Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

I think the biggest problem with this update is that it affects players who are new to valkyr than those who are considered veterans. I have the neccessary mods to just re-mod and get the same desired affect of just being able as I had before, albeit with less power strength.

I think this rework done to valkyr is pointless and does nothing but create a nuance to people who use valkyr in end game content.

Proof that DE doesn't actually play their own game.   The only people who say Valkyr has /any/ use outside of Hysteria have never played her. With Vitality/Warcry/Steel Fiber, she can still get three shot in sorties.  She has no function or usefulness- basically Wukong without guns.   Nerfing perma hysteria in itself is a pretty big deal.

But hey, wanna make energy conservation a thing? Fine.

What's not fine is the suicide bubble.  It gets to an absolutely ridiculous range and will easily instagib you in any high level mission. This is not fun. This is not interesting. This is not balanced. Valkyr is the only frame now that dies if a leech eximus appears, or a nullifier spawns in. The self damage needs reverted or removed entirely.

1 hour ago, Momo93 said:

Revert it, it's disgusting.

I did a test with Narrow Minded and Primed Flow alone. Before the nerf I was able to stay in Hysteria for 3 mins and 20 seconds (didn't do anything).

After the nerf I was only able to stay in Hysteria for one minute (again I didn't do anything). The suicide bubble is no longer affected by negative range so you can't even get rid of it now.

You need a ridiculously expensive build to make her useful for ONE minute BUT if ONE energy leech creeps up on you then you are finished. You can't channel without losing precious TIME. You can't do anything about the suicide bubble. You still can't steer her during Hysteria combos.

She is effectively useless now.

Only 60 seconds of Immortality and ridiculously high damage, yeah, she's useless now. /sarcasm

But I do agree on the 'stacking nerf'; Actually, all of these nerfs are IMO very much welcome BUT it seems that the cheapness from our enemies were forgotten.

Removing the mindless part of your strategies which trivialized the game but not removing the frustration posed by the many enemies which were made in the first place to counter this trivialization is only half the way.

Armor scaling, cheap CC of all sorts (rollers, a thousand hooks, slow recover animation), flamethrowers from lv 30 enemies that kills most warframes in less than a sec, one hit killing snipers, drain during channel, all these will need a looking at as well before we can call this a balance.

Eu achei que acabou o Game com ela basicamente, pois o Warcry dela é basicamente o Berseker, ou sejá se tornou inutil , pois tem um mod que já faz isso e a ulti dela acabou de vez mesmo o consumo de energia é muito alto. Acho que deveria deixar como estava, pois existem mobs que tiram ela do modo Hysteria e assim podendo matar ela, então acho que estava justo já.

3 minutes ago, XtDK said:

Proof that DE doesn't actually play their own game.   The only people who say Valkyr has /any/ use outside of Hysteria have never played her. With Vitality/Warcry/Steel Fiber, she can still get three shot in sorties.  She has no function or usefulness- basically Wukong without guns.   Nerfing perma hysteria in itself is a pretty big deal.

But hey, wanna make energy conservation a thing? Fine.

What's not fine is the suicide bubble.  It gets to an absolutely ridiculous range and will easily instagib you in any high level mission. This is not fun. This is not interesting. This is not balanced. Valkyr is the only frame now that dies if a leech eximus appears, or a nullifier spawns in. The self damage needs reverted or removed entirely.

This is probably my biggest issue with the rework. I don't like getting insta one shotted because I couldn't find the energy to satiate the drain.

Yes, I could easily run to another place with no enemies and recast hysteria, but this makes it a problem because what can you do when your team members are surrounded and require you to do mob blender and pick them up before your energy runs out when you have an insatiable energy hunger. I don't want to seem more useless than I already am but this energy drain is gonna be a problem when I can't find energy drops.

1 hour ago, Momo93 said:

Revert it, it's disgusting.

I did a test with Narrow Minded and Primed Flow alone. Before the nerf I was able to stay in Hysteria for 3 mins and 20 seconds (didn't do anything).

After the nerf I was only able to stay in Hysteria for one minute (again I didn't do anything). The suicide bubble is no longer affected by negative range so you can't even get rid of it now.

You need a ridiculously expensive build to make her useful for ONE minute BUT if ONE energy leech creeps up on you then you are finished. You can't channel without losing precious TIME. You can't do anything about the suicide bubble. You still can't steer her during Hysteria combos.

She is effectively useless now.

How did you only manage to stay in Hysteria for 1minute:

1 hour ago, ThatOddDeer said:

Despite the changes, which I feel are alright, the rest of valkyr's kit could be looked at.

Rip line is redundant post parkour 2.0. 

Warcry is massively over-costed for what it does and the armor bonus is totally worthless for hysteria. I suggest reducing the cost and changing the armor bonus to crit chance or crit damage (thematically berserker type things)or maybe lifesteal.

Paralysis is redundant because hysteria charge attacks do the same thing for free.

agreed

cept rip line, @(*()$ love rip line

1 minute ago, Lokime said:

How about... damage scales up with energy consumption? just think about it.

And make it a niche skill to use? That'll pretty much throw her into the trash pile if that happens, because her usefulness in long runs or missions with lv100+ mobs will diminish.

17 minutes ago, Husla said:

How did you only manage to stay in Hysteria for 1minute:

It was a test where I did nothing just stand around. Of course if you find orbs all the time you can stay in it perma.

Just now, Momo93 said:

It was a test where I did nothing just stand around. Of course if you find orbs all the time you can stay in it perma.

I found 2 orbs throughout that. I still stayed in it for over 4mins+ before I got bored of standing around. It was only using up 1 energy per second. So, I'm trying to figure out where you were losing so much energy.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)DanteVincent said:

Only 60 seconds of Immortality and ridiculously high damage, yeah, she's useless now. /sarcasm

But I do agree on the 'stacking nerf'; Actually, all of these nerfs are IMO very much welcome BUT it seems that the cheapness from our enemies were forgotten.

Removing the mindless part of your strategies which trivialized the game but not removing the frustration posed by the many enemies which were made in the first place to counter this trivialization is only half the way.

Armor scaling, cheap CC of all sorts (rollers, a thousand hooks, slow recover animation), flamethrowers from lv 30 enemies that kills most warframes in less than a sec, one hit killing snipers, drain during channel, all these will need a looking at as well before we can call this a balance.

60 seconds of immortality means nothing in high level content because of the cheap things you listed :).

Just now, Husla said:

I found 2 orbs throughout that. I still stayed in it for over 4mins+ before I got bored of standing around. It was only using up 1 energy per second. So, I'm trying to figure out where you were losing so much energy.

I only had Narrow Minded. But I don't find it fun that I have to stack power duration and lose power strenght.

11 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

I only had Narrow Minded. But I don't find it fun that I have to stack power duration and lose power strenght.

This is my build It works pretty good without a large trade off of power strength, if its in your play style you can use intensify instead of eternal war (Polarity of the slot is a dash)

0Rmcvmo.jpg

Edited by iKhon
Broken Image BBCode, Added some more info.

6 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

What? Narrowminded reduces range. Not power strength.

You don't even know how to mod for Hysteria yet you're whining. Use my build, then tell me. I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, Husla said:

What? Narrowminded reduces range. Not power strength.

You don't even know how to mod for Hysteria yet you're whining. Use my build, then tell me. I'm wrong.

Are you an idiot? Narrow Minded gives you 99% power duration and before the nerf it was the only duration mod I needed. The range reduction eliminated the suicide bubble now it doesn't.

Edit: My build is not purely for Hysteria but it still let me be in it for a very long time before the nerf.

Edited by Momo93

I think this is not good , because everything was perfect and now the energy per second sign is wrong , its also just useless to make this because you could easily recast the ability ! Please change it again and then there wouldnt be any hate , i bought 4300 platinum for this game because its GOOD but this update is the first part to make it worse :\

I'm quite happy with this change personally. Here's why.

1.) Permanent invincibility - This creates a meta within the game and an imbalance.

• In this past, Hysteria has been used in tactical alerts, events and sorties as a way to breeze through the harder game types with close to no repercussions. Rathuum is more than likely the #1 reason why this had to be changed. People were going into the endless rathuum for their clan's trophies with nothing but a high duration-efficiency build and staying immortal while killing everything in sight, getting their gold trophies in one run. I did this myself and I feel guilty for it. I knew there was a balance issue when I was up to level 250+ enemies and I hadn't run out of energy yet when I had just spent an hour in the arena.

2.) Versatility - Only learning to use one frame and not the rest.

• A new player asks what the best warframe in the game is or what frame they should keep, more often than not, it was Valkyr. This poses an issue. The new player  learns that this frame is utterly invincible and dishes out damage to back it up with very little weakness. Valkyr isn't hard to obtain either. This enforces the Meta that Warframe is trying to avoid. New players don't learn how to use other frames therefore, they don't use them simply because one warframe can tank, dish out damage and survive all the way to wave 200 whatever in a void defense and still keep on killing (that is to say you have others protecting the pod.). This is a problem, veterans usually running into people who only have and know how to use valkyr and nothing but in the recruiting chat.

3.) Set it and forget it - Players didn't have to think.

• The only strategy players had to carry out with valkyr: press four, run around and kill. You would pick up energy right away and you'd only have a one track mind. The way Hysteria works now makes you look at your energy bar, look for orbs and look for escape routes to cool down as well as kill enemies. You have to keep track of your warframe now, set it and forget it doesn't exist anymore and people are upset about it because they have to focus on other things other than their target. Unfortunately for these people, this change had to happen.
1 hour ago, Redskull94 said:

For me the rework is fine, tried with some high level units, switching from hysteria to normal melee in order to get the energy needed and changing a bit my current playstyle, seems pretty good.

The only problem actually comes with Nullies, but the fact is that isn't Valkyr the problem here, the Nullies are, like they were since their release in order to contrast those "Nuke-Frames" with Anti-Fun bubbles. Those indeed are needing to be looked at.

I mean even just removing those and leaving the Comba and Scrambus unit alone could be a better thing right now, then if you want to get deeper on the problem I think you'll have the time for that, DE.

Nullifiers were created to pose a threat and make players think twice. They add a challenge and balance between players and an enemy. It isn't DE's fault if you don't know how to get around them. They are an annoyance, yes, However they bring balance to the game and there are ways to get around them. 

After all, a hero without a weakness? We aren't gods.

Edited by KrazyKubrowLady

Ran my Valkyr though some simulacrum, as far as the duration of her Hysteria goes, not a big issue - I got about 5mins. More than enough. 

The issue I am seeing is the range of her aura - in Survival with the constant influx of enemies, this might be a bit of a iffy area. Can probably deal with it by using the ripline to go UP to get away from a crowd and turn it off. Energy Leech Eximus and Nullifiers are a death sentence if you've had a massive number racked up. Otherwise not too big of a deal for Valkyr.