Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

3 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

I mean this speaks volumes about all these supposed mag supporters or Mag herself if everyone is claiming she is ruined because of one ability underperforming.

I see that her other abilities were meant to work in tandem though, still however I can agree on returning the scaling back to being based on percentage instead.

I tested ALL her abilities for damage including crush. Crush still has its rather low 18m base range for and ulti and only gains a damage boost against a max of 4 targets which require more energy and time to cast. magnetize still has long casting time as well. polarize is a waste against content above lvl 80 or so. and is not even great in damage for armor at all.

She's a mean one, downright brutal to Grineer now.

Armour will be gone in a 1-3 casts (1 for lancers/scorpions, 3 for bombards) of polarize in a huge area with decent duration and power strength. Red health bars for everyone!

Magnetize makes packs of heavy gunners etc. a joke. 1 cast of Magnetize will make a manned rampart execute it's own operator. 

Mind you, this is on Ceres and Earth both for comparison. I'd have to try it out in a Sortie for info on serious level Grineer.

Makes me smile.

Edited by Zaisha

3 minutes ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Why does Magnetize deal self damage?

This happened to me also! 3 times in the mission in fact. It's as if it counts you as the enemy when you're in it and something attacks you, I doubt it's intended!

13 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

I just further tested on lvl 125 heavy gunners i used all abilities butt pull and couldnt even do 10% of their health with abilities even after armor strip.

"I spawned a bunch of 125 gunners in the simulacrum, got rekt" is 0% scientific. If you aren't testing it in the field against real enemies that can realistically spawn, what's your point? You will never encounter a squad of enemies that is 100% level 125 corrupted gunners, ever.

11 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

...Brain much? Usefulness does not mean utter trash when flipped. She still had use against Grineer before this update. 

??????

I can redbar a heavy gunner if I cast polarize enough, how is she less useful vs. Grineer now?

4 minutes ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

...wait, what? Okay, that is bizarre and probably 0% intended.

I did some testing in the simulation place (forgot how to type the name). I didn't have some problems killing level 135 corpus detron crewman but I'm still playing around a bit to figure out how Mag's abilities work now because after a while when the shields are depleted already on the crewman the damage on the polarize seems to fall off when combined with magnetize.

I can only assume that you can only still nuke enemies when they are grouped up together in the magnetize bubbles now and then you use a polarize to nuke whatever you can.

31 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

RIP Mag, Bane of Corpus.

All hail Mag, Bane of Everything.

Did all of you just take your old builds with total dump stat duration and expect to hit Polarize to nuke the map like the old days? Well, I've got some news for you: You may perhaps be doing it wrong.

Build some Duration for once in your lives. Don't expect pushing one button to do all the work for you. Have you even tried learning how her new abilities work? Have you perhaps noticed that Magnetize sets up four giant, bullet-blocking, enemy-shredding orbs that direct everything you fire at them straight into enemy faces? Have you perhaps observed that Polarize, while no longer oneshotting enemies forever, rips off defenses so you can pour bullets into faces several times more effectively (while also probably blasting them just hard enough to require significantly less bullet on average)? Also, you know, its armor strip is actually permanent. As in 'hello, red bars, it's been a while' permanent. Bring a gun with mag procs, and another gun with viral/heat or something, and laugh.

There is something useless here, and it's the old Press 2 to Win build. It isn't Mag. Unless you're one of those people who think spawning the full amount of max level Corrupted Gunners (with an ancient to buff them all), or rating everything for 60 minutes T4 Survival solo, is a realistic and scientific benchmark.

Wait a second. Did you just say they 'just' lose all armor? Lose all armor? Uh... really? That's insignificant? Welp.

I guess people just love Press [Nuke Button] to Win too much.

Quoted for truth.

Thank you so much for this.

4 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

I tested ALL her abilities for damage including crush. Crush still has its rather low 18m base range for and ulti and only gains a damage boost against a max of 4 targets which require more energy and time to cast. magnetize still has long casting time as well. polarize is a waste against content above lvl 80 or so. and is not even great in damage for armor at all.

I'd have to reach a personal compromise in this regard but I think it is time for some rigorous testing to find some new form of synergy, certainly this isn't the same Mag as before and the mistake might be in trying to player her as such but I am not willing to make any conclusions just yet.

Still fixed numbers seem... really bad, that has barely worked in this game for abilities of Polarize's nature so that might need to get looked at.

8 minutes ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Well...you're obviously going to take self-damage if you stand right in front of your projectiles. This was the case w/ normal bullet attractor as well.

As for the rework, it's okay. I'm personaly only bothered by the damage change to Polarize.

43 minutes ago, DeMeritus said:

I just gave her a go.

Maybe I missed something, and I'll need to rework her build to see fi the new changes are good, but...

Initial impression is this:

-snip-

Mag might be back to being a trash tier frame again.

Let's see what experimentation shows us.

Remember when mag was good?

Mag was never good!

YSdswcp.jpg

7 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

"I spawned a bunch of 125 gunners in the simulacrum, got rekt" is 0% scientific. If you aren't testing it in the field against real enemies that can realistically spawn, what's your point? You will never encounter a squad of enemies that is 100% level 125 corrupted gunners, ever.

I've encountered roving bands of 4-5 lv125 heavy gunners in T4S and T4D. I've encountered the same in certain sortie 3 missions.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Mag was bad and now is even worse.

Stripping armor - nice gimmick, unless you're in a higher lvl premade, in which you're running 4x CP which work off the bat. No casting, no energy. In a scenario when you kill alot of incoming targets Mag would need to spam her abilities to remove the targets armor to keep up with the killing. Or you could use 4x CP or 3x CP and drifts and be done with it. Also, AFAIK this only works on ferrite armor, right? So for corpus its only Bursa's right?

Flat damage - Every other frame welcomes Mag into the fold. Thought you could get away, eh?

Modding - This is where it gets ugly. Most frames that you have to build for 4 stats are underplayed for a reason. You need duration for the expanding wave, strength for the damage(no longer %), range for pull and crush and efficiency to not be left with 0 energy after 2 abilities. Either you sacrifice some of those or your Mag is useless in higher lvls.

7 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

??????

I can redbar a heavy gunner if I cast polarize enough, how is she less useful vs. Grineer now?

...wait, what? Okay, that is bizarre and probably 0% intended.

I didnt say i got rekt at all, i actually didnt die by hiding behind cover, also in void it is possible for all heavy gunner squads as they are quite common. I said that i couldnt damage them much and the cc is less than great. Also people have been using 4CP for the longest time and bringing mag just for that.. people simply wont use her for that.

53 minutes ago, Latiac said:

However when it failed to kill shielded corpus enemies in a level 12 node I started having my doubts. Pull was doing more damage. That's pretty bad.

Crush is in a 'better' position but is still pretty awful. Mag was mainly useful because Polarise scaled well in the late game. Now I'm not so sure.

Never thought i'd say this but DE, you've outdone yourself again, This nerf makes Saryn look good.

That is what I was afraid of, the numbers matter more than how the frame feels in performing the task, too.

Killing Corpus is Mag's signature she's known for, but if low level Corpus can't be killed by a maxed Mag ... "Houston, we have a problem."

Scaling is off in the game. Max level won't feel max level if lowbie areas they can't kill outright.

The whole purpose to gear out is to FEEL powerful, not going in lowbie zones and find out the low level NPCs are still standing. -_-

Hey Tenno! 

All related Mag rework threads will be merged here. Please discuss her changes respectfully and be constructive in your feedback after testing her out.

Mag Changes
•    Pull: Pull remains mostly the same as before. If an enemy is magnetized, bonus damage is dealt. Kills have a bonus chance of dropping energy, while causing enemies to experience almost physics-defying deaths.
•    Magnetize: Magnetize (previously Bullet Attractor) will root the target in place. Damage over time is dealt to all enemies within a set radius, with the amount of damage based on how far from the center of the Magnetized they are. A percentage of the damage of absorbed bullets/projectiles/shrapnel will be used to increase the DOT. Up to 4 targets can be Magnetized at this time.
•    Polarize: Polarize now spreads like Nova’s Molecular Prime that expands out over time. Targets with shields will take a fixed shield damage (no longer a %), while targets with armour take health damage and a permanent armour debuff. Targets will emit a piece or two of shrapnel which can be used to create synergies with Mag's other abilities. 
•    Crush: Will now deal bonus damage to magnetized enemies.

Im looking at 5 digit damage numbers with magnetize and polarize synergy against corrupted at 100% pwr strength.

'Useless'

The idea of the rework was to make her useful outside of corpus and theyve done a damn good job at it. Maybe actually try pressing more than one button, people?

PULL

Should generate Shrapnel.

POLARIZE:

Should take away shields/armor from each enemy it passes through, staggering them like an impact proc. When maximum range is achieved, the area of effect should do an amount of damage proportional to the number of enemies affected when it was expanding, to enemies in range. Enemies magnetized should take double damage and contribute double for final blast.