Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

6 minutes ago, Tchesco said:

Wait a minute, did you guys actually believe that Overload caused any relevant amount of dmg and now it is nerfed? Holy RNGesus...

overload did great damage on a corpus map with lots of lights in sorties. Most things died. 

I rate the rework 4 shocks out 10 

Passive : Brilliant! However, this is only capped at 1K and needs to constantly be charged for your next attack 

Base sprint speed needs an increase 

Shock : Has very little damage and duration along with only 5 chain links

Speed : Finally increases reload speed! needs to be much faster though. Longer duration

ES: To many drawback that do more bad then good, forced to secondaries, different shape,slower, drains energy, Low duration/Consumes ,4 shield cap, 

Discharge : I like this new ability! Needs to look different, cast in air, no health cap thing, with more range and a slightly longer duration, 

Edited by Wolfnrun

currently I feel that there are too many draw backs on being able to carry shields no primary, energy drain AND a rather large speed reduction, I think one of these needs to be removed or at least reduced or something cause right now holding a riot shield is very situational and punishing 

33 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Lets start with the damages.

1.) Shock:  No major changes here, so this move hasn't gotten anything useful in terms of CC capability or damage.  I LOVE Shock, don't get me wrong, but that won't make it worth using in level 15+ missions.

2.) Speed:  No Shocking Speed built in.  I care not what happens to other people's experience when I cast speed, but all I'm getting are "why play him?" or "wtf is wrong with you, drop speed buff close 2 me" crap.  Basically, a bone of contention has been made WORSE.

3.) Electric Shield:  Okay, here's where things get a bit "meh".  If I COMPLETELY IGNORE THE ABILITY TO CARRY SHIELD, then it's been visually and mechanically overhauled to function more usefully (aside from the fact that it detonates grenades, so instagibs a-HO!).  IF I PICK IT UP Electric Shield eats my entire energy pool in seconds, even with duration and effeciency.  Basically, NEVER PICK IT UP, so that function is worthless.

4.)  Overload:  Nerfed abilities make me sad.  New Overload does no real damage, has no real range, can't be cast in air, and is generally a waste of an ability.  If it scales to be equally useless to all enemies then cool, I will never know.

Passive.):  Great story.  Great concept.  It hasn't been implemented at ALL, so far as I can see.  Maybe it's because it ever procs off me shooting things, so it's a buff to gun damages that were already FAR beyond the relm of a piddly little boost to electric damage.  Maybe it's because I don't have a way to tell if it's even frikkin there.

Stat-wise:  Volt is still up the creek, still requiring 200%+ Strength, all the duration EVER (at LEAST 200%+, no joke whatsoever), and non-prime still needs Effeciency cap.  Only now we HAVE TO HAVE RANGE TOO, since we have to build Range to support an Ult that feels less threatening than a pile of old laundry.  Worse, we HAVE TO DO THAT, because this BARELY FUNCTIONAL ULT IS OUR ONLY TOOL!!!

TL;DR:  Welcome to 2012, where Volt just spams Overload all the time, BUT DON'T WORRY ASH, HE'LL NEVER GET KILLS ANYWAY.  No need to even Bladestorm, just use ANY GUN and be more effective than Volt ever...

---------------------------------------------

What's sad about this is that it's so many intuitive decisions bludgeoned by a circus of nerfs.  Volt isn't playable.

EDIT:  I HATE myself for saying this, but I need to see if there's a way to make this work.  I have to test this.....  hot mess...  

So, one thing I've noted is that Volt now needs something new:  He HAS to have something to move, attract, or somehow group enemies.  Previously this was kind of peripheral, but now it's utterly required to make what little he has do anything at all...

This is somewhat how I feel about his rework. Again, modding him to Speed and ignoring every other skill he has to offer, putting Shocking Speed in a already cramped space (as Volt is a light Frame with 1 Sprint Speed, a Glass Cannon that need 200%+ Power Strength so you can notice any damage, an Outstanding Shield based Frame that is heavily armored with *impressive* 100 armor and a Buff that has 10 mega-seconds duration — leading to a choose-one/forsake-all-else kind of build), you can actually do something. From what I see there's no point in building him differently whatsoever, as it is blatantly not worth.

Shock?! No scaling damage, no moddable stun time, Shocking Speed already covers the damage and the stun. Useless.

Speed?! Only skill that still holds value, with no addition whatsoever from the Volt perspective. Come on, reworked the skill so the team can choose to pick the buff up?! I see less cast time, which is acceptable, but it should be castable even during another action, so you don't break your chain of actions on a fast paced game. And what is that delay before kicking in for?! Is it some sort of "as long as you have zero cast time you're bound to suffer some other way"?!

ES?! I sincerely use this for the sole purpose of reviving allies, once a week. Will likely not touch the skill as I've been doing. The idea to pick it up and offer some sort of survavibility is interesting, but I'd rather have some sort of scaling buff for melees instead of what you did. A N Y T H I N G but a negligible damage. and what was the logic behind the Debuff wagon on it?! Ungodly debuff to speed and Absurd energy drain?! Volt is already 1 Sprint speed. If you want us to play on a single spot just remove WASD from him.

Discharge?! I liked the name, I liked the concept, I liked the graphic overhaul, I liked the idea to synergyze with Shock, but the execution is lacking. S E V E R E L Y. Prisma Dual Cleaver along with Speed give Volt more survavibility and Damage then your initial idea for Discharge ever would.

The Passive?! Not impressed. Liked the initial thought, but do you see the pattern here?! No scalability. At all. Volt is currently a Frame to play on Mars. He will be hard even there, offering immersive gameplay, as you'll struggle to get by "¬¬

8 minutes ago, Toramaru said:

This is somewhat how I feel about his rework. Again, modding him to Speed and ignoring every other skill he has to offer, putting Shocking Speed in a already cramped space (as Volt is a light Frame with 1 Sprint Speed, a Glass Cannon that need 200%+ Power Strength so you can notice any damage, an Outstanding Shield based Frame that is heavily armored with *impressive* 100 armor and a Buff that has 10 mega-seconds duration — leading to a choose-one/forsake-all-else kind of build), you can actually do something. From what I see there's no point in building him differently whatsoever, as it is blatantly not worth.

Shock?! No scaling damage, no moddable stun time, Shocking Speed already covers the damage and the stun. Useless.

Speed?! Only skill that still holds value, with no addition whatsoever from the Volt perspective. Come on, reworked the skill so the team can choose to pick the buff up?! I see less cast time, which is acceptable, but it should be castable even during another action, so you don't break your chain of actions on a fast paced game. And what is that delay before kicking in for?! Is it some sort of "as long as you have zero cast time you're bound to suffer some other way"?!

ES?! I sincerely use this for the sole purpose of reviving allies, once a week. Will likely not touch the skill as I've been doing. The idea to pick it up and offer some sort of survavibility is interesting, but I'd rather have some sort of scaling buff for melees instead of what you did. A N Y T H I N G but a negligible damage. and what was the logic behind the Debuff wagon on it?! Ungodly debuff to speed and Absurd energy drain?! Volt is already 1 Sprint speed. If you want us to play on a single spot just remove WASD from him.

Discharge?! I liked the name, I liked the concept, I liked the graphic overhaul, I liked the idea to synergyze with Shock, but the execution is lacking. S E V E R E L Y. Prisma Dual Cleaver along with Speed give Volt more survavibility and Damage then your initial idea for Discharge ever would.

The Passive?! Not impressed. Liked the initial thought, but do you see the pattern here?! No scalability. At all. Volt is currently a Frame to play on Mars. He will be hard even there, offering immersive gameplay, as you'll struggle to get by "¬¬

Much this and all alike in this thread, it's been the biggest issues since forever/ the rework 

His passive should build up damage faster if every instance of damage drains it, or it should be tied to his abilities and not all weapons.

The shield synergy with shock is good, but the drain when using the riot shield is

Too-Damn-High.jpg

Speed's FoV increase should've been made an option. Some people actually preferred the FoV as it let you see your surroundings better. And having it as a pickup is wonky as some people have to backtrack if they want it.

His 4 is much better than the previous iteration.

11 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

His passive should build up damage faster if every instance of damage drains it, or it should be tied to his abilities and not all weapons.

i reckon his passive should work in reverse.

instead of running to charge up the meter, it should say at 1000 and quickly degrade over time if you are standing still. this will encourage players to move around to keep the meter fully charged. that plus lightning dash.

Just now, Aquasurge said:

i reckon his passive should work in reverse.

instead of running to charge up the meter, it should say at 1000 and quickly degrade over time if you are standing still. this will encourage players to move around to keep the meter fully charged. that plus lightning dash.

I like that idea better actually, but I'm not sure those values are ok to keep If that were implemented. it would probably have to drop to like the 150-200 range.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but equipping efficiency mods seems to make the energy drain per meter moved with the 'riot shield' mode of the electric shield go UP instead of DOWN. It seems very counter intuitive, plz fix.

I haven't played the new Volt extensively yet so I can't offer a detailed critique, but I do have some initial impressions.

1. I like the old Shock's fast one hand casting crowd control and I always used it for cc and not for damage. New Shock is the same, but I like it has synergy with his other abilities.  Of course I wouldn't mind it having a bit more damage, but like I said, I use it mainly for cc so if shock can hit more enemies, that'll be even better.  It seems like Volt is still more cc/support than damage frame even with the rework so might as well push the crowd control aspect even more.

2. I like the lessening of PoV, compared to before, when Speed is in use and faster reload.  I haven't tried done the picking up, but I can see it being annoying if Volt is in the back and you're in the front.  I know some people don't like speed forced on them, but what about those who don't mind the speed boost.  It would be nice if there's a permanent opt in or opt out option (maybe a switch in the settings tab?).

One thing I didn't like about old speed and, I assume, new speed is this: Volt run fast with Speed but his base sprint speed is average so when you cast speed on your teammates, the fast one like Loki and Nova, are still faster than you.  Shouldn't Volt be the fastest when it's his power that's being used?  I propose that your teammates get a slightly less speed boost than Volt to average things out a bit.  This problem of Volt still being the slower one also relates to how are your teammates know if you dropped the speed boost when you're in the back.

3. I love the look and utility of the new shield.  I can see why it's only limited to four so no complaining from me there.  I love the idea of the riot electric shield.  I don't love the idea of the riot electric shield costing so much energy while also having duration.  I don't mind the duration, but It would be nice if the energy cost goes down a bit.  The slow movement when using the riot electric shield makes it not as practical when you're on the run, which is most of the game.  I do like you can pick the shield up and drop it again to move it to an optimal location.

4. Discharge.  I need to play around this a lot more to form a more solid opinion, but one thing I do notice is that it stinks that you have to be on the ground to use Discharge.  This combining with the slow casting speed makes Volt very vulnerable.  Yes, you do need to be strategic, but it looks like Discharge works the best in the middle of the crowd so you do need to be in the middle of the action.  Why can't we cast while in mid-air, like when I cast Nova and Nezha's ultimate?

Overall, I like most of the powers of old Volt are kept, but it looks like his abilities, especially his 4, still need to be tweaked a bit more to make him even better than before.  This is coming from a player who loved and mained the old Volt and used all his abilities regularly.

The riot shield energy drain should not exist the shield is still time dependent, or list should be much lower! Also the heck do we have a 4 shield limit now! Also I don't like the item drop with his speed ability an opt out option would have been much better.

• Riot shield energy drain is to HIGH! (Get rid of the drain)
  • Remove the limit of 4 shields!
  • Opt out instead of opt in for speed.
  • Increase the new ultimate's damage.

1 hour ago, -CM-Nobody said:

overload did great damage on a corpus map with lots of lights in sorties. Most things died. 

Yeah, like, once. And then it was once again an AoE stun. 

The ability is far more consistent and reliable now, and doesn't absolutely depend on being in the old tilesets-- in the newer ones, there weren't even electronics to Overload. 

Now it's useful on any map, and, more importantly, it's useful twice. 

A few things from my own testing.

1. Energy drain on E-Shield should be reduced, especially since it doesn't help anything not directly in front or melee ranged enemies.

2. Discharge seems broken. It doesn't lock enemies for the full duration, even after extensive testing. It's duration seems to be based more on strength than the actual duration.

3. Damage output is overall very low, even on unarmored units.

Edited by Xamuswing
typo and third statement.

Wait.. Discharge not scaling on health is a bug, right?.. Because 13 damage a tick on high level enemies just seems a tad weak. You basically gave him Inaros' 4, without the spreading. I could do better with Ivara's sleep arrows or Equinox's Rest.. For far less energy.

Edited by Mastercontrol98

I would have to say I this rework is pretty nice... Volt feels more like a defense CC type then a damage type to me based on the new moves

Although from what I'm hearing the majority seems not to like it as much

Speed: From what I heard once you activated it you teammates need to pickup the speed boosts to get the same effect. I think you should leave the ability as it was before the rework. But give it a option to opt out Like limbo's banish ability for other players.

Volt's shield: The shield is a great improvement for volt not only AOE damage doesn't go through but the shield is easier to see hostiles, and  I do love the fact you can move your shield now keep this as it is.

For moving the shield though can see why you put an energy drain like Ivara's prowl for example. I think it would be a great idea to have option would to choose between a personal (riot) shield that drains less energy but lasts for a unlimited amount of time or a Large team shield that stays but lasts a limited amount of time. What I don't get is when you shock the shield It doesn't stun enemies in their place sometimes I'll have to test it more to be sure.

Discharge: While I'm not feeling the damage on this one. I do like the hard CC it gives. Not only that's but It gives a constant stun based on duration which is pretty cool. The more enemies in a mob the more CC you'll do unless there's like a cap limit but it doesn't seem like it. Have to test it for range first

Not a bad rework maybe some damage tweaks here or there, but its alight

Never gonna happen sir.

The only way to build Volt is for Pure Damage.

Forget ES and Discharge, all you need is Speed (+ Shocking Speed) and a Decent complementary Melee build.

;D

fRFf9Ld.jpg

i7v3H6O.jpg

FH32xJr.jpg

Edited by Toramaru
A few Screenshots that prove nothing.