Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

On 2/8/2018 at 4:14 PM, Cytobel said:

With respect, I don't believe that's a good comparison.  Discharge builds work.  They're not always great, but they do actually function.  There is NO WAY to build Crush into a working ability right now.

Mag REQUIRES Natural Talent in order to cast Crush without dying during the animation (at least on higher levels, like 30 or so*).  The ability does pathetic Magnetic damage.  The enemies affected aren't CC'd for long enough to justify the cost.

Even with his many issues, I'd argue that Volt is better off than Mag when it comes to 4th abilities.

*Calling level 30 "higher level" is deliberate sarcasm.

Both mag and volt have garbage ults why are you comparing garbage to garbage? They both need better kits, move on 

16 hours ago, (XB1)CarpeNoctem365 said:

Essential? XD you could use that extra slot to bring an Oberón, harrow or another chroma. He gets replaced by t2 amps. 

He doubles the crit damage of the T2 amps, while simultaneously providing cover and greatly increasing the damage of everyone's guns.

16 hours ago, (XB1)CarpeNoctem365 said:

Both mag and volt have garbage ults why are you comparing garbage to garbage? They both need better kits, move on 

Now I feel silly for replying to you in the first place.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

REWORK! (NOT)

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.7

Additions:

• GPU particle hotness has been added to Volt’s Idle animation as noted here: 

But

Saryn Changes & Fixes:
Saryn Revisited continues!

Spoiler

•  
Edited by Cryone

• 4 weeks later...

2 years later and i still never see volt EVER since a couple months after the change just saying.

I used to play him regularly.

I just think it's funny that everyone was saying i was overreacting to the change and here we are 😄 No one plays him.

Edited by Satinpuppies

Volt is still not the "Alternative to Gunplay" he's advertised as.

Plus after memestrike got nerfed what's the point?

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Satinpuppies:

2 years later and i still never see volt EVER since a couple months after the change just saying.

I just think it's funny that everyone was saying i was overreacting to the change and here we are 😄 No one plays him.

Isn't he a mandatory frame for eidolon runs these days?

• Like 1

Just saying, i'm currently ranting in discord how they ruined and threw volt into the trash.

the words "i just wanna smash my controller/keyboard into my head until i'm dead when i think about when everyone said he needed to be changed' just came out of my mouth.

Then there were the people like HURR he's tanky now i'm like YOU BUILD HIM TANKY BECAUSE HE SUCKS AT EVERYTHING ELSE.
what frame isn't tanky as hell when you spec for tank. Even then it was just a augment that did that.

I'm still so triggered :c

Edited by Satinpuppies

Just now, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Because his quality of life is still S#&$.

His quality of life is great because he has so much win in his kit.

Nah, but seriously, the only quality of life issue I have with him and the other frames like him is that his 1st ability's augment (Shock Trooper) can be a pain to apply to a moving target. Maybe I need to git gud, but yall definitely need to git gud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

His quality of life is great because he has so much win in his kit.

Nah, but seriously, the only quality of life issue I have with him and the other frames like him is that his 1st ability's augment (Shock Trooper) can be a pain to apply to a moving target. Maybe I need to git gud, but yall definitely need to git gud.

His quality of life is horrendous. I have a whole list of changes in my bio from back when I still played him consistently and that's just the beginning of thing's he could use.

Edit: I won't deny he's powerful as #*!% part of the reason I stopped playing him as much he became to much of a press 4 to win and it felt really underwelming.

None the less his syngerys are practically no where near where they should be.

His one is weak as fück

And his passive is so reliant on proper aim I'd say it's "broken" and not in the good way.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

Hard to prove my side of things, when i can't even show you because he's gone rip.

I'd been playing volt for 2 and a half years before this rework even came in. I had a min max build for him that let me beat OLD MAG in max corpus sorties in terms of damage.

There was a time when no one believed me on that until i jumped in with them as volt.

Edited by Satinpuppies

10 minutes ago, Satinpuppies said:

You weren't even playing when we had the original volt lol.

You're right but I have played him two years straight, which is well past long enough to know about the pick up method of speed. I've played him long enough thank you very much.

June 9th 2016, first day I played picked Volt as a starter and stuck to him ever since only in the past month or two i've started branching out.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

17 hours ago, Satinpuppies said:

You see plenty of Volts nuking in powerlevel nodes these days, though Saryn is the hot new thing for obvious reasons.  He's also an integral part of Eidolon squads.  Generally people play frames for utility rather than trying to enjoy the game, but Volt definitely has a place in the current meta if you're just looking at that.

17 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Volt is still not the "Alternative to Gunplay" he's advertised as.

Plus after memestrike got nerfed what's the point?

Volt was never that, but he can 4spam rooms better than ever, now.

When did memeing strike get nerfed?

17 hours ago, Satinpuppies said:

*childish fart noise*

That's what I've come to expect!

14 hours ago, FitzSimmons said:

mag isnt, ember isnt, titania isnt, harrow isnt, loki isnt, ash isnt, what else? still many to mention

All of those frames can go super-survivable due to QT + Rage and various Arcane cheese, to so say nothing of the abilities on some of those frames making them nigh-unkillable without any durability mods.

2 hours ago, Satinpuppies said:

Hard to prove my side of things, when i can't even show you because he's gone rip.

I'd been playing volt for 2 and a half years before this rework even came in. I had a min max build for him that let me beat OLD MAG in max corpus sorties in terms of damage.

There was a time when no one believed me on that until i jumped in with them as volt.

What kind of setup was beating the "I mathematically kill all Corpus instantly regardless of level" Mag build?

Edited by RealPandemonium

On 2018-06-23 at 6:40 PM, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

His one is weak as fück

Volt's 1 is actually perfect. One-handed skill (thus does not interrupt reload), chaining mini-stun with negligible energy cost. You use it for utility, such as stunning enemies while you're reloading, not damage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Checht said:

Volt's 1 is actually perfect. One-handed skill (thus does not interrupt reload), chaining mini-stun with negligible energy cost. You use it for utility, such as stunning enemies while you're reloading, not damage.

So...thats nice, but i think alot of people just expect more from warframes abilities altogether. Like, i get warframe is just warframe, but its easy to get carried away, and electricity does so much more in any other game...if your just talking warframe mechanics, yeah, that one handed stun that spreads is cool,but the hold the charge mechanic is doable, and wont hurt anyone. So its easy to ask for something small like that rather than being fine with it as it is. The only reason anyone should be concerned about people asking for more is DE has a penchant for taking away what we like and not even adding what people were "complaining" about.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

8 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

So...thats nice, but i think alot of people just expect more from warframes abilities altogether. Like, i get warframe is just warframe, but its easy to get carried away, and electricity does so much more in any other game...if your just talking warframe mechanics, yeah, that one handed stun that spreads is cool,but the hold the charge mechanic is doable, and wont hurt anyone. So its easy to ask for something small like that rather than being fine with it as it is. The only reason anyone should be concerned about people asking for more is DE has a penchant for taking away what we like and not even adding what people were "complaining" about.

The hold charge mechanic could easily slow down a very fast paced frame, they'd be better off to add an Oberon style scaling where it goes off the Armor/Health/Shields of the enemy.