Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.1

[DE]Rebecca

38 minutes ago, magikninjaa said:

Aww man! i never got to hear it either!!! oh well i guess a gentleman never asks and a lady never tells....

Kinda sounded like a quick purr, mostly similar to the pull. x3

5 minutes ago, ZaeXithos said:

I stated that focusing more on balancing enemies than on other trivialities would be beneficial. That is constructive, it offers a solution.

But it failed to remain respectful--when you resorted to using profanity and disrespectful comments to convey your dissatisfaction, your feedback was no longer constructive--it was developer bashing. You sabotaged your own feedback by using insults and profanity.

If you want to be constructive in your feedback, make sure you voice your opinions in a mature and respectful manner.

Just now, Letter13 said:

But it failed to remain respectful--when you resorted to using profanity and disrespectful comments to convey your dissatisfaction, your feedback was no longer constructive--it was developer bashing.

If you want to be constructive in your feedback, make sure you voice your opinions in a mature and respectful manner.

I'm referring to the comment that you quoted. The only profanity therein wasn't directed at anybody. Further, it was hardly a swear.

I'm not sure if this has been made aware, but it would be nice if mag's polarize wouldn't   be able to shoot yourself if you're inside the polarize bubble. I absolutely hate getting insta-killed. It's so easy to troll people who are not aware of it.

11 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

When you fill your criticisms with profanity and insults directed at the developers, it stops being criticism. At that point it is developer bashing, and it is not in keeping with the forum's code of conduct.

Constructive Criticism is not demonized, it's encouraged. Good, constructive criticism fulfills the following:

1. Identify what should be changed
  2. Propose alternative ways for how it should be changed
  3. Do so in a respectful, mature and civil manner

The third point is, despite being 3rd, the most important thing to fulfill. Filling the "criticism" with disrespectful, immature and toxic comments directed at the developers sabotages the criticism. It makes it far less likely to be read or regarded by the developers. No one enjoys being degraded or insulted (I mean maybe it floats the boat for some people, but not here). It is entirely possible (and really not at all hard) to be critical of something without being disrespectful or resorting to vulgarities and profanity.

By keeping it respectful, you not only increase the chances of having it read by the developers, you also increase the chances of it being regarded by the developers. 

So, if you really want to provide feedback and increase the likelihood that DE undoes some of the changes they've implemented, do so in a mature, respectful and constructive manner. Don't fill it with snarky insults and profanity.

WHAT?

WHAAAT?!

Is this some copypaste thing or did you just not read the post you are quoting? No offensemeant of course it just seems to me like you missed the entire point of what he was talking about

1 minute ago, ZaeXithos said:

I'm referring to the comment that you quoted. The only profanity therein wasn't directed at anybody. Further, it was hardly a swear.

I'm referring to your comment which Rebecca had mentioned as being removed, and my post addresses your claims of criticism being silenced. As I mentioned previously, constructive criticism is not demonized, and it is most certainly not silenced. It is encouraged.

14 minutes ago, RinFoxxie said:

Can we please make the lamia  skin and helmet one purchase. Like all the rest of the skin and helmet combos

I believe that's due to royalty issues. The helmet was a collaboration and the base skin was made by a single person. Prices have to be seperate due to legality reasons.

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

I'm referring to your comment which Rebecca had mentioned as being removed, and my post addresses your claims of criticism being silenced. As I mentioned previously, constructive criticism is not demonized, and it is most certainly not silenced. It is encouraged.

Respond to my criticisms then. 

He rewrote his post. Why are you still lingering on that alone?

2 minutes ago, ZaeXithos said:

Respond to my criticisms then. 

Your criticisms about enemy balancing in the post of yours I quoted is fine, there's nothing wrong with it (although it probably wouldn't hurt to dive into more detail regarding how enemies should be balanced, which enemies should be affected, et cetera). There was something wrong with your criticisms in the post of yours which was removed (per Rebecca's comment).

1 minute ago, Wevi said:

He rewrote his post. Why are you still lingering on that alone?

I was replying in regards to the claims about criticism being silenced.

Mag's Magnetize does self, team, and objective damage. All damage put into the sphere of influence should be changed to tenno aligned safe damage. Or allow a method of removal/cancel in the event the magnetized target that resists CC (hyenas in this case, corrupt vor I can see being another threat or stalker even) becomes a presentable threat using the magnetize as an offensive weapon against the tenno. 

Your criticisms about enemy balancing in the post of yours I quoted is fine, there's nothing wrong with it (although it probably wouldn't hurt to dive into more detail regarding how enemies should be balanced, which enemies should be affected, et cetera). There was something wrong with your criticisms in the post of yours which was removed (per Rebecca's comment).

I am aware of that, I have moved beyond the deleted post.

Edited by ZaeXithos

Just now, Letter13 said:

Warframe is rated M for mature and yet people are getting told of for saying damn

Lol

Perhaps this isn't the best place to put it, but the introduction of a new community Mesa helm in 18.13.0 had me thinking:

Mesa's default helmet was blindfolded intentionally by the user (the ancient operator I suppose?) to add difficulty. Is there any chance we could get an alternate helmet with the blindfold removed? It'd be like how Valkyr's pre-experimentation body was released in response to curiosity ;D

16 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I was replying in regards to the claims about criticism being silenced.

Okay DE.  I'm going to step back from the actual decisions being made here.  I want to talk about the philosophy behind them, and what you, as developers, need to be thinking about when you make these changes.  They smack of kneejerk reactions, without understanding the deeper meanings of why things happen the way they do.  So as someone who's worked in game development myself, I'm going to help you bridge the gap between player's-eye viewpoint and dev's-eye viewpoint.

Now, with any content you make, people are going to look for strategies that beat it.  That's the nature of the game.  It's the nature of every video game - to overcome the challenges the devs have put before you and reap the rewards, then use those rewards to meet and overcome the next set of challenges.  Your goal, as a developer, is to provide a challenge to your playerbase that is difficult enough to require strategy and tactics and preparation, but is also winnable within a margin of error that is humanly achievable.

Warframe's highest-end content has a serious problem with that.  Once enemy levels get into the 60s, 70s, 80s+, survival becomes increasingly binary.  You are either alive and strictly invulnerable, invisible, or sheltered behind tens of thousands of intervening effective health points, or you are dead the moment you are exposed to enemy fire.  First it's the bombards, who deal ridiculous damage over huge AoE.  Then you notice that seekers and eviscerators are one-shotting you too, and soon enough you fear stepping outside that Frost's bubble for even a half second lest you catch a stray Grakata round and spontaneously evaporate into a cloud of gore.

Some people look at that and go 'nope, not playing that, that's not fun.'  In the interest of full disclosure, I'm one of 'em, typically.  I've never been fond of games where one slight mistake will end you.  This is why I don't play sorties, despite the rewards.  I don't know a lot of people, I don't like trying to put together a team for it, and it has such strict requirements on what you can and cannot bring to the table that most of my arsenal is useless in it.

Others, however, look at that and go 'challenge accepted.'  They will look for ways to overcome even this extreme difficulty.  Like Ivara surviving while invisible and using sleep arrow and covert lethality to score kills regardless of armor and HP.  Or Blind Mirage rendering entire spawns comatose across an entire map and then merrily obliterating them one after another.  Or Ash using a combination of invulnerability and finisher damage to kill enemies he could never take in a straight fight.  Or Excalibur utilizing EB's range and blind-spin to get free finishers and stay out of reach of enemies while still benefitting from his sword boost passive.

The fact is, players look for ways to trivialize content because there's content that's very good at trivializing players.  It is, in fact, using content-trivializing strategies is the only way to survive player-trivializing content.

When health and armor don't matter, and shields are merely a formality between enemies and your health, your best guns take off mere slivers of enemy health, and all the buffs in the world won't fix either of those situations, that's when players reach for the nuke options - invulnerability, invisibility, scaling damage absorption, finisher damage, finisher openers, and instant-kills.

What's important to remember is that players are right to do this.  You made the content capable of obliterating anyone without these tools; therefore, players are going to use the tools you gave them that work.  And they're going to keep using them, until you either take the tools away (nerfing), or the tools are no longer necessary and there are more efficient and less-drastic means of accomplishing the mission.  If my guns started to deal damage again, and my shields and health could actually survive a bullet or two, I might decide to use them over wtfhax bladestorm/stacked snowglobes/BLIND BLIND BLIND SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP FINISHER FINISHER FINISHER.

So here's what you, as game devs, need to do.  Ask yourselves the question, "What are players SUPPOSED to do to defeat this content?"  And gear your changes towards THAT.  You need to make a hard decision as to what gear and what methods players are allowed to use, and which are exploitative and need to be either nerfed-out or compensated for.  The answer "Players aren't supposed to defeat this content" isn't an acceptable answer; it's a terrible GM that measures success in trashed character sheets, and likewise it's a terrible developer that measures success in Game Overs.

Finally, you need to look at rewards in the light of the effort required to get them.  If defeating a piece of content is supposed to be a difficult task and a momentous event when you and your cell succeeds, then the rewards should be commensurate.  The rewards need to be something immediately good and useful.  If you throw out player-trivializing content, and then say to those who beat it "Congratulations, now run it five hundred times more if you want a reasonable chance to get the actual good rewards from it" then they're going to look at you, scoff, and walk out.

This is how you make good gameplay.

55 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

I'm pretty certain, you guys deleted those armor pieces from everyone including people who bought it.

Before 13.1 I had Frost Grost Armor

After 13.1 its gone.

im having the exact same issue ive even filed a bug report. also im haveing LEVEL UP appear every few kills or so. dispite...everything being maxed rank. o.- can you fix my grost ive been looking forward to a Technological skin for a long time.

1 hour ago, DeejayPwny said:

There's nothing wrong with the nerf. It cements Trinity as a TEAM healer. You know, that sticks with her TEAM. 

I just have to add "Please stay within 50 meters so i can heal you" to my notepad of copy and paste messages that i need to post in public matches now. No problem. 

Spends all their time tweaking and nerfing abilites that don't need it. And yet STILL if I attempt to exit the armory after spending more than three minutes in it, I crash to login. 

You guys are gonna need a planet-sized meteor to crush all these bugs pretty soon.