Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

2 hours ago, Cryone said:

The problem is that for Mag DE's at least trying to do something, yeah, alot of time, but still, they attempts to rework Mag's abilities means something. Honestly I'm not a great fan of Mag, but as much as I know, she has almost the same Volt's problem with her 4. It's not viable, it's slow, it does less damage, and has almost insignificant CC effect, and there's more, it's outdated. Don't get me wrong, but Mag's Pull has much much better instant CC effect then her slow ulty (remind someone?). Yeah, with the recent revisiting they made Crash more faster, but.... i don't know for sure how'll it be. Not gonna speak about Magnetize and Shield Polarize (last one will have weapon disruption mechanics for 4 seconds).... Honestly, Mag and Volt suffering from slow gameplay, because of they squishyness. In my oppinion to make raise up their survivability we need to wait untill Shield Gating Mechanics release, so after that maybe, just maybe Volt and Mag will shine with their overshields. Until then, keep posting some ideas, some updates on the situation etc.

With respect, I don't believe that's a good comparison.  Discharge builds work.  They're not always great, but they do actually function.  There is NO WAY to build Crush into a working ability right now.

Mag REQUIRES Natural Talent in order to cast Crush without dying during the animation (at least on higher levels, like 30 or so*).  The ability does pathetic Magnetic damage.  The enemies affected aren't CC'd for long enough to justify the cost.

Even with his many issues, I'd argue that Volt is better off than Mag when it comes to 4th abilities.

*Calling level 30 "higher level" is deliberate sarcasm.

16 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

I wish I wrong about it. I have straight feeling that after the rework released nothing will change at all, even w/o damage cap, we still have distance CC reduction on, so, we kinda have common situation, but a bit different cast/mechanics usage. Same unusable damage type to damage dealing, reduced CC effects, same squishyness etc. I'm not telling that Mag and Volt (they 4th's) are the same, they sharing (almost) the same problems.

Edited by Cryone

On 5/28/2016 at 1:07 AM, RahuHordika said:

Honestly the pick up thing was a dumb idea, they need to make speed have an 'opt out' promt with the action button (x) or something, same with Limbo's Banish (tying a deactivation to a base and even instinctive movement mechanic is rather bad, IMO).

Rolling out of speed would be great for players and won't be something new to them.,especially the ones who do it anyway when trolled constantly by Limbo.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

22.12.0 Update for Volt:

Discharge is now slightly stronger out the gate but weaker overall and less natural duration on CC which means less overall duration since mods are multiplicative. It's a less endgame viable version of Nezha's Spears.

Come on guys, why are you striving to lower the bar down on a frame that set the bar on actually being balanced?

15 minutes ago, Funcooker said:

Discharge got nerfed HARD. Duration cut in half and the damage is a fraction of what it was. I'd rather have the damage cap back than this.

Another quality frame balance by DE... it's always either OP or nerfed, never in between. 

I'm of the same view as above, this current rework has actually made him worse, can we go back to the one before this.

I said in the original changes thread that I'd didn't see a reason for damage fall off, or duration for that matter, this has just proven that it's a really bad idea for volts discharge.

14 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Welp, guess that's that.

Speed is the only thing Volt can do.  Loss of late-game means he's dead.  Again.

I suppose you could include Eidolons with a shield build... but yeah no longer late game due to lack of cc (ironically the same issue that ember now has too)

1 hour ago, TheLocalHentai said:

22.12.0 Update for Volt:

Discharge is now slightly stronger out the gate but weaker overall and less natural duration on CC which means less overall duration since mods are multiplicative. It's a less endgame viable version of Nezha's Spears.

Come on guys, why are you striving to lower the bar down on a frame that set the bar on actually being balanced?

100 energy for a 6 second stun that does tickle damage and loses effectiveness at range. DIscharge is now directly inferior to comparable CC abilities like Rhino Stomp, Frost's Avalanche, and Nezha's Divine Spears in every way, none of which have any drawbacks.

Ok, this is my feedback.....i don't like it. I did a few runs at Hydron / Sedna and Discharge just couldn't make it. I had to do multiple castings (two to three) to achieve the same result i previously had with just one casting. If this is how things will be from now on, energy cost needs to be seriously reduced because honestly ,100 energy isn't justified for this ability, as is now. The damage falloff and general drop in Dps, was very noticeable regardless of distance from my frame and the short CC duration surprised me and not in a good way. Now i only have 133% duration since i've focused on efficiency but seriously, Discharge isn't even a shadow of its former self and Hydron is just a low/mid 30-40 level map, imagine how bad it'll be in endgame missions such as Sorties.

31 minutes ago, Funcooker said:

100 energy for a 6 second stun that does tickle damage and loses effectiveness at range. DIscharge is now directly inferior to comparable CC abilities like Rhino Stomp, Frost's Avalanche, and Nezha's Divine Spears in every way, none of which have any drawbacks.

Doesnt nezhas spears rquire you to decast it before a certain time or it will force stop you from whatever you were doing into a decast animation almost as frustrating as the teleportation animation from the grineer commander? Or did they fix that? Or is it just a skill thing?

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

16 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Doesnt nezhas spears rquire you to decast it before a certain time or it will force stop you from whatever you were doing into a decast animation almost as frustrating as the teleportation animation from the grineer commander? Or did they fix that? Or is it just a skill thing?

I think nezha does force decast animation either it running out of duration or manually doing it. Though as annoying it is, it's a short decast animation.

As for volt, changes I have't try it yet so I need to hold my opinion but from the look of the change, it look bad. Pretty soon, Volt will be the new Mag

Edited by Cara360

Just now, Cara360 said:

I think nezha does force decast animation either it running out of duration or manually doing it.

As for volt, changes I have't try it yet so I need to hold my opinion but from the look of the change, it look bad. Pretty soon, Volt will be the new Mag

Mag was always better than Volt.

I like it when feedback is taken into consideration, shame this wasn't the case.

Goddammit. How did this even happen, how are we not supposed to be salty about this?

Can this ability just go die, alone and unloved? Can we get something that actually fits Volt's role as a speed and gun amplification-oriented warframe in the first place?

I can't say i'm surprised, as usual DE disappoints my expectations... they removed part of the unbalanced limitations on discharge, only to actually nerf it more under the guise of a rework, no thank you DE

Also nice to know that any forum feedback is considered trash and that only reddit is taken in consideration.

14 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

LOOK, he's even closer to replace Volt!!!

9001d9ea20.jpg

You are right. This one is the better version of Volt (as always been). Waiting only on Deluxe skin release, because, you know, femboi things. 

And in addition: I've tried Min./Max. Discharge (max range/duration, or max. strenght builds (Arcane Storm Helmet inc.) and as far as i can confirm for me, it doesn't fit my playstyle anymore. Capacitance build not working properly, it means that i can't solo survival for 1h+ comfortably with my Volt, there's no panic button, no CC effect and it means that i can't SURVIVE long enough, it's pointless have no damage cap if Discharge not dealing damage. Bye, Volt! Until Damage 3.0 or Shield Gating.

Hope he'll comeback someday.

Edited by Cryone

Tried Volt a couple of time with his ult. I don't like it, not one bit. It actually ruin my Capacitance build before the update, I can't get a full overshield without spamming it couple of times what I can get the same results just one before.

This is a nerf, not a buff. Like what Redstoneman said, base the range on duration so that doesn't conflict his other build since 3 of his power are duration base. Since you guys like to do synergy, and if you do keep this change instead of reversing it, make Shock add couple of seconds to increase the duration or when using his ult behind the shields double the duration. These are suggestion to somewhat make it better, but I would rather have it reverse back before the update thank you.

Welp, after a few days with this change, I've found my Volt to be more spam-happy and less likely to survive than ever before.

Either I delete everything in 1 cast or they're likely going to kill me.  No in-between.

Capacitance does good work still, but shields are meaningless at higher levels, so I feel as if there's a level cap attached to my Warframe that wasn't there before.

Basically, it's back to turtling-up under Electric Shields and throwing mobility totally out the window again.

Fun fun...  So engaging that I fight nodding off at least as often as any other enemy, and that includes the dreaded ability timer boss.

Totally doesn't make Speed feel COMPLETELY out of place either.  Of course, people tend to build Speed over anything else, so this change did nothing so far as many of them are concerned.

DE, it's not a buff if it compels people to AVOID building for the ability that was tweaked, and it's not a good sign when the potential damage spikes this hard and players hate the skill MORE.

I'd recommend the timer before electrical burn starts be removed, the duration at range be bumped to a MINIMUM of 4 seconds, and some of the damage be adjusted to prevent the damage numbers from being so impossibly silly.

Seriously, it's SAD to hear "Volt isn't CC" and then see an enemy get caught in a damage-less 3-second stun because of positioning.

EDIT:  If you think that sounds harsh, you should have heard me earlier in the week.  This change has not "been generally well recieved".

Edited by Cytobel

1 hour ago, Cytobel said:

At least there's still hope that DE's read all thing been wrote. Personally, pretty tired spamming almost same obvious feedbacks about current Volt state, and the biggest impression, that I'm not alone to thinking about it. We'll see how it'll go. 

15 hours ago, Cryone said:

At least there's still hope that DE's read all thing been wrote. Personally, pretty tired spamming almost same obvious feedbacks about current Volt state, and the biggest impression, that I'm not alone to thinking about it. We'll see how it'll go. 

If anything, it'll be some changes for the capacitance players. And screw the rest.

Edited by giovanniluca