Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash bladestorm nerf??

(XBOX)Drvnzer

Did any of you watch the latest Dev stream? I'm pretty sure I heard Geoff say that Ash's bladestorm rework has been started on, but the only thing he mentioned was "new animations."

As someone who mains Ash with almost a good 84% of my time being spent with him equipped, of course I'll get worried.

Am I afraid that he'll be gutted? 

Am I happy to see what DE has in store for him?

IMHO, I am excited, yes truly. But when you have 6 formas on a frame, that shows dedication and time. Yes I do worry my work will be lost, but at the same time, I get a feeling that he'll end up somewhat more better than he is. 

But with all these complaints about the 'balances' DE implemented in 18.13, I begin to worry if my work shares the same fate.

That's the thing about change. If can make us or break us. All depends on how we take it into our hands. 

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Did any of you watch the latest Dev stream? I'm pretty sure I heard Geoff say that Ash's bladestorm rework has been started on, but the only thing he mentioned was "new animations."

As someone who mains Ash with almost a good 84% of my time being spent with him equipped, of course I'll get worried.

Am I afraid that he'll be gutted? 

Am I happy to see what DE has in store for him?

IMHO, I am excited, yes truly. But when you have 6 formas on a frame, that shows dedication and time. Yes I do worry my work will be lost, but at the same time, I get a feeling that he'll end up somewhat more better than he is. 

But with all these complaints about the 'balances' DE implemented in 18.13, I begin to worry if my work shares the same fate.

That's the thing about change. If can make us or break us. All depends on how we take it into our hands. 

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Then don't forma anything

They'll probably do something to it.

... That's not something I am particularly fussed about though. Min/Maxers and Youtubers have advocated a playstyle with Bladestorm that isn't co-op friendly and that style has become more prevalent.  

Players saying a skill is, "un-fun to play around" is typically the kiss of death for the current iteration of an ability in this game. That said, it remains to be seen whether or not it gets nerfed or merely changed to be more interactive. Both things have happened in the past so there's no basis to establish a trend imo.

If it's nerfed but Ash gets a commensurate degree of utility added to his kit (Ash players have pleaded to have this for years now)?  If it's properly tuned and relevant, I'd be excited for the change.

If it's changed to be more interactive (not dance dance revolution though) and he gets synergy and utility? I am cool with that as well. (Miasma)

If it's changed/nerfed to simply make it more onerous to use with nothing else added? I am not cool with this. (Synoid gammacor)

If it's changed merely to completely remove the cutscene version of Bladestorm into something else entirely? (Never seen them do this so not too worried about this one...Closest was Excal's rework ) Even if it's objectively better,  I doubt that DE would see another dollar from me though. 

The only thing I could say I was annoyed about is the fact that many of the nerfs/changes around here typically come from  a mix player mis-deeds and embittered players. Those mis-deeds tend to come from a desire to "win" the summary screen in co-ops imo.

They could nerf everything through the floor and they will still be hearing "un-fun" and "OP" complaints because someone "won" and someone "lost", or "someone hogged all the mobs", and etc. That's not to say tuning isn't necessary (it, very much, is). But if they don't find a way to curb the impetus for the behavior and hurt feelings, they are essentially still trying to put out the wrong fire.  

16 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

And I think I can officially say, this might be the end for Warframe 

Then say something else. 

---

This is a doomthread; it's basing itself irrationally off of minimal information and not any visual showcase or elaborate plan. We've received little information on Ash's Blade Storm other than the following:

-It is being worked on (as per Devstream 75)

-It will include new animations

I am not going to bother including anything that has been stated across various forms of social media- Twitter being the primary -as they can be more easily invalidated, less than that of anything said on a Devstream that wasn't in obvious joking manner.

OP, just relax. There's no reason to be apprehensive about something that hasn't even been remotely demonstrated. Disregard anything you consider a nerf in the past. Just because some think there's a "streak" of mistakes DE has made over the years does not mean the Blade Storm rework will end up somehow the same. I personally look forward to whatever DE has in store for it. I myself enjoy Blade Storm's damage output (when I actually bother using it), and if DE can keep the damage relatively the same or even unchanged, while at the same time turning Blade Storm into a more engaging (and not just Vomit Cinema ®) ability, then I gladly welcome the upcoming, unknown changes.

Edited by LazerSkink

I want to understand the minds of people that like to play frames that require little to no brain activity such as: Previous Valkyr, previous Trin, current Ash, first Mesa, old Mag, previous Mirage. Anyways, all these people being dramatic right now, explain to me, help us feel empathic to your cause. Why play something that requires no challenge.

Mag was straight up buffed, so was volt, if you fail to see this then I'm sorry, pressing more than a button is too much of a challenge to you.

That said, things need to be done to accommodate these 'nerfs' in order to ultimately provide an ambient where fun and challenge are present rather than the mindless press of a button or frustration; though reverting or stopping nerfs on frames that needs/needed them are certainly not among these things.

honestly, I think Bladestorm will be improved if anything. he suffers from exactly the same problem that Mesa's Peacemaker had: you press/hold one button and you're done. some sort of manual targeting system like what mesa has is all it needs really. the damage doesn't need to be buffed or nerfed, it's an Ult so it should be powerful, but I think a system where players mark targets themselves before Bladestorming would make it a lot more interactive, without compromising effectiveness. keep the armour ignore as well, because that helps it scale.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

i think people are overreacting. Valkyr isn't really dead, she just needs something done to her Hysteria to make it worthwhile. As it stands now, it isn't really worth it. That being said, i almost never use it. I'd rather use Warcry and smash them with my melee. Ash's Bladestorm needs something done to it. Playing with an Ash in a team is so boring, and i leave as soon as i can.

PS: Warframe isn't going to die just because some people don't like the changes made. Anybody that has been in WF long knows you adapt to the changes and move on. These doom threads come along every time DE changes something that is popular, and everytime they have been wrong. 

Edited by Eminem2420

Well the thing that makes me sour about this is, I've literally had my Ash Prime build for an entirety of 3 whole days. And now Bladestorm is going to be NER- uh... sorry, I mean, reworked too. My bad, "reworks" are just sounding a lot like "nerfs" to me lately, with the exception of Mesa and Volt of course, and depending on who you ask, Mag.

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly, I think Bladestorm will be improved if anything. he suffers from exactly the same problem that Mesa's Peacemaker had: you press/hold one button and you're done. some sort of manual targeting system like what mesa has is all it needs really. the damage doesn't need to be buffed or nerfed, it's an Ult so it should be powerful, but I think a system where players mark targets themselves before Bladestorming would make it a lot more interactive, without compromising effectiveness. keep the armour ignore as well, because that helps it scale.

This exactly. Would also help some Ash players be more aware of what they are doing during radiation hazard missions, had two times the team got tpk'd by blade storm during a sortie, was pretty funny though.

On 5/28/2016 at 0:26 PM, Dragazer said:

Seeing how DE's idea with a rework on Mag and Volt ended up as a straight up nerf, Ash is pretty much gonna be gutted. RIP

I wonder how long Mesa's buff is gonna last?

Last time Excal was reworked, it soon followed with several nerfs 

mesa WILL get a nerf I do 4-10x the damage I did pre update xD

but Volt is a straight up amazing buff rework and I love it, he's as fun as he was 3 years ago now :D ive been waiting 2 years for them to get their crap together and AACTUALY buff him ever since they ruined him because some people complained about motion sickness and how he's too fast so no one can catch up :/ and then outa no where nerfed his shield because why let his gun buff be good??  

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory comment

Seems like they just want to make Bladestorm interactive, and no more god mode while using it.

On 5/28/2016 at 9:26 AM, Dragazer said:

Seeing how DE's idea with a rework on Mag and Volt ended up as a straight up nerf, Ash is pretty much gonna be gutted. RIP

I wonder how long Mesa's buff is gonna last?

Last time Excal was reworked, it soon followed with several nerfs 

How was Volt nerfed at all?

1 hour ago, GreyEnneract said:

Seems like they just want to make Bladestorm interactive, and no more god mode while using it.

How was Volt nerfed at all?

AFAIK:

His speed power pick ups is not too visible

also devs didnt count on possibility if volt is behind the rest of the team, he left pick ups behind means teammates have to backtrack to get his speed buff.

His shield is capped into 4 like frost globe, picking up shield slows you down, limits you to only secondary, and drain your energy super fast

His overload discharge has damage cap, if enemies reach that damage cap before duration over, they will be released from their stun.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

AFAIK:

His speed power pick ups is not too visible

also devs didnt count on possibility if volt is behind the rest of the team, he left pick ups behind means teammates have to backtrack to get his speed buff.

His shield is capped into 4 like frost globe, picking up shield slows you down, limits you to only secondary, and drain your energy super fast

His overload discharge has damage cap, if enemies reach that damage cap before duration over, they will be released from their stun.

All speed needs is a map indicator. Stay with your team.

The shield is larger and blocks missiles now, and you're forgetting that if you shock your shield then enemies that run through them become stunned. 

You can't say picking up the shield is a nerf when you couldn't even do it before.

Even with the poor damage cap, the stun still lasts longer than before on Overload, while also dealing more damage.

Not to mention the passive now boosting your power even more.

Ok since it looks like all the ppl here are all bladestorm huggers, here's a few things you should know.

1. ASH IS NOT ALL ABOUT BLADESTORM! If you look properly Ash is meant to be an Assassin(No seriously I'm not kidding). His Teleport and shuriken augment support that and his smokescreen and teleport suggest the same as they help cover distance and deal bonus damage to single targets. Basically Bladestorm is just a side dish but y'all think it's the main course.

2. Try not to make big assumptions to the changes DE make, they are NOT  nerfing Warframes, they are only rebalancing them. Look at mag, in the past she was only favoured in corpus missions cus she could take out shields and ONLY sheilds, now she can strip of some armor (Quite a shame honestly, should be able to remove more) making her actually of use in grineer missions. Volt was also plainly useless and only favored for the sheild since it pumps up damage of projectiles that pass through it.Every time when DE reworks a frame, they aren't nerfing it, they are only rebalancing them as their goal is to make every frame significant without one overshadowing the other, this applies to abilities as an ability should not overshadow the others cus Ppl like y'all only care about the Press 4 and snooze. I'm an Ash player myself so do know that I do know how you feel but just think about this a little while. And after the changes happen and some ppl are still going butthurt, tell them or yourself what Alad V said, It's either you EVOLVE, or DIE.