Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.1

[DE]Rebecca

17 minutes ago, Youre_Waifu said:

2016: Year of No Fun Allowed

>Prism no longer disabling every enemy on a map I specifically fire up so I can slaughter a bunch of very active, very angry enemies

2016: Year of Fun Finally Allowed. Now I can pub certain nodes with maybe a 33% lower risk of falling asleep.

17 hours ago, HalfOfLife said:

Volt's damage is still garbage.

Volt? Damage? Wat?

Tactical Frames like Volt aren't really meant to do damage like Excalibur and Mesa do. Volt was practically a multi-kit, but now he's become one hell of a swiss army knife. His abilities synthesize so much better now, and you even have the large energy pool to spend it on some Melee Channelling.

God I was having so much fun with Discharge during an infested Excavation.

Edited by EndlessHallucinogen

I'm sure other people have noticed this, but the syandana's (including the syndicate ones) gravity pull are different compared to the dangling parts of warframes, like they used to be. It'd be great if this was fixed to the way it was (where they kind of float down instead of just fall straight. Because of this weird gravity pull, some syandanas, like the steel meridian syandana, have parts that hang weird (the joints where the two cables merge into one on the steel meridian syandana, for example).

Alright, I know what happened with Volt.  Previously, Volt needed more CC or an order of magnitude more damage.

Now, Volt needs a grouping tool to use Discharge, he needs a knockdown for survival because Electric Shield isn't cutting it anymore, and he needs at LEAST 130% more Strength than I can build in order to use Speed at all...

Volt's undiagnosed and unpatched schizophrenia has gotten worse.

I don't even care about that passive.  I cannot ever use it for anything in a tactical fashion, so it's just a tacked-on vestige.

I was going to forma my Valkyr but.  Not sure if it'll be worth it sense the nerf.  It very hard to get a group for high end content and now she needs a group. I think the up spooling rate needs to be decreased and/or the glowing circle of doom needs to be reduced.  Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining but the nerf hit hard.

@[DE]Rebecca

I didn't get a chance to post this till now, but I think that the only change that is negative to Volt is the loss of the ability to cast Overload while in midair. One of the most effective tactics in maps like the Tree rooms in the Void and Derelict, or other multi level areas was to jump so that the wave would cover all the floors. Aside from that, I think his passive is nice. Somewhat funny because he is basically scooting his feet to build up static charge, so a bit silly, but I'm always a @#&* for extra damage. 

(If there is a proper feedback thread that I'm just missing, please let me know and I will put this there)

Edited by LilyLincesa
Forgot to tag Rebecca

41 minutes ago, ZaeXithos said:

Rebecca, you're supposed to bridge the gap between the player base and the devs. You're supposed to bring up the important issues. The forums have become a hug box, a place where criticism is demonized. I'm not saying that I'm in the right, nor am I saying that it's your fault. However, something must be done, and the criticism must not be allowed to be silenced. I love this game, it's one of the few games I still play. I don't want to see it crash and burn due to design issues. New quests and items be damned, balancing of enemies should be the first priority.

When you fill your criticisms with profanity and insults directed at the developers, it stops being criticism. At that point it is developer bashing, and it is not in keeping with the forum's code of conduct.

Constructive Criticism is not demonized, it's encouraged. Good, constructive criticism fulfills the following:

1. Identify what should be changed
  2. Propose alternative ways for how it should be changed
  3. Do so in a respectful, mature and civil manner

The third point is, despite being 3rd, the most important thing to fulfill. Filling the "criticism" with disrespectful, immature and toxic comments directed at the developers sabotages the criticism. It makes it far less likely to be read or regarded by the developers. No one enjoys being degraded or insulted (I mean maybe it floats the boat for some people, but not here). It is entirely possible (and really not at all hard) to be critical of something without being disrespectful or resorting to vulgarities and profanity.

By keeping it respectful, you not only increase the chances of having it read by the developers, you also increase the chances of it being regarded by the developers. 

So, if you really want to provide feedback and increase the likelihood that DE undoes some of the changes they've implemented, do so in a mature, respectful and constructive manner. Don't fill it with snarky insults and profanity.

Was looking forward to all of Volt's changes. Reading Lily's post, what constructive reasoning is there for removing the mid-air cast? 

It is an effective tactic when hitting an overwhelmed room just before I revive an ally.

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

When you fill your criticisms with profanity and insults directed at the developers, it stops being criticism. At that point it is developer bashing, and it is not in keeping with the forum's code of conduct.

Constructive Criticism is not demonized, it's encouraged. Good criticism fulfills the following:

1. Identify what should be changed
  2. Propose alternative ways for how it should be changed
  3. Do so in a respectful, mature and civil manner

The third point is, despite being 3rd, the most important thing to fulfill. Filling the "criticism" with disrespectful, immature and toxic comments directed at the developers sabotages the criticism. It makes it far less likely to be read or regarded by the developers. No one enjoys being degraded or insulted (I mean maybe it floats the boat for some people, but not here). 

By keeping it respectful, you not only increase the chances of having it read by the developers, you also increase the chances of it being regarded by the developers. 

So, if you really want to provide feedback in the hopes that DE undoes some of the changes they've implemented, do so in a mature, respectful and constructive manner.

I stated that focusing more on balancing enemies than on other trivialities would be beneficial. That is constructive, it offers a solution.

6 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The devs actually care about constructive criticism on the forums? That's pretty fresh.