Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

Just now, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Oh lord what. Please tell me this is a joke. High level grineer missions are chock full of enemies with alloy armor.

It prolly works on alloy armor too. Forgot about that one. Still, same result with 4x CP.

6 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Im looking at 5 digit damage numbers with magnetize and polarize synergy against corrupted at 100% pwr strength.

'Useless'

The idea of the rework was to make her useful outside of corpus and theyve done a damn good job at it. Maybe actually try pressing more than one button, people?

I just tried to replicate what you said and nothing dies no matter how i applied magnetize and polarize. trying at lvl 125 enemies.

Edited by Kurayami_No_Yenshi

8 minutes ago, Husla said:

Mag against Grineer.. Wow. Im seriously suprised how good she is against them now.

yeah , u can remove now the enemy armor ( what you also can do with 3-4 cp´s), wast a whole frame slot in the team for it, and then u still have to fight the enemy :/

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

Get shards in magnetize and wait for it to blow

magnetize has like a 15 second duration. waiting 15 seconds for killing 1 group with set up TOO? saryn is far better for all factions.

2 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

I just tried to replicate what you said and nothing dies no matter how i applied magnetize and polarize. trying at lvl 125 enemies.

STOP "TESTING" ON LEVEL 125 SIMULACRUM ENEMIES AND CLAIMING IT'S UNDERPOWERED. IT IS NOT A REALISTIC SITUATION. STOP.

2 minutes ago, -Vernoc- said:

yeah , u can remove now the enemy armor ( what you also can do with 3-4 cp´s), wast a whole frame slot in the team for it, and then u still have to fight the enemy :/

Oh, that explains it. You don't want to have to fight the enemies, is where you're coming from. You don't want to be able to slot other auras, either.

Yes, now I understand what people expect when they rage about this rework.

I am not a very experienced player, but I am around for a long time already. I started out with Mag, she was my favourite frame due to her concept even when I was a noob without minmaxed equipment. 

She was very situational, but I liked being able to be useful in high-level missions. You still had to deal with nullifiers, think when to cast her ability and when to wait for more enemies to come, etc, so it was actually interesting, and there were (and are) a lot more unbalanced frames, also with infinite scaling or just powerful enough to be strong against level 150 units. Moreover, there was no thing as "trash-tier" frame, every experienced player was always saying that everything depends on the situation and proper build/usage.

Her other abilities actually had a use too. A good thing was that even without a build (while still a noob with no mods) you could make use of her abilities, but even more situationally. Like use Pull to stagger, Bullet Attractor to kill a tanky target, etc. 

Now you can't. Now welcome the New Mag, the first trash-tier frame in the game, at least since like spring 2015. Useless for everything. Hope someone reads this. Even Oberon isn't that bad and actually playable if you like the concept, Mag is not.

The worst thing is that even though I want this update reversed, I actually pretty much believe that it is not going to happen. But can I still hope?..

Best regards,

a Mag fan.

rz4GEXB.jpg 

vt3QehZ.jpg 

A8OUBeF.jpg There is a little story behind that plot, read it if you want. :3 

My girlfriend couldn't pass the last part of the Vor's Prize quest and died so many times to him, watching the cutscene with Vor saying "What a waste..." hundreds of times and taking hundreds of attempts to kill him... I was watching her, occasionally giving her some advice, but in order to get it less boring, I started to parody it and play with the phrase, claiming that Captain Vor just praises Mag’s waist. Which resulted in “What a waist!” being our catchphrase now. As the box was primarily a present for me, it’s on the box. :) 

Edited by Baskakov_Dima
Punctuation, added a pic.

Just now, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

magnetize has like a 15 second duration. waiting 15 seconds for killing 1 group with set up TOO? saryn is far better for all factions.

Adjust your builds then. Range and Duration are ridiculously good on it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

lol, 4 corrosive projections. If the recent additions of Warframes that have armor stripping abilities weren't a red flag that they plan on removing it eventually, I don't know what is.

Welp, until they do it's still in the game. Don't see a point balancing warframes around stuff that's still not there(or in this case, still here). Just causes more confusion and hate. 

1 minute ago, FelisImpurrator said:

STOP "TESTING" ON LEVEL 125 SIMULACRUM ENEMIES AND CLAIMING IT'S UNDERPOWERED. IT IS NOT A REALISTIC SITUATION. STOP.

Oh, that explains it. You don't want to have to fight the enemies, is where you're coming from. You don't want to be able to slot other auras, either.

saying lvl 125 isnt realistic, have you ever been on a survival past 60 mins? not realistic? well they show up there. and i was using enemies of all kinds. still useless.

1 minute ago, FelisImpurrator said:

for people which test it against lvl 125 enemies it is realistic cause we play much higher then just lv 125

1 minute ago, Kanlor said:

I find it intresting that they made Polarise more of a debuff then a dmging ability. Will need some time to get use to.

IF she's a CC class, they need to rework her concept, as she has little to survive with (CCers trade damage for more get out of Dodge abilities).

She's an AoE Arcane Mage in concept, but with no survival abilities (no Iceblock; no Invisibility; no Blink). An Arcane Mage in WotLK could survive better (when they had no self-healing) and still damage.

Any DoT any high damage, if she doesn't have a clear nuke, she's dead.

Few want someone dying all the time in groups, as they'll trade someone with "meh" DPS so they won't have to stop to revive so much.

She needs one nuke that she'll be known for, and one the others will say, "Yay, we have a Mag!".

(That can be said of ANY frame in WF, too).

A signature ability that defines the frame.

2 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Adjust your builds then. Range and Duration are ridiculously good on it.

the magnetize doesnt explode untill its full duration expires, from what im hearing you say, you are waiting like 20 to 30 seconds fot it to explode after getting shards from polarize in it. they far too long for 1 group. inform me if im understanding this wrong.

Her shield polarize no longer does damage based off of a multiplier on the amount of shields removed. Before if the enemy had 100 shields, she would do 250 damage in an aoe. Now if the enemy has 1000 shields, she does 400 damage to the shields, and 400 in an aoe.  

This is quite possibly the largest ability nerf I've seen in a game. Add back in the full shield drain, and damage ratio, and the ability would be still nerfed (due to expanding waves of damage removing shields), but much better than it is now. 

Just now, Multicom-EN- said:

So Mag can now completely strip armor in one cast with the proper build, but she sucks vs Corpus. Ok................

like i sayed bevore:

8 minutes ago, -Vernoc- said:

3 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

You're joking right? Tell me what kind of enemies do we face in the 3rd sortie missions? T4 survivals past 60mins? You want to balance this game around the chart system, and people are waaaay past that and who can blame em? DE is pushing those high level missions onto us, or hiding S#&$ behind 5% drop chances. To effectively use your keys you have to use them the best you can.

Just now, -Vernoc- said:

like i sayed bevore:

in addition to being something you can PASSIVELY do with 4CP it doesnt do any significant damage at lvl 80 which is sortie and raid lvl.