Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 2: ...& more Warframe Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

I was just testing the new mag, It seems to be a full nerf. the damage doesnt scale much, if at all, with enemy health and shield values. I kill lvl 40 instantly but lvl 135 dont even loose all their shield. even the enemy that was magnetized(new bullet attractor) doesnt seem to die when sourrounded by by other shielded enemies even with the magnetize damage multiplyer, could be just a complete bug though but im not counting on it. The mag im testing now is horrible against enemy scaling. also the polarize range is affected by DURATION when i remember them saying it should be range still

5 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

You're the one who has not a single iota of what you're talking about when you think everything should only be buffed.

I'm not promoting buffing anything. Im anti nerf. There is no reason to nerf. The NPCs can one shot you at higher levels so you have to keep moving. Being unable to kill them or unable to help your group makes it pointless to have endless scaling. The thrill of the challenge, the anxiety of failing, the total chaos of playing that strong of an NPC is fun for me and the people I play with. You nerf the frames and you kill everything we worked hard to get set up to be able to play at that level. You're idea only applies to people who dont push themselves beyond what they can safely complete. If you think the frame is too OP, then you aren't pushing yourself to compete against tougher enemies. You are putting the forma into the frame, you arent getting that one mod that will give you an inch of ground to get that one more rotation, you arent putting in the time to see what weapon works with what frame to get that inch. If you want a bland mediocre game, nerf everything. Why stop with Trin and mirage? Nerf them all so that no one can get passed C rotation once or 20 minutes. Because that's where you are heading. I've been playing video games since Pong came out. I've play a lot of MMOs and single player games. If you like nerfed games, go play Bookworm, Jewel Quest and Zuma.

3 minutes ago, YagoXiten said:

Ad hominems aren't going to make your argument any better. I sure hope the nerfs have a huge impact. They're meant to?

The reason people use what they do is not enemy scaling. I believe I stated this earlier, but most of the cheese enemies did not exist a long time ago, and people will STILL trivializing content with CC and instantly killing rooms with AoE.

Trivializing content with CC???? You speak like some one who hasnt done 180 minutes. Seriously, go do 180 minutes and get back to me on how good CC is at that point. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. You're talking like the end game stuff is at 20-40 minutes. Stop ruining the game for those of us who like to push the boundaries and see how far we can go.

They deleted Mag's engdame potential completely. 

Trinity did not need a nerf. As far as I know, that`s what the warframe is supposed to do? Heal you and keep you safe? Now it can`t even do that in some occasions.

Just now, YagoXiten said:

The reason people use what they do is not enemy scaling. I believe I stated this earlier, but most of the cheese enemies did not exist a long time ago, and people will STILL trivializing content with CC and instantly killing rooms with AoE.

There is a definition between "want to" and "forced". If someone want to use aoe guns, cool let him use it, Is someone forced to use aoe guns-thats another story. And no, you can't bring rifle in to 2 hour surv, but you can bring tonkor, even if you really wanna bring that braton prime-you know that it's gonna do NOTHING, coz he just can't put enough damage to kill 200 lvl bombard, get an idea?

4 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

I was just testing the new mag, It seems to be a full nerf. the damage doesnt scale much, if at all, with enemy health and shield values. I kill lvl 40 instantly but lvl 135 dont even loose all their shield. even the enemy that was magnetized(new bullet attractor) doesnt seem to die when sourrounded by by other shielded enemies even with the magnetize damage multiplyer, could be just a complete bug though but im not counting on it. The mag im testing now is horrible against enemy scaling. also the polarize range is affected by DURATION when i remember them saying it should be range still

I said to myself when the expanding effect will scale with duration then mag is dead.. and here she is.. 2 new frames enter the trash bin: mag and mirage 

GG

1 minute ago, ThumpumGood said:

I'm not promoting buffing anything. Im anti nerf. There is no reason to nerf. The NPCs can one shot you at higher levels so you have to keep moving. Being unable to kill them or unable to help your group makes it pointless to have endless scaling. The thrill of the challenge, the anxiety of failing, the total chaos of playing that strong of an NPC is fun for me and the people I play with. You nerf the frames and you kill everything we worked hard to get set up to be able to play at that level. You're idea only applies to people who dont push themselves beyond what they can safely complete. If you think the frame is too OP, then you aren't pushing yourself to compete against tougher enemies. You are putting the forma into the frame, you arent getting that one mod that will give you an inch of ground to get that one more rotation, you arent putting in the time to see what weapon works with what frame to get that inch. If you want a bland mediocre game, nerf everything. Why stop with Trin and mirage? Nerf them all so that no one can get passed C rotation once or 20 minutes. Because that's where you are heading. I've been playing video games since Pong came out. I've play a lot of MMOs and single player games. If you like nerfed games, go play Bookworm, Jewel Quest and Zuma.

If nothing can be nerfed, then they can only ever be buffed or remain under/overpowered

It is that simple. You keep assuming the only people that like the changes don't play high level content and you're objectively wrong.

2 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Trivializing content with CC???? You speak like some one who hasnt done 180 minutes. Seriously, go do 180 minutes and get back to me on how good CC is at that point. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. You're talking like the end game stuff is at 20-40 minutes. Stop ruining the game for those of us who like to push the boundaries and see how far we can go.

Why would I do 180 minutes? It'd stop being challenging and start being tedious well before that. First it'd be tedious because of no difficulty, and then tedious because all of the difficulty is in one shots or gimmicks. I'd have to use Warframes and weapons that I don't like, and have a group, when I prefer to play solo or with a good friend of mine.

It's not that I can't, or that I misunderstand. It's that you have no reason to do runs that long, and the game isn't balanced for that. I assure you that you can still do runs that long.

People always act like we've killed the two hour plus club with nerfs, but people still constantly talk about doing them whenever another nerf a bit later comes up that will affect them again.

I would love to do runs that long that were challenging, but I'm not going to waste my time with a loadout I hate for useless epeen over achieving a high score in a game filled with false difficulty.

The fact still remains that if you ever want true difficulty to emerge, things need to be balanced and that is going to mean nerfs to things that are overpowered.

1 minute ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

There is a definition between "want to" and "forced". If someone want to use aoe guns, cool let him use it, Is someone forced to use aoe guns-thats another story. And no, you can't bring rifle in to 2 hour surv, but you can bring tonkor, even if you really wanna bring that braton prime-you know that it's gonna do NOTHING, coz he just can't put enough damage to kill 200 lvl bombard, get an idea?

You aren't forced to do 2 hour survivals? The game is not even remotely balanced for that point.

7 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

If nothing can be nerfed, then they can only ever be buffed or remain under/overpowered

It is that simple. You keep assuming the only people that like the changes don't play high level content and you're objectively wrong.

Now you're being a troll and arguing just to argue. Im done with you. You are obviously a d- player who wants to feel competitive even if that means doing it artificially instead of becoming a better player. Moving away from the process that made the game popular by nerfing things to make weak players feel better is what kills games. I'm not an A+ player and IM not good enough to ever be. But I sure dont want to ruin a game by ruining it for people who are. Those are the people I learn from and when they go away, the game goes into a death spiral. And Im going to continually sound the alarm so that it doesnt happen to this one.

Directly to DE: Do what you did to make the game popular in the first place and stop listening to the people who keep screaming for nerfs. They want things that go against what made the game popular in the first place. You had a good idea or the game wouldnt have gotten this far. If you need people to test the game before making it live, then get some people and do that. But dont release it and then nerf it. If you release it, leave it. (exception being game breaking exploits)

Now you're being a troll and arguing just to argue. Im done with you. You are obviously a d- player who wants to feel competitive even if that means doing it artificially instead of becoming a better player. Moving away from the process that made the game popular by nerfing things to make weak players feel better is what kills games. I'm not an A+ player and IM not good enough to ever be. But I sure dont want to ruin a game by ruining it for people who are. Those are the people I learn from and when they go away, the game goes into a death spiral. And Im going to continually sound the alarm so that it doesnt happen to this one.

Directly to DE: Do what you did to make the game popular in the first place and stop listening to the people who keep screaming for nerfs. They want things that go against what made the game popular in the first place. You had a good idea or the game wouldnt have gotten this far. If you need people to test the game before making it live, then get some people and do that. But dont release it and then nerf it. If you release it, leave it. (exception being game breaking exploits)

You're just assuming, yet again.

DE will never listen to you.

I'm definitely not a weak player, but you're welcome to believe what you will. I COULD do 180 minute runs. It's just entirely pointless and beyond the scope of balance and reason, and so it's completely silly to do so. I don't get a greater reward for it. Well, more Prime drop chances. But I don't really care about that, and don't need to do that.

I personally do not like these changes. I know I'm not the only one who actually use other skills than spam 4 on excalibur, and actually use trin's 4 on other build than bless.

First of all EB slide attack is already not much of use, but making it use more energy would make it become pointless to use it since it have so little range so why not just drop an energy restore and use radial blind instead. I do agree that EB overshadow other abilities because excalibur's slash and radial javelin aren't that reliable. Slash dash launch you into the enemy making you immune to dmg while dashing, but you're screwed if that doesn't kill the enemy. Radial javelin right now is only good for extra melee dmg from augment mod, enemy have to be in line of sight, barely enough damage to kill anyone above lvl 30, kill your energy pool, overall it's just not a good or fun ability to use.

Line of sight has always been my worse enemy in this game because of the map design, there are either big rooms that are filled with cover or small room that is way too tight. Making mirage's prism using LoS would reduce it's utility greatly, and adding more dmg to it would just make it another press 4 to kill ability. I'd say having the blind duration reduced or just make it a brief stun is a better approach.

I'm actually ok with trinity blessing range reduced, it would encourage player to stay as a team more, but please don't take away that 99% damage reduction because i do like to play with enemy lvl 150+ and not get one shot killed by everything.

Valkyr's hysteria change would make her useless in late game and eximus strong hold missions. If built with duration and efficiency then good luck trying to kill anything late game,  if built with strength then hope you have a good ev trin or a lot of energy restore, and if taking valkyr into a eximus strong hold sortie then just pray to rngesus that energy leech wouldn't be spawning everywhere.

I really love to play warframe because of the brutal combat, shredding through endless wave of enemies, dominating them and feeling like a badass while doing it. I'd rather keep the fun factor over balance on this already grindy game, no need to make it harder and more frustrating to play.

Well if DE gonna make the change anyway then at least let us play in a squad of more than 4 people, maybe 6.

Edited by OMGImNotABanana

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

In this game there is ZERO reason to nerf. If you think the game is too easy, then you haven't gone to 120-180 minutes. The people that are screaming for nerfs are weak players who cant get passed 20 minutes and are jealous of those who can.

Even bots have to die sometime. -_-

WorldofBotcraft.png~original

Endless is possible because there's little consequences. If one person is mitigating the damage so only 1% of damage comes through -- and in one click can even heal ALL the shields AND health without CDs -- it's not even a challenge anymore.

It's botting and nothing killing them.

Challenge is if you were the only healer alive with multiple CDs and one DPS, on a current tier boss with 25% health left. Not only do you have to eat a raid's worth of damage, tank the boss, and heal that one DPS or forfeit everything (and start ALL over again).

If DE wants to market a game that offers challenges at "end-game" it has to appeal to those who are used to actual challenges. LFR raiding isn't that (it has it's purpose, but once overgeared it becomes boring, as there's no challenge left).