Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.13.0: TennoGen, Passives, & Reworks 

[DE]Megan

Wow! Thanks DE!

Now I only need 94 energy to kill lv60 corpus in one shot!

And it takes away the shields, yes, only shields of lv100 corpus!

So I can cast a total of 4 ability rotations with Mag's energy pool! That's like, soooo many lv60 corpus!

Btw, Crush deals 47 damage to lv100 corrupted heavies. That are magnetised. With all 4 strength mods. Maxed.

Great job DE. Another great patch. Thanks for all the cosmetics though!

1 hour ago, SiriusStarr said:

This isn't a PvP game;

This is why you should never balance a game.

1 hour ago, SiriusStarr said:

everything being fun

Maybe then everything should ne balanced to Sybaris and pre revisit Volt? Cause they are/were fun for me.

Again, you should never balance a game.

I really dont like the Hysteria debuff for Valkyr. I think Valkyr should have no debuff for her hysteria just because she intended as a beserker warframe. What has been done (in my opinion) is really. Really. Bad. 

1 hour ago, Rajani_Isa said:

His 4th was a better ranged attack - possibly still is - than the Bow frame's "Exalted Bow" 4.

That was wrong.

Dude, they are two different warframes. And Excalibur has nothing else that is fun, besides his god damn ultimate. They should buff that other warframe instead of killing another. THAT is what I call wrong. 

The changes to Valkyr, while mortifying to me as a Valkyr main, are somewhat understandable. It entirely depends on how much the energy drain ramps up.

As an aside to this, since drain effects can now hit players while they channel, can we get energy restorative effects through again?

The changes to Excalibur are also understandable, as he's meant to be a sword user, but the waves were just as potent at the usual engagement ranges. And I'd say his mini-blind should only use about a fourth the energy of his base Radial Blind, as it's just that tiny. But it's painful to know that his waves are likely still better than Ivara's Bow. Her bow is just so underwhelming as a Divine Weapon.

Mirage's change to her blind, while frustrating, shouldn't prove too cumbersome as it is the highest-range blind in the game. Mildly irritating, maybe, but not hard to deal with.

As to the changes to Trinity's blessing? The damage dealt by enemies in raids is going to need a bit of a look-at, as Hek's rockets [from his Hek] can easily wipe a team, and the only recourse was to be under the effects of a near-max Blessing DR buff. The affinity-share-range is a massive hit, since it sounds like it will be fixed to that person's affinity-share-range, but not with power range. [So Trinity will always want to have the Vazarin school to increase this range] The pain will also be felt in Jordas Verdict, by those in Archwing dealing with pushing more spores into the Golem. Then we have the point of the DR buff being based not on the lowest-health individual, but the average healed percentage amount for everyone who was in range. Basically, if you want everyone to get a 99% DR buff, everyone has to be down to 1% HP when blessing is cast, while also being in range of the Trinity. While this balances out Trinity for trivializing survivals, defenses and similar missions, it massively damages the ability of players as a whole to run raids.

With this nerf, you can foresee even more of those who do raids now only recruiting those who have done them, as it will now be more challenging to guide & teach a person new to the raids the ropes.

As a whole, most of these nerfs were rather uncalled for, except maybe the change to Mirage's blind being Line of Sight, as all other similar abilities were made so long ago.

The reworks to Volt and Mag sound amazing, and based on what I saw a few DevStreams back, looked good. But I don't really play these two, and the changes are unlikely to pull me to them.

The changes to Mesa are much appreciated, though I hope to see more eventually come--as an example, allowing her to move around at a much-reduced drain, but forcing her to manually aim and shoot. Could be either a change or an augment. Would also love to see her be able to recast her other abilities while in peacemaker.

Isn't the goal of Warframe to empower the players to feel like they can take on any challenge? Why are the frames all being nerfed? Unless...

Spoiler

The operators will learn how to walk on their own and start using their powers directly?! =D [/joke]

Edited by VelarozDosun

Might be if intended, but multishot doesn't seem to do anything to mesa's peacemaker. Sorry if this has been mentioned before I didn't read through the 14 pages before posting this.

Edited by Unktena

17 minutes ago, coremediawiz said:

If the mini-blind is going to cost energy now I would rather have it removed. I rather enjoy using the slide attack and would like to conserve my energy for something more useful.

100% this.  Honestly it's pretty easy to accidentally use the slide attack (or to thread it as a normal part of combos).  Draining 6+ energy every time you do this (that's assuming max efficiency) is terrible.

1 hour ago, buglag said:

another stupid nerf to Trinity, why not remove her from the game? 

All she is is an energy supplier now. DE's gotten all the money from her prime access, there's really no reason to keep her gutted skeleton still in the game.

My brother (trin main) is going to f-ing quit the game now. Thanks for showing us your amazing game balance intellect once again, DE.

1 hour ago, Rajani_Isa said:

His 4th was a better ranged attack - possibly still is - than the Bow frame's "Exalted Bow" 4.

That was wrong.

Well, that doesn't mean Excalibur should suffer for that. He was in a great spot. One of the fun things about him were those energy waves. Anyone can melee, but only excalibur can melee with cool energy waves. It just sucks to see that nerfed since I see no reason for it to be.

I only see a reason to nerf stuff if it's breaking the game. I find the Mirage Prism nerf to be a good thing, since it broke the game.

But Excalibur was in a great spot. He was fun to play and was not the cause of any cheese stragedy breaking the game.

If anything they should've buffed Ivara.

8 minutes ago, VelarozDosun said:

The reworks to Volt and Mag sound amazing, and based on what I saw a few DevStreams back, looked good.

Are you serious???

Mag is DEAD. It deals FIXED damage now. Useless on high-levels. It's one of the weakest frames dealing no damage to 60+.

Guys above are right: what's the purpose of BALANCING in PvE game which primary target is GRINDING???

Edited by VladIV

At First I was running everything at maximum FPS and everything was great and peachy and I was loving Warframe.Then I installed the Update and I dropped about 30 frames so I Ran at 60 usually, now I run at 30 and my game lags and everything just looks horrible now. My textures are all blured and not as vibrant my game lags a lot more than before and also combat sucks as well. I hate this Update. Fix it

Edited by Xerithoes
Forgot to Add In more details

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Valkyr Changes
•    Hysteria is Valkyr's Rage Mode - we teased and released her as a Berserker frame and we've iterated on Hysteria a couple of times since release. We are returning to this power to reign in its issues but still thematically invoke her ultimate rage. 

•    The relationship between time spent in Hysteria and energy & incoming damage has changed in two ways.

•    Firstly, the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more Energy it'll cost you. (but the energy drain ramp up is capped). 

•    Secondly, while in Hysteria you are still invulnerable - the current Hysteria indicator on the UI tells you how much incoming damage you've absorbed and mitigated. The longer you stay in Hysteria, the less effective the mitigation of incoming damage is on the 'End Hysteria' phase. Ending your Hysteria session should be done with care - ensuring no enemies are in the range of Valkyrs Hysteria Aura (20 meters max, they have to be able to see you), or you will take the damage. How you choose to dispose of these enemies is up to you - either kill them, or get a safe distance away to deactivate Hysteria. 

so...the only thing you guys added was an increased energy reduction....ok...no difference in how i play her lol