Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo suggestions and passive suggestion

Pavelord

With the recent announce of the tweaks proposed to Limbo's rift surge (it's removal), i came up with an idea that could work and reinforce his place as a controller of the battlefield.

Rift sequester

The animation por this power would be simple, Limbo tips his hat and pulls it down to his hip, in betwen his hat and head a small rift opens, as a minor function this small rift would swallow enemy fire directly from the front and pass it into the rift and viceversa while in the rift, acting as a shield that covers head and torso, this would just be a small protection tha would make Limbo use both his hands and prevent using weapons but move at normal speed as long as the power is toggle on.

The main function of this power would be to capture enemies, when the power is toogle off and Limbo put on his hat again any enemy in front of Limbo within melee range get swallowed by the hat, on a simple use enemies would simply transport into the rift but the attraction of this power is not in this redundancy but in its synergy with cataclysm, If Limbo is within let say 20 m. of cataclysm, sequestered enemies are transported inside the cataclysm sphere (or outside if use inside cataclysm). I think this add a greater level of control as now Limbo would be able to trap enemies that orignally refused to enter cataclysm or were out or range.

A couple more tweaks that would help this synergy is if Rift Surge is added to Cataclysm, this way every Tenno that goes inside would gain the benefits of Rift surge and last for a while after leaving Cataclysm without having to banish one Tenno at a time, and if Cataclysm allows enemies inside but prevents them from leaving, Limbo would be able to get enemies inside or outside the Cataclysm sphere and group them for his allies to take.

Thanks for reading.

du0U5rtm.png

-------------------

Passive proposal

By now  a lot of people know of the importance of Limbo and rolling, so I'm gonna spin it  for a passive which looks to help protect Limbo as he traverses the dimensions, since Limbo is a character  that gets into a semi-existance state when he rifts, I propose Limbo perform a partial rifting while evading, which translate in a dmg. reduction of 30% while doing evasive maneuvers, rolls, backflips,side rolls and bulletjumping whether he is inside the rift or outside it.

How does the Rift work? (originally posted in other thread)/ and other suggestions

I think the rift mechanics are good as they are, as a concept Limbo has power over 3 dimensions through the Rift, first being the origin system; he can put things in and out, the Rift itself and the Void in which he does not go but uses it to pull void energy.

One way to see it is that the Rift is kinda like a wormhole, is a space that connects two other different spaces, Rift walking and Banish pull people inside the wormhole that as far as it seems is a inocuous place. Then comes Rift surge, that nature of this power it that Limbo fills the wormhole with energy from the void-end of the wormhole, since warframes thrive in void energy is like dousing them with it, the extra damage is similar to channeling in that we Limbo channels through his bullets and melee this energy he brought instead that the one he posses.

And since the Rift practically has an open door to the origin system and the void, it result in a small but constan flow of void energy that is represented in the energy recovery from being inside it.

As for Cataclysm, it states that it uses void energy to open a pocket of Rift plane, kinda like using void energy to get a part of the wormhole out of the wormhole through the origin system end of it.

Well, to conclude I'd say it makes absolute sense we have energy regeneration inside the Rift, and since powers are sustain using void energy it makes sense that a disruptor of void energy cancels it and turn off our powers, since the Rift is a inbetween dimension we have one foot inside and the other outside, it puts us in a semi-existant state of both dimensions not from one close space to another close space. And since damage bonuses are created by pulling void energy from the void, I would say no to buffs or debuffs just for being inside the Rift unless void energy is used.

If Ember's power is to create fire out of thin air, Limbo's is to fold space, which in sci-fi is another form to say teleportation, which curiously is the thing that kill the original Limbo; a failed teleportation, further seen with the new Rathum mod for the fire axes. So staying inside the Rift in a way is staying mid teleportation.

Well, that is what I think.

---------------

Other suggestions

I like the suggestion other have made about fusing rift walk and banish, in case this happens it would lead to the rework of the second and third power, so I will write some more suggestions. I will put suggestions that may not be a kit, just putting ideas out.

-I think Limbo's passive could be Rift sight, as in the Focus power, but permanent with a 10 m. radius, this would help him avoid unseen danger and I think it works well with my previous proposar Rift Sequester, in that it would help him find hidden enemies to send into the Cataclysm easier.

-I think you could add the option to banish consoles and data masses to interact with.

-Rift Blade

This power could look as Limbo pulling his melee weapon from his hat, the equipped melee weapon would  covered in a aura-like rift opening, such weapons deal augmented damage and a perfect parry, since deflected projectiles including Bombar missiles would be transported into the opposed dimension Limbo is at. Damage reduction would be 100% while parrying and can be cast on allies.

-Rift Fold

Activating this power affects Limbo inside the Rift, bulletjumping cause Limbo to teleport several meters in the direction of the cursor, I would say at least 20m.

Edited by Pavelord
remove stationary effect on sequester, explained fusion of Rift surge with cataclysm, added more ideas

Hmm...on the one hand, it's certainly a nice thematic notion and the actual ability to indirectly move enemies could prove useful. Essentially, it's like a mix between a shield power and Switch Teleport, in a sense? Main caveat is how Melee Range is defined...that can be anything from Sparring range to the infamous Orthos Prime...though I suspect it'd be a sort of average one handed blade range? 

Can certainly appreciate where you're coming from, just not sure what else to say on the matter. Rift needs some reconsideration on just what it's meant to do as a utility; right now, its main perk of invincibility is immediately lost once you exit it or enemies join you on the plane...and then the enemies get the effective upper hand due to not having to worry about actually running out of ammunition or hijacking a Rampart.

Apologies for not much input, but it does sound like an interesting addition...Limbo could sure use some actual things to do to enemies he's Rifted after all.

50 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Main caveat is how Melee Range is defined

The idea came to me after reading one of the elongated Limbo love thread that were some weeks ago, one of the points I remember was that you could only banish one enemy at a time, so it is kind of a proposition to banish many enemies at once, since the power is activated with the hat the range is the hat's range, so basically a dagger range, but if enemies are sufficiently close two or maybe three enemies could be affected, and probably a one handed sword range would work better as you said.

I like the idea of a rift portal/shield that swaps incoming bullets/projectiles' plane status, as the applications to such an ability are quite vast with indirect synergy occurring with the rest of Limbo's powers. Indeed, any power that utilizes that stylish hat automatically gets a vote from me.

However, I am not big a fan of abilities rendering Warframes stationary. Well, not unless this power is like Atlas' Petrify that creates a cone in front of Limbo (like a vortex of some sort) when sucking in enemies. Or is able to be deactivated with movement keys.

7 hours ago, Pavelord said:

The idea came to me after reading one of the elongated Limbo love thread that were some weeks ago, one of the points I remember was that you could only banish one enemy at a time, so it is kind of a proposition to banish many enemies at once, since the power is activated with the hat the range is the hat's range, so basically a dagger range, but if enemies are sufficiently close two or maybe three enemies could be affected, and probably a one handed sword range would work better as you said.

That's fair. Thinking about it again, puts me in mind somewhat of the magicians who'd have a cane or baton as part of their attire they'd move around for the trick.

Still, overall it's an interesting idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/5/2016 at 9:22 PM, PsiWarp said:

I like the idea of a rift portal/shield that swaps incoming bullets/projectiles' plane status, as the applications to such an ability are quite vast with indirect synergy occurring with the rest of Limbo's powers. Indeed, any power that utilizes that stylish hat automatically gets a vote from me.

However, I am not big a fan of abilities rendering Warframes stationary. Well, not unless this power is like Atlas' Petrify that creates a cone in front of Limbo (like a vortex of some sort) when sucking in enemies. Or is able to be deactivated with movement keys.

I removed the stationary part, he can move at full speed but since he sustains the rift shield/portal with both hands he can't shoot, guess is apropiate given the balances for Volt's shield, also double the range at which he can teleport enemies into Cataclysm.