The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

Mag Changes
•    Pull: Pull remains mostly the same as before. If an enemy is magnetized, bonus damage is dealt. Kills have a bonus chance of dropping energy, while causing enemies to experience almost physics-defying deaths.
•    Magnetize: Magnetize (previously Bullet Attractor) will root the target in place. Damage over time is dealt to all enemies within a set radius, with the amount of damage based on how far from the center of the Magnetized they are. A percentage of the damage of absorbed bullets/projectiles/shrapnel will be used to increase the DOT. Up to 4 targets can be Magnetized at this time.
•    Polarize: Polarize now spreads like Nova’s Molecular Prime that expands out over time. Targets with shields will take a fixed shield damage (no longer a %), while targets with armour take health damage and a permanent armour debuff. Targets will emit a piece or two of shrapnel which can be used to create synergies with Mag's other abilities. 
•    Crush: Will now deal bonus damage to magnetized enemies.

16 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

Blessing for trinity is nothing like what it was, in a group of 4 people your lucky to get a DR higher than 55% which is horrid, in solo its fine but in groups it makes trin useless as survival buff.

Blessing wasn't changed completely. Still duration. Still the same effect. It was an ability nerf.

Mag's abilities (plural) were turned upside down, from +Power Strength and -Duration to +Duration and -Power Strength (even though she's a DPS frame).

This isn't even Mag anymore, it's something else. Plays totally different. Like turning a Holy Paladin (burst healer) into a Restro Druid (HoT healer).

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

After doing testing with mag, I am astonished that this went through testing, she is literally useless against high level enemies... theres really no reason whatsoever to ever use mag again

3 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

It's wasn't changed completely. Still duration. Still the same effect. It was an ability nerf.

Mag's abilities (plural) were turned upside down, from +Power Strength and -Duration to +Duration and -Power Strength (even though she's a DPS frame).

This isn't even Mag anymore, it's something else. Plays totally different. Like turning a Holy Paladin (burst healer) into a Restro Druid (HoT healer).

It wasnt just an ability nerf, it renders blessing entirely useless for its purpose of keeping a GROUP on their feet as 50% damage reduction is useless in this games scaling. This does belong more on the trinity changes article though so i will stop here.

Just now, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

It wasnt just an ability nerf, it renders blessing entirely useless for its purpose of keeping a GROUP on their feet as 50% damage reduction is useless in this games scaling. This does belong more on the trinity changes article though so i will stop here.

You're not getting it: Trinity is the same frame as before. BLESSING IS THE SAME EXACT ABILITY AND FUNCTION.

Mag is a totally new frame with these changes. Complete build change from abilities to mod loadout. She's no longer a burst DPS frame.

Changing a frame/class this radically isn't done. A new frame/class is made instead.

1 minute ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

You're not getting it: Trinity is the same frame as before. BLESSING IS THE SAME EXACT ABILITY AND FUNCTION.

Mag is a totally new frame with these changes. Complete build change from abilities to mod loadout. She's no longer a burst DPS frame.

Changing a frame/class this radically isn't done. A new frame/class is made instead.

Trinity is inherently easier to kill now as blessings normal potential in groups is fractional to before making your entire team more vulnerable. But I understand your point with mag. She was certainly full burst damage instead of this mixed bag she is now.

1 minute ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

<-- Trinity Blessing discussion is that away.

--> This is the Mag complete build "rework" thread.

If you read my comment a few back This is exactly what I said and that I was stopping with the topic in this thread. Im already on trin thread as well.

Alright, tested some more, this new mag is growing on me, her 2 need more testing but is definitely fun to use and should make some weapon viable in sorties with only medium mods, her 3 is still a great debuff / buff with augment, her 1 still is a great CC, i didn't use her ultimate much and i still don't like it anyway, too much time in animation. Like Saryn, she should get a base energy buff.

I'm glad they reworked her, i really feel like i'm playing a magnetic frame not a boring nuke frame, though i understand what the cheese users miss. 

Just now, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

If you read my comment a few back This is exactly what I said and that I was stopping with the topic in this thread. Im already on trin thread as well.

I read a lot of sour grapes from Trinity lovers complete with kiddie antics (they must be lonely).

I'm here as most of my play time has been with Mag, as 90% of over 1000hrs is on her (and least faction I used her on has been Corpus even). I don't make 22 frames to try like underwear, I specialize in the frame I like to play.

It's funny, in that the reactions we're seeing here are basically the same as when the Saryn rework was first released.  Admittedly, that took a little bit of tweaking too, but basically you're turning Mag from a one-trick pony (Mag using Shield Polarize, Saryn using Miasma) into something with wider utility and spreading her damage out.  I mean, you now have a MUCH better reason to use Magnetize and Polarize now.  Even Pull giving a chance for dropped energy is good.

People are upset because their glorious Corpus-Slayer no longer exists, and now you actually have to choose what stats to emphasize, or go for a more well-rounded build.  Boo hoo, deal with it.

3 minutes ago, RiouHotaru said:

People are upset because their glorious Corpus-Slayer no longer exists

Maybe to others, but others picked Mag long before they knew OF Corpus, and because she's an AoE burst DPS class -- a rarity in MMOs these days. RIFT has a build that was close to it, why I took a shine to that type of DPS. Zip zilch to do with Corpus to me, it's AoE burst (which is why I dislike the changes, Mag is no longer burst DPS).

How did someone came to the conclusion that using FIXED stats for buffing/nerfing related stuff in a game that scales EXPONENTIALLY is GOOD? Is that person at least looking for another job already? More expensive, slower, no scalling, and Crush is still TERRIBLE.

6 hours ago, Neptlude said:

Just a reminder, they made the changes to mag, to pull her out of corpus only `-`

And really 1 shotting a whole horde of corpus with 1 button is really overpowered...

Sorry, I don't find the part from your comment where you show everyone how wrong we are and polarize is not a terrible ability now, how is making useless something that was OP a good thing, Does such transition even makes sense to you? One thing is a nerf, but they took time and effort into effing up an ability instead of properly balancing it.

16 minutes ago, RiouHotaru said:

But the burst DPS was only good against shields.  Which means Corpus.  Now she's actually decent against armored targets (aka everything else)

No she isn't, stop spreading misinformation, both, the shield and armor nerfs are nefarious and become virtually insignificant pretty early. Would you change a Ferrari for a bike and a beattle because you now have TWO types of vehicle instead of ONE? Jesus this is a 1+1 type of problem I don't get how are there people defending it.

Just now, PersonalYisus said:

No she isn't, stop spreading misinformation, both, the shield and armor nerfs are nefarious and become virtually insignificant pretty early. Would you change a Ferrari for a bike and a beattle because you now have TWO types of vehicle instead of ONE? Jesus this is a 1+1 type of problem I don't get how are there people defending it.

Not really?  The armor penalty is permanent and stacks with itself.  Magnetize is now infinitely superior to Bullet Attractor, and now synergizes with Polarize.

This is exactly like Saryn's rework.  Saryn went from one-trick pony to one of the best frames in the game, Mag is now useful across a much wider variety of content.

16 minutes ago, RiouHotaru said:

But the burst DPS was only good against shields.  Which means Corpus.  Now she's actually decent against armored targets (aka everything else)

When Mag FINALLY got to Corpus to find out. Earth (starting zone) isn't Corpus. Corpus came much later, and that was a shock, after a long time with Grineer.

Spent my time smiting Infested, instead (that dropped the missing mods ... Corpus is very stingy! ... to battle them [but by then I simply wanted to kill Infested]). She simply killed them from far, far, f-a-r away!

Now with how her frame is "reworked" if the Tonkor is as "reworked" as this, she's going into stasis. No burst anywhere including the weapon.

So before I begin the process of crying myself to sleep, just wanted to echo what pretty much every other person has said on this thread.

mag rework is horrible!!

If your killing more lvl 12 corpus with 'pull' then 'shield polarize', something is wrong...seriously wrong. To make things more depressing this nerf is released the same day as some awesome looking tennogen skins for her?? change her back DE for the love of god change her back.

this is a bad dream, i must be having a bad dream.