[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

47 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius.

WOW this is the most stupid passive...

Nova knocked down=nova dead. in 70% of the cases...

Also you really want to stay safe with her not being even touched by bullets...

Don't introduce this kind of passives, introduce the passives who can be improved for better uses...

Edited by Zari2015
  • Upvote 12

My thoughts and feedback

• Ash (bleed proc buff): ANOTHER Bladestorm buff? Animation speed affected by finishers, Steel Charge, Arcane Trickery, Body Count, and now this. It'll be really good for Naramon cheesing with Shadow Step solo, since there you rely on Corrosive/Slash procs to kill the enemy (BTW that Focus passive needs addressing, it's incredibly INCREDIBLY broken, and if you are looking at things that trivialize content, that passive needs to be axed first. It's just a poor design choice since it pigeonholes every Warframe into buff/debuff and how fast can you melee something to death--survivability doesn't matter when you're invisible throughout the absolute entirety of the mission.
  • Banshee (silent weapons): I like this one but what happens to Silence? It also loses effectiveness in a team or endless missions which isn't the best outcome.
  • Chroma (colors = elements): He still doesn't have a real passive because he can't benefit from different colors at the same time, AND heat/electric are much weaker than cold/toxin because heat is a weaker form of cold (more HP < projectile block, more armor, cold procs) and electric needs range (which you should never ever build Chroma for, especially with Everlasting Ward's existence)
  • Ember (buff when she is set on fire): Terrible. This happens very infrequently, and when it does it's probably going to kill or severely wound her because it's from a Napalm with their graphics-defying hitboxes. Please reconsider this, a passive shouldn't be triggered by a negative effect.
  • Equinox (10% Equilibrium mod): Trash. It's thematically poor as well, her duality works with health/energy but she's so bad at it that she only musters a 10% effect? Please buff it to AT LEAST 50% so it's actually noticeable. It's useless even on Mercury in its current state.
  • Hydroid (RNG tentacle on ground slam): RNG + Passive? Please just make it 100% chance if you're going to keep this ultimately ineffectual passive, what's the worst that could happen? He gets a huge amount of tentacles? He already has an ability that does that.
  • Limbo (reload/holster+ in Rift): Meh, since a 50% boost to reload isn't actually all that good. On a standard 2.0 s reload, you save ~.7 seconds so it's not actually cutting the time in half. Limbo still needs a total rework to not feel like the game is actively punishing him. BTW, Ceres tar and lightning hurt him through the Rift still.
  • Loki (boosted Wall Cling): Perfect actually. Lets him be a creep on the wall, doesn't make him stronger than he already is, actually has some limited application. Keep it.
  • Mag (vacuum on Bullet Jump): I don't like this for two reasons: 1) it's useless if you use Carrier, and if you DO normally use Carrier than it's probably inferior to Vacuum's precept range (not sure, could we get details?), 2) makes me worry we're not getting Vacuum universal on frames/companions. Seriously, how has this not been addressed, it's been a universal complain for years.
  • Nekros (restore health from nearby enemy death): Flavorful, but pretty low amount. Still nice since it's 10m, so workable. I'll take what we can get. 
  • Nova (knockdown enemies if she is knocked down): Not getting the flavor here, but I guess it's nice? Range is pretty poor though.
  • Nyx (disarm enemies from her powers): Can we stop this "Nyx and Loki, who will steal the other's ability in the best way?" thing? I also can't remember the specifics, is it disarm after ability ends? If so, it's fine I guess. But again, this is Nyx, not Loki. 
  • Oberon (animal friends): Meh. Skate already attack Grineer and draw a lot of aggro (so much so that the Grineer trigger base-wide alarms for the things. . . Wat), Drakk are actually extremely weak and won't be good companions. That leaves Hyekka, but I think I'd rather shoot the Hyekka master myself then expect the cats to till her, since he's inexplicably a walking bullet sponge despite not having any big armor. What's up with that? 
  • Trinity (revive buff): Is it bigger range to start reviving, or is it actually a ranged revive? It's nice I guess, but Blessing Trinities almost never have a teammate go down. Good for EV trins I suppose and a good tool for hybrid builds.
  • Vauban (+armor near allies): Garbage. He has very low armor and this is a barely noticeable change to damage reduction & EHP. It's only SLIGHTLY noticeable on the PRIME, and worthless on default.
  • Volt (electric charge to attack after running): Nice I suppose, but what's the damage buff? If it has poor scaling then it may as well not exist. Can it have 100% Electric status chance? 

I haven't listed alternatives here since I'm just giving feedback, but I'll try and think of other passives soon.

• Upvote 26

The best thing you've introduced so far are Rathum mods that do flat damage along with a percent of health damage. This feature fairly cries to be applied to most of warframe abilities (though on cast, rather than on kill).

Edited by Bouldershoulder
  • Upvote 5

So Vauban will get at most 75 armor in a normal mission (excluding trails) and the standard Vauban (which more people will have over prime) will get about 40 armor

Well... I guess it's better than nothing

• Upvote 2

If your gonna give Oberon a passive for wildlife atleast make it so he gets a buff when you bring a kubrow or kavat.

• Upvote 21

Welp, that's the final nail in the coffin for Banshee I guess. 

A passive that does pretty much the same thing as her third ability. Top notch.

I guess the one positive is that I can remove my Banshee loadout now for an extra slot. 

• Upvote 9

Oberon:

(a frame that lack of lot of things but wth great potential deserve more than just that)

Passive should be usefull in any situation,the "wild life thingy" shouldn't be all for himand is too situational to be his only passive

Let him do additional damages to irradiated enemies as well

Vauban:

A passive of 10m range that need allies to work is like Oberon wild life thingy way too situational

Give vauban  +150% shield rate restore while in his own skill radius as well

They need both the situational and the usable

Chroma:

The element select with energy color shoudnt even be considered as a passive...

he need something...

Edited by Tsoe
  • Upvote 6

44 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Then we move on to bigger Warframe reviews – this includes a detailed look at things that trivializes all content to an extreme.

9b6.gif

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

*And now Limbo:

If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else. Stay tuned!

Rift Surge can be replaced with Rift Tear that will open a portal allowing Allies, Enemies and Bullets to freely traverse betwen planes, would be usefull for taking out reactor or small groups of enemies without putting yourself into too much danger. Entering the rift trough such a tear will let you stay in the rift until tear is closed.

Also i realy hoped that when Rift Strike mod for Twin Basolk released it would be a passive for Limbo but oh well :sad: 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Fifield said:

What if Volt is behind everyone when he casts this?  Turning around to see if Volt left behind such a pickup is horrible for movement flow, the opposite of what you want in missions you bring Volt for.  This is a big nerf to Speed.

I know, an ally is going to say "Wait, were did you leave the portal?" 

"No idea, somewhere?" 

*Hunts down for portal, speed ends thus portal goes away*

"Ahhh it's gone now" 

• Upvote 13

47 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Trinity: Revive fallen allies faster from further away.

Very vague. Not sure if this will be like Nekros' Soul Survivor or it will be like reviving like normal but somehow doing it from a small distance (Something that can easily be done with the inertia after sliding)

Personally makes me afraid if it's not gonna be good considering the vagueness.

• Upvote 3

Just something that previous people have stated, if passive require active ability to be used, that's not really passive, that's a common ability mechanic shared by 4 abilities. Frames like Volt and Nyx need something that allow them to use their passives outside of their ability.

Just a quick thoughts for these

Volt, charges will be slowly drained and energy will be restored if charges hasn't been used for a while.

Nyx, melee has chance to disarm enemies

• Upvote 6

I really, really, really don't like Nyx's passive. I wasn't super pleased with Loki getting a mini-Chaos, and I'm not pleased with Nyx getting a mini-Radial Disarm.

• Upvote 18

I think it's a bad move to not give Chroma a passive. His elemental output is a mechanic exclusive to him, he should not be denied a passive simply because he has a unique trait.

Please consider giving Chroma a passive.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Upvote 21

The passives appear a little underwhelming. But then again, after three years of not having passives it might add a little flavor and enhancement. Will have to wait and see.

Im hoping the volt rework increases his playability outside of a corpus mission. He was currently only good for large AoE stunning.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.

And when is she getting Overheat put back into her kit so she can take advantage of this, seeing as how she's a glass cannon?

• Upvote 9

Yeah, Limbo still needs work. Rift Surge needs to be merged into Rift Walk and replaced with something else, preferably not a buff that needs to be recast constantly. And the whole Companion going into the Rift with you upon Rift Walk really should also be optional. Press Rift Walk to take, Hold Rift Walk to Not Take. From what I saw, many of us were not happy with that change because we specifically used tactics utilizing the companion being outside the Rift out taking care of the trash mobs while we took care of the bigger threats. It pretty much broke Limbo for me because of how I played him.

I feel like a bunch of these passives are just not needed, "When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meters radius".. Really? I don't see the link between Nova and knocking down enemies while on the ground. And Vauban, what's the point?? Some passives are great but most of them are "meh". I thought only Frost, Ember, Saryn and Volt would get passives resistance from elements but surely that's not what you guys planned. 

Not trying to be salty or anything, it just feels wrong a little bit.

And...

R.i.p polarize 2013-2016... 

Was good while it lasted. Against Corpus that is.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

That's so situational that it should be for the entire mission rather than 20 seconds 

• Upvote 5

I like how Mag and Volt are equally as useless, yet Mag gets a REAL rework and Volt just gets sprinkles. His first is "meh" at best, and his speed basically just got nerfed for team use. Why?

Also, this better not be the end of the changes for Mesa. That frame needs way more than just melee mods and a minor adjustment to Shooting Gallery that isn't even going to be noticed by people who mostly play solo anyway.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

And when is she getting Overheat put back into her kit so she can take advantage of this, seeing as how she's a glass cannon?

Could replace fire blast with Overheat but make it a tad bit weaker

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mag:

Mag's role as a one-trick Corpus pony is controversially discussed. The emergence of high-level Corpus Sorties projected the spotlight on her, and we decided to approach her revision in a way that simply makes all her abilities more engaging in more places.

So she whips the Corpus in Sorties, and now gets the "well rounded" treatment? Ah..........

We'll see.

I like that frame, but sooooo many nerfs over the years. Makes it feel like another.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Valsako said:

I like how Mag and Volt are equally as useless, yet Mag gets a REAL rework and Volt just gets sprinkles. His first is "meh" at best, and his speed basically just got nerfed for team use. Why?

Also, this better not be the end of the changes for Mesa. That frame needs way more than just melee mods and a minor adjustment to Shooting Gallery that isn't even going to be noticed by people who mostly play solo anyway.

Volt didn't need much of a rework. If you know how to play him, he's far from useless even without being tweaked. As for the speed thing, I HATE having speed forced on me. I don't want or need it. When I use it on Volt, it's for emergencies.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

So she whips the Corpus in Sorties, and now gets the "well rounded" treatment? Ah..........

We'll see.

I like that frame, but sooooo many nerfs over the years. Makes it feel like another.

Well BB corpus nuker hello ... something?

Ayyyy nothing about Mesa's peacemaker being able to walk while in peacekeeper that augment better not become reality.

• Upvote 1