Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Rate Progression On Higher Wave Defenses

sGs.salp

When doing higher wave defenses, the average amount of mods dropped per wave go to near zero. I understand that ammo and energy globes become more and more scarce on higher waves to increase the difficulty, but this is also the case for mods and resources, making it feel awkward. The number of mods dropped per wave go from an average around 5 per wave at the start to something like 1 per 5 waves on really high wave numbers.

I don't know if this is by design or an unintended side-effect of the lower overall drop rates, but I thought I'd at least mention it.

When doing higher wave defenses, the average amount of mods dropped per wave go to near zero. I understand that ammo and energy globes become more and more scarce on higher waves to increase the difficulty, but this is also the case for mods and resources, making it feel awkward. The number of mods dropped per wave go from an average around 5 per wave at the start to something like 1 per 5 waves on really high wave numbers.

I don't know if this is by design or an unintended side-effect of the lower overall drop rates, but I thought I'd at least mention it.

on the infested defences or in the defence missions in general, i have been getting maybe 1-5 mods from enemies per 5 waves.i kinda wish the drop rate of the mods and other items were higher or atleast higher by abit.i think it would make it much more meaningful but thats me.plus some mods are next to impossible to get, for example the fury mod. i spent about a week of doing infested defence to wave 5 (cause i have to solo and wave 10 i get bashe around to much by ancients.) but i barely get any good mods (hell today i got the loki warframe mod decoy about 6 times today.)

This is weird...I've never gone past wave 35 because I have to try my luck with random pugs, but I've noticed mods drop a lot *more* after wave 20, and even more after wave 30. From wave 30-35 I picked up an easy 15ish mods, and maybe 20 mods from rounds 1-29.

What really killed me were the lower drop rate of energy orbs, that I noticed. As a Nyx trying to use Chaos as much as possible it became much harder to do after about wave 30.