Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.13.0: TennoGen, Passives, & Reworks 

[DE]Megan

I am definitely okay with the Excal nerf, he needed it. Tired of seeing nothing but EB spammers everywhere. However I feel strongly disappointed that we nerfed Valkyr. I really dont feel she was overpowered in any way. Yes, her hysteria caused builds to make her literally invincible, but it's nowhere near the level of the old "Greedy Pull + Mesa" tactics. And besides, her ult eventually ends, no matter how much energy efficiency or duration  you use. And the fact that Hysteria was a melee-only ability is what I felt would be the "line". And what I mean by that, is that the "line" is why I think it should not have been nerfed any further. It was that perfect mixture of playable, but not ridiculous. There are still Ultimates that are WAY more powerful than that of Valkyr's, and combinations that are just ridiculous in themselves.

You're slimming down your amount of playable characters, DE. I'm not liking it. I have spent way too much money on this game and spent so much time farming for what I want, that I've become a late-game player. And it's becoming not worth my time and effort.

I still don't understand the logic behind Nyx passive. To me, it reduces the effectiveness of her abilities. You could make something better and more fit to the theme.

The Ash one gives nothing to his playstyle but more damage to his abilities, and on a buch of weapons. I would have preferred something more ninja-like, like reduced visibility when in the shadow, or increased stealth multiplier... 

I just finished a solo T3 survival, I went 55 minutes before the armor values were just too high. I used Excalibur, with low level Naramon. I didn't even realize that Excalibur had been changed! I did notice, though I attributed it to the fact that I'm still sort of new, that I was getting much better damage through using the actual sword and getting the combo multiplier, but that multiplier disappears way to quickly between enemies. 

I'm not too happy about Valkyrs change, but I'll have to experience it myself. 

Mag was mastery fodder for me before, probably will stay that way now.

Either way, a space sim I like very much got a new update yesterday... :-O

16 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Because you do like 500 damage to Enemies that have 50,000 Shields at level 100 Because they set Polarize to do Set damage ... the one thing it was meant to do .. it CAN'T DO

Okay, so pretty much a spam 2 machine is gone, and it was replaced with a better set of powers that actually synergize well with each other. Besides, it's far too early for players to be yelling "nerf" when it's only been a few hours since the update and there hasn't been much testing. So far, she's loads more fun and versatile, especially magnetize since it acts as both a shield and deals a great amount of damage. 

Edited by Nebam

Please review some of the passives you have implemented DE. Some of them aren't passives at all, instead they rely on abilities; therefore, not making it a passive. Chroma's "passive" isn't even a passive, he deserves an actual passive to go along with his feature of different energy colors. Nyx's new passive has nerfed her in so many ways and yet so many of us complained about this passive and so many more, yet it seems you didn't listen to us before you implemented it. Please realize, they aren't passives if they require a REALLY specific situation, such as ability casting, tileset, or even co-op like Vauban's or Trinity's. Frost's passive is alright, it's still situational, but it happens enough and can happen anywhere! The passives that are good, of course, require situations, but those situations can happen at anytime and are in effect AT ALL TIMES, not just because an ability was cast or because you got a teammate (Also, why have a passive that only works in co-op, it hurts solo players way too much). Other passives like Saryn's are good because they not only work with her abilities, but also her weapons and any status she inflicts onto enemies. I'd really like to provide feedback on Nyx's new passive since that is the Warframe I spend the most time playing and she is my favorite. It nerfred her. Like, I can't tell you how frustrating it was when I Mind Controlled an enemy, went back to that enemy after 50 seconds (duration ended) and there I found it disarmed! WHY! Her passive doesn't work with her abilities, which is upsetting. It works well with Psychic Bolts (which is still an ability that needs a rework) and Absorb, but it nerfs Chaos and Mind Control! Why have a passive or anything that nerfs abilities!? It just makes her another Loki essentially, why is that a good thing to some people? Yes, Disarm is great, it's great CC, but for Nyx it's utter garbage because Chaos is meant to inflict CHAOS on the battlefield. What's so chaotic about enemies wacking each other with sticks or a sheev? Nyx's Chaos is meant for enemies to kill each other at a decent pact unlike Loki's Disarm which is meant to disarm! Plus, with Mind Control (especially if a Nyx has the augment for it), we want enemies who aren't disarmed! Please listen to the player feedback and to the feedback we've already given to you guys BEFORE the update hit. We already knew some of these passives were not good and yet, here we are. 

Edited by TheMortemShadow

1 minute ago, Brimstone_AVM said:

I just finished a solo T3 survival, I went 55 minutes before the armor values were just too high. I used Excalibur, with low level Naramon.

You just wait till next update,cause naramon nerf - incoming. 

Just now, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

For those that cant be bothered reading all the notes:

Mag, Trinity, Excalibur, Mirage got absolutely destroyed by the nerf hammer.

Volt and Mesa got tiny buff.

You could argue mag did for high levels. Trin for people who want to face tank. Excal didnt get wrecked, only exalted turret. Mirage cant stall a whole mission anymore. But people ignore how useful hall of mirrors and eclipse still are.

Volt shield is half buff half nerf. Synergizes better, but only 4 get put up. His 4 is much better than before

Mesa's 2 is much more useful to the mesa player, and the 4 change is nothing to sneeze at.

I feel as though Mirage, Valkyr, and Excalibur were screwed over with this update.

I had it in mind that these reworks were supposed to do good for older frames, to balance them out with newer ones that have more substantial and better abilities, and thus far that's how it has been, however I suppose I was wrong. I have never once in my years on Warframe been disappointed with any part of an update from DE, however I am with this one as there was nothing wrong with Mirage's Prism. Valkyr's Hysteria, Excalibur's Exalted Blade, or to a lesser extent other nerfed abilities.

I am sorry to say DE, your comment; "We noticed players were only using this one ability, so we nerfed it to persuade players to use their other abilities" is extremely asinine. We, the players, build our frames around a specific ability 95% of the time, hardly ever for multiple abilities, because those abilities are makes certain frames good/useful. If you want to persuade players to use a frames other abilities, then buff the other abilities rather than nerfing their one good one resulting in ruining a perfectly good frame and upsetting the players that pay your salaries.

SMH

Edited by Toxxn

4 minutes ago, Nebam said:

Okay, so pretty much a spam 2 machine is gone, and it was replaced with a better set of powers that actually synergize well with each other. Besides, it's far too early for players to be yelling "nerf" when it's only been a few hours since the update and there hasn't been much testing. So far, she's loads more fun and versatile, especially magnetize since it acts as both a shield and deals a great amount of damage. 

go on how is the new polarise anything but cancer?
i'll tell you in one word why the last one was better: Scaling

yer that simple i'd have happy accepted it being reduced to 50% but a fixed damage number is worthless at high levels.

5 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

But people ignore how useful hall of mirrors and eclipse still are.

The answer: not usefull at all. Unless you enjoy running with the simulor at low level missions. For everything else, there are better options both for staying alive and dealing more damage. Even one projectile can wreck her easily and that hall of mirrors won't do sht.

Naramon is the only way I can get that far in solo survivals unless I hide behind a wall, which isn't very fun

"You pause to catch your breath
And die another gruesome death
So now you creep around each corner terrified"

That's some dark souls experience right here :D 

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

3 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

The answer: not usefull at all. Unless you enjoy running with the simulor at low level missions. For everything else, there are better options both for staying alive and dealing more damage. Even one projectile can wreck her easily and that hall of mirrors won't do sht.

If only severely disabling abilites like bastille or radial disarm are useful to you, you're in for a bad series of updates.

Just now, Yonekura said:

The volt riot shield uses way to much energy you already have to pay energy to cast it. Lastly, why the 4 shield limit?

Riot shield uses a lot of energy but if you build for efficiency you'll be fine.

Also, you still generate energy while using it. If you've got zenurik (sp) you'll be fine.

8 minutes ago, Nebam said:

No no no .. what you're not getting is that it isn't about one button nuking .. it's that if you do anything over level 30 ... you can't Remove the REGENERATING Shields off the Enemies, Enemies that already have High HP on top of the Shields. IT IS A NERF .. Doing 500 damage to a 50,000 shield When PULL is doing 760 to the same shields is not Synergy. Crush is still Weak , now Polarize is only good against ARMOR. Now every one is going to spam Magnetize instead.

MIrage didn't suffer anything, if you needed to turn an entire map blind to survive then you don't really need to be calling yourself a Tenno. Excalibur and Valkyr were indeed nerfed, but Excal can make do with his other abilities to keep causing the same damage, butthut people should learn to use his other abiliteis that more than makeup for this nerf. Valkyr however needs a rework in her abilities. Even though i never depended in her Hysteria in the first place, i can recognize how atrocious her other skills truly are right now for players that did indeed depend on Hysteria.

It's sad that they changed Trinity's DR formula, this one change was unnecessary, but I don't really see a problem with the other bless changes, as Equinox already has this same problem with her healing and i never struggled to heal anyone with her.

And then there's Mag, Mag's rework was pretty good, but now there are people calling it a Nerf because they can no longer press 2 to win. And yet they fait to see that Magnetize can do so much for new Mag that that loss was pretty much trivial.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Riot shield uses a lot of energy but if you build for efficiency you'll be fine.

Also, you still generate energy while using it. If you've got zenurik (sp) you'll be fine.

I running with a maxed streamline, primed continuity, constitution, primed flow, and unless I  farm energy to max out my energy pool it's really draining.

Edited by Yonekura

12 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

You just wait till next update,cause naramon nerf - incoming. 

DE, you all have souls I know you do. Please. PLEASE. Leave Naramon, and Zenurik for that matter, alone. Too much has have been destroyed already on this dreary day.

9 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

If only severely disabling abilites like bastille or radial disarm are useful to you, you're in for a bad series of updates.

Any ability that can either provide damage reduction (Nekros' shield of shadows, Mesa's 2 and 3, Chromas 2 and 3 and so on) or disarm (but disarm and chaos are only usefull if you have a team) is better than Mirage's bs. She was never known and valued as a damage dealer or as survivable frame. She was shining only as a CC. Like I said, DE doesn't understand WHY people use EB, Hysteria or Prism over other their abilities or over other warframe abilities. People used it not because it was one of the many. But because it was one of the best. Eclipse and hall of mirrors are nowhere near the same level of usefulness as Chroma's abilities or even Mesa's so people won't use that. Same with CC abilities. If you need to lock down the map, you won't use Mirage anymore at all. You will move to other frames. If only her f-ing 2 actually worked on the consoles enemies are trying to hack in interceptions and worked on warframe so enemies won't be able to touch us it could've saved her. But her only really usefull ability was her ult. For everything else, there are other - better frames.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

5 minutes ago, LeMedz said:

welp... I guess im not bothering with my valkyr, trinity, mesa or Excalibur for a while. Not happy about this update trying to nerf good warframes  while trying to "fix" volt and mag.

....And Mirage.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Targets with shields will take a fixed shield damage (no longer a %)

Ohh, nerfed the only useful ability of Mag. Will play on 5-10 lvls for fun, but not higher anymore.

•    Prism’s Blind effect is now affected by the enemy's Line-of-Sight (LoS) to the Prism.

Rest in my pocket Mirage, even if you are useless now i wont throw you away!

Firstly, the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more Energy it'll cost you. (but the energy drain ramp up is capped). 

Valkyr, join Mirage and have fun, you have long time to rest until another rework!

Exalted Blade’s damage will now diminish according to distance travelled and enemies punctured, and Exalted Blade’s built-in Radial Blind on spin will now cost ½ the Energy of a regular Radial Blind.

Join girls there Excalibur! We had lot of fun together but no one lasts forever!

Damage Resistance % = 100 - Square (Average (Tenno Health %)).

Rest with other nerfed frames, Resist Trin! Luckily you still can heal someone!