Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.13.0: TennoGen, Passives, & Reworks 

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

•    Added a HUD Power Strength buff indicator for Equinox’s Provoke ability.

Well...

Look, I am pretty excited about all the changes and new things. However, as far as Equinox goes, you've probably fixed the least important thing she needed. Don't get me wrong, this is useful. However, it is borderline irrelevant. Provoke is not great without Peaceful Provocation-- which already granted the indicator-- and Equinox needs soooo many other things. She needs to have abilities transition instead of deactivating when using metamorphosis. She needs P&P become something actually useful without the augment. She needs a Mend buff-- badly-- he needs a Time buff on Duality augment. She needs so many things... What you fixed was the least important.

Please, please: I know she must be no priority atm. So many other, more poplar frames that require fixing... But could you please, please give her a revision?

Anyhow, thank you for the update. Have a good night.

3 hours ago, Zoracraft said:

Whatever happened to this being a buff update? Mag was arguably nerfed because they TOOK AWAY HER DAMAGE SCALING, and the overload (I mean, "discharge") rework was a bait-and-switch from the dev stream version, with a heavily nerfed duration that doesn't appear to be affected by power duration. Still better than the suicide button garbage that was overload, but so, so very disappointing.

Meanwhile, these "reworks" were used as cover to nerf ALL 4 OF THE TOP TIER FRAMES. We didn't even know about the nerfs until yesterday! Why? Why did you have to taint the joy of having my beautiful volt buffed by beheading the top of the warframe tier ladder.

It's... Just depressing, to be honest. 

man i agree with u 2 man.. i can almiost cry..

I really wanna be the White Knight and ride to DE's defense right now.  Despite the salt, I do believe both the Volt and Mag reworks (and even the Mesa changes) are all good.

However, basically every single change that wasn't previously mentioned is horrible.  I can't defend you guys when the only thing you decide to prepare/warn people about is the GOOD changes, and go out of your way to make a half-dozen BAD changes that you had to know NOBODY was going to like, and keep them all SECRET until they hit.  What about the people in the past week who bought a Trinity Prime set in trade chat?  If they decide she's unplayable now, are they going to get their plat back?

Personally I don't have all that much hate for these changes.  I'm apparently the only person who LOVES the Oberon passive.  Blessing having infinite range never made sense to me, though as others have mentioned, self-damage is the problem with Blessing, NOT range.  The Hysteria nerf was pointless.  Even building for max efficiency, Valkyr's energy pool is tiny, and once you get multiple STACKING energy drain auras around you, even before this nerf your entire energy pool evaporates in 3 or 4 seconds (and then she falls out of Hysteria with 25k damage counter and suicides...)  So basically, in the content where you really NEED hysteria to survive at all, it already had too much energy drain due to eximus auras.  This just makes that happen on lower-level content.

I can't complain about the Excaliturret nerf much.  But I'd suggest that a better fix would've been to simply make each sword swipe consume a small amount of energy (like just 2 energy per swipe, before efficiency.)  The same thing would've been better for peacemaker too, i.e. 2 energy per bullet.  In both cases, the ability would've been OP, sure, but since you'd bottom out the energy pool after a while, you'd have to go move and collect energy anyway.  Tada, no turrets.  Hell, same thing would've worked for Hysteria too - just eliminate the self-damage and drain 2 energy per swipe.  Problem solved.

So I'm sorry guys, I can't support most of this.  Tennogen looks good, Mag and Volt look good, but holy hell, someone needs to take the nerf hammer, lock it in a vault, eat 10 pounds of cheese, and then swallow the key.  At least it'd buy us a week without THIS happening again.

tl;dr Mag and Volt good, everything else would've been simpler and better with a small energy drain change

4 minutes ago, Fenicis said:

I love how the p42w (press 4 to win) players cry an ocean of salt and venom at DE for making their "me kill all things" frames require more of a tactical and thought out approach, from just "stand in the middle, press 4 (3 in case of Mag) and watch things die". Guys, did you actually play this game after the patch?

Face it, Excalibur for example is supposed to be a swordsman, not portable turret slaying everything it can and can't see. It's not DE's fault that you use a frame only because of one of its abilities, absolutelly forgetting about the others, "bicuz dey so stronk". I can understand the complaining about spin attack taking energy - in my opinion it's not a good move either (still have very tiny range, making it bigger - or cost no energy - would be a better move, but that's my opinion!), but complaining about a swordsman actually becoming a swordsman...

The only two things I could complain about are Volt's speed "packages left for team", as the PUGs rarely make use of them (maybe it's the case of time to get used to it) and Mag's old Polarize working dangerously similar to Nova's Molecular Prime right now.

If you don't know how to play against the high level enemies without some serious overpower, then just think. Or ask somebody to help you with it.

Now hate me.

All right, me first to hate

Help me to encounter high level enemies and survive with excalibur now, I really want to know your tactics.

ok now that ive played mag a bit since i last posted, i absolutely love the rework. polarize is no longer corpus use only!!!!! i have a single problem.. the SFX for mags bullet jump. IDK its honestly a bit i dont want to say annoying but, annoying idk if it's just me because im not used to the sound yet and it stands out or what but hopefully it eventually blends in for me. Thank you so much DE she has always been my favorite lady but now she is a monster to boot!!!!

4 minutes ago, zuljin3 said:

Its a cooperative game, you dont have to kill more, live more, get more... You have to have fun playing with others and if you want to pay pressing E and 4 I think you should have the posibility

If people dont want to have "tactical" approach to a mission, then why force it with stupid nerfs (Mesa nerf to peacemaker that doesnt reduce consume, for example)? Now high level mission are almost impossible without fixed teams, are VERY boring to do like that and people like you only repeat "HAHA people is idiot because they want to play pressing 4!!"

And I have played the game after the patch

I can see your point, it is valid. Alright then, let them have it, but I'm speaking about people that expects everything to be served on a golden plate right under their nose, without effort. Just press the key and kill everything, no matter the levels. Who said that playing on low levels is bad? For sure not me. And if you want to see limbs flying from pressing one key, well, you can achieve it for example on Venus. Let people not expect it to happen on high waves/minutes/rounds of Tower IV's.

I myself sometimes visit Venus to have silly fun on low level enemies, don't get me wrong. The problem are people who quit the game because they can't kill everything one shot anymore, nevermind of levels and difficulty. I hope that I've clarified myself better now.

•    Enemies that are being Devoured by Inaros can no longer be hurt/killed by another player, only the user Devouring the enemy can cause damage to it at that time.

thanks DE, yet another ability that prevents enemies from being killed due to troll players (ash's bladestorm as well)

I'm sorry but the added nerf to Trintiy's Blessing is too much. First you take away her ability to make her team invulnerable [which is an extremely good mechanic to get your squad out of a clutch moment in any high mission], and give her a 'damage reduction', which is honestly not a good trade off at all. Have you ever been in a T4 Survival? Even with a 90% damage reduction on you, if you get hit by ONE of those Bombard missiles after the 40 minute mark you are DOWN instantly. 90% damage reduction of a 10,000 damage rocket is 1,000 and that is much more than most warframes can handle.

And now you are saying she can no longer heal that one guy who is on the other side of the map and almost about to die? Stop. Like seriously. Nobody is going to stick to the Trinity all the time to get a Blessing, especially if they need to activate a life support, or chase down a VIP. I get the fact you are trying to make her much more tactical to use, but this is ridiculous. 

I would be able to understand if the healing was not as strong the farther away you were from the Trinity, but this outright will nerf her into the ground and people will play Oberon instead for a healer. A healer that will be able to heal everyone from across the map. 

I play Warframe to be a badass space ninja with superpowers.

If i wanted to play a generic shooter, I'd play COD or L4D.

But it seems like every update DE makes the game less "Space ninjas with superpowers" and more "Generic Shooter"

if this trend continues, i'll be leaving.

Just now, Fenicis said:

I can see your point, it is valid. Alright then, let them have it, but I'm speaking about people that expects everything to be served on a golden plate right under their nose, without effort. Just press the key and kill everything, no matter the levels. Who said that playing on low levels is bad? For sure not me. And if you want to see limbs flying from pressing one key, well, you can achieve it for example on Venus. Let people not expect it to happen on high waves/minutes/rounds of Tower IV's.

I myself sometimes visit Venus to have silly fun on low level enemies, don't get me wrong. The problem are people who quit the game because they can't kill everything one shot anymore, nevermind of levels and difficulty. I hope that I've clarified myself better now.

I dont think like that, I hate to use a determinated warframe in high levels missions because its impossible without a fixed team, I dont think thats a "strategy", its only a fixed team for a mission that gets boring and you have to repeat most of the time because the drops (T4 defense)

I just want to choose the warframe I like for high level missions and feel that the challengue is choosing the mods and adapting it to my style, not choosing a nova/ash/trinity/thing and then go, and go, and go...

Valkyr was meant to be a berserker. You DE alone said this and now, she die easily if she turn off her histeria when mobs are close. Do you even know what berserker is?

A unstoppable beast that kills everything in way while taking no dmg. I kinda understand that she's too OP with her invulnerability but berserker must be unstoppable.

I tested it in simulacrum and I know what I'm talking about. This is mistake as hell.

4 minutes ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

All right, me first to hate

Help me to encounter high level enemies and survive with excalibur now, I really want to know your tactics.

Sharing my personal experience about Excalibur I can tell you that a well placed Radial Blind is much more deadly then a canonade of EB's waves. Of course, there are limitations - range, obstacles, a bit unfair system of LoS which sometimes see a wall between you and the enemy that shoots you... yes, that last thing have to be repaired yet. But seriously, one well placed Blind, Javelin (Stun portion) and you have a nice group of pretty coup de grace enemies. EB is not the only strong point of Excalibur. And when the damage start to diminish (Late waves/minutes etc), the CC still works.

Besides, Warframe is only one of five or six active items (depending on companion kind) that you take into the mission. The possibilities are many. EB is not the only option.

3 minutes ago, CoreXCZ said:

Valkyr was meant to be a berserker. You DE alone said this and now, she die easily if she turn off her histeria when mobs are close. Do you even know what berserker is?

A unstoppable beast that kills everything in way while taking no dmg. I kinda understand that she's too OP with her invulnerability but berserker must be unstoppable.

I tested it in simulacrum and I know what I'm talking about. This is mistake as hell.

I agree with you I don't think I  will play with her until the de fix  this

2 minutes ago, zuljin3 said:

I dont think like that, I hate to use a determinated warframe in high levels missions because its impossible without a fixed team, I dont think thats a "strategy", its only a fixed team for a mission that gets boring and you have to repeat most of the time because the drops (T4 defense)

I just want to choose the warframe I like for high level missions and feel that the challengue is choosing the mods and adapting it to my style, not choosing a nova/ash/trinity/thing and then go, and go, and go...

Okay, but first of all, every warframe can be useful in late game (Level 200+) - even Ember, if used right (WoF flame stun, Blast's wave etc) AND, and this is important, there is absolutelly NOTHING that drops / needs to be farmed etc. beyond the reach of an averagely built and playing player. You don't need a specific team to hit 20 waves of T4D, 20 minutes of T4S or sorties, you can go PUG and win easily enough. Every frame can survive in late game, belive me. People sometimes kick me from PUGs when they see me taking Volt or Rhino or Nyx into the void. Those who decide to take me anyway never regret it.

Of course, if you wish to go for longer, you might consider actually prepairing for a mission. It's a co-op game after all. But show me a frame that cannot whitstand at higher waves, that has absolutelly nothing to offer at enemy level 200+ (I'm not saying that there won't be a frame that would do something better than that one, I'm saying that every frame can be used to as long as you wish if you play it out well.)

Regarding Excalibur:
Some "rework" you did here, DE.  This isn't a "rework", this is a straight nerf and you know it.

A "rework" would have consisted of reviewing ALL of Excalibur's abilities and determining why it is that everyone seems to build for Exalted Blade and neglect the others.  Hell, I'll even tell you why that is for free: it's not because Exalted Blade was overpowered, it's because his other abilities aren't worth using.  Players are going to naturally gravitate toward the most powerful and/or efficient ways of playing the game, and instead of giving the players more variety you just nerf what's popular and fun to use.  THIS IS NOT OKAY, and it's an idea that I believe needs to cease immediately.

Now, with that being said, since the "rework" is here, just go ahead and completely remove the built in Radial Blind on Exalted Blade.  It was already useless as it is, you successfully made it even worse - it's MORE than useless now and I don't want to cost myself energy by accidentally using it.  Additionally, remove the damage reduction on punch through for Exalted Blade - the damage dropoff over range was already going far enough.

Regarding Trinity:
I completely disagree with the range nerf, and don't believe that was necessary.  That's all I really have to say about that.

Regarding Valkyr and Mirage:
I guess these are ok.  Not particularly earth shattering changes here.

Please go back and review some of the changes you've made today in the near future and determine if you made the right choices (of course, after a little bit of time has passed and everyone has cooled off a bit).

Your next task is to address the enemy scaling - hop to it, DE.  Drop everything and work on THIS problem.

And finally,

3 minutes ago, Demogarose said:

I play Warframe to be a badass space ninja with superpowers.

THIS.  Quit nerfing, start buffing.

4 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

I thought this was scratched since it wasn't on the news, then I guess VOlt ALSO got a Stealth Nerf, Shields are limited to 4, tested multiple times.

They actually mentioned this in a dev stream.

This is the worst update I've ever seen. Nerfs all around, so many useless additions and changes, so many Warframes made worse. Way to kill the solo players. Stop listening to nerf threads, DE. They don't contribute to the game whatsoever, and they make you look silly. Please stop messing with our stuff and focus on new content instead.

Edited by Spike_Rose