Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Connect Ingame Profiles To Forum Profiles?

overdosed

Thats probably already been discussed here, but why not create a feature similar to the N7 HQ in Mass Effect, where you can see the ingame statistics available in the ingame profiles by accessing someones forum profile? Could be pretty handy and id love too see it implemented.

I'd love that. Anyone who doesn't want this is only scared at people seeing their mediocre stats.

I don't want this because of people like you.

I don't need to see another one's epeen to consider whether his argument is valid or not...

This just leeds to much more comments like: "What, you've just played 100 hours and are not Rank 11, your argument isn't valid!"

Edited by DoBoMi

I don't want this because of people like you.

I don't need to see another one's epeen to consider whether his argument is valid or not...

This just leeds to much more comments like: "What, you've just played 100 hours and are not Rank 11, your argument isn't valid!"

Youd think this will happen alot, but it really doesnt, unless someone is actually acting like he knows it all and then it turns out hes been playing for 3 days, but this already happens with the system here where you can call out someone when you see hes been playing for a week.

Ive been playing me3 ever since it was released and ive also been on the forums since then and even after they released the N7 HQ this stuff happened really rarely and you always had the choice to make your profile private.

Edit: Oh and with the introduction of the N7 HQ mostly cheaters and ppl that were acting like they are a god in the game kept their profiles private. This shouldnt be a concern for normal ppl.

Edited by overdosed

Youd think this will happen alot, but it really doesnt, unless someone is actually acting like he knows it all and then it turns out hes been playing for 3 days, but this already happens with the system here where you can call out someone when you see hes been playing for a week.

Apparently you've never been on the League of Legends forums where every single forum thread in GD has someone looking up everyone else with a counterargument on LoLKing and proceeding with the ad hominem. People will do it as long as it isn't too inconvenient.

Apparently you've never been on the League of Legends forums where every single forum thread in GD has someone looking up everyone else with a counterargument on LoLKing and proceeding with the ad hominem. People will do it as long as it isn't too inconvenient.

Theres a big difference between the toxic PVP orientend Lol community and the community of a purely PVE game.

"I´m here from the closed beta or I spent more cash (so I´m better than you)" is argument,that I see on this board pretty often.

Back to the topic.

I really like HQ in Mass Effect 3.

For those who don´t know,it is possible to make it private,so no no to stalkers.

Theres a big difference between the toxic PVP orientend Lol community and the community of a purely PVE game.

And that being the fact that we channel all of our toxicity towards every single feature in the game instead of every single player we meet?

For those who don´t know,it is possible to make it private,so no no to stalkers.

Nobody's worried about stalkers. We're worried about people saying "lol u suck shuttup noob". And being "private" does not solve the problem. If your profile is private people start saying "lol y ur profl privte must be hiding smth"

Nobody's worried about stalkers. We're worried about people saying "lol u suck shuttup noob". And being "private" does not solve the problem. If your profile is private people start saying "lol y ur profl privte must be hiding smth"

If people wanted to troll you, there are many other ways to do so, even if this feature is never implemented. Trolls.. will always be trolls. E.g: shut up, you are a grandmaster, i don't need to listen to you about why this game is not P2W. Sounds familiar?

If people wanted to troll you, there are many other ways to do so, even if this feature is never implemented. Trolls.. will always be trolls. E.g: shut up, you are a grandmaster, i don't need to listen to you about why this game is not P2W. Sounds familiar?

That's like saying people should never use seatbelts to improve car safety because people still die in car crashes for other reasons.

The goal is to reduce trolling, any fool and their dog knows that its eradication is impossible.

Ive been playing me3 ever since it was released and ive also been on the forums since then and even after they released the N7 HQ this stuff happened really rarely and you always had the choice to make your profile private.

Edit: Oh and with the introduction of the N7 HQ mostly cheaters and ppl that were acting like they are a god in the game kept their profiles private. This shouldnt be a concern for normal ppl.

Like he said. I've played ME3 since april 2012, and doesn't saw any trolling incident on forums because of someone N7HQ.

Ok, maybe (I said maybe) because this game is F2P, its community is perceived as more toxic by default. But even then I'll see more advantages over risks to have game profiles avaiable.

Besides, if I want to see somebody's profile, I just can add him as friend in game and voila. The person I'm adding don't even have to accept my friend request.

That's like saying people should never use seatbelts to improve car safety because people still die in car crashes for other reasons.

The goal is to reduce trolling, any fool and their dog knows that its eradication is impossible.

My view is different. I did not mean anything about removing trolls from the forums. They are present in every game and although i don't agree with their actions, i don't see why i should be worried about implementing feature while worrying about trolls. It's like giving them attention when it is unnecessary, If you want to reduce trolling, maybe you should suggest that our profile, founder status, number of posts to be hidden as well, since you think features should be implemented without trolls acting on it.

And your analogy is so warped. So if someone suggested: "we should manufacture red cars", based on your warped analogy, we should not have cars that arered because it is a flashy colour, sticks out from the other cars and will encourage vandalism on the car?  I am using vandalizer as an example of trolls.

Are trolls really that detrimental to you in the forums that you need to give them so much attention?

Edited by Zoet

My view is different. I did not mean anything about removing trolls from the forums. They are present in every game and although i don't agree with their actions, i don't see why i should be worried about implementing feature while worrying about trolls. It's like giving them attention when it is unnecessary, If you want to reduce trolling, maybe you should suggest that our profile, founder status, number of posts to be hidden as well, since you think features should be implemented without trolls acting on it.

And your analogy is so warped. So if someone suggested: "we should manufacture red cars", based on your warped analogy, we should not have cars that arered because it is a flashy colour, sticks out from the other cars and will encourage vandalism on the car?  I am using vandalizer as an example of trolls.

Are trolls really that detrimental to you in the forums that you need to give them so much attention?

Paragraph 1... Straw man. I never suggested that.

Paragraph 2... My analogy in no way suggests that, in the situation you described.

Paragraph 3... Erm, why not look at some of my past posts. I'm not giving trolls any attention.