Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

I used to be able to take volt into corpus sorties and keep up damage wise with the old mag. Now I can't even clear a room in a t2-t3 tower with his ult ;/

Please tell me i'm not the only one.

=======

13 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

All related Volt rework threads will be merged here. Please discuss his changes respectfully and be constructive in your feedback after testing him out. 

Volt Changes
•    Speed: Speed most noticeably has had its FOV reduced on cast, which should help with motion sickness complaints. Other players in range now get to 'opt-in' to Volt's Speed buff, by activating a pickup that Volt leaves behind on cast. This activation occurs on contact.
•    Electric Shield: Electric Shield has received a graphic overhaul to improve the look of casting, ambient effects, and its effect on projectiles that pass through. Shield now offers strong synergies if Shock is cast through it – it charges the shield with Electric damage which will hurt enemies that come in contact. As a late-addition driven by player demand, Shield can now be picked up with a context action which limits weapon usage and drains energy.
•    Overload, now called 'Discharge'. Discharge still spreads out from Volt in a wave, and enemies who come into contact are turned into stationary 'Tesla Coils' that arc and zap nearby enemies in range. Damage is dealt to the enemy-turned- Tesla Coil and its targets. Loot crates can also be turned into Coils, but they only have one charge. Casting Shock on Tesla Coil causes an AOE burst.
•    The Capacitance Discharge Augment has been balanced to reflect Discharge’s new changes. The balanced Shield Bonus given is now 1.5/2/2.5/3%. 

Looking at the changes to Mag and Volt reminds me of how they wrecked my Saryn. It really seems like they're spreading the exact same basic mechanics to different frames with only a mild difference in flavor, without concern to the "role" those frames play or even regard to whether other frames with the same abilities can do more or better (Nova, the ultimate nuker with powerful CC, comes to mind when comparing these 3.)

Now, if this is the direction that DE is going for for all frames, I would understand and tolerate it as a universal nerf, but the problem is they are nerfing the weakest tiered frames firstand this makes absolutely no sense by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Exodess

This seriously sucks so much.... the range is AWFUL.... The damage is okay with duration... but not what it used to be

I could cast my ult before have everything cc'd and taking TONS of constant damage from the lights it always looked so cool.... Whilst spamming my shock... now it's just.... Wow DE I loved Volt so much I went Prime access for him. There was nothing like running through with all the electricity zapping crap going room to room at high speed buffing the whole team in a great range.... He can't even do that anymore... Volt is TRASH now.

He's horrible.... I wish I could say I was overreacting.

I'm so upset right now... Please just give me back the old volt.... Keep the shield, bring back the range and bring back the lights turnining into a constant damage source because he's far worse than before.

Edited by Satinpuppies

Just now, Gilmaesh said:

what about the speed thing, i don't quite get the volt will drop something that other players need to take to gain the volt speed.

When Volt casts Speed, he will drop an icon similar to the Focus pickup, and then the team-mate will then have speed. Though what they are gonna do when they are ahead of Volt? What they should do with it is even if they keep the way it works right now, at least make it recast-able. So even if your teammates dont get the drop behind them, if you Speed ahead of them, recast it then they will not need to go back for it. And at least let us mod Shock for something, like for strength will up the amount of enemies shocked.

Does DE even play volt? because he was right up there with mag in corpus missions. Often I did MORE damage than mag who was just running around pressing 3 i'd be shooting spamming speed, hitting shock to stun when necessary do extra damage on top of my shots and occasionally casting the ult for sustained damage into the next room.

Now I cast my ult and watch the enemies a few feet away from me dance and BARELY arc anything.

Just now, Kyrak_Drakhar said:

When Volt casts Speed, he will drop an icon similar to the Focus pickup, and then the team-mate will then have speed. Though what they are gonna do when they are ahead of Volt? What they should do with it is even if they keep the way it works right now, at least make it recast-able. So even if your teammates dont get the drop behind them, if you Speed ahead of them, recast it then they will not need to go back for it. And at least let us mod Shock for something, like for strength will up the amount of enemies shocked.

hum, that feels like quite the unfriendly coop use.

And let me guess, they gave that drop the same range as that focus convergence thing... (which remind me every time i pick it why i use a carrier )

Overload- sorry, Discharge is just an AOE stun.

Corrupted bombards in a mission with tower II levels of health and armor don't even take noticeable damage from it. Volt, the "potent alternative to gunplay", now has ONE offensive ability (shock), and it's too weak to use as anything other than a stun. Incredible.

1 minute ago, Aeriax said:

Overload- sorry, Discharge is just an AOE stun.

Corrupted bombards in a mission with tower II levels of health and armor don't even take noticeable damage from it. Volt, the "potent alternative to gunplay", now has ONE offensive ability (shock), and it's too weak to use as anything other than a stun. Incredible.

This needs to be changed NOW. This is crap. Sorry for my crappy attitude BUT DE DID YOU EVEN PLAY VOLT BEFORE? Because this is just... sad.

Edited by Satinpuppies

Honestly the pick up thing was a dumb idea, they need to make speed have an 'opt out' promt with the action button (x) or something, same with Limbo's Banish (tying a deactivation to a base and even instinctive movement mechanic is rather bad, IMO).

I just tested Discharge on lvl 25 corpus, after the initial burst it didn't even get rid of their shields, then when they themselves started to take dmg, it only got rid of a 1/3-1/2 of their health. It took three ticks of dmg on a LVL 25 corpus to kill them with an ULTIMATE power, they really need to up the dmg for it. I used Shock on an enemy right after and it did about the same dmg. One Shock knocked down their shields and a little health, then another one to kill em.

17 minutes ago, Satinpuppies said:

This needs to be changed NOW. This is crap. Sorry for my crappy attitude BUT DE DID YOU EVEN PLAY VOLT BEFORE? Because this is just... sad.

They do test it, but when they do they usually use dev builds that give infinite energy and health.

And here itis gentlemen, as many of US were discussing on Volt rework threads. Volt is dead and buried. DE, please leave Inaros untouched, I'll be playing him for the next couple of months. Give me at least that.

The fact is that the whole rework idea, excepto for the 4th, is plain terrible. But since EVERYTHING had to be terrible they nerfed Discharge so hard that it Goes along with his kit, directly to the never player again session of my arsenal.

28 minutes ago, Gilmaesh said:

what about the speed thing, i don't quite get the volt will drop something that other players need to take to gain the volt speed.

Because quite a few of us dislike being forced to run at Volt's speed when Volt player chooses to. They did what we were asking for: made it an option and it's the best thing they did to Volt.

33 minutes ago, Exodess said:

Looking at the changes to Mag and Volt reminds me of how they wrecked my Saryn

Riiiight, because Saryn is totally not one of the highest damage frames now.

1. Shock really needed some love here. It's still considerably lacking for any sort of legitimate enemies. The CC remains handy but the damage and desire to eradicate my enemies with unlimited power remains fairly unsated. Have this ability gain a free jump every single time it contacts an enemy that's been charged by the ulti and that could be fairly amusing. Or let it scale from electrical damage mods on any weapon. SOMETHING to let it be useful beyond level 17 enemies in T2 survival.

2. Speed! Nice, now I reload faster and the FoV problem is gone. 10/10 will press "2" again.

3. Shield! Again. Awesome new graphics and utility action. However, removing primary weapons, slowing you down, having a duration and perpetually energy drain feels like waaay too many handicaps for frontal arc immunity. I would highly suggest removing the slow down. Yes, I know "2" can help you overcome it, but it feels a little over punishing for the fun of this ability. Being able to charge the shield with shock seems fairly inconsequential. I'll have to see if I convince more people to get that close to the shield without be putting down. EDIT It's fairly inconsequential. Instead of the paltry damage, shocking the shield should refresh it's duration.

4. I am...generally not really impressed with the changes to Volt Ulti. It needs to tick faster first off and there needs to be some sort of visual disturbance in the area it was cast beyond just the twitching enemies. Rawr1254 brings up an excellent point: The issues of vulnerability when activating Volts ultimate completely remain. The animation is slow and requires you be stationary on the ground.

Brand new passive! Neat as hell BUT the damage discharge needs to stop being used when I break open containers.

It would also be really nice to know how the passive interacts with abilities. Does it add raw damage to be multiplied by mods? Does it add damage after all other calculations? Does it add power strength to abilities instead of a raw number?

Overall, Volt is better and his shield looks to be one of the most fun abilities in Warframe! *CoughGRAKATASCough*

Edited by Sorkheff
Volt Ultimate Animations

3 minutes ago, Lijka said:

Because quite a few of us dislike being forced to run at Volt's speed when Volt player chooses to. They did what we were asking for: made it an option and it's the best thing they did to Volt.

The mistake was in it's implementation however, making it pickups seems very innecifient in teamplay, expecially if Volt is the one behind everyone else.

There should be an opt out promt instead that could be used for other situationally undesired power effects such as Limbo's Banish (again, a roll to deactivate is very inconvenient).

------

On a side note, it is rather sad to see Shock untouched.... I mean it serves as a 3 second stunf but that's it.... the damage falls off quickly and while the interaction with the other powers is neat it still feels like it should do a little bit more.

Maybe electrical damage needs a rework to, how with interacts with that tyoe of resitances and it's effects as just stun seems a bit redundant with explosive and fire procs existing.

Edited by RahuHordika

I am ok with the way Speed works, with the drop, but they NEED to make it recastable, its one of the things that we have been asking for for a while now. When im in the middle of melee combat i dont want to have to stop, cast, then start melee again. It breaks the flow of combat.

Volt Riot Shield just SUCKS

it drains waaaay too much energy for its effect

atm its pretty much pick up shield to handicap urself

energy drain per second and per meters moved

movement is slowed down i have no idea why ,for example why rhino is not slower while under iron skin?

weapon limitation

energy drain ability that disable energy gain from any other sources than energy orbs

for what?

a small frontal protection from projectiles rofl

also why overload cannot be used in the air anymore?

Edited by Dante123pl

Just now, RahuHordika said:

The mistake was in it's implementation however, making it pickups seems very innecifient in teamplay, expecially if Volt is the one behind everyone else.

There should be an opt out promt instead that could be used for other situationally undesired power effects such as Limbo's Banish (again, a roll to deactivate is very inconvenient).

Agreed! Implementation could be better but I'd rather it this way than what it used to be. If Volt is the one behind, then he will quickly catch up, nullyfying the problem, no? :)

3 minutes ago, Kyrak_Drakhar said:

I am ok with the way Speed works, with the drop, but they NEED to make it recastable, its one of the things that we have been asking for for a while now. When im in the middle of melee combat i dont want to have to stop, cast, then start melee again. It breaks the flow of combat.

speed doesn't have a recast delay now