The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE were right to nerf Prism, and why other mapwide disabling powers must be next

Fifield

5 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

So you don't play the game very much, and you feel it's your (duty, right, obligation, obsession) to tell other players what weapons/frames/powers/maps they should be playing?  Also to tell game dev what changes they should make in the game you don't play very much?

tiny bit arrogant, perhaps? maybe?

Instead of this dishonest, inflammatory personal attack, why not explain to us why you think Prism shouldn't have been nerfed?

4 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Instead of this dishonest, inflammatory personal attack, why not explain to us why you think Prism shouldn't have been nerfed?

my comment was directly related to a statement made in this thread. and it was also rather mild.

chill out. 

1 minute ago, Slaviar said:

@Fifield I'm still waiting on you doing LoR without cheese

The challenge was without any of those "map disabling abilities" and I'm waiting for that guy to put some money where his mouth is.

@DeadlyPeanutt If you were chill, you wouldn't be dishonestly twisting my words because you can't P4TW any more.

17 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

That's assuming you're dead in every situation. Which is actually impossible.

I'm talking about relatively high level maps again, at least higher than 50, obviously you can't die at low-level missions, and that damage is going to be good there anyway

3 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

I'm not familiar with that weapon cus I'm still fairly new. Seems like that warframe used a cc though, Excalibur's blind. Does it have corrosive projection and using corrosive procs? Try that without any cc or any OP combos like corrosive which is best used on grineer. and no cheese please.

Nope there was no cp,just excals blind.

6 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

I'm talking about relatively high level maps again, at least higher than 50, obviously you can't die at low-level missions, and that damage is going to be good there anyway

I do just fine surviving in sorties, but alright.

29 minutes ago, Fifield said:

The challenge was without any of those "map disabling abilities" and I'm waiting for that guy to put some money where his mouth is.

Oh no no no I said no cheese, the other guy said no map disabling.

But every excuse's good, huh?

3 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Oh no no no I said no cheese, the other guy said no map disabling.

Link?

Also, I never said LoR should be doable with no cheese, seeing as it was designed with cheese in mind.  But if you're going to put up some money making this worth mine and 3 other players' time, I'll give it a go.

Let me know your definition of cheese and escrow arrangements.

8 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

But every excuse's good, huh?

You tell me, my friend.  You tell me.

31 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Also, I never said LoR should be doable with no cheese, seeing as it was designed with cheese in mind.  

-_-

It's alright if I say it's cheese (and use it), but you can't use cheese deal as you "can't play the game right" deal.

The "I got my achieves" (by buying; by stacking classes; by running in picture perfect groups that play at a level 90% of the game does not) ... and wanting to base their personal challenge onto the entire 90% (and thus ruin the game for MOST of the players) ... AND ... according to MY rules.

-_-

Go solo the raid and get back to us about being that elite. Show the world you're that 0.1% cheese and all. Otherwise, you're just swagging.

The game is played because the game has that cheese because two main reasons:

1. People found ways to quickly level frames/weapons to max level, and destroying the map so fast and easily with Maxed out frames/weapons. Resulting in them getting too bored too early. DE compensates by giving them a "challenge". They find EVEN MORE CHEESE THEMSELVES to bypass them (i.e., 4 CP auras and using very OP frames to not simply counter the cheese ... race through content).

2. DE compensated in putting in the cheesy counters as a gate as they see it happening w-a-y too much (like 10001 EMPs/bombs dropped all over; nullifiers; and mobs spawning so fast -- right in the place of the previous mob -- requiring weapons like the Tonkor to clear them [and these elitists want to nerf it, because their MR12+ weapons aren't status SYMBOLS]). All designed for that 10% who maxed out, but the 90% no longer can enjoy their game -- because they're not maxed out.

I don't have the Zenikua school maxed, mana is still an issue. 1 tick a second mana regen doesn't cover the high cost of abilities. It's 1 tick, as I tend to play solo, and that means I can also rarely use frame abilities and have to rely on that Tonkor to play. BECAUSE MIN-MAXERS THINK ONLY FOR THEMSELVES!!!

The game allows 90+% of the content to be soloed. It has to compensate for players coming in, that's still maxing out. Not having the min-maxers ruin the entire game for the rest.

42 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Go solo the raid and get back to us about being that elite. Show the world you're that 0.1% cheese and all. Otherwise, you're just swagging.

Make it worth my while.

I didn't raise LoR and I didn't say it's generally doable without cheese.  But if you put money where your mouth is, I'll give it a go.  Fair?

If not, let's get back to the topic everyone's desperately avoiding: why shouldn't Mirage have been nerfed?

11 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Make it worth my while.

I didn't raise LoR and I didn't say it's generally doable without cheese.  But if you put money where your mouth is, I'll give it a go.  Fair?

If not, let's get back to the topic everyone's desperately avoiding: why shouldn't Mirage have been nerfed?

I will answer this since nobody else wants too. I want to start off by saying that Mirage is my favorite frame, I love her to death, and I mained her for a very long time. Her 4th was very broken and I know a lot of players used it to reduce grind and counter enemy cheese in a game where the enemies cheesed you every bit as hard as you cheesed them in end game content.

Now, does this make cheese in the game okay? No. It's not okay from either end of the spectrum, enemy or otherwise us. I do beleive that Mirage's Prism did deserve a nerf, but I also very strongly beleive that likewise, the enemies deserve to get one too.

Now in normal Star Chart missions the enemies are quite laughable: You can go in with half modded frames and weapons and still do great. But this end game content, it requires team cooperation, cheese, or min maxing... sometimes all of the above. I don't beleive any sort of end game content should require cheesing.

There, I've answered that biting question to the best of my abilities, though, there may be those who disagree with me and that is absolutely fine. I'm not speaking for the entire player base here, I'm speaking for myself, and my personal experiences in the game thus far.

Edited by DuskLegendary

18 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Make it worth my while.

No, you do it to prove yourself.

Just like the DKs who cheese solo tanking of current tier raid bosses (as they can heal almost as much as dedicated healers, and have other counters).

But they go in to ACTUALLY challenge themselves.

Personal challenges are terrific! They prove your mettle without any help. Unfortunately, what is shown on YouTube are mostly cheesers. Not the really difficult things like taking a Holy Paladin with 64 DPS and tanking/healing Ragnos for *45 mins* to prove they can both tank and heal a full raid of damage.

(Min-maxers will scream, "You're doing it wrong! You bring this..." and forgetting why they're min-maxers in the first place [those types of carrying healers aren't born...they have to train against the worst possible situations]). ^-^

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

18 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

No, you do it to prove yourself.

Just like the DKs who cheese solo tanking of current tier raid bosses (as they can heal almost as much as dedicated healers, and have other counters).

But they go in to ACTUALLY challenge themselves.

Personal challenges are terrific! They prove your mettle without any help. Unfortunately, what is shown on YouTube are mostly cheesers. Not the really difficult things like taking a Holy Paladin with 64 DPS and tanking/healing Ragnos for *45 mins* to prove they can both tank and heal a full raid of damage.

I'm almost tempted to pay him to see him squirm and see how he'd be trying to worm his way out. But nah, there are more pleasant things in life

7 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

They prove your mettle without any help.

Frankly, if I needed to play a video game to prove myself, I'd jump off the nearby bridge.

I like a challenge but it has to be a space ninja challenge, not a 'find 3+ people who'll agree to do this for no money' challenge.

6 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

I'm almost tempted to pay him to see him squirm and see how he'd be trying to worm his way out. But nah, there are more pleasant things in life

Ahh so you have the money but you're scared you'll lose it because you have very little faith in what you said.  Colour me shocked.

Edited by Fifield

7 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Frankly, if I needed to play a video game to prove myself, I'd jump off the nearby bridge.

I like a challenge but it has to be a space ninja challenge, not a 'find 3+ people who'll agree to do this for no money' challenge.

...Thought, so...

Just another cheeser who talks big, but brass tacks time can't prove it.

(Oh, I do, doing things solo without the buffs, without the cheese ... BECAUSE people like that who must prove in public they're SOMEBODY, while ruining the game for others! I can't see well, half my body is numb, but I'm out there DOING stuff while these guys find every exploit with 2 good eyes, 2 good arms and claim "git gud"???). -_-

9 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

...Thought, so...

Just another cheeser who talks big, but brass tacks time can't prove it.

Can't prove what?  That I won't do a boring mission under parameters that you made up, just because you say I should?

I'm blocking these people who won't put their money where their mouth is before the thread gets locked.

Edited by Fifield

3 hours ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Its unfun to us to have every room of enemies get CC'ed and all their threatening abilities completely removed by someone pressing 4 every two - 

This is what I mean. Its unfun for you. Its pure fun for me. Actually you have the possibility to avoid these CC frames and I could use them. So we both have a chance to play our playstyle. When they are nerfed you are the only survivor.

14 minutes ago, Fifield said:

Can't prove what?  That I won't do a boring mission under parameters that you made up, just because you say I should?

I'm blocking these people who won't put their money where their mouth is before the thread gets locked.

Typical forum warrior. Talks big, lacks balls. Go on, keep saying yourself and everone it's me who's scared. Everyone knows it's other way. You're pathetic

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Doctor-Blitz- said:

Actually you have the possibility to avoid these CC frames and I could use them. So we both have a chance to play our playstyle.

We don't, or at least it's seriously toxic to the game as well as a waste of our time to keep leaving missions...  as I explain in detail in my original post.

But tell me.  Why do you need to press 4 and eliminate all threat in a mission?