Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

Ahh, The Profit video...

Back when it seemed like we might get a channeled Shock, so we could BE the Amprex...

You know, I'm struggling to figure out where Volt went wrong.  It seems there were many points where it could've just worked out beautifully.

9 hours ago, GeometricBison said:

So, you know how people have been asking for a Volt deluxe skin? Well, this is the concept art. On the bright side though, it makes Nova's deluxe skin look pretty good.004-FinalPass.jpg

That's the official concept art? It's disgusting.

It looks like Mesa.

I like the Fuses idea tho but it's asymmetrical, don't ruin Volt with asymmetry pls.

With the new glass textures from the glass frame they can do much better, make him all glassy and translucent lol.

Edited by giovanniluca
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

yeah, volt totally needs glass textures because... um... glass is famous for conducting electricity? hm.

i think that deluxe skin looks ok, certainly quite an unorthodox take on the theme.

It's not so much that the skin is bad, it just doesn't look like Volt. If it was a deluxe skin for Nidus or maybe Nekros, it wouldn't be so bad. Also, about me saying that the skin makes Nova's deluxe look good, that was just me being dramatic. I actually really like Nova's, it's just that the helmet is pretty ugly.

2 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

yeah, volt totally needs glass textures because... um... glass is famous for conducting electricity? hm.

i think that deluxe skin looks ok, certainly quite an unorthodox take on the theme.

Not to conduce, but to control.e99VYOkDRM6MDGz3Z7JHhA.png

In the old electric towers these things were made of glass, I still see some "relics" around, not in function I hope.

Anyway It's like a forced conduit to not have it zap back.

15 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

Not to conduce, but to control.e99VYOkDRM6MDGz3Z7JHhA.png

In the old electric towers these things were made of glass, I still see some "relics" around, not in function I hope.

Anyway It's like a forced conduit to not have it zap back.

Very Old eLectric Tower skin!

Woah! INSIGHT!

TRUE NATURE OF VOLT!

That explains alot about Discharge animation! 

That skin is more Nidus than Volt, like a less-obviously Infested Nidus.

Yes, I see that it's SUPPOSED to be Volt, but (much like this rework) I feel that it's out of touch with what Volt is (or should be) about.  It makes no visual sense as a Volt; I get that I'm ragging on a flat, incomplete concept, but it doesn't fit the 'Frame AT ALL.

I'm hoping it looks better in 3D rendering, or else that it gets killed.

Edited by Cytobel

On 20/9/2017 at 3:21 AM, GeometricBison said:

So, you know how people have been asking for a Volt deluxe skin? Well, this is the concept art. On the bright side though, it makes Nova's deluxe skin look pretty good.004-FinalPass.jpg

I must praise the ugliness of this skin, really it fully missess all the elements that make Volt recognizable to the point of being a completely different unit/frame... the way it was made asymmetrical reminds me more of artwork from chtulutech than anything warframe related.

Maibe after texturing it won't be that bad.

So far most frames have been always subtly asymmetrical but this concept really overdoes it

3 hours ago, Ikusias said:

I must praise the ugliness of this skin, really it fully missess all the elements that make Volt recognizable to the point of being a completely different unit/frame... the way it was made asymmetrical reminds me more of artwork from chtulutech than anything warframe related.

Maibe after texturing it won't be that bad.

So far most frames have been always subtly asymmetrical but this concept really overdoes it

If it makes it seem any better, I've heard from people that it's supposed to be inspired by Frankenstein's monster, what with the monster-like appearance and metal conductors sticking out of the neck. If this is the case, at least DE got the electricity part right. Unfortunately, it didn't get much else right though.

58 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

I forsee a wave of "still waiting on Volt Delux skin" posts in the future of this skin.

It's not a terrible skin, I guess.  I just don't know what it's supposed to be for, because Volt ain't it.

I believe they just came up on this randomly, relatively recently they didn't realize Volt lacked a skin.

Oh and Octavia has a design already, talk of good and popular stuff.

This is Volt Prime.

69be5a0d37c378dc9378660f85d78d25--gold-b

This is the skin.

depositphotos_17652225-stock-photo-trash

Edited by giovanniluca

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

mhm, a map with great distances and a frame with the ability to boost sprint speed sure looks like a mismatch...

been soloing the plains with him since release, working like a charm.

Get Nova or whatever can tp, oh and remember that his sprint speed is so low that everything outspeeds you.

Also dashes work good, naramon's dash, not really Zephyr's.

Edited by giovanniluca