Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Revisions Feedback Post Update 18.13

[DE]Danielle

4 minutes ago, KuroItami said:

Is it possible to hit high damage output without primed target cracker & primed pistol gambit?

ya, take the numbers i was getting and take it down like a third or something for the normal versions

Was mmn noch fehlt ist, dass das "black hole of death" langsam wieder größer wird wenn man nicht schießt, so dass man nicht peacemaker canceln und für die aktivierungskosten neu starten muss...und laufen, aber extrem verlangsamt wäre auch cool. Schließlich konnte die "Vorlage" für die Gunkata ebenfalls laufen.

About peacemaker ability only.

- Give Mesa ability to jump/bullet jump and move at walk pace, like Ivara has in her Prowl ability.

- Reduce insane energy drain on Peacemaker. 15 is way too much.

Everything else seems pretty ok, for now...

I'm really liking them. 

Seeing how we can add different damage type to peacemaker AND proc (holy crap!) with it aswell was a neat addition that made her a more complete frame. I tested it out in the simulacrum with some lvl100's and in some random runs and it performed very well. Also, having her 2nd always active on her and then rotate on teammates, it feels as it should have always been as such; great change. 

I have once again made a slot for her, I'll continue to play her now (had to kick that mirage cheeseframe out). 

1 hour ago, KuroItami said:

Why am I getting only 200 crit, what am I missing? ;-; 

using akmagnus and mods eqpd: 

Is it possible to reach the highest damage potential with akmagnus and some cheap arse mods?

So you still don't know how these 'exalted skills' work after so long? The weapon itself has 0 meaning, you can literally use a Lato with crit mods and it will still have the same effect.

Just dump all the damage mods you could get, including maxed elementals, which will double or triple your damage output. Primed crit mods would be way better as well, but it seems you don't have them. Also, at least moderate power str on Mesa.

1 hour ago, KuroItami said:

Why am I getting only 200 crit, what am I missing? ;-; 

using akmagnus and mods eqpd: 

Is it possible to reach the highest damage potential with akmagnus and some cheap arse mods?

0IifVfH.png

your elementals are unranked...  should be maxed.....

throw away that no return....

peacemaker scales with mods.  the weapon doesnt matter

7 hours ago, tischkanteVS said:

SUPER AWESOME !! Shooting Gallery stays with me, Shatter Shield is still fine, Ballistic Battery when i Need to take down Heavies(55k Corrosive Headshot??!!?!111). THIS IS HEAVEN.

Peacemaker procs Status effects from Secondaries from time to time? WOAAAAAAH

Build:

mesa7usa7.png

Secondary Build(Gammacor because still hardest Secondary in my Opinion):

gammacor0mjm9.png

Why you go with stretch ? Is it necesarry ? Because in my build i have a very short range more strength and duration. And only one streamline

22 minutes ago, agafurk said:

Why you go with stretch ? Is it necesarry ? Because in my build i have a very short range more strength and duration. And only one streamline

Its to get at least SOME range because Shooting Gallery is such an awesome CC Skill. It Blinds enemies(Corrupted, Corpus, Nullifiers(If Bubble gone), Grineer and Infested) So if you put some range for Shooting Gallery on it you can basically just walk freely and nothing can ever hit you, except from far afar whereas your Gallery wont reach(*shhhh ... Insane CC build is max Range with Duration ... shhhh*)

As a shooting gallery mesa this update was GLORIOUS. Shooting gallery now does what I always wanted it to do without having to go solo.

Peacemaker however was not impressive. felt like it was weakened too severely making it much too dependant on having high end mods to be effective unlike say valkyr or excal who's ulti's can get the job done either way.  Considering the shrinking crosshair as well i feel her damage output should be much higher than it is or the minimum crosshair size in peacemaker needs to be buffed so she's not stuck with tunnel vision and needing to recast quite so often. Status proc rate also seemed a bit off but that could've just been rng messing with my testing.

6 minutes ago, tischkanteVS said:

Its to get at least SOME range because Shooting Gallery is such an awesome CC Skill. It Blinds enemies(Corrupted, Corpus, Nullifiers(If Bubble gone), Grineer and Infested) So if you put some range for Shooting Gallery on it you can basically just walk freely and nothing can ever hit you, except from far afar whereas your Gallery wont reach(*shhhh ... Insane CC build is max Range with Duration ... shhhh*)

Well Bro I like to play with Mesa and I understand now what you mean with shouting gallery (CC) I must try this at the Simulacrum. Thx :D 

Honestly i must say, Mesa's buff on the revision, along with the secondary gun scaling and the mods, it is a beautiful idea and i would like to thank the person whom helped to make it possible. It is only logical to have mesa's peacemaker which has dual secondary gun to have its own scaling with a secondary gun-type. This is beyond wonderful, it is now a complete mesa update i must say. Though i agree that the peacemaker's 4th to win is definitely not good in supporting a productive team-gameplay, by buffing the secondary is the absolute thing to compensate for this adjustment. Thankyou DE, it's a good work here. +1 

Mesa is in a good place right now. I love the recent changes. Shooting Gallery staying with you makes it much more viable for playing in a group. Peacemakers definitely deal high damage, but that's compensated for with high energy cost and the inability to move. The one change I'd like to make is giving Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield the same duration, but that's purely for ease of use. All in all, great job with this one and thanks DE!

Knowing what the exact stats for the regulators are would be nice so that we could properly mod towards what ever it strengths maybe after the "tone down" and for an Ulti that locks you in place the drain is too high by itself. The only suggestion I have for that would be either reduce the drain itself or reduce it when standing still and have it at its current value when she moves around (of course this would require you actually allowing her to move while in peacemaker)

Mesa is stll quite one dimensional character. First skill is still very situational and instead of one passive skill you want to be active at all times there are now two. Not much else to say: powerful and boring.

Some things I'd like to talk about:

Peacemaker and weapon-scaling abilities in general:

Peacemaker
Still doesn't feel interactive enough. Imagine these added changes:
* Can move completely freely, like any other "Exalted" weapon
* Primary fire is freely aimed shooting, like a regular weapon
* Aimging is aiming
* Secondary fire is the auto-aim-shooting. However, instead of the shrinking reticule, it is now a shrinking RANGE. X amount of shots have full range before the shrinking starts. Shooting with Secondary fire roots you in place though.
* Hitting enemies with Primary fire rather quickly restores the Secondary fire's auto-aim range (incudling growing back those X fullrange shots), making you want to alternate between the 2 firing modes.
* Now drains energy per shot, instead of over time. Autoaim shots drain a bit more per bullet.

That'd be FAR more interactive, imo.

Shooting Gallery change is great though, can't argue with that :)

Weapon-scaling abilities
Can we get seperate modding areas for Exalted weapons / abilities affected by weapon mods, please? It would be lovely if we could bring, say, Excalibur, to a Pistol only sortie, without his Exalted Blade hitting like weaksauce. After all, Exalted Blade is first and foremost an ABILITY, not a weapon per se.
If we could mod "exalted" weapons and abilities seperately (without the mod-restrictions like we have on Warframe vs Sentinel, thank you!), then it would do multiple VERY imporatnt things:
* You can mod your ability / Exalted weapon optimally, without possibly gimping your actual weapon in question!
* You can choose whichever weapon you want in the actual weaponslot, even those with weapon-specific mods, because it won't nerf the Exalted ability!
* In sorties etc: Ivara could bring a shotgun or no primary, Mesa could go without any pistols, Excal/Ash/Valkyr/Atlas/Wukong (and whomever else scales have weaponscaling abilities / have Exalted weapons) could go without a melee, and they would ALL still be able to use their abilities fully! Glorious, no?

I feel these changes are very good and make mesa a more viable frame, if they reduce the energy per second on her peacemaker a bit or make it like Ivara's bow then she'll be perfect in my eyes.

Also i made this build for the Lex Prime for getting the most out of peacemaker. http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Lex_prime/t_30_22222230_193-2-5-195-6-5-204-0-10-206-3-5-207-1-10-209-7-5-543-4-10-605-5-10_204-7-207-7-193-6-206-6-543-6-605-7-195-6-209-11/en/3-0-44/97018/0

Edited by SourTaco

19 hours ago, Nesit1 said:

Changes are awesome. Damage is sweet. But the thing I wonder about is modding.

Clarity is crucial, right? And it's hard to understand what build is better on her. From what I see:

1).Crit mods don't do much (because pistol crit mods are bad in general)

2).Physical damage of Regulators is almost even so physical mods aren't that good.

3).Fire rate mods don't work (?)

(that's what I understood from personal tests)

At first, the way it is - it's not that okay. The best way to mod is pure damage/multishot/elemental/fraction. What I want to see - crit builds were okay (if they aren't right now), Regulators will have some physical damage in priority (to increase it with mods).

At second, there are no clear stats of Regulators. Modded/unmodded. All building is quite intuative (don't say about wikia, game should provide info by itself, right?). We should have special window for this weapon and also Wukong/Excalibur's weapons (maybe Atlas as well on his 1st?). That would be cool.

Anyway, this patch is big step to great future, and I'm happy to see all of those changes. Great job!

pistol crit mods are'nt bad in generall, they depend on the enemy lvl, and on the gun, i mean, you wouldn't play Soma on status ether. some weapons are made for thos krit mods, for example aksomati. you cant reach a higher enemy lvl on those weapons with status mods, you are forced to use the krit mods on them to make the best out of them.

20 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Why? Mesa got great buffs and Volt was never better. Oh yeah, the cheese frames got hammered hard, I almost forgot about that...

No one will be using her peacemaker under conditions that it already in. 'Scaling' alone does nothing. There's still inability to move, look underneat, fire underneat yourself, aim properly (and not just moving your mouse from left to right while holding one button), insane energy drain that only ev can compensate for and visual effect that makes you want to womit after 10 seconds of using it.

Shooting gallery is now ok however. The only thing I cared here for personally.

I feel these changes are very good and make mesa a more viable frame, if they reduce the energy per second on her peacemaker a bit or make it like Ivara's bow then she'll be perfect in my eyes.

That bow is terrible too. 4 energy per shot with all the efficiencey mods regardless if you even hit an enemy or not? Not gonna use it personally. Don't see a single reason to, unless there's some bs like raptor with elemental resistance in the sortie that can't be killed alone by other normal means.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio