Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Revisions Feedback Post Update 18.13

[DE]Danielle

Ehm, i was kind a thinking, peacemaker is a "separate weapon" with its stats split between Puncture, Impact and Slash, why not rework her 1st in some way, that it changes or completely converts entire damage into one type Full Slash/Full Impact/Full Puncture. Judge Dredd style, to adapt to different enemies with different armor types/shields so to speak. (also makes use of mods like Maim, Bore and Pummel, since otherwise they are not really worth it)

Anyway, her 1st needs help, its not good :/

Mesa is having a buff, great!

Now damage is not ridiculously low, just low so she can be used finally!

Don't forget to buff first skill too as it can be useful if damage buffed massively(x10 minimum to make it worth spending energy to shoot thick mobs, as it fills slowly it can be up to x100 easily to let one-shot big ones when accumulated enough).

Like the Hotfix so far, still needs some more testng.

It's a bit off topic but can someone tell me why the heck mesa is the only frame with an exaulted weapon that can NOT shoot nullifier bubbles or destroy an eximus bubble?
It was always like that but it just drives me crazy....

Edited by Xingjutsu

I actually really like the way Peacemaker is. It's ludicrously powerful, but it has enough drawbacks to make using it an actual tactical decision, rather than just something that people end up using 110% of the time. It's powerful, but it's not a be-all, end-all.

DE have you considered making Mesa's Peacemaker the pistol variation of the Exalted weapons?

Ivara has her primary weapon centered bow and Excalibur has his melee weapon based that you have complete control over.

Mesa's Peacemaker energy can be drained the same way Ivara's arrows drain her every time she shoots and when the ability is turned activated.

Ever since I heard about you guys introducing the Exalted weapons, I've been hoping that you would go back and turn our sharpshooter into a frame that takes more skill than "Press 4 to win."

Loving the fact that you finally based Peacemaker on secondaries and the Shooting Gallery fix, keep up the good work =D

On 5/28/2016 at 5:53 AM, -BM-Leonhart said:

So you still don't know how these 'exalted skills' work after so long? The weapon itself has 0 meaning, you can literally use a Lato with crit mods and it will still have the same effect.

Just dump all the damage mods you could get, including maxed elementals, which will double or triple your damage output. Primed crit mods would be way better as well, but it seems you don't have them. Also, at least moderate power str on Mesa.

Thanks, haha yeah, I didn't know how 'exalted skills' really work :V 

On 5/28/2016 at 5:53 AM, hukurokuju5 said:

your elementals are unranked...  should be maxed.....

throw away that no return....

peacemaker scales with mods.  the weapon doesnt matter

Thanksies. finally I am able to melt lv.100 gunner :)

thanks for the change to shooting gallery ! its great 

now if ballistic battery got some love mesa would be in a good place

Savletto:

Trickshot. Mesa can draw her singature pistols to quickly unload special ammunition without engaging Peacemaker mode.
It will work similar to Vauban's Minelayer. There's three types of trickshots Mesa can swap between and utilize:

Disarming Salvo - once charged (hold ability button for 1.5 seconds), Mesa draws both her pistols and quickly destroys weapons of every enemy on the screen in range of Peacemaker, permanently disarming them.

Dazzling Bullet - once charged (hold ability button for 1.5 seconds), Mesa draws her right pistol and shoots special bullet that explodes on impact, blinding enemies in radius of 12 meters for 5 seconds (both range and duration scale with mods).

Silver Bolt - once charged (hold ability button for 2.5 seconds), Mesa draws her left pistol and shoots special bullet that deals 1.8x of Peacemaker damage, ricochets from initial target to nearby enemies in radius of 3 meters until they're dead or there's no one it can jump to anymore. Penetrates armor and shields (damage and range of ricochet scales with mods). 

SaxPanther:

Quickdraw: Dash a short distance and reload all your weapons. This ability can be used while Peacemaker is active. For a few seconds you have massively increased holster speed (or increased fire rate while in Peacemaker).

Bullseye (Augment): Your next shot after dashing deals double damage.

Edited by HAYABU5A

Mesa really needs to be able to use full the full mobility system while using peacemaker. Maybe make the targeting reticle much smaller while moving or something. As it is it's very anti-warframe gameplay and a stupid ultimate ability.

10 hours ago, (PS4)mahaman555 said:

Mesa's Peacemaker energy can be drained the same way Ivara's arrows drain her every time she shoots and when the ability is turned activated.

Except that idea cannot work for Mesa on 2 grounds

1. She does not have the energy pool of Ivara
  2. Peacemaker shoot ridiculously faster than Artemis Bow.

I'm glad that the change's language was "To accommodate the increase in power, Peacemaker's base stats have been reduced" rather than a mealy-mouthed 'tweaked' or somesuch. That said, I know what secondary mods are available, so it'd've been nice to have a ballpark (reduced by x%) so I could immediately get an idea of what these changes actually mean.

Was surprised and very happy the Shooting Gallery change. Reliability is a big deal.

Peacemaker... No idea what these changes mean in practice, Ability screen isn't detailed enough.

That said, and I'm talking purely of the mechanics, I do not find its current iteration to be fun to use. (Though the SG change does make you less likely to get blindsided.)

If she became a mobile damage dealer it will just be another Excalibur pre-nerf. That is why Mesa have that third skill to protect herself.

She just really need to be able to use his others skill in the peacemaker stance.

Mesa is super strong now, but opposed to most people here i really like that PM costs so much energy. It is a great ability to just pop into clear a wave of enemies in seconds and the stop until you need it again. Having it on all the time is not just unescessary, but also no fun, since standing around isnt too flashy.

She is my favorite frame and I never had more fun playing her than now.

Mesa Feedback:

Passive: Still good as is.

Ballistic Battery:

still useless as ever. Situational to a degree, that the situation you're looking for only exists on solo Assassination boss fights, against enemies who don't have crap invincible phases or terrible weak point gimmicks. Needs extremely well designed boss fights to be useful. Would be good in Dark Souls or some other game, if said game had guns. Bloodborne, Maybe?

Shooting Gallery: Really good now. Thanks for letting Mesa keep this for the full duration. Much needed. Really opens her up to more aggressive, fast play. Very nice change.

Shatter Shield: Still great. Thanks. Some way to set this and Tailwind to auto re-cast at or above 100 energy would be great, though.

Peacemaker:

-Damage is fantastic. I mean really great. Thanks.

-Now please let me move.

-Lower the cost. Add additional drain for moving while active at reduced speed. Allow dodging at 25 energy per dodge.

-Let us zoom (aim) while using.

Overall, nicely done. Thanks.

Building my Ovis Helmet Now in celebration.  Of all frames, she was hardest-hit with the initial peacemaker change.

She needs a "Duster" Syandana, DE.  Use her skin for a guide.

Now all I need is mah trusty Doge and that one last piece for Vectis Prime and I'll be walkin' the High Plains huntin' Grineer.

Recommendations on Secondaries?

Can i have 15 minutes back from reading this?

I like the mesa, i like the idea and concept about how peacemaker's guns can be changed with secondary mods.

But i wont be using her often. Back to storage mesa

My 2 cents:

-Shooting galery: finally, now its not ramdon

-Pacemaker: good dmg, good crit(with primed mods), scales with elementals(really nice). Energy cost still to high. Allow us to move at a reduce speed(similar to volt and ivara)while costing extra energy, reduce the cost to 15/sec or 3/2shot.

The change to Shooting Gallery is really great. It give a good, constant CC to Mesa arsenal, when in groups it extends the time it's with the other players and it goes very well with the changes to Peacemaker for even more damage. However, that change now make Muzzle Flash literally pointless for Mesa.

Yes, one of those lesser (if never) seen augments we have available to us. For those that don't know, MF does a blind around the affected player just before it switches target. However, as SG never actually leaves Mesa now (nor the last target as the ability ends, not switches target), the blind doesn't occur for the user with the augment on.

Now yes, most people wouldn't have used the augment before the changes, but as it doesn't actually affect Mesa anymore, I'd suggest making the blind go off when SG first gets placed on a player, as well as when it leaves/finishes. This would always be for Mesa and which ever player SG was on/being jumped to. This way all players would get some use of the blind and not just the middle 1/2 players as it currently stands.