Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.13.0: TennoGen, Passives, & Reworks 

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, Fenicis said:

Okay, but first of all, every warframe can be useful in late game (Level 200+) - even Ember, if used right (WoF flame stun, Blast's wave etc) AND, and this is important, there is absolutelly NOTHING that drops / needs to be farmed etc. beyond the reach of an averagely built and playing player. You don't need a specific team to hit 20 waves of T4D, 20 minutes of T4S or sorties, you can go PUG and win easily enough. Every frame can survive in late game, belive me. People sometimes kick me from PUGs when they see me taking Volt or Rhino or Nyx into the void. Those who decide to take me anyway never regret it.

Of course, if you wish to go for longer, you might consider actually prepairing for a mission. It's a co-op game after all. But show me a frame that cannot whitstand at higher waves, that has absolutelly nothing to offer at enemy level 200+ (I'm not saying that there won't be a frame that would do something better than that one, I'm saying that every frame can be used to as long as you wish if you play it out well.)

But what if I want to take my valkyr and spam E until the letter dissapears? Yes, I know that challengue is awesome but not everybody like that and I dont find a place to nerfs in a cooperative unless is really a problem, and you havent see the awesome RNG of the void? God, I have to buy saryn BP because after 60 T3 ext keys and 20 T4 ext I only got the same thing every time

Take a mag and not in a fixed team with Ash, trinity and nova, it's easy to keep going like that but I'ts not fun

And try to survive in a sortie with valkyr when energy is limited and you cnat use hysteria, thats really frustrating.

And most people play for fun, not for this

P.D. I understand that you want a challengue and, yes, its fun, but in a cooperative nerfing seems usseles to me if theres no more reasons that people like to spam the 4

Edited by zuljin3

16 minutes ago, Fenicis said:

Sharing my personal experience about Excalibur I can tell you that a well placed Radial Blind is much more deadly then a canonade of EB's waves. Of course, there are limitations - range, obstacles, a bit unfair system of LoS which sometimes see a wall between you and the enemy that shoots you... yes, that last thing have to be repaired yet. But seriously, one well placed Blind, Javelin (Stun portion) and you have a nice group of pretty coup de grace enemies. EB is not the only strong point of Excalibur. And when the damage start to diminish (Late waves/minutes etc), the CC still works.

Besides, Warframe is only one of five or six active items (depending on companion kind) that you take into the mission. The possibilities are many. EB is not the only option.

I understand your tactic and its quite good however this is something I've already done with Inaros: Blinding enemies with sand and dealing coup de grace.  So isnt that forcing me to same playstyle? Why do I have to be forced to do same things? Also blinding enemies for a killing blow is  not a way of swordsman imo.

Also i think taking other active items is irrevelant. We're talking about a swordsman here not some another warframe. Have you seen a swordsman with a grenade launcher?

So my idea is if they were going to nerf EB range, DE could have added more block ratio or more combos to the exalted blade  stance. So it could be a real melee warframe. But instead they just nerfed it.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur

4 minutes ago, zuljin3 said:

But what if I want to take my valkyr and spam E until the letter dissapears? Yes, I know that challengue is awesome but not everybody like that and I dont find a place to nerfs in a cooperative unless is really a problem, and you havent see the awesome RNG of the void? God, I have to buy saryn BP because after 60 T3 ext keys and 20 T4 ext I only got the same thing every time

Take a mag and not in a fixed team with Ash, trinity and nova, it's easy to keep going like that but I'ts not fun

And try to survive in a sortie with valkyr when energy is limited and you cnat use hysteria, thats really frustrating.

OH, thanks for reminding. RNG in void is terrible and it's obvious why. I must ask, DE. Is it really that big problem to implement day droptable rotations? Why searching for hard way when you have easier one under your nose.

Edited by CoreXCZ

Polarize PT 2
After Play testing ... it can completely remove Armored unit's armor with enough uses .. BUT against any shield over level 30 .. you need to drain your ENTIRE Energy pool to rip the shields off ... Why not have it do this "set Damage" on Armor and Do the Percentage to Shields ? ... Because as it stands now ... it can't do what it was meant to and it's better at dealing with the armor ...

Mirage got her CC destroyed and is useless now.

Excal now needs to be in melee range to deal any damage with EB. Doing that without any knockdown resistance is a suicide.

Peacemakers don't benefit from fire rate or punch through mods. They also don't target Arctic Eximus/Nullifier bubbles, still have long activation time, huge energy drain and prevent you from moving.

Mag is a 150 base energy frame that now needs to cast 5 abilities to kill 1 enemy. Polarize deals non-scaling damage and is now useless past Mercury.

Trinity, a support frame, now has to play solo to properly use her main abilitiy

I don't understand the reason for these nerfs. What is the end design goal? 

Edited by FedorHooch

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

•    Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.

This idea for a passive was almost universally panned after it's announcement. Did nobody at DE notice the plethora of feedback?

I feel like this rebalancing gets caught in a loop of.

"Sir, we've nerfed this to be concurrent with the middle tier" the middle tier is now the top.

"Sir, we've nerfed the top to be concurrent with the middle tier" The even lower tier is now the top.

Repeat ad nasuem. 

It feels like we are trying to devolve back to early beta "gunframe, no health, only shields, final destination, corpus tilesets only."

9 minutes ago, zuljin3 said:

P.D. I understand that you want a challengue and, yes, its fun, but in a cooperative nerfing seems usseles to me if theres no more reasons that people like to spam the 4

I use Valkyr's Hysteria only when my health drops dangerously low. I discovered a couple of other tactics for her that I, personally, and this is my opinion, are better than just Hysteria. Case of personal playstyle, I prefer Warcry and long range melee weapons + slide attacks for example. I can understand people who use Hysteria as the main tactic, they might be hit by the nerf. But I don't understand people who doesen't see Valkyr beyond Hysteria and think she's dead now.

I think the nerf to Valkyr is to prevent the players from running on late T4S and similar missions, having millions of damage stored, and being constantly absolutelly invincible. If you look at it from a distance you will see that it is pretty powerful. Much more powerful than the others. And the nerf isn't that bad, really. Valkyr's not just a one trick pony... I mean cat.

P.S. I myself broke my E from playing a War-kyl :)

Played a couple frames. What i have to say:

Volt's passive would be more useful if it weren't reset by every shot. And the Riot shield 1:drains too much energy, 2:lacks a way to be put down (or i haven't discovered it)

Mag's damage could be upped. The scaling was a good part of polarize. Just the health nuking wasn't.

Excal's slide blind doesn't need an energy cost, as some people might do it out of a force of habit. And he isn't as useless as some crybabies here are saying. You just gotta move closer.

Mesa feels better overall, but Peacemaker should have some logic that targets the stuff nearest to you so you can pick off that charger without having to cancel and restart.

14 minutes ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

I understand your tactic and its quite good however this is something I've already done with Inaros: Blinding enemies with sand and dealing coup de grace.  So isnt that forcing me to same playstyle? Why do I have to be forced to do same things? Also blinding enemies for a killing blow is  not a way of swordsman imo.

Also i think taking other active items is irrevelant. We're talking about a swordsman here not some another warframe. Have you seen a swordsman with a grenade launcher?

So my idea is if they were going to nerf EB range, DE could have added more block ratio or more combos to the exalted blade  stance. So it could be a real melee warframe. But instead they just nerfed it.

Everyone sees a swordsman in a different way. Radial Blind suits Excalibur and overall Warframe climate, that's my opinion. They wanted to make something original, and they quite made it. The case of a grenade launcher is the thing about the climate of warframe. It would be silly to see literal, medieval Japan swordsman next to a Grineer Bombard. It wouldn't fit, so the styles are being bent to be closer.

Many frames are refferences to something, but not literal something. Ivara for example  is not a deepwood stalker, it's an archery-focused warframe

About EB, the thing that makes trouble is that Energy Blade was more of an Energy Blaster. The vast majority of players were using the waves rather than the blade hit itself. I can see what these changes/nerfs are for. And each of us, including other players and DE themselves have different opinion on how to solve this, or even if solve it at all. Combos and new stance options for EB sounds good to me. In my personal opinion the waves should be just an addon to the hits, not vice versa. So maybe make a wave shorter, but dealing some minor damage and stun/push back/have a chance to knock down the enemies unfortunate to meet it, while Excalibur comes for them and strike with very powerful melee hits? Just an opinion :)

3 minutes ago, DragonEmbers224 said:

well mag has effectively been nerfed, a bit upset and a lot of this update however the volt rework actually wasn't that bad, it was done fairly well

How so? Have you actually tried her since after this patch? People whined about Nova's changes back then, when in fact, it was loads better and more versatile than how M.Prime used to be. 

Edited by Nebam

16 minutes ago, Spike_Rose said:

DE does not play games like we do, unfortunately. The more I think about it, the real "enemies" in this game are not the Grineer, not the Corpus, not Infested or their Orokin creators. The Sentients? Bah, childs play. Even in Conclave it's all just a game.

The real enemy faction we fight is the developers.

To a point, yes. I'm not gonna say I actually use any of the frames affected in this "rework", I just stick to Saryn/Saryn Prime when I play and occasionally Valkyr if I ever decide to do Void Survivals in T3 and T4 because that Hysteria is usually the only thing that'll keep a "common" solo player alive beyond 25-30 minutes. By then your Sentinel's dead thrice over, your guns aren't doing jack, and you're barely scraping by on Life Support because everything is taking forever to kill now. Bring in any other frame that doesn't have good armor or a way to keep itself protected, and you'll probably be having a bad time.

Edited by DodgingCats
Kinda broad on the term "solo player" there. Fixed.

To DEVs:

I think this is the first time you introduced an update which is widely criticized by the gaming community. How does it feel? There are many games around that start with bad updates causing a decline in quality and leakage of players. Do not be mediocre and intend to level down, be original and add new difficulties, higher levels, more difficult enemies, new missions with more complexity. I would not like to start seeing the sunset of this game, with players fearful of future updates, other threatening to leave... Again rethink what attracts a player and what makes people stay at the game. I sense the beginning of a story repeated in many games, I really hope it does not happen here.

To players:

I you think like me leave a Like to this comment to reinforce this message to the DEVs. Lets save Warframe.

5 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

Excal's slide blind doesn't need an energy cost, as some people might do it out of a force of habit. And he isn't as useless as some crybabies here are saying. You just gotta move closer.

No one plays him at close range. Dude is paper thin. If I'd wanted to get to a melee range, I'd be playing chroma or wukong for example (which I am doing at this point and was doing before). Since his radial blind got nerfed and no longer can be called radial, there's literally no point in playing him because he can't even defend himself with that gutted blind. Forcing him to a melee range is even bigger turn off, so gg DE so much for encouraging players to "use something other than Exalted blade". They will be using other frames in his place - you don't know how players think and play at all, that's why you're doing what you're doing.

4 minutes ago, Nebam said:

How so? Have you actually tried her since after this patch? People whined about Nova's changes back then, when in fact, it was loads better and more versatile than how M.Prime used to be. 

Because you do like 500 damage to Enemies that have 50,000 Shields at level 100 Because they set Polarize to do Set damage ... the one thing it was meant to do .. it CAN'T DO

2 hours ago, b3n0n3 said:

dammit i hope excalibro will still deal high dmg, and that valkyr hysteria, it was nicer before, now i costs more..... T^T

Excalibro will still cause the same damage, it's just that he became a swordsman once more, his mage days are over. I don't how these chages will change how I play my Valkyr, I may use Hysteria a Lot, but i never overstayed in that mode, only used for heals/reducing excessive enemy population a bit.

No one plays him at close range. Dude is paper thin. If I'd wanted to get to a melee range, I'd be playing chroma or wukong for example (which I am doing at this point and was doing before). Since his radial blind got nerfed and no longer can be called radial, there's literally no point in playing him because he can't even defend himself with that gutted blind. Forcing him to a melee range is even bigger turn off, so gg DE so much for encouraging players to "use something other than Exalted blade". They will be using other frames in his place - you don't know how players think and play at all, that's why you're doing what you're doing.

I play him close range, thank you. In fact If you have problems with his durability, this it's high time you learned how to play melee, cause you definitely don't know how to do it. I can go melee with my Nyx in non "melee only" Sorties well enough, and she's way flimsier than Excal.

Edited by DreadWarlock