Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

Just now, -Vernoc- said:

u didn´t read my post , did u?

It seems that you're the one who didn't read. Your complaint is about polarize, but you want to take back everything just for it, completely disergarding the changes to her other abilities, not big changes but buffs nonetheless.

So instead of taking away the better form of the rest of her kit for one ability why not just ask to change back the scaling of Polarize instead? Wanting to roll everything back, when you ask them to make a change anyways, is a rather kneejerk reaction while the more logical solution is to simply ask them to give back a proper scaling, since Polarize is all you're complaining about.

I tried to mod mag polarize - nothing works.

It is expensive, very short range, limited damage AND it leaves too many corpus alive - the environment blocks the shield explosion now.

i used it in the middle of lvl 8 corpus , in a room - half of them were still alive.

I haven't gotten home to try yet, but...

I assume the reason why Polarize isn't killing anything is because shields previously all popped simultaneously. Now that it's a moving wave, the first enemy it hits will pop, depleting the shields of enemies around it, leaving no shields left to pop when the wave reaches them.

Just now, RahuHordika said:

So just to make it clear, Polarize is the only thing in her kit that is considered worse after this, right? Not saying it's in a good spot but that's all I see people complaining about.

Crush seems to have improved if anything. On the edge about Magnetise and Pull has stayed the same.

and if anyone says my duration isnt enough, i could see the wave reaching the enemyies, i know that magnetize(new bullet attractor) has 10 seconds of duration which is enough for damage and cc testing. still no good results on high level are comming from what im seeing.

2 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

It seems that you're the one who didn't read. Your complaint is about polarize, but you want to take back everything just for it, completely disergarding the changes to her other abilities, not big changes but buffs nonetheless.

So instead of taking away the better form of the rest of her kit for one ability why not just ask to change back the scaling of Polarize instead? Wanting to roll everything back, when you ask them to make a change anyways, is a rather kneejerk reaction while the more logical solution is to simply ask them to give back a proper scaling, since Polarize is all you're complaining about.

the problem is that all the changes are only interesting for low lv imo

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I had a thought. What IF you somehow combined these powers with some sort of projectile weapon or blunt object. Crazy right?

Oop. Someone said it.

5 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

^

You mean you are perfectly fine that they flipped her usefulness to another faction and that what they stated wasn't what was implimented?

As for Magnetize I say it's about time. 3+years of asking exactly of this. 

How is she not useful against Corpus? Does she need to vaporize a faction instantly to be useful against it? You have two guns and a melee weapon, her kit makes enemies exceptionally vulnerable to two guns and a melee weapon, math.

Just now, RahuHordika said:

Yet you're still asking to take away all the buffs to the rest of her kit when you could simply just ask DE to change Polarize back to a percentage based scaling instead.

...Which is what he also did.  "Or get changed to deal % dmg and not fix numbers."

1 minute ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Oop. Someone said it.

How is she not useful against Corpus? Does she need to vaporize a faction instantly to be useful against it? You have two guns and a melee weapon, her kit makes enemies exceptionally vulnerable to two guns and a melee weapon, math.

She isnt useful against corpus because she cannot even remove all their shields anymore. her only use right now is cc and armor strip both of which are done better through other means.

Didn't bother testing the rest - but crush is only stronger if you have mag procs on enemy (and someone was talking about it being a fixed dmg value, not scaling).

2 is a crappy vauban imitation with some damage.

I don't see any real use for mag right now besides messing around in med-low missions.

Polarize needs to drop range mod requirement - let duration dictate how far it goes.

Edited by Ketec

The old Polarize had it's damage scale, and you got good AoE damage.  What is the point of stripping the shields of a dozen prod crewman if it doesn't damage their health?  I was only able to use Shield polarize to kill with a group of shield ospreys packed together.

Good work DE, you just nerfed mag so that no one wants to play her anymore.  i was hoping for shield polarize to work on armor... but no had to nerf it against shields to

also it sounds like she farts now when she does bullet jumping

1 minute ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Oop. Someone said it.

Brain much? Usefulness does not mean utter trash when flipped. She still had use against Grineer before this update. 

3 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Crush seems to have improved if anything. On the edge about Magnetise and Pull has stayed the same.

I mean this speaks volumes about all these supposed mag supporters or Mag herself if everyone is claiming she is ruined because of one ability underperforming.

I see that her other abilities were meant to work in tandem though, still however I can agree on returning the scaling back to being based on percentage instead.

Polarize & Magnetize Duration are too Short.. 

i hope they increased the Duration... 5 & 10 second are not enough...

and The Magnetize Bubble.. Gosh.. It So Small.. Even Nullifier Bubble Look Big than Than Mag Magnetize Bubble..

and i'm using 183% Duration/145% Range/130 Eff/145 Str

Edited by Blood_Poppy