Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flash poll: do you use Wall-Cling?

Niennah

3 minutes ago, Niennah said:

Topic.

From time to time, usually by accident, and keep using it for the cool factor.  It zooms in too much to be super usefull, I'd like to be able to decrease how much zoom you get while wall latching and aim gliding without a mod.

I definitely use it when doing puzzles etc.

Edited by Gelkor

No, my biggest problem with wall clinging is the way you trigger it which is to say pretty inconvienient. why would I want to aim at a wall, zooming in my camera, and lowering my sensitivity, all while there are enemies behind me shooting. how did anyone ever see this as practical to use I'd much rather have some toggle key or something added to the options

No, not for anything other than quickly correcting a parkouring mistake.

Reasons:
1) It's pointless for general use, due to giving no advantage (such as making you "stealthier") and it doesn't last long enough either
2) If you want to use it as a "vantage point" for better shooting angles, it's useless due to the fact that your character doesn't become transparent, thus making the aiming more DIFFICULT to use, and once again, it doesn't last long enough for that to be of any use.

Not in combat. Typically I want to be at ground level for using punch-through to hit multiple targets and I want to be moving to reduce incoming damage. Sitting still at an elevated position isn't usually a great idea. Maybe if I used launchers more often?

Always great for climbing and wall runs and turning in another direction instead for making 2-4 extra jumps to recover. Plus if you have a melee and aim and attack off a wall you have a higher attack damage then compared to attacking normal.

I do so as often as I can, tileset being a key factor there.  The incoming enemy fire accuracy reduction is always nice, it's funny (pointless cool factor), and Arcane Arachne is something I find enjoyable as well.

That said it does have some issues, the primary one being that it's obtrusive in terms of camera stuff.  In many cases it can easily become impossible to reasonably aim while initiating a wall cling at all.  As noted prior in this thread, having one's own character become mostly or entirely transparent would do well in alleviating much of the issue there.

Absolutely never. Ever. It needs to be (at least virtually like loki's suggested passive) infinite like they originally planned or it's absolutely pointless frankly. Loki's passive should be innate to all frames and he should get something else.