Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

(PSN)Magician_NG

Just now, Yuemeria said:

lol clearly you must have done many raids.....yup it can easily be done without Trinity blessing, especially Nightmare where everything can one shot you and one mistake can cause a fail of the raid, yup gonna be an absolute cakewalk.

well raids are kinda a niche thing. i have done one or two and frankly the thing that killed it for me is the toxicity. blessing was sorta broken anyways and people were abusing it to. i could fight you on it but i just dont care anymore... honestly...every time something gets a buff nerf or whatever the same thing happens... i just egh... your right. there now leave me alone.

2 minutes ago, Yuemeria said:

lol clearly you must have done many raids.....yup it can easily be done without Trinity blessing, especially Nightmare where everything can one shot you and one mistake can cause a fail of the raid, yup gonna be an absolute cakewalk.

Raids aren't supposed to be cakewalks in the first place.

30 minutes ago, ParaStatic said:

Nerf, nerf, nerf.... none of these nerfs would even be an issue if the enemies had proper scaling in levels/health/damage as people wouldn't need to "cheese".  They can keep craming nerfs down our throats and we can keep on keeping on but eventually we won't have a chance in late game areas.

And they choose to nerf the cheesing before nerfing the cause of cheesing. Don't understand the logic.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Raids aren't supposed to be cakewalks in the first place.

pssst it was underlined sarcasm, I was trying to be obvious and subtle at the same time, but getting back to it, raids can be a niche thing, however the arcanes you get from said raids are quite useful.

1 minute ago, Yuemeria said:

pssst it was underlined sarcasm, I was trying to be obvious and subtle at the same time, but getting back to it, raids can be a niche thing, however the arcanes you get from said raids are quite useful.

if you are lucky to get a good one, i mean i guess they have usefulness but eh. to much work for to little reward

2 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

they're nerfing some good frames while valkyr still has her cheap godmode

wake me up inside

Valkyr:

Hysteria is Valkyr's Rage Mode - we teased and released her as a Berserker frame and we've iterated on Hysteria a couple of times since release. We are returning to this power to reign in its issues but still thematically invoke her ultimate rage.

The relationship between time spent in Hysteria and energy & incoming damage has changed in two ways.

Firstly, the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more Energy it'll cost you. (but the energy drain ramp up is capped).

Secondly, while in Hysteria you are still invulnerable - the current Hysteria indicator on the UI tells you how much incoming damage you've absorbed and mitigated. The longer you stay in Hysteria, the less effective the mitigation of incoming damage is on the 'End Hysteria' phase. Ending your Hysteria session should be done with care - ensuring no enemies are in the range of Valkyrs Hysteria Aura (20 meters max, they have to be able to see you), or you will take the damage. How you choose to dispose of these enemies is up to you - either kill them, or get a safe distance away to deactivate Hysteria.

The only upside I can see from this is that self detonating Trinities will leave to find something else to cheese uselessly. But for those who play the warframe as intended, it feels like a bad blow, at least to me because I can't speak for everyone. I'd have to try it before giving any feedback on console, but I may have to change my loadout a little bit from the sounds of it. (No, I'm not a blessing trinity. I build for all abilities to be helpful, minus Well of Life..that needs a replacement..)

Funny thing is that all those nerfs will only lead to people demanding reworks of those frames since those frames are pretty much one trick ponies, like for example trin other then its blessing is useful only for EV that demands from player pressing one button over and over and over again, and whats worse EV become much less useful with energy passive from one of focus paths

This has to be done long times ago because the healing was her privilege and now other frames with healing abilities have more chances to do this role. The only problem is they should fix before the enemy scaling and damage scaling things until these not fixed every balancing worthless because after they touch the enemy scaling and damage scaling they should take a look again those frames because these changes make broken the frame abilities. This mean more work with less effort instead they do a great effort but only need to done once.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

You do realize that in order to achieve 99% damage reduction with these changes...every squad member in range of blessing has to be at 1% health.

Nope.

0.99 = 1 - x² <=> x = 0.1

So your team needs to have an average of 10% health - not 1%. Learn2math!

You know DE keeps labeling Valkyr as  a beserk frame, then instead of energy have her health deplete when she uses hysteria, if they want to continue using the crutch of an excuse, and the longer she's in hysteria the more health it drains but the stronger her damage gets.

It's kind of funny how in other games with hard-hitting enemies, 50% mitigation is an amazingly powerful ability, while in Warframe, if people can't have 99% mitigation for half a minute at a time, they claim the game is unplayable at high level (you know, cause 80 minutes T4 is "balanced").

We got mobility. Chroma can double people's armor and give bullet reflect/slow. Equinox can slow enemies in a huge radius by almost 80% with ease, while healing (although Mend needs help), some frames can lock down entire maps with ease...maybe, now that permanent 99% mitigation is gone, DE can begin the great re-balancing that Warframe needs.

That, or tank frames can become important again. If my Chroma can survive level 150 enemies, maybe you shouldn't bullet-jump ahead of me into the crowd?

Hmm, I guess we'll see how it turns out in the end :P
I don't necessarily have any thoughts to add then what's been said on both sides of the coin lol.

Though I suppose I don't feel like I have an authority with Trinity to begin with, since I only really use her when I feel like running a Link+melee build lol. Pretty selfish build, I know, but a hell of a lot of fun c;

See now... here's my personal thoughts on this matter.

Trinity is balanced..................... in solo.

The problem comes when someone else- or multiple- join her squad. Everything loses balance because while Trinity cannot abuse infinite energy and high DR others can.

I think DE hit the RIGHT problem- overpowered in a team- but both hit to too hard (and this REALLY only depends on how exactly that "average between players" translates into it's %age because a 50m radius is a LOT bigger than most people seem to realize in this game), as well as not hitting E Siphon which is honestly the more problem skill.

That being said- DE explicitly said they'll be keeping a close eye on the tweaks, that what they said on stream is NOT final and may change before release, and that they'll give EACH of the frames PROPER attention later on and simply wanted to to fix what is blatantly overpowered and has been for far too long right now until that point (which I think is why they left out energy siphon. If you wreck that you wreck trinity and they want to make sure they do it justice and don't just nerf it and not have time to give it proper attention until a long time from now or something).

TL;DR- they hit the right problem on trinity's nerf. Whether or not they hit that problem too hard will have to be seen after we find out how the "average" calculates into %. Have patience and remember that these changes were not final yet, may change before release, will be watched AFTER release, and that trinity and the other frames will receiver proper attention at a later date.

1 minute ago, ariivanasan said:

well... if DE made bles dependent from range. now thet need return "old" blessing when we can without selfdamage get 100% DR

I keep seeing you post about how we need 100% DR from Blessing whenever we cast, and unlimited range from EV...care to explain why?

The game is already very easy with a certain level of situational-awareness, modding knowledge, and good weapons. If we can be invincible on demand, what's even the point of DE designing new enemies? We would just roflstomp them while taking no damage.

1 hour ago, Latiac said:

Ok guys we need a new substitute for the late Trin, ideas?

Honestly, given the whole reason the self damage bless Trin meta arose was instakill ttk's, I think the next place to jump is probably either a Limbo, Valkyr (depending on the hysteria drain uptick), both using Vazarin passives, or a Soul Survivor Nekros.  I'm actually kind of excited about the third one - it's a build I saw Darzk post way back that I've never gotten a chance to use and my Nekros is all set up for it.

10 minutes ago, Yuemeria said:

You know DE keeps labeling Valkyr as  a beserk frame, then instead of energy have her health deplete when she uses hysteria, if they want to continue using the crutch of an excuse, and the longer she's in hysteria the more health it drains but the stronger her damage gets.

yes...make her health deplete in a skill with built in life strike...anyone for infinite hysteria?