Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

Is it just me or is our good old corpus killer no longer able to kill a single high level enemies no matter how u combine her abilities?

Bevore the rework Mag was an amazing frame.She killed low-lv all enemys with ult and against high-lv corpus she was a beast cause polarice was % dmg and scaled with enemy shield...but now after the change Mag can´t kill anything with a bit more shield/health... Imo the rework should be removed at all or get changed to deal % dmg and not fix numbers.

=======

10 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

All related Mag rework threads will be merged here. Please discuss her changes respectfully and be constructive in your feedback after testing her out.

Mag Changes
•    Pull: Pull remains mostly the same as before. If an enemy is magnetized, bonus damage is dealt. Kills have a bonus chance of dropping energy, while causing enemies to experience almost physics-defying deaths.
•    Magnetize: Magnetize (previously Bullet Attractor) will root the target in place. Damage over time is dealt to all enemies within a set radius, with the amount of damage based on how far from the center of the Magnetized they are. A percentage of the damage of absorbed bullets/projectiles/shrapnel will be used to increase the DOT. Up to 4 targets can be Magnetized at this time.
•    Polarize: Polarize now spreads like Nova’s Molecular Prime that expands out over time. Targets with shields will take a fixed shield damage (no longer a %), while targets with armour take health damage and a permanent armour debuff. Targets will emit a piece or two of shrapnel which can be used to create synergies with Mag's other abilities. 
•    Crush: Will now deal bonus damage to magnetized enemies.

So I decided to take the reworked Mag out for a spin against some Corpus. That was probably not the best idea.

I started off by testing the abilities, Magnetise worked well, but failed to do much, it's probably gonna eb another 2 that I won't ever need to use.

Now here comes the storm, Polarise.

I expected Polarise to stay relatively the same, just with an M prime spread affect. However when it failed to kill shielded corpus enemies in a level 12 node I started having my doubts. Pull was doing more damage. That's pretty bad.

Crush is in a 'better' position but is still pretty awful. Mag was mainly useful because Polarise scaled well in the late game. Now I'm not so sure.

Never thought i'd say this but DE, you've outdone yourself again, This nerf makes Saryn look good.

Edited by Latiac

On 5/27/2016 at 11:44 PM, -Vernoc- said:

Is it just me or is our good old corpus killer no longer able to kill a single high level enemy?

Press 2 to kill a single actually many high level enemies.

You're welcome.

Anyway, I kinda like the new reworked Mag. She's much fun <3 But then I did some testing. She turned out to be useful but lacking and still is easy to kill in high level missions.

She doesn't "press 2 to win" anymore, that's balance, that's cool.

She's somewhat useful against the Grineer and the corrupted now reducing their armour permanently. Some tweaks would be welcome, i.e. she could reduce their armour by some percentage rather than by a flat amount. If we can do this with Corrosive Projection auras then why can't we do it with a frame ability? This ability isn't worth casting for 75 energy. It would be if you implemented said change. Or merged the augment mod with it and introduced some different one (say, enemies become stunned briefly upon being Polarized?).

Her passive is not much of a use too. The range is too small. It'll take some time to get used to it, but a lil' buff would we great.

Lastly, I hoped for some Crush changes. Mag's has the potential to have an amazing fourth ability. But Crush is really disappointing :(

Well, we were promised a Mag rework. She was meant to stop being a press-2-to-win frame and start being useful against factions other than the Corpus. Her Shield Polarize was nerfed and we got little in return rather than an actual rework.

6/22/2016 edit:

I played Mag a looot after the rework happened. She turned out to be very strong actually, her new 2 (Magnetize) is solid, makes her deal tons of damage, blocks enemy fire (Mag is difficult to kill if played right), shrinks nullies' bubbles. The synergy between her Magnetize and 1 and 4 is hardly noticeable. I do, however, still think that Polarize deserves some changes. I only use it to replenish my shields and it's not something worth 75 energy. Same goes for Crush, 100 energy cost makes it just not worth casting (unless augmented, lol).

Looking forward to some further tweaks! Love you, DE <3

PS: Fix that awesome magnetic-ish sound missing from her Pull already D:

Edited by Raniu

1 minute ago, (PS4)lupowolfen said:

Are you talking about the reworked Mag?  I believe you PC guys got her today.  Is it that bad?

yes it is that bad. IMO she is absolute useles now..

Welcome to Saryn travel agency. 

You are limited to 4 targets per Magnetize who will be dealt bonus damage during Crush.

4...seriously.

Saryn has it easier compared to Mag.

Hope it plays better than it sounds.

Edit:

Played with Mag a bit, could not figure a good way to play with her, then I started reading forums.
She plays well on camping/shocking points, wait for enemy to come, magnetize at each end, watch everything walking in and die. Great for defense as well: Pull enemies towards pod, magnetize = instant incoming projectile immunity.

And then you realize how well Magnetize synchronizes with ONLY Quanta...everything else is worst than pre-rework....by a lot.Almost feels like an exploit.

Another broke mechanic that only shines under X parameters, go have fun with her, you are gonna love it.
Just don't forget to pick up your Quanta.

Edited by Souldend78
After some testing and reading.

:facepalm: when screaming for reworks and nerfs go wrong! 

Sometimes i wish the masses would just leave some things alone sometimes.

its going too be soo obnoxious seeing all the salt treads for the next month!

and then for another month when console complainers get their hands on it.

Edited by (XB1)Listed mia 510

I just tested the new mag in simulacrum and the polarize does not scale with enemy shield or health at all. 200% powerstrength build killed lvl 40 but couldnt even strip lvl125 shield completely. also the polarize wave range is affected by duration when i remember it being said that it would be range still. also armour shards are worthless from what i see.

I just gave her a go.

Maybe I missed something, and I'll need to rework her build to see fi the new changes are good, but...

Initial impression is this:

fzQbFXC.png

Mag might be back to being a trash tier frame again.

Let's see what experimentation shows us.

Round 1 of experimentation, duration with some power strength and range against high level Corpus in daily sortie.

To note: Sortie 1 was supposed to be eximus defense, and the enemies were unusually squishy, mag or no mag.  Verified by asking others who held the same impression of the first leg of the daily, especially as there seemed to be no nullifiers or sapper ospreys, and very few but unusually squishy bursas(Which was a welcome change from the usual bullet sponge, super ability and infinitely CC spamming variety).  Leg 2 and 3 of the sortie had more variety in enemy squad composition for testing purposes.

Pull - Didn't notice too much difference.

Bullet Attractor / Magnetize - Seems to sporadically do self-damage that can down you.  Also a LOT of enemy projectiles pass through it without being absorbed, already noted as happening often with bursas and silly hat / modular corpus ( nul, slo, scrambus or whatever ) that can just shoot you right through the bubbles.  Limits its usage as a protective measure.  Also noted corpses often linger for a LONG time afterward.  To improve this, make ALL enemy projectiles be affected by this ability, not just selective ones.  And fix that self-damage thing.

Shield Polarize - The spreading wave does feel msotly like a nerf, because the damage caused by the first enemy's shield exploding in a group damages the nearby enemies, VASTLY reducing the destructive potential of any other enemy shields popping in the same group, every successive enemy seeming to do likewise, unless they're in a VERY tight grouping.  Also seems like it's somewhat fixed damage, hard to tell so far.  Vastly decreased damage output, though.  Suggested fix: Make the skill percentage based instead of fixed damage, make shield damage and shield exposion damage incurred get buffered on each enemy and stored like a 'battery' of sorts, which can be fully detonated using crush.  Synergy!  The armor reduction seemed to take forever to reduce any enemy's armor down to zero, though.

Crush - It's a bit meh, seemed to do more damage at times, but felt a bit lackluster, and a lot of enemies seem to ignore the CC aspect of it.  Is there a new limit  to how many enemies it can affect?  Lots of enemies were unaffected by it, neither CCed by the animation, and a lot of enemies didn't seem to take any damage.  It seemed pretty arbitrary as to which enemies were and weren't affected, though eximus enemies seemed more likely to ignore it, blitz eximus enemies in particular.  Still feel like a sitting duck using it.  x.x

Coming soon: Grineer experimentation!

Edited by DeMeritus
SCIENCE(!) is happening.

Bevore the rework Mag was an amazing frame.She killed low-lv all enemys with ult and against high-lv corpus she was a beast cause polarice was % dmg and scaled with enemy shield...but now after the change Mag can´t kill anything with a bit more shield/health... Imo the rework should be removed at all or get changed to deal % dmg and not fix numbers.