Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain and its rarity

So ive started to farm nitain extract in sab 2.0 missions. (no luck so far ahha)

btreid to find out its rarity /drop rate)and i see evrywhere that people state that its drop rate is 0.5-2 percent

But where does this number come from? ive been looking high and low from where this number may come from. (such as DE posts and such) but yet i am not able to find any posts about it. has there been  a update changelog that ive been missing or something? if it is. could anyone kindly link me that one?

Not sure where people found the percentage, but its always as low for things that are actually useful (around 5 or 2 percent). 

It only drops from the third cache after you find them, and it takes time to go through the whole map to locate it, making farming really slow that way. Its better to just have a 100% chance from an alert, even though those are not frequent. There is an alert tracker for pc, so you can just have that tabbed while you do other things and when it says nitain alert is up, boot up warframe and get it ~ 

For low % drops, try to have a reason to farm something else in the same mission that has a good chance to drop.  Otherwise you will just be full of disappointment and frustrations.

I wouldn't do sabotage missions JUST for nitain. 

Edited by kkinnison

1 hour ago, kevin_nightwolf said:

But where does this number come from?

They come from the actual files of warframe.  People do what is called datamining that is basically ripping apart a file in a hex editor or something and locating information about the game that is technically supposed to be hidden.

You will usually find the source of such information on reddit, not the forums.

Edited by Xekrin

oh well i know what data mining is ^^ i just never thought of doing that myself.... maybe i should start doing that haha xD

i thought it was an oficial thing... anyway thanks for the answere :P that answere gave me an idea to figure out the rest of what i wonder about :P

5 minutes ago, kevin_nightwolf said:

maybe i should start doing that haha xD

No promises that DE won't get cranky if you go mucking about in files.  Just so you are aware.  I'm not suggesting or condoning such actions (ie covering my &#!)

someone said it was more like 5%, though the actual number maters little when we all know the truth; it's RARE! it could definietely use improvement, that's for sure.

speaking of which I think there should be one on PS4 now...

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
booyah, I was right.

I honestly found fieldron more of a pain to get - takes a day to craft one, and a few days to get your invasion rewards (if there were any fieldron ones up) - in that time I can get at least two of the nitain alerts for running less missions per day. If its a weekend then I can get 8 nitain over the same time period if I try.

Not that I ever have to farm it, as I just run the occasional alert when its up and usually I have enough every time an item pops up that needs it..unlike fieldron(or mutagen mass).