Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, -RIPD-Unduku said:

Enemies who was affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ), after the powers Duration stopped.

They already said in a devstream that is how it will work.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't see myself getting set on fire as Ember, there's like 4 enemies in the game that have a chance to do it.

But then there is completely no point in using mind control what so ever just because 1 enemy will not attack? It should be that they drop affter it ends or is recast.

22 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

If you watched the last devstream you would've seen that they were thinking of adding more Wildlife or Companions to more factions very soon. So, it isn't a pointless passive. At least it won't be very soon.

The problem is though that they are only just thinking of adding more Wildlife or Companions. What happens if such an idea never takes fruit? Even if they eventually did start working on adding more wildlife and or companions to the game, how long would such content take to be implemented to every single tileset and future ones? If it never takes place, how long would it honestly take them to revisit oberon and redo his passive again? Honestly, I think they need do redo oberon's passive to something that benefits him more to the current content we have rather then having a passive in place based on content that may or may not arrive any time soon. Maybe once they actually add wildlife to all tilesets, they can revisit this idea.

As for limbo's passive I am not excited about it either. Right now he needs more survivability methods in the rift if anything but I will withhold my judgment until they actually finalize his passive and if they modify riftsurge or not (which in my opinion it needs better team utility rather being a self buff in the rift).

Edited by (PS4)Raptor_T9X

3 minutes ago, -RIPD-Unduku said:

Thats not very good DE, if i use Mind Control i always try to get a Enemy with a big fat Weapon like a Bombard. Its a bad idea that i minimize my own power by disarming him. Maybe you can chage it to somtehing like this:

Enemies who was affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ), after the powers Duration stopped.

This was discussed in a dev stream. The disarm would not happen until after mind control ended. 

As for mesa I like the mod scaling but given the general pace of the game and the changes made previously to Peacemaker  it would be nice if the root effect of it was removed so we could move around like other frames with similar abilities.

1 minute ago, Fifield said:

This is a big nerf to Speed.

It's really not.  And it will be extremely welcome in pugs to not pick up the MAX POWER SPEED buff that lasts for 5 seconds and is relatively commonly seemingly used to troll.

If some (apparently lengthy) thoughts from a dirty console peasant are permitted, concerning passives, Ember and Oberon are rather deeply disappointing, especially in light of all the constructive discussion that was held about those two - Ember in particular is a huge missed opportunity, as with the passive reversed, it would give her Toxic Lash/Spore levels of energy flexibility, which would be incredibly useful on her.  As far as Oberon goes, only time will tell whether the hinted new wildlife was blown smoke, or a tantalizing hint.  Judgement's of course withheld until I've actually got my hands on it (so, a nice little chunk of time to watch the beta testers PC folks play around with it and let us know what to expect).  It is nice to hear you all aren't really satisfied with Limbo.  He's neat, and unique, and... the poor guy's damaged goods at this point.

Oh, and Chroma still doesn't have a passive because "Select which Spectral Scream, Elemental Ward and Effigy to use for the duration of the mission" is a mechanic for how to use his abilities.  To sing the song again, Equinox's passive would have to be "Can switch between day and night forms".

Moving on, and of course this will be answered tomorrow, the huge thing I'm curious about is if Shield Polarize will still be viable as a nuke, or if it will become strictly a debuff.  The expanding wave and little bit of gameplay shown makes it really seem the latter option, and I'm definitely going to be hitting F5 tomorrow to see.  

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Then we move on to bigger Warframe reviews – this includes a detailed look at things that trivializes all content to an extreme.

Oh if this isn't a bell tolling.  All I can ask is if you all severely rebalance some of our more, um, lactose filled options, that you all also take a look at what situations they are commonly used in, and perhaps attempt to address underlying root causes resulting in a more big picture restructuring instead of just swinging a nerf bat at one area in particular.

Wow.  That got long.  Sorry.  As always, thanks for sharing with us.  

9 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

If you watched the last devstream you would've seen that they were thinking of adding more Wildlife or Companions to more factions very soon. So, it isn't a pointless passive. At least it won't be very soon.

except the fact that by default wild life already prioritizes enemies over the player so again kinda pointless when the default game does it for you

Here's some constructive criticism from a veteran: Some of these passives are very underwhelming. Passive abilities should not be as limiting as Nyx's "On ability cast" or Embers "On receiving fire status" (there aren't a whole lot of fire statuses in corpus missions, and virtually none in infested missions, plus most things that can burn you end up burning to death before they can). Excalibur, Mesa, Saryn, Ashe and Banshee are all examples of great passives. They affect more than one thing, and are either always on or trigger often. Nova and Trinity have decent passives as well, but a lot of the others kind of feel like you're just slapping something onto their abilities, or else they're suited to a certain type of game play. Take Hydroid for example: In order for that passive to make a noticeable effect, you'll have to be doing a LOT of ground slams. Why not change it to something like "Spawns a friendly tentacle every 10 or 20 seconds"? Ember is another example of a passive with a GREAT effect, but not a whole lot of ways to trigger that effect. Also, have you thought about scaling passives with warframe level, like all the other abilities? For example, currently frost's passive freezes enemies that melee him at a very underwhelming and useless rate. Perhaps as warframe level increases, so does his passives chance to freeze melee attackers?

Anyways, that's my feedback if it's worth anything. Otherwise, thanks for the amazing game! Can't wait to try out the mag and volt changes! :D

Just now, Melos-mevim said:

except the fact that by default wild life already prioritizes enemies over the player so again kinda pointless when the default game does it for you

Oberons new passive includes drakks and hiekkas. You also turn the grineers pets against them. Pretty useful if you ask me, although only against one faction...

You... actually went with the wildlife passive for Oberon... what is wrong with you Scott? I'm sorry for saying that but that has got to be the most useless idea for Oberon at the moment. Sure it's a nice thematic touch but consider it's only functional in only 2 to 3 tilesets, for mobs that already attack the enemies and on top of that is time limited.

Meanwhile people are screaming for Oberon to get buffs to fullfill his role much better. While I am not very certain on details Oberon's bassive should aid in the buffing/healing of his teammates or debuffing the enemy, hell why not both since he has paladin on him?

Oh and I see no mention of any Chroma passives, so I'll assume that indeed you think his element swapping mechanic is it. Even though you classify it as such, that is a base feature of the warframe, no way that can be a passive in the slightest, why does Equinox who has similar mechanics for her powers still get a real passive?

Edited by RahuHordika

One thing I will say right now, place the passive information somewhere in the codex or other place players can read it. I had no idea that any 'frames had passives until I watched a Tactical Potato video. There needs to be better access to information within game so that the wiki doesn't become a life/death necessity to play. I still don't know where the wiki users even get the infor they do.

Just now, Shamefulprawn41 said:

Oberons new passive includes drakks and hiekkas. You also turn the grineers pets against them. Pretty useful if you ask me, although only against one faction...

yes and he can turn them on each other anyways through the casting of reckoning or smite (100% rad procs are amazing you know) so again a useless passive

12 minutes ago, -RIPD-Unduku said:

Thats not very good DE, if i use Mind Control i always try to get a Enemy with a big fat Weapon like a Bombard. Its a bad idea that i minimize my own power by disarming him. Maybe you can chage it to somtehing like this:

They said in the dev stream that this is how it works for mind control.

5 minutes ago, -RIPD-Unduku said:

They talked about this in the last devstream. Mind Control won't disarm until it's duration runs out.

As for my feedback. Ember's and Vauban's passives are pretty bad.

Vaubaun should support the team. Increasing ammo drops within a certain radius is an option or just giving nearby allies a slow ammo regeneration. 

Oberon's would be ok if more wildlife is added to the other factions.

3 minutes ago, Shamefulprawn41 said:

Citation needed, please very much needed.

Love the reworks and am ready to play them. I do have a couple issue with the passives presented:

Mag: I get it fits thematically, but you can just take carrier or greedy pull if you're brave enough. I'm trying to see the upsides to this, like more sentinels getting used with Mag, but I really don't see this as being a good passive. Maybe having a chance for enemy bullets to refill Mag's ammo (as if she is drawing it out of the air) would be cool.

Banshee: It's already on one of her abilities, albeit meant for support. I think if this passive is kept, silence will need a change. I don't know what to propose here

Oberon: Not only is this useful on two tilesets for one faction, it's not permanent and it doesn't benefit him in any meaningful way. There were tons of threads saying this is a bad idea and some offered some pretty good ones. Personally, i would rather he gets Vauban's current Passive, and Vauban gets something else, preferably with more range.

Vauban: As much as locking down an area is good, no one really stands still that much except on certain missions. this passive has locked Vauban further to defense and mobile defense missions. Maybe a passive that gives him increased armor the more abilties he has casted up to a cap. He does spam grenades quite often, so the number doesn't have to be high.

Secondly, I'm quite sad Chroma was never considered for a passive change. His current mechanic is not really a passive. It's cool and thematic, but makes him unable to utilize all the elements he has access to. Everyone who plays Chroma goes with a majority pick on Ice, followed by Fire, then Toxic. Electic sees very little play since Vex Armor needs to stack fury, and having more shields actually harms him. Will you guys consider giving Chroma another look?

1 minute ago, RahuHordika said:

Citation needed, please very much needed.

Right in the description DE just gave on the first page of this thread. Says neutral OR enemy faction. Since current "Wildlife" such as feral kubrows are all considered neutral, I just assumed enemy meant the grineers pets. Could be wrong, but it makes sense to me

16 minutes ago, -RIPD-Unduku said:

That's what they said it's gonna be in Devstream. Description is ilusive but they said they will allow you to use the mob's potential and after that, disarm.

19 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Rolling is part of traversal in Parkour Mobility 2.0. I have enough trouble with unBanishing myself when travelling as-is.

Much much much better than having to turn around just to check how far back the Speed pickup is.

But I'd be happy to hear other suggestions.  I've already suggested a don't-mess-with-me toggle key.