Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.1

[DE]Rebecca

You still on that? I stopped caring and decided to do some more testing so I can be productive. Did sorties just fine today. Hell, I enjoyed the interception mission more because I was able to fight enemies who can fight back. I don't do trials because some players ruined it for me a while ago because I didn't have Mirage. Decided I don't really like being told how to play this game. I'm handling the changes fine and nothing you or anyone else can say will ever get me to join the "revert the nerf" bandwagon. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see if I can duplicate this self-kill Mag bug reliably enough to offer a suggested fix. Have a good day with your salt party.

Oh, I almost forgot. This week the devs will be discussing enemy scaling and difficulty. Maybe now you won't wait as long as you say you are. Maybe reading the latest workshop post would've told you that. 

You got a good idea to fix enemy scaling? Share it instead of wasting more time here.

Edited by CrazyCortex

I've noticed that Volt's speed now takes 3 seconds to activate, with the ability timer running during those three seconds. So now, Speed is 3 seconds shorter than usual. I really, REALLY hope this is a bug. Can't count the number of times I've been killed by Speed not activating instantly.

EDIT: I've noticed this only happens when I am not host, which means that the Speed ability trigger has been moved to Host side rather than Client side by the rework, Please fix this, DE, sometimes it doesnt activate at all.

Edited by KaizergidorahXi

On 5/28/2016 at 0:28 AM, ZaeXithos said:

Okay DE.  I'm going to step back from the actual decisions being made here.  I want to talk about the philosophy behind them, and what you, as developers, need to be thinking about when you make these changes.  They smack of kneejerk reactions, without understanding the deeper meanings of why things happen the way they do.  So as someone who's worked in game development myself, I'm going to help you bridge the gap between player's-eye viewpoint and dev's-eye viewpoint.

Now, with any content you make, people are going to look for strategies that beat it.  That's the nature of the game.  It's the nature of every video game - to overcome the challenges the devs have put before you and reap the rewards, then use those rewards to meet and overcome the next set of challenges.  Your goal, as a developer, is to provide a challenge to your playerbase that is difficult enough to require strategy and tactics and preparation, but is also winnable within a margin of error that is humanly achievable.

Warframe's highest-end content has a serious problem with that.  Once enemy levels get into the 60s, 70s, 80s+, survival becomes increasingly binary.  You are either alive and strictly invulnerable, invisible, or sheltered behind tens of thousands of intervening effective health points, or you are dead the moment you are exposed to enemy fire.  First it's the bombards, who deal ridiculous damage over huge AoE.  Then you notice that seekers and eviscerators are one-shotting you too, and soon enough you fear stepping outside that Frost's bubble for even a half second lest you catch a stray Grakata round and spontaneously evaporate into a cloud of gore.

Some people look at that and go 'nope, not playing that, that's not fun.'  In the interest of full disclosure, I'm one of 'em, typically.  I've never been fond of games where one slight mistake will end you.  This is why I don't play sorties, despite the rewards.  I don't know a lot of people, I don't like trying to put together a team for it, and it has such strict requirements on what you can and cannot bring to the table that most of my arsenal is useless in it.

Others, however, look at that and go 'challenge accepted.'  They will look for ways to overcome even this extreme difficulty.  Like Ivara surviving while invisible and using sleep arrow and covert lethality to score kills regardless of armor and HP.  Or Blind Mirage rendering entire spawns comatose across an entire map and then merrily obliterating them one after another.  Or Ash using a combination of invulnerability and finisher damage to kill enemies he could never take in a straight fight.  Or Excalibur utilizing EB's range and blind-spin to get free finishers and stay out of reach of enemies while still benefitting from his sword boost passive.

The fact is, players look for ways to trivialize content because there's content that's very good at trivializing players.  It is, in fact, using content-trivializing strategies is the only way to survive player-trivializing content.

When health and armor don't matter, and shields are merely a formality between enemies and your health, your best guns take off mere slivers of enemy health, and all the buffs in the world won't fix either of those situations, that's when players reach for the nuke options - invulnerability, invisibility, scaling damage absorption, finisher damage, finisher openers, and instant-kills.

What's important to remember is that players are right to do this.  You made the content capable of obliterating anyone without these tools; therefore, players are going to use the tools you gave them that work.  And they're going to keep using them, until you either take the tools away (nerfing), or the tools are no longer necessary and there are more efficient and less-drastic means of accomplishing the mission.  If my guns started to deal damage again, and my shields and health could actually survive a bullet or two, I might decide to use them over wtfhax bladestorm/stacked snowglobes/BLIND BLIND BLIND SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP FINISHER FINISHER FINISHER.

So here's what you, as game devs, need to do.  Ask yourselves the question, "What are players SUPPOSED to do to defeat this content?"  And gear your changes towards THAT.  You need to make a hard decision as to what gear and what methods players are allowed to use, and which are exploitative and need to be either nerfed-out or compensated for.  The answer "Players aren't supposed to defeat this content" isn't an acceptable answer; it's a terrible GM that measures success in trashed character sheets, and likewise it's a terrible developer that measures success in Game Overs.

Finally, you need to look at rewards in the light of the effort required to get them.  If defeating a piece of content is supposed to be a difficult task and a momentous event when you and your cell succeeds, then the rewards should be commensurate.  The rewards need to be something immediately good and useful.  If you throw out player-trivializing content, and then say to those who beat it "Congratulations, now run it five hundred times more if you want a reasonable chance to get the actual good rewards from it" then they're going to look at you, scoff, and walk out.

This is how you make good gameplay.

I couldn't agree more. And another customer wrote that these things have been debated for 3 years - I've been here 3 years, and it's very true. Its hard to see what kind of game DE really wants here. My initial experience was "challenge" but now it's more like impasse. On another note I found it sad that they make adjustments to frames like Mesa - it wasn't that long ago they nerfed her until wet gunpowder spilled out of her forehead...

There is a place they do not want you to go - ever, it seems.

They don't want you breaking records. They don't want you playing high level content.

They don't want you playing extended amounts of time.

They don't want you to be too strong.

They don't want you to be any better than someone who started playing 5 minutes ago (extremely anti-veteran).

They don't want you collecting resources - and I mean they don't want you collecting them AT ALL, not that they are making it "challenging", because once you get good enough to get past their barriers, they don't allow you to be a master of it - they build new barriers and kick you off the wall.

They do not want people to become experts of master of their game. Most games reward you for that, DE punishes you by nerfing everything you rely on to get you to a point of mastery.

They don't seem to appreciate or want veterans, and their appreciation window of time seems to get shorter and shorted as time goes by.

I'm pretty sure that they don't want you to have fun. People want challenge, but the game has plenty of challenge already without all the walls they keep building. There is a fine line between challenge and impossibility, and it seems DE is racing towards the impossible line, totally obliterating the challenge marker... Maybe DE didn't care about our reaction to yet another round of nerfs because U19 is coming and "people are focused on that"... But then, Overwatch is coming too - and are our minds REALLY on U19? Really? We are going to forget about all this because of U19? Actually, it puts a big wet blanket on U19 - a lot of people are saying "Well if this is any indication of U19, I'm not interested in going any further...". We know what assuming does.

Still no time to properly Volt in void today. 

Somewhat worried now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4lf4x6/volts_new_ultimate_discharge_damage_cap/

Volt was never a main, but I started to feel like he could become one as I honed my melee playstyle with him. Here's hoping it isn't as bad as that, and that (linked above) and that if it isn't working, we can revisit it (as we did Frost's Globe).

15 hours ago, WingedCrusade said:

Did you use them in tandem with each other? I ran an intercept mission with level 40 enemies who kept swarming me and they performed just fine with how I used them.

Level 40 enemies still take damage. Go into a T4S for an hour or two. Try a sortie. Mag's 2 doesn't work anymore, plain and simple. When any type of ability gets a flat value, and it isn't CC, it is no longer viable in endgame content. 

On 5/27/2016 at 9:28 PM, ZaeXithos said:

Okay DE.  I'm going to step back from the actual decisions being made here.  I want to talk about the philosophy behind them, and what you, as developers, need to be thinking about when you make these changes.  They smack of kneejerk reactions, without understanding the deeper meanings of why things happen the way they do.  So as someone who's worked in game development myself, I'm going to help you bridge the gap between player's-eye viewpoint and dev's-eye viewpoint.

Now, with any content you make, people are going to look for strategies that beat it.  That's the nature of the game.  It's the nature of every video game - to overcome the challenges the devs have put before you and reap the rewards, then use those rewards to meet and overcome the next set of challenges.  Your goal, as a developer, is to provide a challenge to your playerbase that is difficult enough to require strategy and tactics and preparation, but is also winnable within a margin of error that is humanly achievable.

Warframe's highest-end content has a serious problem with that.  Once enemy levels get into the 60s, 70s, 80s+, survival becomes increasingly binary.  You are either alive and strictly invulnerable, invisible, or sheltered behind tens of thousands of intervening effective health points, or you are dead the moment you are exposed to enemy fire.  First it's the bombards, who deal ridiculous damage over huge AoE.  Then you notice that seekers and eviscerators are one-shotting you too, and soon enough you fear stepping outside that Frost's bubble for even a half second lest you catch a stray Grakata round and spontaneously evaporate into a cloud of gore.

Some people look at that and go 'nope, not playing that, that's not fun.'  In the interest of full disclosure, I'm one of 'em, typically.  I've never been fond of games where one slight mistake will end you.  This is why I don't play sorties, despite the rewards.  I don't know a lot of people, I don't like trying to put together a team for it, and it has such strict requirements on what you can and cannot bring to the table that most of my arsenal is useless in it.

Others, however, look at that and go 'challenge accepted.'  They will look for ways to overcome even this extreme difficulty.  Like Ivara surviving while invisible and using sleep arrow and covert lethality to score kills regardless of armor and HP.  Or Blind Mirage rendering entire spawns comatose across an entire map and then merrily obliterating them one after another.  Or Ash using a combination of invulnerability and finisher damage to kill enemies he could never take in a straight fight.  Or Excalibur utilizing EB's range and blind-spin to get free finishers and stay out of reach of enemies while still benefitting from his sword boost passive.

The fact is, players look for ways to trivialize content because there's content that's very good at trivializing players.  It is, in fact, using content-trivializing strategies is the only way to survive player-trivializing content.

When health and armor don't matter, and shields are merely a formality between enemies and your health, your best guns take off mere slivers of enemy health, and all the buffs in the world won't fix either of those situations, that's when players reach for the nuke options - invulnerability, invisibility, scaling damage absorption, finisher damage, finisher openers, and instant-kills.

What's important to remember is that players are right to do this.  You made the content capable of obliterating anyone without these tools; therefore, players are going to use the tools you gave them that work.  And they're going to keep using them, until you either take the tools away (nerfing), or the tools are no longer necessary and there are more efficient and less-drastic means of accomplishing the mission.  If my guns started to deal damage again, and my shields and health could actually survive a bullet or two, I might decide to use them over wtfhax bladestorm/stacked snowglobes/BLIND BLIND BLIND SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP FINISHER FINISHER FINISHER.

So here's what you, as game devs, need to do.  Ask yourselves the question, "What are players SUPPOSED to do to defeat this content?"  And gear your changes towards THAT.  You need to make a hard decision as to what gear and what methods players are allowed to use, and which are exploitative and need to be either nerfed-out or compensated for.  The answer "Players aren't supposed to defeat this content" isn't an acceptable answer; it's a terrible GM that measures success in trashed character sheets, and likewise it's a terrible developer that measures success in Game Overs.

Finally, you need to look at rewards in the light of the effort required to get them.  If defeating a piece of content is supposed to be a difficult task and a momentous event when you and your cell succeeds, then the rewards should be commensurate.  The rewards need to be something immediately good and useful.  If you throw out player-trivializing content, and then say to those who beat it "Congratulations, now run it five hundred times more if you want a reasonable chance to get the actual good rewards from it" then they're going to look at you, scoff, and walk out.

So much this. It's gotten to the point where i'm almost afraid of sharing my strategies with people, because it feels like if I've found something that works, i need to keep it a secret, otherwise i'll get punished with a nerf. It's so backwards, players should be rewarded for finding clever and inventive ways of getting the best of our challenges, instead, we're punished with horrible nerfs that cut us off from those strategies. What almost gets me as bad is it seems that when frames are bad, it's so much less a priority to make them playable than to just keep finding out what works and nerf it until it doesn't work. Reminds me way back with the absorb rework, they buffed it, giving it a toggle feature, but then added power strength as a factor shortly after, which anyone who actually plays or played nyx knows is a fundamental betrayal of her theme of using the enemies own power against them, it made absorb much worse than it was before even the buff, so it's almost like nyx would have been better off had DE never changed the original one-shot duration absorb in the first place. Yet here we are, so much later, and absorb is still is ineffectual as ever, power-hungry to the point of suicidal for late game, and too slow to kill as effectively as guns in early game. Absorb was left in an awful place because apparently underpowered is an acceptable way to leave things when you give up, and that's a seriously chilling philosophy that needs to be dropped.

I so wonder what the devs want from us sometimes. Do they want us to not develop strategies to take on challenges? It feels like it, because they punish us for finding them by crippling our favorite frames we put so many forma and catalysts and so much love and time into. Do you want us to just stay with one frame and one strategy only forever? Obviously no, the game's whole progression system is about trying new frames and weapons to see what you can figure out. So what gives? How you want me to play devs where i'm having fun overcoming challenges, and where you aren't pulling the rug out from under me all the time?

Scaling is a key thing you mentioned too, and i think it's actually at the heart of this problem, because the scaling in the game isn't, and really never has been, nor ever will be, able to be overcome using power-based strategies. As you mentioned really well, it's a binary thing, either you've developed a strategy for gaming the system, one that will inevitable leave more static values (like a set level of damage or armor as opposed to things like stealth, disruption, or invisibility), completely discarded, since static values simply don't cut it for late-game content, and i'm really not sure that it ever can, i'm not sure that's a problem that can really be solved without some completely unrealistic, god-level AI programming, which i don't at all expect or think is reasonable for anyone to expect, and instead encourage strategies that involve more of a sideways approach, which would be a cool thing i think if the devs embraced it rather than beating it to death with nerfs every time it showed up. To me, the way to go about this would be to create new challenges where our strategies we've become accustomed to won't cut it, enemies that have strategies or powers to counter certain things, challenges that force us to think differently, but leave us with the tools, non-numerical, non-power-based, sideways tools, to come up with our own solutions and strategies, rather than just make us throw our hands up and quit.  

I'm really worried about the future of this game, because more and more, all the frames that weren't bound to power strength, and those power-strength, solid-number based strategies, are being bound. Frost's globe has a health meter, Valkyr has exponential energy drain so there's more solid numbers involved in energy management, nyx's bubble relies on power strength, and in solid numbers, rather than chance or percentiles. If development keeps going in this direction, the only logical outcome is that late-game content become completely inaccessible. All of those sideways strategies will be stamped out, and eventually we won't have any more tools to develop new ones. The logical conclusion of this train of thought is the shrinking of the game, the state where we simply have no more tools left, and huge parts of the game are just unacceptable to even the most crafty of veterans, and i don't want to see that happen, especially when huge steps are being taken in the right direction in other areas, the lore is so much more vivid and rich than it was before, and i think the movement changes are so cool, and just keep getting better and better! This game is too good to shrink, so if any devs are listening, please give it room to grow.

On a completely different note, limbo theorem is still super bugged, at least for me. Please fix! Thanks!

On 5/28/2016 at 0:49 PM, UFOLoche said:

Yep, hop onto Archwing while you can, PS4/XBone players, cause this update basically makes it even LESS fun!  :D

archwing always had the affinty share range though it would be 200 m not 50 all that changed is that you now have a indicator telling you how many squad members are in range

15 minutes ago, .durandle. said:

archwing always had the affinty share range though it would be 200 m not 50 all that changed is that you now have a indicator telling you how many squad members are in range

Y'seem to have missed my point.  Interception is one of the favored modes for Archwing due to the large range of affinity, along with a constant influx of enemies.  The new update REMOVES the buffed affinity range FOR INTERCEPTION, y'follow?

Anyone who's played the game for more than a month can tell that there's a clear affinity range, and I'm not sure why people keep trying to tell me "Oh well it's always been a thing" as if I'm talking about anything that's NOT Interception.

I mean heck, I'll be fair, maybe it's explicitly not removed for Archwing Interception, although considering DE seems to have forgotten WHY this was put into place in the first place, I doubt it.  Nor do I really care as Archwing isn't even really that fun, so I haven't really bothered to test, and am just going to assume(Although people have pointed out the affinity range nerf IN INTERCEPTION has affected Archwing as well, which is a lot worse when you think about it!)

Edited by UFOLoche

Well, that's at least one bug that's been fixed. Can we fix the rest of the bugs that were put into some of the frames from the prior patch?

On 5/27/2016 at 11:28 PM, ZaeXithos said:

But this guy really breaks down a lot of the mentality I see the community as a whole develop. What are players supposed to do to win, when their tools to survive are sundered? Assassination bosses in Sorties are a nightmare. Raptor being the biggest offender for damage, Vay Hek an annoyance due to insanely absurd damage windows in his airborne form, and the Jackal due to the CC train and missile spam. Yes, Trinity can easily make herself effectively immortal. But what about her teammates? You know, the things that a support frame is supposed to be mindful of? And since recasting it gets rid of the buff during the cast, it means someone will likely end up dying during chain recasts to just make the buff stronger for the whole team. Additionally, 50 meters doesn't even cover the entirety of all singular tiles. Someone can still be nearby giving support, but not be providing affinity to the team or receiving any from the team due to his playstyle. For example, the Corpus Outpost Defense with the tall tower in the back. I had a friend decide he wanted to actually play with a sniper rifle for a bit, and he used that as a perch during an alert. He was never in range for affinity, even though he was at optimal range to make use of his sniper's maximum zoom without being overzoomed due to proximity. My gripe with snipers is that they aren't always one shot, one kill. Which, let's be honest, if you survive a sniper's round, either that sniper's dead soon, or you're dead in the second. Why does it take so many rounds to kill enemies with sniper weapons, even at relatively low enemy levels? [Around 20s at the highest]

I heard it said by many friends before I started playing forever ago that we were essentially glorious golden gods walking through mere mortals. Nowadays you run into content [Some sorties, Raids] that, without certain strategies or level of preparedness, you're torn apart like tissue paper thrown into a wood chipper, and the things that made us 'glorious golden gods' have been corroded. I've dumped many, many hours into this game. And at least two thirds of my three years time of being on Warframe, has been spent playing Valkyr. The fact her ult becomes excessively energy taxing is absurd. Why was this needed?

The miniature radial blind from Exalted Blade has poor range and is forced from a very common player go-to to clear out a crowd of enemies. Now it costs even more energy to solely do a slide attack? [Since, y'know, the blind is forced and drains more a small burst of energy to 'cast']

I'm still thinking the Mirage nerf was okay, since it sort of makes sense that you can only be blinded by what you even know exists. Being blinded through walls and dense obstacles doesn't quite make sense, but there's also the part where the Tenno are using 'Void Powers'; ie magic. Why does it have to make sense?

I remember the times back when Trinity's Blessing gave straight invulnerability for the duration to everyone. I'm kind of glad it got turned into DR instead, based on her ability to heal someone. Sure, it got gimmicked into Trinity players merely injuring themselves to give everyone on the team the resistance--but it took a sacrifice to gain that potency. You had to sacrifice a weapon's potency against enemies to be able to do the self-damage needed to hurt yourself without killing yourself. This change to give it both a fixed max range, and scale the DR based on heal performance across the team is absurd, especially since many of the scenarios where it would be used are brutal to the point being vulnerable means dying. Instantly.

Volt's passive is meh. His 1 is unchanged. His new speed is buggy, his shields are still fine. His new four is a bigger lightshow everywhere but just as effective--by not being so.

Mag's kit is kept roughly... Gutted in a garbage can. Pull was relatively unscathed, the new interactivity is nice, magnetize is neat. Polarize is near useless, and Crush merely crushes mag under the weight of bullets she'll eat. Concepts are great and all, but the implementations tossed at the players are not. Especially when all it seems to do is punish players for doing well for years at content that's been around for ages. I mean, the world record for T4 Survival wasn't even made with a Trinity. It had a Frost, Nekros, Mirage, and a Banshee. They lasted so long the enemies were around level 3700. And when they had to extract, they did so at a snail's pace, stuck inside an inching-forward Frost globe. For obvious reasons.

Aside from all of that, for months--nay, years--I said I was going to buy the Prime Access for Valkyr whenever it came out. If this change stays in effect... I'm not so certain anymore. It guts the potency. The exponential loss of energy limits the use of other abilities during it extensively. That, and safe spots are impossible to come by against Infested in survivals.

just a few toughts that came up when i was playing casually after making my first *@##$ing video

the problem withe mag in my opnion comes majorly from the fact that none of her powers feel reliable and adding that the corpus are very often very frustrading to play against (what mag was best at, removing them befor they could swarm u).

i am frustraited. when ever i play against the corpus and i dont have mag im constandly turning 180° to make sure im not getting killed bu some randome creeps from behind. not to mention that alot of the time they deny ur abilitys anyway making it hart to fight them off using just ur weapos.

also im not a fan of the casting time on polarize. i like it to be fast and explosive and we dont really have any nuke abilitys in the game (anymore). i see how nukes are antifun in group play, its the same reason i hate ash. but its a pve game its not like a little lack of balence will kill the game. its not like some kid is crying about getting oneshot here.

i dont want to only complain so my solution is this, only reverse POLARIZE to how it worked, drill down the numbers so its a notieable nerf but also in away that it doenst feel absolutly useless. also keep the armor and helath dmg componest vs the grineer theyr armor should mitigate enough dmg so it wont insta kill them like the corpus.

Edited by IrmaLair

Both Mutalist Quanta and Paracyst are cool looking weapons, but they're weak and should be buffed.

The Stradavar should be buffed as well, I personally suggest increasing the crit chance to 25% to actually make it useful.

And Chroma's Effigy is still bugged for me, also.

17 hours ago, akaSM said:

Scalability, the enemies have it, Mag used to. She no longer does. Her late game potential is gone.

From what people say, she supposedly got reworked like Saryn did, so that she no longer was a "Press # to nuke" frame. Except that's utter nonsense, their reworks may be similar but, only in that one "Press # to nuke is gone"  thing. Mag had scalability in her "nuke", Saryn never did. Mag was good at any level (against corpus and corrupted), Saryn was good early on but NOT good late game, her damage got obsolete quickly, she had no scalability.

I kept asking myself, why does poeple think im defending the new Mag?

Reading all the whining about endgame content (mostly Sorties, it seems) makes me wonder what Mastery Rank and time in game those guys have.

I have played almost every Sortie in 2016 and perfected my loadouts for pretty much everything they throw at me. With a half decent team (I always play public), no Sortie has really been a frustrating or unsolvable challenge. But they were challenging. And when I see that my public squad consists of MR 1-9 players, I know we'll probably fail that time.

Guys, this is endgame content. This is stuff that's supposed to be a challenge to MR21 players that have every possible weapon and frame at their disposal combined with the most useful focus for that specific mission type. The best weapons for any kind of enemy with 5-7 formas on them and the best possible warframe for any mission type with a couple of formas on them. My weapons still deal damage to lvl100 enemies. And there has not been a nerf that ruined anything for me. Just reasons to rediscover stuff I haven't played in a while or play some gear completely different from before. I'm switching frames and loadouts constantly, got something up my sleeve for almost any enemy/mission combination. And if not, I'll figure something out. It's the stuff that keeps Warframe interesting to me.

And yes, Sorties are surely impossible for low ranking players. But you can't have content that's a challenge to MR21s and still easily playable for MR1-5. That simply will not work. So Sorties and Raids simply might not be for everyone. To compensate, DE is considering easier Raids for beginners in the last devstream. Good idea. But imho there's no reason for easier Sorties. There's a whole bunch of planets full of easily playable missions.

Corpus Sorties are still the most challenging to me, I had gear capable of taking care of them and would still fail. What finally worked for me was changing my playstyle: faster, higher and always watching for those sapping ospreys to avoid them.

Or take the Jordas Golem for example: Players often ask for help to kill him. After some frustrating runs, I now look at their profiles first and check their gear. Not a single lvl30 Archwing or Archgun? I won't even join them, but I try to chat with them and explain. They just can't beat the golem. After my first failed attempt to kill the golem, I spent weeks to get the Itzal and Grattler, rank them up and find all the mods to get them just right, BEFORE I did a second attempt to kill him. And then it needed a few tries to find the right strategy. Nowadays I can pretty much solo him. So farming Atlas was easy... after weeks of preparation.

My point is: this is a game. Play it. Learn it. Prep your gear. Learn to mod. Take your time. There's nothing impossible in there but a lot is not an "instant gratification" thing for everyone. Might take weeks to get the right frame/weapon/mod/strategy to finish something. And in my opinion, that's great!

Edited by Pansai

6 hours ago, Pansai said:

Reading all the whining about endgame content (mostly Sorties, it seems) makes me wonder what Mastery Rank and time in game those guys have.

*snip*

MR 21 here, get off you MR high horse, MR only means how hard you've farmed and ground, not actual skill or even loadout viability. Now, you're talking about how "hard the game should be and only those who farmed and ground the hardest" and, it certainly is hard cheesingly har at times, the issue here isn't that, not at this time though but, how several of the viable late game frames range from "I guess I can use it" to trash.

Look at Mag, she was good at any level against corpus, she's now "not for late game tier" even against her own niche.

Were some of these things "unfair and cheesy"? Yeah, look at Mirage's now gone room blind. But, they were also necessary to overcome the game as it is now.

On 5/28/2016 at 1:10 AM, SmiteThemNoobs said:

Also, is mags 3 suposed to be that small? even with 145% range, it is something like 11m?
wooooooat?

fix plz

its based on duration now the 11m is the starting point at which it will expand depending on the dura you have....

55 minutes ago, akaSM said:

MR 21 here, get off you MR high horse, MR only means how hard you've farmed and ground, not actual skill or even loadout viability.

<snipped nerf mentions> But, they were also necessary to overcome the game as it is now.

I mentioned MR21 because it is (a) the prerequisite to have a complete toolkit to choose from and should (b) say something about your time played (which I expressly noted, too) and is (c) the easiest way to describe and recognize a "veteran player" (and I know how deceiving that might be at times, too).

But if a player that reached MR21 (and didn't waste his time on Draco to get there as fast as possible) he should've had the time to pick up some skill, learned how to mod, perfected their gear and loadouts. So I think your lashing out at me for mentioning MR is completely besides the point of everything I wrote.

And I simply disagree on "they were necessary". They were not. This is a coop game and no single power was ever "necessary", just made things easier. The right combination of stuff is key. Being "necessary" means there's no way other way to "overcome the game", which is simply not true. And before the "solo players" attack me now: this is not a solo game (as much as I enjoy playing solo now and then). If you make all the content "soloable" it'll be very easy for a team of 4 (and very boring). So there will (and should) be content that is simply not solvable alone. At least not for me on my high horse.

30 minutes ago, Pansai said:

I mentioned MR21 because it is (a) the prerequisite to have a complete toolkit to choose from and should (b) say something about your time played (which I expressly noted, too) and is (c) the easiest way to describe and recognize a "veteran player" (and I know how deceiving that might be at times, too).

Again, MR21 means nothing besides grinding and farming. Maybe someone doesn't care about the terrible archwing game mode, or some of the outright bad weapons and never leveled them, or those that don't suit this game's playstyle, like snipers. Sure higher MR means the account is most likely older but, asking for MR21 is just silly, that's only 1 MR below the current max.

32 minutes ago, Pansai said:

So I think your lashing out at me for mentioning MR is completely besides the point of everything I wrote.

When you start your post with.

8 hours ago, Pansai said:

Reading all the whining about endgame content

And proceed to berate players based on a number that's just 1 below the current max and how players below it shouldn't expect to complete said content, then you might as well use conclave as a measure of how good someone's loadout is.

38 minutes ago, Pansai said:

And I simply disagree on "they were necessary". They were not. This is a coop game and no single power was ever "necessary", just made things easier.

We got scaling enemies, we lost some scaling abilities. I hope you like hitting hard walls once you go beyond a point in endless modes.

39 minutes ago, Pansai said:

Being "necessary" means there's no way other way to "overcome the game", which is simply not true.

Again, scalability, enemies have it, we seem to be losing ours. Will we lose all scalability? Who knows. Will we lose it before enemies are balanced for that? I hope we don't

40 minutes ago, Pansai said:

And before the "solo players" attack me now: this is not a solo game (as much as I enjoy playing solo now and then). If you make all the content "soloable" it'll be very easy for a team of 4 (and very boring). So there will (and should) be content that is simply not solvable alone. At least not for me on my high horse.

I never even mentioned solo play. I always play in public sessions.

47 minutes ago, Pansai said:

They were not. This is a coop game and no single power was ever "necessary", just made things easier. The right combination of stuff is key. Being "necessary" means there's no way other way to "overcome the game", which is simply not true. And before the "solo players" attack me now: this is not a solo game (as much as I enjoy playing solo now and then). If you make all the content "soloable" it'll be very easy for a team of 4 (and very boring). So there will (and should) be content that is simply not solvable alone. At least not for me on my high horse.

"not necessary" when every enemy in a raid can one-hit kill you, one can kill the entire squad in one shot, and they have aim-bot installed so as to shot you right after entering a room, as if they knew you were there for hours. What saves you then? it's not one, or two of these, they are like 500, and you even have an objective other than survive. You can't let the enemy fire a single bullet, or else you fail the mission.

If you want to make it simple: Warframe stats care in the early phase of the game, survivality through mods. Weapons shine in the mid game, killing before they can kill us. And spam is what is important in end game, one HP run if you want to call it that, powers that reduce the freedom from the enemy side. There's no other way to see it, you can't out-DPS them, you can't out-tank them, they are 100 times better at those than you. They even have more accuracy, more friends, and over all that, better communication.

It isn't funny to die to a stray bullet, it isn't funny to die as soon as the door opens.

Leaving that aside, this game is part solo, with multiplayer encouragement. If you want content from raids you can always buy them in the trade chat. The game is not solo friendly, when friends can revive you in multiplayer for example. One way to make the content "soloable" is to reduce the enemy level and or number depending on how many players are playing, really, is not that hard pal, just a little fix, and that's all. The second raid phase could only ask to press, instead of holding the buttons, the first one could replace the buttons with shooting pads (like in void) and reduce the energy drain from the bomb, and the thrid one could change the buttons with pads like the first one.

It would still be extremely challenging, but is not impossible to make everything "soloable".

On the other hand, I only play with groups to have fun, honestly, playing solo is more to appreciate the game. I enjoy to chat with the people in the party while spamming our war-machine powers to decimate the enemy. You could say it's boring, easy, broken or OP but it requires a certain amount of knowledge to mod and skill to execute. I don't condone living in draco as it makes players burnout like a drug but I do encourage players to seek teams in order to efficiently beat the challenges the game presents (even tho the only challenge in draco is not being killed by those scorches like god damn they make no sound).

On 5/27/2016 at 10:50 PM, Aeriax said:

Any plans for about what's going on with Volt being basically unusable in high level content, moreso than before? No looking into the fact that usually, it's the stuff that you don't want to dump bullets into, like heavy gunners and bombards which become tesla coils, meaning you have to dump a magazine into them anyways after blowing 100 energy to get rid of a bunch of small irrelevant trash enemies?

Okay.

I have no idea how you could possibly complain about Volt's rework. He's far more amazing than before. I performed very very well in content lvl 70+. His new tesla coil is an amazing CC. Maybe you need better weapons and not criticize the frame for not carrying you. He has a very powerful set of abilities that should be no problem for you.