Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 2: ...& more Warframe Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

+1 OP

even though personally i think that hysteria should not be a blanket invul mode, but instead some kind of scaling flat dmg reduc based on her remaining health as well as increased lifesteal, ie her lifesteal and dmg reduc would go up by say 2% for every 1% of hp she lost ; in this way she could still be the berserker, but she would have to be a lot closer to death to ride the lighting so-to-speak

EB changes sound good for the most part, although not sure about the nrg cost on the 'spin-blind' since its already less range/duration, maybe go even lower to 1/4 cost [as base, then still effected by efficiency to go even lower]

otherwise glad to see DE finally diving into the deep end of the pool, these sorts of ingame issues have gone largely ignored for the better part of 2+ yrs [some more than others], so just glad that we're finally seeing some progress on these fronts

20 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Prism: Prism’s Blind effect is now affected by the enemy's Line-of-Sight (LoS) to the Prism. Prism’s damage has been buffed slightly to compensate for this change. We found that Prism was able to lock down maps with little recourse, and we feel that these changes will make it a more targeted ability while also increasing its tactical usage.

Nah.

Also, when are you fixing armour scaling?

Edited by Webstermeister

Bladestorm totally needs looked at, not so sure of Blessing however... I feel as if it is okay as is. (it is spammable though so... maybe not.)

One thing I'm wondering however, is that LOS seems to be a thing Excalibur's Radial Blind and Mirage's Prism will both have now... since they are light-based powers. For someone like Loki (Disarm) or Nyx (Chaos), would LOS not be a good idea on those abilities? Since they are not directional, and are energy waves in nature.

@[DE]Rebecca There is one thing I want to say about balance in Warframe. If you all at DE comb through all the Warframes that are in great need of balancing changes, and everything is fine and dandy afterwards. It still leaves a great big hole in one part of the game that makes things challenging: Enemies. What can we expect to see done in terms of how enemies behave/adapt to and each other (while they level/scale, with Armor... >.>) like in the Rathuum instead of just becoming bullet sponges and one-shot wonders late-game? Because I would really like to see an enemy adapting logically to its surroundings, teammates and to the Tenno's playstyles instead of running around haphazardly while hoping to not get shot or CC'D. (Mainly talking about the Grineer and Corpus... Infested don't really do anything but run straight at you.)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

In regards to prism, if LoS is added, then perhaps reducing casting time would also be appropriate.

Right now the casting animation takes so long anyway, i might as well just use excalibur radial blind for lower cost and quicker casting time.

I think another good change you could make to Excalibur is to make Slash Dash almost instant. I often find myself sliding into a target behind cover and I'm awkwardly waiting for it to end. Other times I cut into an enemy that's near several others only to hit just the one, due to how the targeting occurs. Hitting everything (or up to a cap) in a cone/area and having Excalibur appear at the end of the "dash" would definitely help him out a lot.

I can tell there's going to be a lot of anger and frustration after this patch hits.

It's tough to let go of things, especially when you've settled into a certain playstyle or mechanic. Everyone wants what's best for the game, but sometimes - on a personal level - it's hard to be honest about what that is.

I think most of these changes are warranted. 

Mirage: Prism

I wonder if it can be considered to swap the action, so when first launched, the Prism is tracking and blinding with the rays of light/lasers so no damage in this phase, just blinding over the duration.

Then Detonation / Explosion will cause the damage to enemies, at whatever suitable values (that may scale as Rathuum mods do with enemy level).

Good, great changes, it was time there was a little bit of balance to this clearly overpowered frames.

Now, we can't wait to see how you guys are gonna tackle the enemy armor scaling problem.

Edited by thalx

Nerf Trin's blessing and I'll quit the game after playing well over 1,000 hours since 2013. That simple.

Mirage is fine, I get it, the blind is OP. Valkyr is also fine, I get it, staying in Hysteria forever with no reason to ever leave it is kind of stupid. I feel Excal's mini radial blind nerf is kinda silly since it was never that effective to begin with and it seems a little weird to be charged energy for what's possible to just accidentally engage, but whatever.

But do not nerf Trin's blessing. If you do that, what's the point of even using Trin outside of EV? If you make her healing useless, it'll be just another Well of Life - another 100% useless ability. At that rate you may as well go EV Trin so you can just heal everybody's shields, because blessing's current design is the only thing that makes it a better option for health support. These are the only ways you could limit it:

Range - Making the range no longer be infinite would just render the whole ability pointless since this is a game where everybody flies everywhere, it's painful enough to give people energy without them missing it completely unless you use an EV build.

Damage reduction - Removing or reducing the damage reduction given from HP regenerated would just make EV far more favorable. Costs virtually nothing, and rapidly buffs + restores shields. Why spam a 4 to heal everyone for no other benefit when you can do that?

Healing - Reducing the amount the ability heals would defeat the purpose of even having it as a 4th. What good is a 4th that does absolutely nothing to enemies if it doesn't even properly heal you and your allies?

These are the only three ways you could possibly nerf Blessing, and all three of them are bad ideas. How else would you nerf it? Because I know you don't want to buff it. Just stop right there and don't even think about it. Trin's in a good place right now as she is aside from her useless first ability, since she has zero offense abilities, and she's entirely built toward tanking while offering support. Why nerf the one and only thing she's made for? Do you WANT her to be useless? Do you WANT Trin to join the ranks of Hydroid and Mesa? Do you WANT her to be a one-trick pony with EV? No? Then leave her as she is. Thanks.

Edited by Valsako

Would really like to read about Oberon or Hydroid (or Banshee)... awesome frames that have been greatly neglected while all other frames spoken about in either post 1 or in this here post 2 have already been revised several times in the last 3 years. Can't wait to see what happens to Ash, that 4th ability really needs a rework.

But... yep I do agree that some changes are in order and can't wait to see the final results... some abilities are indeed to op and need to be toned down.

Edited by Bazools

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

kyr:

Hysteria is Valkyr's Rage Mode - we teased and released her as a Beserker frame and we've iterated on Hysteria a couple of times since release. We are returning to this power to reign in its issues but still thematically invoke her ultimate rage.

The relationship between time spent in Hysteria and energy & incoming damage has changed in two ways.

Firstly, the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more Energy it'll cost you and (but the energy drain ramp up is capped).

Secondly, while in Hysteria you are still invulnerable - the current Hysteria indicator on the UI tells you how much incoming damage you've absorbed and mitigated. The longer you stay in Hysteria, the less effective the mitigation of incoming damage is on the 'End Hysteria' phase. Ending your Hysteria session should be done with care - ensuring no enemies are in the range of Valkyrs Hysteria Aura (20 meters max, they have to be able to see you), or you will take the damage. How you choose to dispose of these enemies is up to you - either kill them, or get a safe distance away to deactivate Hysteria.

Pretty good stuff there.

Also could you guys take a look at the effective range of her claws? They are pretty short range weapons and to some degree it feels like a loss to effective damage output compared to so many other weapons that will be hitting multiple enemies per swing. Considering how often we find ourselvs in the thick of it this is a big deal.

On the topic of Valkyr and Excalibur's melee-based ultimate abilities (as well as others such as Wukong), are there any plans to fix the way combo counters work?

i.e. Body Count clearly isn't transferring over, but at the same time you essentially lose whatever combo counter you had before activating the skill. It feels odd going from 100+ hits with your Skana into a 0 counter with Exalted Blade, for example.

Just now, Ronyn said:

Pretty good stuff there.

Also could you guys take a look at the effective range of her claws? They are pretty short range weapons and to some degree it feels like a loss to effective damage output compared to so many other weapons that will be hitting multiple enemies per swing. Considering how often we find ourselvs in the thick of it this is a big deal.

I'd say it's less the range of her claws and more how enemies can move away from her faster than she can move at them while attacking. Overall that's a problem with all of melee, really.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Prism: Prism’s Blind effect is now affected by the enemy's Line-of-Sight (LoS) to the Prism. Prism’s damage has been buffed slightly to compensate for this change. We found that Prism was able to lock down maps with little recourse, and we feel that these changes will make it a more targeted ability while also increasing its tactical usage.

It would be really neato if we had a public test server to test patches out before they come out. Yeah, that's cool, you guys have your own test system. But by the time we are able to provide feedback the patch is live and hard nerfs like these are set in stone, only to be forgotten about. 

There is little to no consistency between the way abilities work, half of them ignore line of site, the other half do not. Half of blast weapons will toast your junk, they other half you can shoot your feet with and they won't chip your toe-nail polish. No wonder new players have no idea what is going on. Beam weapons status/sec with a cap at 100% vs gratakakakaka that has a 700% chance per second to do a status (if not more).  

1 minute ago, TGDM said:

On the topic of Valkyr and Excalibur's melee-based ultimate abilities (as well as others such as Wukong), are there any plans to fix the way combo counters work?

i.e. Body Count clearly isn't transferring over, but at the same time you essentially lose whatever combo counter you had before activating the skill. It feels odd going from 100+ hits with your Skana into a 0 counter with Exalted Blade, for example.

Right now I think it may be intentional that those mods don't work with these abilities. However, I'd be happy if these abilities had a middle ground. More combo time than standard weapons but less than the Shadow Debt mods.

Just now, Brozenwall said:

I understand and worry about Blessing.

Capping range, damage reduction would hurt a lot.

They don't seem to care. Make Mag no longer be a one-trick pony, then make everybody else become one! Great idea, right? ... Right?!