Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

On 11/22/2017 at 5:32 AM, Redstoneman said:

Remove both the drain and the speed debuff, and you get a warframe that can face-first charge into a group of enemies, knock them all down, and keep running. Which honestly sounds like the way to go, and for the energy cost of one 2 and one 3 cast, it doesn't seem overpowered. This would also make the current shield and its augment actually worth using.

That's my biggest issue with Current Shield, you can't even regain energy by using Rage or Hunter Adrenaline, so it'd be a trade of. Even a frontal shield with, for example only the duration of the shield as limitation, wouldn't be that powerful.

Please remove the damage cap. Allow us to mod for CC buy boosting Duration and Range. What ever it takes. Weapons are for damage, abilities do what weapons can't and that is CC. What about diminishing returns on the damage per shock so it is not over powered? As long as the enemy stays locked down for the whole duration, I don't care.

Discharge looks great. I think if you are going to make the animation take so long, make him briefly invulnerable during it while he is surrounded by electricity.

Edited by (PS4)Cyotis

Just now, (PS4)Cyotis said:

Please remove the damage cap. Allow us to mod for CC buy boosting Duration and Range. What ever it takes. Weapons are for damage, abilities do what weapons can't and that is CC. What about diminishing returns on the damage per shock so it is not over powered? As long as the enemy stays locked down for the whole duration, I don't care.

Cc can go too far sometimes...whats the difference between this and old prism? Thats my measurement. Whats yours? 

Old Prism could blind everyone through walls? I can't remember.

Frost can Avalanche

Rhino Stomp

Limbo can stop time

Nova can slow

There are plenty of great CC moves. Make Discharge one of those. Adjust the duration and/or the range to be similar to the other moves above. I do not want OP here but I do want it to be dependable.

2 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

Wonder if they read the feedback on reddit, this is good stuff.

Everyone's going on and on about Discharge this and Discharge that, completely ignoring how garbage Shock is.

Giving it an energy refund would actually resolve its problems a teeny bit, I like the idea.

Although even then, its damage needs to be higher, 200 is pathetic. Frost's Freeze does like 500.

Everybody goes on and on about discharge this and discharge that, completely ignoring how Electric Shield used to grant beam weapons an extra 70 meters.

Until Hotfix 17.4.2, hitscan weapons and Held-trigger weapons with limited range, would be given a fixed range of 70 meters when fired through an Electric Shield. Note: the Amprex or the Synapse do not gain the fixed range modifier.

Held-trigger weapons will gain hitscan properties (e.g., the Spectra's beam, which has a noticeable travel time, will damage enemies instantaneously after passing through a Shield).

Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP. - Posted September 11, 2015

YES I'M STILL MAD

Edited by PrivateRiem
  • Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb PrivateRiem:

Everybody goes on and on about discharge this and discharge that, completely ignoring how Electric Shield used to grant beam weapons an extra 70 meters.

YES I'M STILL MAD

i'm with you there.

i wouldn't even mind if they just decided volt doesn't need this feature anymore (he's well off either way in my book) but if that's the case please just officially state so already! as it is this is just swept under the rug for literally years, feels bad man! don't make your promises seem worth nil, especially with big terms like "ASAP" attached. :I

edit: and while you're at it: for the love of god just change his age old, obsolete description...

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

Cross posted from other thread

I got almost 40% of my total playtime as Volt, he's my favourite frame.

Volt, compared to the two starter frames, or any other frame for that matter, sucks majorly.

He's incredibly squishy, incredibly restrictive, and the speed augment should be part of the original ability. For a starting player, he's atrocious and requires an absurd amount of investment to not be laughably useless. He needs two hands full of quality of life changes that will never come because DE very obviously hates the poor guy.

His 1 is fine for all intent and purposes, mostly because it has infinite range.

His 2 had laughable reload speed buff without massive power investment, which also gives a fairly absurd and unnecessary movement and melee speed buff. (Other frames, like Chroma, get a whole lot more reload speed for less investment). The range on the ability and the amount of power STR that people tend to run around with apparently annoys the hell out of people with sudden bursts of incredibly high speed, making it difficult to control your frame or execute melee combos, or not bump into a wall.

Electric shield crit bonus only works on crit weapons (except electric bonus, yeah I know), compared to other frames with universal damage buffs (that are way stronger than Volt's anyway, since those generally scale too), and his old Beam Weapon range extension( which increased the usually-limited beam weapons range to 70 and made them instant) was removed 2 years ago and never brought back. The "Press X" dialog is annoying, always in the way and blocks your vision, and the amount of time I end up accidentally picking it up instead of doing the thing I wanted to do, like activate a console or res a teammate is absurd. It should also act as a barrier, or at least stun enemies or make them path around it.

There is no logical reason for preventing the use of his primary while using the shield except for "flavour" (Because it's a riot shield). Meanwhile, you have frames that can run around with literal god mode,(And some capable of one-shotting enemies forever) able to use any weapon they wish without being limited to a secondary, or by a random energy drain.

Aiming down sight near a shield should hide the "Press X" prompt. Dropping a shield, picking it up and dropping it back should put it in exactly the same spot, instead of slightly further away. Attempting to raise a teammate while carrying a shield or being near one should not drop the shield or pick it up, before or after the res.

Here's a novel idea. If you're picking the shield while carrying your primary weapon, the shield goes on Volt's back.

At least he looks good. (Well, proto Volt is probably the exception)

He's not irredeemable, but that has more to do with the starchart being laughably easy.

Edited by PrivateRiem

That's ok, every 2 years we have something to complain about Volt. Same ideas, same words spoken many times, too bad that there's no complete results. Volt seems incomplete afterall. 

Personaly, in some way I like Volt's Proto skin, not in love, but there's something convincing. More you look at it - more you like it (just for me). Or it's just me, thinking that there's no look back about it. Too bad for Syandana and Hammer cosmetics...

The QoL changes is kinda first (demi) step to make Volt complete. Firstly, I'm a 4 user (I'm exist) and I like the way it goes, despite animation, duration ecc. Using my own build that fits my playstyle (below) (and no even the fact that i'm using Discharge, there's no Capacitance, bcause of waiting shield-overshield's mechanics rework):
As my playstyle i chose the path of efficiency and hard energy pool, QT and Hunter Adrenaline, to stay on my feet even in Eximus Stronghold sortie missions (carefully avoiding Energy Leech). In my oppinion the last changes are not quite significant to build Volt in other way for an End-game (1-2h. SOLO survival missions), that's why ability spammer is my choice. Still happy about aircasting, but there's a hope that DE will fix X, Y spreading of it. 

BUILD:

Spoiler

9z9szfJ.jpg

Next phase Speed + Current Shield synergy doesn't exist even after fixes. Firstly, Current Shield is limited of duration of the ability and that's ok, during use of it we are totaly invulnerable of projectiles only in front of us, still can have an one shot from back (another funny fact, the dialog Press X to Pick up the Shield is hilarious if you using Lanka, during Mobile defence in Plains, screens below), casting Speed ability barelly gives you a normal sprint speed w/o buff, and energy per distance (....that's kinda ok, for the thing that I want to suggest) 

That's why, for the 3rd time I asking same question: Why do we need to recast speed and equip shield?  What's the point? 

The mechanics are interesting, but realized not quite...Solution is simple: Make Speed - energy draining ability, that not depends on duration.  Remove sprint speed reduction on Current Shield equipped and yeah, make some tweeks for Energy per distance (on 170% efficiency is 3.33 energy per distance, on full speed is kinda acceptable). 

Hope DE's one day consider some of those ideas that were described by all of us, and one day, just saying one day we'll see Volt shining.

For now we'll wait... for miracle.

Lanka's MOST WANTED:

Spoiler

n0S2sm5.jpggP1Dmkt.jpg

Edited by Cryone
MOST WANTED WARFRAME

12 minutes ago, Cryone said:

That's ok, every 2 years we have something to complain about Volt. Same ideas, same words spoken many times, too bad that there's no complete results. Volt seems incomplete afterall. 

Personaly, in some way I like Volt's Proto skin, not in love, but there's something convincing. More you look at it - more you like it (just for me). Or it's just me, thinking that there's no look back about it. Too bad for Syandana and Hammer cosmetics...

The QoL changes is kinda first (demi) step to make Volt complete. Firstly, I'm a 4 user (I'm exist) and I like the way it goes, despite animation, duration ecc. Using my own build that fits my playstyle (below) (and no even the fact that i'm using Discharge, there's no Capacitance, bcause of waiting shield-overshield's mechanics rework):
As my playstyle i chose the path of efficiency and hard energy pool, QT and Hunter Adrenaline, to stay on my feet even in Eximus Stronghold sortie missions (carefully avoiding Energy Leech). In my oppinion the last changes are not quite significant to build Volt in other way for an End-game (1-2h. SOLO survival missions), that's why ability spammer is my choice. Still happy about aircasting, but there's a hope that DE will fix X, Y spreading of it. 

BUILD:

Reveal hidden contents

9z9szfJ.jpg

Next phase Speed + Current Shield synergy doesn't exist even after fixes. Firstly, Current Shield is limited of duration of the ability and that's ok, during use of it we are totaly invulnerable of projectiles only in front of us, still can have an one shot from back, casting Speed ability barelly gives you a normal sprint speed w/o buff, and energy per distance (....that's kinda ok, for the thing that I want to suggest) 

That's why, for the 3rd time I asking same question: Why do we need to recast speed and equip shield?  What's the point? 

The mechanics are interesting, but realized not quite...Solution is simple: Make Speed - energy draining ability, that not depends on duration.  Remove sprint speed reduction on Current Shield equipped and yeah, make some tweeks for Energy per distance (on 170% efficiency is 3.33 energy per distance, on full speed is kinda acceptable). 

Hope DE's one day consider some of those ideas that were described by all of us, and one day, just saying one day we'll see Volt shining.

For now we'll wait... for miracle.

If Speed becomes energy drain based instead of duration, we'll go from infinite speed to finite speed, as it'll eventually run out, and will lock Volt out of gaining energy from allies.

Increasing the base duration would be significantly more useful.

13 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

If Speed becomes energy drain based instead of duration, we'll go from infinite speed to finite speed, as it'll eventually run out, and will lock Volt out of gaining energy from allies.

Increasing the base duration would be significantly more useful.

Can't see this as the problem, there's still orbs and efficiency builds for it. You can still save your energy and gaining it from other sources. Despite Volt main, playing Nezha some times, and energy draining Firewalker is pretty much an example, you can still toggle your ability, have your energy and continue. In my oppinion there're much more reasons to have this ability mechanincs, then burn your energy on recasting it.

And for the last, having one less ability that depends on duration, opens alot of versatility to build Volt.

Edited by Cryone

24 minutes ago, Cryone said:

Can't see this as the problem, there's still orbs and efficiency builds for it. You can still save your energy and gaining it from other sources. Despite Volt main, playing Nezha some times, and energy draining Firewalker is pretty much an example, you can still toggle your ability, have your energy and continue. In my oppinion there're much more reasons to have this ability mechanincs, then burn your energy on recasting it.

And for the last, having one less ability that depends on duration, opens alot of versatility to build Volt.

You think the energy drain will depend on what? Range? Strength? It'll probably be based on both efficiency and duration like other similar abilities, which will make it even harder to make balanced builds.

I like my speed at 20 seconds, it's not too short as to be annoying. Also how do you make an energy-drain-based buff apply to allies? Wouldn't making it have infinite duration with very high power STR annoy the hell out of people even more?

Can't we focus on actual QoL buffs and fixes first, then discuss these kinda things?

Edited by PrivateRiem

12 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

You think the energy drain will depend on what? Range? Strength? It'll probably be based on both efficiency and duration like other similar abilities, which will make it even harder to make balanced builds.

I like my speed at 20 seconds, it's not too short as to be annoying. Also how do you make an energy-drain-based buff apply to allies? Wouldn't making it have infinite duration with very high power STR annoy the hell out of people even more?

Can't we focus on actual QoL buffs and fixes first, then discuss these kinda things?

Actual QoL is consisted on reworks and tweeks, so at this point we are free to share some ideas that may be considered or discussed. So, the question is: Why can't we have Speed as individual buff for ourselfs? DE kinda tried to do it with the first wave of rework, introducing the beacon on Speed casting (everyone, that wished to have buff, picked up the beacon)? The second one: Why this mechanics can't be improved? 

What if on Speed activation Volt leaves a trail (ye, ye, like Nezha's Firewalker) that can be crossed by other players to get the speed buff? (and with Augment can stun npc's). Nezha's Firewalker dispells, Volt's gives buff! 

16 minutes ago, Cryone said:

What if on Speed activation Volt leaves a trail (ye, ye, like Nezha's Firewalker) that can be crossed by other players to get the speed buff? (and with Augment can stun npc's). Nezha's Firewalker dispells, Volt's gives buff! 

That's really close to what DE did and then reverted due to community outrcry.This would also be prone to griefing with people just running in front of other people to force them to keep the buff.