Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

3 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

That's really close to what DE did and then reverted due to community outrcry.This would also be prone to griefing with people just running in front of other people to force them to keep the buff.

Limbo had the same problem, hated by everyone about Banish, still they figured out to add roll out options to exit Rift. For this kind of problem i'm sure that there's some solution

Edited by Cryone

Just now, giovanniluca said:

And this means he has low energy most of the time.

Kinda yes, but still there's still chance to have almost full energy pool on. It requires to almost everytime cast Discharge, and that's why i'm not happy of.

6 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

How? Make it a solo buff?

Well some people don't like the speed buff because it makes running around and melee combos annoyingly difficult to pull off. It looks silly, it's too fast for comfort.

Would it be better if speed increased parkour moves speed significantly while giving less total run speed?

Or if runspeed would increase gradually over a few seconds? Or if it turned default walking into running, and turned sprint into a warframe equivalent of the archwing turbo?

Edited by PrivateRiem

42 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

Well some people don't like the speed buff because it makes running around and melee combos annoyingly difficult to pull off. It looks silly, it's too fast for comfort.

Would it be better if speed increased parkour moves speed significantly while giving less total run speed?

Or if runspeed would increase gradually over a few seconds? Or if it turned default walking into running, and turned sprint into a warframe equivalent of the archwing turbo?

I don't wanna lose anything but I'd like to go faster since Volt is slow, the problem is that people complain being fast but Volts do not, he has superlow sprint speed while allies have higher.

Edited by giovanniluca

13 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

The thing you quoted said he's"strapped for energy" as if he doesn't have enough. 

Also you're wrong, Volt has the largest energy pool available or of all Warframes. Including Saryn.

Having a larger pool doesn't mean you can find more energy or efficent and if you end low you're essentially dead for survivability, you don't wanna be low on energy with Volt and all other forms of defense are unviable in the long run(lol shields suck), unless you have a pocket trinity.

Edited by giovanniluca

I main volt and he is one of my most used frame till now.. being in game for over 3000 hours, i can say i like all of his ability, it’s just not good enough in numbers..

shock is actually good ability, decent cc, just not really consistent.. sometimes, it doesnt hit enemy even though i aimed it perfectly.. tweak the targetting system a little bit to match ash’s seeking shuriken would be good

for speed, i think its duration is a little bit low, and really need some range to benefit the team, especially in larger tileset like PoE.. i would suggest that DE give it affinity range/50m, an if some players dont like to have the speed, they can do roll to remove it (like when you’re about to leave the rift plane).. i know it’s rather annoying and i dont really mind if DE wouldn’t do this

i cant really say much about electric shield, it’s a really good ability imo, just need to scale with range ability to make it even bigger shield and please remove the energy drain for real this time

im a little confused with discharge’s buff, because DE still didnt increase the damage cap.. im okay if they increase the damage cap as well.. and please make the min duration scales with duration mod, it will make some diversity to mod volt, whether you want to use discharge’s damage to keep enemies stunned, or (like my build with just 115 power strength) you want to utilize duration..

Thx for reading my wall of text, sorry for bad english

Disappointed with the changes :/ 

still really squishy
base sprint speed is still really slow

shock is still very low duration stun
increase stun duration or something?

speed is still very low base duration and could use a buff so that you wouldnt need that much pwr str in order to make speed volt work

electric shield riot shield mode is still way too energy hungry
the energy drained shoulda been per second instead of per meter
I also think the slowdown is really counter intuitive
and personally I would remove the duration timer once picked up so you wouldnt need to cast it once every 30seconds

maybe one day mah favorite boi will get the buffs he deserves

Edited by Twistedsparkle

If they havnt changed aircast discharge to work on a y axis, its either going to happen, negligience or spite. It already shocks things below. Or already did. If changing it screwed things up, i guess ill find out when i load up warframe today. But for arguments sake, if you were on a staircase, enemies at the bottom of the staircase were affected by discharge. I guess it cant path the same way, but the simplest solution isnusing the lightning bolt from volt primes shock using that to touch the ground as if volt was there...i dont know anything about coding but id guess itd be something like that, and then you can even penalize us on the distance it travels along the ground versus how far in the air it had to travel....i just dont understand what is so difficult about any of this, but im not a game developer...

19 minutes ago, Biter. said:

Well, it looks like they are adamant about not making Volt CC oriented.

I think that's fine. I just don't want them to keep insisting he's an offensive caster.

If they keep buffing the Discharge damage effects you'll start seeing him take a similar role to Embers in pubs who run around killing everything under 30 with wild and reckless abandon.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

12 minutes ago, Biter. said:

https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/936740791900344323

Well, it looks like they are adamant about not making Volt CC oriented.

Volt's ulti not being CC oriented also makes it not damage oriented as the damage is explicitly tied to the CC. Once the damage cap is reached, it effectively loses 100% of its damage output on top of no longer CCing. So what exactly is the point of Volt. Because he sure as hell isn't "An alternative to gunplay" like his description says. Those roles are entirely reserved by Gara and Nidus at this point.

After 2 revisits, Volt is still a one trick pony speed buffer with mediocre damage, mediocre CC and about as paper thin as you could possibly game in terms of survivable. He is punished for being mobile (with his shield) despite being the mobility frame. His cap is reached faster than before with the damage boost and the devs seem adamant about leaving him like this despite saying they are "Looking at feedback." They've been "Looking at feedback" for over a year now and it feels like they didn't listen to anyone other than internal playtesters. The same people who honestly believe that shieldgating would hurt the game. (But that's a whole different can of worms I don't want to get into.)