Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flash poll: do you use Wall-Cling?

Niennah

1 hour ago, -Amaterasu- said:

No, my biggest problem with wall clinging is the way you trigger it which is to say pretty inconvienient. why would I want to aim at a wall, zooming in my camera, and lowering my sensitivity, all while there are enemies behind me shooting.

Well, you don't have to aim at the wall, just next to it. It's not a perfect system, but it does work, and a discerning Tenno can get it pretty easily and reliably.

1 hour ago, -CM-Voltage said:

And no no it's a waste of time, we are ninjas not campers

So wait, clinging to walls isn't ninja-like?

Like many elements of Warframe, wall cling is something you never have to use but is available for you to incorporate into your play style. (The exception to this is certain Spy Vaults on the Moon, which require use of the skill.) Some advantages to using wall cling:

• Height advantage and element of surprise against the enemy (they don't often look up)
  • Sniping units hiding behind cover (instead of waiting for them to poke their heads up)
  • Providing an interruption to your wall run for proper timing and trajectory (to avoid lasers or falling into a pit)
  • Prepping for a melee wall attack (several melee weapons deal substantially more damage with wall attacks)
  • Conclave
  • Style points

Again, these advantages aren't needed and any player can get pretty much any job done without use of wall cling. It's on the complicated end of Warframe's movement system and many players don't know it even exists or how to use it. However, if you're really into exploring the movement system, wall cling can be an excellent addition to a Tenno's parkour toolbox and help you feel awesome. It's a good way to break an airborne combo and still keep the combo happening. (Not an actual in-game combo like the Stealth multiplier, but it feels good to pull off.) It's like aim glide - you don't really need to use it, but it helps you cross wide spaces while airborne and it's really satisfying to peg enemies during the glide.

Don't like it? Don't use it. Like it? More power to you. Play Loki and upset his new passive won't help you that much because you don't use wall cling? Try getting good with wall cling. Loki is a champion of repositioning and outmaneuvering the enemy, and using more movement tools will only make you better at playing the frame.

As a Zephyr player, I use it pretty exclusively when I can, since it incorporates to her style of play.

Especially in Void Defense runs or any outdoor Defense/Interception/Excavation missions, I love to hop around at higher elevations and such.

Not implying Loki shouldn't get this upcoming passive, but it'd be sweet to get the same treatment for Zephyr.

Since you know....she has goddang talons for crying outloud lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Way too situational in missions. Lasts too little and very few tilesets can easily make you cling on top of a door, let the enemy pass and then sneak in.

Very difficult to aim with it, so not too viable for shooting.

Best use I've got is to quickly jump from a bullet jump to another while climbing. Again, very few tilesets can make this useful.

Also Dojo fun too. That's where it shines the most.

Not very often...only time I do use it is for one of the grineer vaults where there's a moving laser barrier. In that sense it is useful to pause while wall-hopping, but it would be nice to have other utilites.

AFAIK there's no stealth bonus, I think once I tried wall-clinging above of a doorway, and not only did the guy take ages to walk through it, but once he did he instantly saw me. :/

3 hours ago, Naftal said:

I use it to do stronger walljumps.

Loki's passive is useless. I will continue to treat Loki like he doesn't have a passive yet.

I will continue to treat Loki like this is his true passive: Stealth Damage Multipliers are applied to melee attacks while invisible. :P