Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Update 18.13 Discussion

Latiac

Shutting down an entire map at times was necessary for Mirage to simply be able to survive.

Allow to explain a situation:

You are going against mid-high level grineer in a survival with the infinitely scaling broken enemies.

You have scorches, napalms, bombards, and hyekka masters all vying for a piece of dat sweet Mirage a--- blood, they want blood. Preferably charred. They use weapons with damage that goes through walls and floors that appear to be solid, which should provide cover

So now, the frame which gave some counter to this absolutely cheesy as hell damage that prevents there from being any form of viable cover from these weapons, by cheesing them back and saying "No, you stay right there, I'll come to you and shoot you in the face, HA!"

The other counter to this cheesy enemy weapon gameplay was Blessing trinity. Scaling the level of her blessing off the most damaged teammate allowed her self damage and the ability to give everyone on the team, even the hallway hero whos deliberately put themself in harms way, damage reduction because theres no such thing as being able to take cover from an incoming bombard/napalm/hyekka/scorch weapon. People can try and say "dont be a hallway hero" or "just jump away" but why even have cover? Why have a map with walls or pillars at all, or solid looking surfaces if not for cover? Cheese enemy tactic and weapon == cheese countermeasure.

Those have been taken away now, without DE balancing any of the cheesy enemy tactics, and people are staunchly defending the decision pretending this is balance when it only tips the scale into the enemies favour for their cheesey garbage.

so blind mirage is RIP and excalibur is GG? give me some of what you guys smoke

really though, blind mirage is justified, u cant just blind the whole map with less than 50 energy for like 20 secs.....

meanwhile excalibur`s waves nerf is ok, but the spin blind change is not cool, it doesnt do half the normal blind and takes half it takes.....

Edited by Bizzaro21

1 minute ago, Bizzaro21 said:

soblind  mirage is RIP and excalibur is GG? give me some of what you guys smoke

really though, blind mirage is justified, u cant just blind the whole map with less than 50 energy for like 20 secs.....

meanwhile excalibur`s waves nerf is ok, but the spin blind change is not cool, it doesnt do half the normal blind and takes half it takes.....

And yet its perfectly fine and OK for a flamethrower to go through 40-50m of solid surfaces...?

Edited by giantconch

14 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I can agree with the mirage nerfs, but excalibur multiple nerfs, mag is destroyed, valkyrs only good skill is nerfed, trinity is gone (honestly who thought this was a good idea?) and supposedly Ash is next. You guys thought of this one day before the update and thought it would be a good idea to let it through? I just can't get myself to play knowing everything I loved can just be destroyed.

I just don't feel motivation to deal with it, on top of the evident warframe is grind problem. 

do yourself a favour mate, don't bother with the forum, the toxicity here is too rife.

btw, you're not alone, lots of people are disillusioned by these nerfs and the way the game is going in general.

Edited by Master-Ouroboros

26 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Then provide that, because I tested it and I found Mag to be powerful. Or let me guess, she's not powerful because you can't kill things instantly with one button?

Now there's going to be a bunch of DOOM threads because of people not wanting to adapt at all.

Exactly people rather win the race rather than a marathon

An absolute travesty of an update for Mag. All those defending the rework are probably only playing within the star chart regular fare. She does *not* contribute viably to long running T4s or Sorties at all currently.

29 minutes ago, Zachhh said:

Seriously. In a T4I a couple of days ago, all four people just sat in the middle of the map and joked about how utterly broken Mirage's blind was. We literally didn't do anything. One guy pressed 4 over and over, and we killed some nullifiers and some units at the end of the round.

But "Oh no DE nurfs everything why they nurf my stuff!?!"

There are 2 players in warframe 

1.rabbit:quick & easy

2.turtle:slow & steady 

36 minutes ago, Latiac said:

I've tested my Mag, I can 100% confirm Mag is dead.

mag can now nuke grinneer as well as corpus... Sure it's not a 1 shot kill every time but that is a massive improvement

I think these nerfs are a mixed bag. DE might not want mag nuking Corpus with Shield Polarize, or Valkyr tearing things up with Hysteria, but riddle me this:

HOW are we supposed to survive against level 100+ enemies without at least OCCASIONAL use of these skills? and why do DE do things like this, without taking into account the balance vs. enemies? It's baffling

this was not the new I hoped for tonight. I hope these nerfs aren't as extreme as they sound....

1 minute ago, Cris0407 said:

Warframe R.I.P 2016-05-27

Really? Really?

DE: Listen guys, we're changing some Warframe abilities. Mostly the ones which basically turned off the challenge, like semi-free invulnerability, or blinding hundreds of enemies per minute. 

Players: *Raaaaaage!* Warframe is deeeeeeeeaaaad!

34 minutes ago, Zachhh said:

Seriously. In a T4I a couple of days ago, all four people just sat in the middle of the map and joked about how utterly broken Mirage's blind was. We literally didn't do anything. One guy pressed 4 over and over, and we killed some nullifiers and some units at the end of the round.

But "Oh no DE nurfs everything why they nurf my stuff!?!"

Basically everyone I am seeing complain about Mirage right there.

Exal's mini blind costing energy now... so wait i don't have the choice to expend additional energy should i choose to slide while i'm using EB? You guys are forcing me to be in closer melee range now with this recent range decrease on EB so now i need to close distance faster to be more effective, if i choose to slide then your going to hit my energy? Please reconsider this as this invokes an involuntary use of energy that limits me from sliding while using EB. It now will cost me energy and is not as effective as standard radial blind in functionality and usage. I can't perform finishers or do finisher damage, range and duration is extremely limited. It seems this change was not fully thought out and saying you wanted to keep his other ability from being overshadowed but didn't mention any useful changes to radial javelin.

Edited by Fate0

25 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I can agree with the mirage nerfs, but excalibur multiple nerfs, mag is destroyed, valkyrs only good skill is nerfed, trinity is gone (honestly who thought this was a good idea?) and supposedly Ash is next. You guys thought of this one day before the update and thought it would be a good idea to let it through? I just can't get myself to play knowing everything I loved can just be destroyed.

I just don't feel motivation to deal with it, on top of the evident warframe is grind problem. 

Mag did not get***ing nerfed jeeze why do people think it's a nerf? It was a ReWork if anything they buffed mag and volt. sure there were some nerfs but they were to reduce op metas.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think these nerfs are a mixed bag. DE might not want mag nuking Corpus with Shield Polarize, or Valkyr tearing things up with Hysteria, but riddle me this:

HOW are we supposed to survive against level 100+ enemies without at least OCCASIONAL use of these skills? and why do DE do things like this, without taking into account the balance vs. enemies? It's baffling

this was not the new I hoped for tonight. I hope these nerfs aren't as extreme as they sound....

They are not NERFS they are reworks

Mag nukes just about as much as before but can now nuke grineer as well.