs, this is really weak. I can't think of anything to replace it but, yeah not good.

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius. Kinda cool. Range might deserve an increase. Otherwise, this is aight, considering she's a glass cannon.

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds. No.

Vauban: Other Warframes within 10 meters give you 25% bonus armour. Like Nova. Cool idea, fits with his theme sort of. He's already a frame predisposed to camping, so it'll probably work fine. Range might deserve an increase, to encourage other gameplay besides camping.

Volt: Physical ground-travel distance between attacks causes bonus Electrical damage on next attack. Pretty Cool idea. Not sure how useful this will be in a horde game, but I think it'll be fun. I haven't heard numbers, so I guess it'll depend on the scaling/ is there a damage cap. If you can literally do nothing but run around for 20mins, ult and tesla coil the map into oblivion, that'd be pretty sick.

Edited by BloodForTheBloodGods

Im a lover of limbo and im glad Rift Surge is leaving, as it seemed to be quite useless.
I do like the new passive, but as others have explained it's more of a ability thing than a warframe characteristic, if you would.
Sense a passive is like that extra "push over the cliff" (ie: Ash's bleed), it'd be best to get limbo to the cliff first.

His first issue is, he's squishy. He makes up for it by running away into the void if he's fast enough to cast it in time. The alternative to that method is spamming "4", but the problem with that, is the damage drops off real quick. So now we have squishy and weak. Now limbo isnt a dps frame like valkyr or ember. He's definitely a Crowd Controller, being able to send away high threat enemies with banish. He's also great for survival missions; pop a rift walk and get from Life Support to Life Support without a scratch, meanwhile building up energy quicker.

Nyx is love, Nyx is life and Nyx can solo like a boss. Her crowd control abilities are OP enough that they don't need to directly do damage.
Limbo is the forgotten child. Great CC potential, and decent survivability until damage drops off, then all he can do is hide in rift walk.

Suggestions:
New Skill: Rift Pull - Limbo launches a rift sphere forward at his enemies leaving those hit with a Rift Aura, pulling nearby enemies together and damaging them over time.
                 250/375/500/700 radiation damage over 2/4/7/10 seconds
                 5/8/14/20 meters pull radius
         *Keep the augment for Rift Surge sense it would scale well with higher levels as they tend to travel in bigger packs, like in surivals. Using cataclysm then Rift Pull would make limbo strong enough for those high level missions.*

Passive: If limbo takes damage from # or more enemies witihin X time, he enters a further rift for 3 seconds allowing him to walk through enemies with 15% movement buff.

This is just what I think would make Limbo more interesting to play sense he would be his same squishy self while preserving his troll-like characteristics and be doing enough damage to get further in defense and survival missions, where his abilities come in handy.

4 minutes ago, BloodForTheBloodGods said:

Something like Applying a Heat Status effect has a chance to proc Ember with a Heat Status. While under Heat status Ember gains a 5% Health regen from damage dealt, while also increasing her Power Strength by 20%.

It's entirely possible that I'm misunderstanding what you're suggesting, but if I'm not, you're suggesting that Ember repeatedly lights herself on fire when she lights enemies on fire.

If this is true, I must ask, are you completely out of your mind?

1 minute ago, travaca said:

Im a lover of limbo and im glad Rift Surge is leaving, as it seemed to be quite useless.
I do like the new passive, but as others have explained it's more of a ability thing than a warframe characteristic, if you would.
Sense a passive is like that extra "push over the cliff" (ie: Ash's bleed), it'd be best to get limbo to the cliff first.

His first issue is, he's squishy. He makes up for it by running away into the void if he's fast enough to cast it in time. The alternative to that method is spamming "4", but the problem with that, is the damage drops off real quick. So now we have squishy and weak. Now limbo isnt a dps frame like valkyr or ember. He's definitely a Crowd Controller, being able to send away high threat enemies with banish. He's also great for survival missions; pop a rift walk and get from Life Support to Life Support without a scratch, meanwhile building up energy quicker.

Nyx is love, Nyx is life and Nyx can solo like a boss. Her crowd control abilities are OP enough that they don't need to directly do damage.
Limbo is the forgotten child. Great CC potential, and decent survivability until damage drops off, then all he can do is hide in rift walk.

Suggestions:
New Skill: Rift Pull - Limbo launches a rift sphere forward at his enemies leaving those hit with a Rift Aura, pulling nearby enemies together and damaging them over time.
                 250/375/500/700 radiation damage over 2/4/7/10 seconds
                 5/8/14/20 meters pull radius
         *Keep the augment for Rift Surge sense it would scale well with higher levels as they tend to travel in bigger packs, like in surivals. Using cataclysm then Rift Pull would make limbo strong enough for those high level missions.*

Passive: If limbo takes damage from # or more enemies witihin X time, he enters a further rift for 3 seconds allowing him to walk through enemies with 15% movement buff.

This is just what I think would make Limbo more interesting to play sense he would be his same squishy self while preserving his troll-like characteristics and be doing enough damage to get further in defense and survival missions, where his abilities come in handy.

Rift Surge allows you to counter the damage fall off.

My Sancti Tigris does something silly like 140,000 damage with Rift Surge on....