Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

2 minutes ago, timur_the_lame said:

They could change magnetize to not require a target, allowing Mag to cast it on the ground.  

inb4 people crying about how that would be overpowered.  Mag is bad, give her something.

I can't imagine anyone thinking it would be OP, it would make her tolerable.. She used to be my bae.. Now she has been replaced, by EVERY other frame in my arsenal..

• 4 weeks later...

Just a thought to help with shield transference ( I know a lot of people has some great suggestions already but..)

---At least increase the bubble cap/overshield to 2k shields and has a chance(%) to redirect bullets (since its mag)

> or absorb the damage like nullifiers per shot is capped maybe 4% of the bubble

> or absorb the damage into energy ( damage is still capped but now maybe 6% but then now has a chance to restore energy 10% to gain 3% energy.)

or creates the overshield but now also gives armor with a cap to it since it strips shield and some armor. (Honestly don't like it but its meh, mag will never be a tank I accept that.)

--- Note: all percentages can be changed or replaced depending on how DE thinks it is balanced/appropriate.---

Other than that:

Pull- Still same old same old. ( I use it mainly on low levels, before I would max range pull {since once enemies have fallen down they start getting pulled in unlike while they are standing} with a vortex vauban and I would kill enemies. )

Magnetize- Like how it is, some bugs some bullets passing through but otherwise I think is a buff overall.

Shield Polarize- Already said what I think would be good. Read someone also saying that hopefully it stores some damage (capped to prevent from being OP) then as the pulse goes on it increases in damage.

Crush- Its ok never really used this much. Sometimes when I'm lazy to shoot low level enemies and has energy orbs laying around, I use it. Other times, (which I do the most) to give some time to my teammate to revive another tenno. Since animation of crush is long, I use it as defensive skill instead.

I know I'm late but warframe is constantly changing and I just got back a week ago. So changes can still happen fingers cross. Might not happen since DE is more focused on reworking every frame, weapon, bug and all kind of stuff. Instead of perfecting a certain "item", that just how it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Months later and mag is still wrecked. Sad, one of my favorite frames.   I don't understand why people didn't use BA before the rework, it made that one target super easy to kill by amping the damage and redirecting shots.  It didn't need a duration because iirc the 3 seconds it lasted on a minimum duration build was far more than enough to destroy the target, be it ancient healers, bosses etc.  If it wasn't it could simply be recasted.  I loved it and used it frequently.  I literally use magnetize FAR less than I used BA, I just use my weapon and polarize to keep my shields up with over-shields, and the occasional pull or crush for some CC.  MZ is too much of a hassle to deal with in a mobility intensive game like this, while it is effective in certain missions, ie defense, in spots md and cheesing survivals, out side of that it's not worth the time.  Whereas before I'd through a BA out on every mission type.  While it's easily her best ability I use it sparsely.  Thank you DE for digging mag's grave.

#Priorities 

Edited by Phalanx21860
Added far

5 hours ago, Phalanx21860 said:

Months later and mag is still wrecked. Sad, one of my favorite frames.   I don't understand why people didn't use BA before the rework, it made that one target super easy to kill by amping the damage and redirecting shots.  It didn't need a duration because iirc the 3 seconds it lasted on a minimum duration build was far more than enough to destroy the target, be it ancient healers, bosses etc.  If it wasn't it could simply be recasted.  I loved it and used it frequently.  I literally use magnetize FAR less than I used BA, I just use my weapon and polarize to keep my shields up with over-shields, and the occasional pull or crush for some CC.  MZ is too much of a hassle to deal with in a mobility intensive game like this, while it is effective in certain missions, ie defense, in spots md and cheesing survivals, out side of that it's not worth the time.  Whereas before I'd through a BA out on every mission type.  While it's easily her best ability I use it sparsely.  Thank you DE for digging mag's grave.

#Priorities 

I'm aware BA was the same before the rework, i believe it was reworked or "claimed" to be reworked as the explosion after BA never seemed to work or even kill anything. BA was just a single target ability that only affected the target and there was no DoT or CC to the ability. Before the rework I used mag on a sortie with tonkor. I saw that it was easy to use but there was no use other than controlled explosions with the tonkor. The second the target died was the second the bubble decided to pop.

13 hours ago, Phalanx21860 said:

#Priorities 

But, BA was pretty similar to Magnetize, having more base duration and lacking the vortex, DoT and scaling explosion.  

One can only draw the conclusion that you think that Mag was "wrecked" because she lost her Corpus win button.