Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

I am running my build at 200% powerstrength which used to be a full shield depletion, 235% range, and 67% duration. its enough duration to see what the wave does and enough range to get the individual explosions to do something. lvl 40 die but lvl 125 dont even loose health. the armored enemies just loose all armor and no significant damage. everything they said about mag polarize was a lie or its bugged so bat that the enemy health modifyer isnt working.

Scott.... Just sigh. A little too heavy handed on taking away the % scaling of polarize. That was Mag's niche and you just brutally killed it for whatever reason. I don't even play Mag and I feel violated a bit.

Edited by Sirabot

RIP Mag, Bane of Corpus.

All hail Mag, Bane of Everything.

Did all of you just take your old builds with total dump stat duration and expect to hit Polarize to nuke the map like the old days? Well, I've got some news for you: You may perhaps be doing it wrong.

Build some Duration for once in your lives. Don't expect pushing one button to do all the work for you. Have you even tried learning how her new abilities work? Have you perhaps noticed that Magnetize sets up four giant, bullet-blocking, enemy-shredding orbs that direct everything you fire at them straight into enemy faces? Have you perhaps observed that Polarize, while no longer oneshotting enemies forever, rips off defenses so you can pour bullets into faces several times more effectively (while also probably blasting them just hard enough to require significantly less bullet on average)? Also, you know, its armor strip is actually permanent. As in 'hello, red bars, it's been a while' permanent. Bring a gun with mag procs, and another gun with viral/heat or something, and laugh.

There is something useless here, and it's the old Press 2 to Win build. It isn't Mag. Unless you're one of those people who think spawning the full amount of max level Corrupted Gunners (with an ancient to buff them all), or rating everything for 60 minutes T4 Survival solo, is a realistic and scientific benchmark.

2 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

I am running my build at 200% powerstrength which used to be a full shield depletion, 235% range, and 67% duration. its enough duration to see what the wave does and enough range to get the individual explosions to do something. lvl 40 die but lvl 125 dont even loose health. the armored enemies just loose all armor and no significant damage. everything they said about mag polarize was a lie or its bugged so bat that the enemy health modifyer isnt working.

Wait a second. Did you just say they 'just' lose all armor? Lose all armor? Uh... really? That's insignificant? Welp.

I guess people just love Press [Nuke Button] to Win too much.

Still groggy, but it looks like her insane scaling on a single ability was swapped out for flat scaling on multiple abilities, so technically her damage was just redistributed across her kit to reduce ability spam.

Question though, does anyone know if her now scaling damage multiplier on Bullet Attractor/Magnetize affects ability damage? Since that might make a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

OR instead of such an assinine reaction, since y'know she had other aspects of her buffed, we could tell DE to make the damage being percentage based again instead.

BAM Mag keeps her buffs and Polarize is still good.

u didn´t read my post , did u?

7 minutes ago, -Vernoc- said:

.. Imo the rework should be removed at all or get changed to deal % dmg and not fix numbers.

Just now, Ketec said:

Trying to mod her - it now needs efficiency, range, power and duration - all 4 and they all conflict and nerf each other.

Yeah it's pretty bad. How did ANY of this get through testing.

Just now, hazerddex said:

oh look its the press 1 button to win mentality again did any of you try combos :O

yes i paired polarize with mangetize and still had no results. Also no i didnt totaly dump duration, i still have 67% which is enough to use.

3 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

OR instead of such an assinine reaction, since y'know she had other aspects of her buffed, we could tell DE to make the damage being percentage based again instead.

BAM Mag keeps her buffs and Polarize is still good.

Read the post Grand Master. "Or get changed to deal % dmg and not fix numbers."

Edited by Multicom-EN-

2 minutes ago, PhiZero said:

Still groggy, but it looks like her insane scaling on a single ability was swapped out for flat scaling on multiple abilities, so technically her damage was just redistributed across her kit to reduce ability spam.

Question though, does anyone know if her now scaling damage multiplier on Bullet Attractor/Magnetize affects ability damage? Since that might make a huge difference.

ill test it out

Edited by hazerddex

4 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

^

THIS

2 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

RIP Mag, Bane of Corpus.

All hail Mag, Bane of Everything.

Did all of you just take your old builds with total dump stat duration and expect to hit Polarize to nuke the map like the old days? Well, I've got some news for you: You may perhaps be doing it wrong.

Build some Duration for once in your lives. Don't expect pushing one button to do all the work for you. Have you even tried learning how her new abilities work? Have you perhaps noticed that Magnetize sets up four giant, bullet-blocking, enemy-shredding orbs that direct everything you fire at them straight into enemy faces? Have you perhaps observed that Polarize, while no longer oneshotting enemies forever, rips off defenses so you can pour bullets into faces several times more effectively (while also probably blasting them just hard enough to require significantly less bullet on average)? Also, you know, its armor strip is actually permanent. As in 'hello, red bars, it's been a while' permanent. Bring a gun with mag procs, and another gun with viral/heat or something, and laugh.

There is something useless here, and it's the old Press 2 to Win build. It isn't Mag. Unless you're one of those people who think spawning the full amount of max level Corrupted Gunners (with an ancient to buff them all), or rating everything for 60 minutes T4 Survival solo, is a realistic and scientific benchmark.

Wait a second. Did you just say they 'just' lose all armor? Lose all armor? Uh... really? That's insignificant? Welp.

I guess people just love Press [Nuke Button] to Win too much.

You mean you are perfectly fine that they flipped her usefulness to another faction and that what they stated wasn't what was implimented?

As for Magnetize I say it's about time. 3+years of asking exactly of this. 

Combos take extra time, additional energy, and with the new setup force a four stat dependence... y'know like how Ember had problems for a long long time because you can't build for decent power on anything. For sub-par payout because of what they did.

Oh look DE #*($%%@ up again. So I tried a nice duration build like I figured it needed and enemies above level 55 aren't killed by her 3 and it doesn't really touch there health. Sure I can magnetize enemies, but the damage boost to crush is negligible at that level. Her 2 ability is nice, but it only affects one enemy. Tried the armor strippin ability of her three and oh god it sucks. It takes 2-3 casts to fully strip armor of a level 55 enemy. I'd reckon to say that it takes more casts for more levels. Time to offset some damage for better eff and see how that goes. RIP last use for Blind Rage.

Okay so I removed Blind rage and it took 8 casts to strip armor from level 55 heavy gunners. All and all Mag has turned out worse with this update. Her combos just don't work on stronger enemies. She is now a low level frame again. GG DE if you guys knew how to properly balance we might have a more positive relationship. With 185 power strength shield polarize hits enemies for an outstanding 600 damage woooo!!!

Edited by Silverton