Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Update 18.13 Discussion

Latiac

What was DE thinking with this update. It reminds me alot of the viver crisis a year back, and the forums don't seem happy about it one bit, Every rework since Mesa and Saryn have been very heavy nerfs, I'm not a fan of this trend.

Why not revert this update and pretend it never happened?

Excal is pretty much GG from what i've heard.

Mag was already in a coffin and that has now been placed in another.

Don't get me started on Volt either - Dropping speed boosters instead? Volt was used for speed runs and i'm sure no one wants to go back during one of those.

And then there is Trinity. Poor Trinity.

Other Deaths :

Mirage? - Added by request

Potentially Valkyr? - Added by Request

Now I'm not saying this update doesn't have it's ups. - Mesa is great now. But the downsides far outweigh the ups.

38 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! Created a general discussion megathread for your thoughts on Update 18.13.

Now that Update 18.13 has gone live we've also created designated Megathreads for you to give us your honest and tested feedback on the revised and reworked abilities. Please direct all discussions here: 

Volt: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/652763-volt-rework-feedback-post-1813/

Mag: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/652762-mag-rework-feedback-post-1813/

Trinity: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/652695-trinity-blessing-changes-feedback/#comment-7299995

Mesa: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/652805-mesa-rework-feedback-post-update-1813/

Valkyr: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/652811-valkyr-rework-feedback-post-update-1813/

Excalibur: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/652814-excalibur-revisions-feedback-post-update-1813/

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Added quote + links to Warframe megathreads

Um. Guys.

Mirage could effortlessly shut down entire tiles and keep it up indefinitely. That was not good design. Complaining that the devs nerfed something which was overpowered and, more critically, removed gameplay is not sensible.

Meanwhile, I'm loving the sound of the Mesa upgrades.

I'm a little on the fence about the exalted weapons changes, it'd be more palatable if Body Count + Blood Rush etc worked on exalted weapons now, but they still don't as far as I'm aware, which sucks.

11 minutes ago, Latiac said:

I've tested my Mag, I can 100% confirm Mag is dead.

Then provide that, because I tested it and I found Mag to be powerful. Or let me guess, she's not powerful because you can't kill things instantly with one button?

Now there's going to be a bunch of DOOM threads because of people not wanting to adapt at all.

Edited by KJRenz

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

I'm a little on the fence about the exalted weapons changes, it'd be more palatable if Body Count + Blood Rush etc worked on exalted weapons now, but they still don't as far as I'm aware, which sucks.

Was juuuuust to make a thread about this. Since they want us to get close and use them like melee weapons they should be able to use the mods that most motivate that

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Um. Guys.

Mirage could effortlessly shut down entire tiles and keep it up indefinitely. That was not good design. Complaining that the devs nerfed something which was overpowered and, more critically, removed gameplay is not sensible.

Seriously. In a T4I a couple of days ago, all four people just sat in the middle of the map and joked about how utterly broken Mirage's blind was. We literally didn't do anything. One guy pressed 4 over and over, and we killed some nullifiers and some units at the end of the round.

But "Oh no DE nurfs everything why they nurf my stuff!?!"

Just now, Ebohcalyps3 said:

Was juuuuust to make a thread about this. Since they want us to get close and use them like melee weapons they should be able to use the mods that most motivate that

Yeah, Primal Fury, Hysteria, and EB were already being outshone by Body Count Blood Rush, now it's pretty much hands down in favor of not using those abilities as opposed to just going melee mode.

9 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Um. Guys.

And i'm not against the Mirage nerf, If you could lock down entire maps then it was needed.

But was the Mag nerf needed? The volt nerf?

Why the endless nerf when there are so many things in need of buffs?  I only want a sort of revolving door for nerfs, where whenever DE nerfs something, they have to buff one of the many underpowered and ignored weapons and frames

I can agree with the mirage nerfs, but excalibur multiple nerfs, mag is destroyed, valkyrs only good skill is nerfed, trinity is gone (honestly who thought this was a good idea?) and supposedly Ash is next. You guys thought of this one day before the update and thought it would be a good idea to let it through? I just can't get myself to play knowing everything I loved can just be destroyed.

I just don't feel motivation to deal with it, on top of the evident warframe is grind problem. 

Edited by tripletriple

9 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Yeah, Primal Fury, Hysteria, and EB were already being outshone by Body Count Blood Rush, now it's pretty much hands down in favor of not using those abilities as opposed to just going melee mode.

Yep

heres the thread btw

Valkyr got shafted hard 

hysteria was not just rendered useless to body count+ Blood Rush

not only was hysteria nerfed wich i dont really mind i rarely used it 

but Warcry was nerfed too  and it was undocumented too Warcry no longer affects Valkyr   

I spent the past half hour testing mag.... completely nerfed against corpus; stronger against Grineer. Definitely Nerfed.... Best build I go with is 200% power str, 170% range, 175% eff, and 40% duration. The majority of the her strength comes from what use to be bullet attractor which is now a CC and damage ability but does a poor job at both. 

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

And i'm not against the Mirage nerf, If you could lock down entire maps then it was needed.

But was the Mag nerf needed? The volt nerf?

Haven't played either of them since the patch. Now, I have a long work day tomorrow, so let me get back to you tomorrow night, but so far? This patch has only made things better for the 'frames which I enjoy using. Mesa can now enjoy full dual use of what is probably the best paired buffs in the game, and it sounds like her ult can deal megadamage. Ember hasn't been changed, has picked up a passive of questionable utility, whatever. Equinox hasn't been touched, although she kinda needs to be. Come on DE, let Equinox keep her abilities up while she switches forms! You know it makes sense!

Nova's fine, she's picked up a passive which is, again, of reasonable utility.

Cripes, those are my favourite 'frames. Equinox, no change, Ember and Nova pick up passives which trigger when they're getting their heads kicked in, and Mesa can now go forth and be an untouchable bullet god. Life is good.

6 minutes ago, Prime said:

then don't play...

yep

8 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I can agree with the mirage nerfs, but excalibur multiple nerfs, mag is destroyed, valkyrs only good skill is nerfed, trinity is gone (honestly who thought this was a good idea?) and supposedly Ash is next. You guys thought of this one day before the update and thought it would be a good idea to let it through? I just can't get myself to play knowing everything I loved can just be destroyed.

I just don't feel motivation to deal with it, on top of the evident warframe is grind problem. 

well deserved nerfs my friend, I own all those frames and they got really boring, these nerfs are what they need. More plays, management, different mod setup + more warframe diversity.

If you don't wanna play no one's stopping you but I'm telling you, you're not getting the big picture here.

I usualy dont complain when frame changes come , but this , this is to much

Mag - she had one job , one job what she did well , now she cant even kill mid-high lvl range enemys

Excalibur - please just remove mini-blind , before it was semi-useful / semi useless , but now its like stabing your self just fro trying to use slide attack