Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 3: 18.13.0 Aftermath & Beginnings.

[DE]Rebecca

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello Tenno!

Maybe it's time to buff Flame Repellent? This post is going to be a bit longer than usual, but its length is just a reflection of our gratitude and investment in everything that's gone on in Warframe not just over the past 24 hours, but the past 3 years. You're feedback has allowed us to grow together – which I'll show you how shortly – so we must begin by thanking you for sticking around and providing us with the feedback you freely give.

We are less than 24 hours into the release of 18.13.0 at the time of this thread, and we're already breaking forum records:

GzYQTxm.png

It seems that every big game these days uses 'passionate' to describe their players when vocalization surges, but I think it slightly glosses over what is actually at play here with Warframe - especially if you consider our history. This surge is rooted in a fervor of perspectives – the quantity of the posts has obviously increased (and so has my vocabulary on learning new profanity), and as a result the top-tier quality we are used to in community discussions has as well. As a group you've highlighted the best of the best, and we've been doing our best to read all of the Hot topics across the forums/Reddit/etc in the short time window following release.

In Warframe's 3 years of being in Open Beta, we've seen the 'surge' - the astute veteran can likely correlate spikes on that graph with balance situations that feel familiar to 18.13.0's release (note the drop on the graph is when we migrated the forums). For a lot of you, this might be your first surge! If so, welcome to Warframe – where we do things to digital EXTREMES!

In direct respect to 18.13.0:

More changes are coming – I wish I could give you a list now of exactly what but the list can only be built over time this weekend the longer we spend playing and extrapolating feedback. It is with the best intentions that we are committed to reducing cheese. At this time – even with these best intentions of more engaging play - the fundamental issue for many of you is: no amount of engagement counters the enemy's cheese. A select few abilities that we touched 'worked' in the eyes of the players because you could fight fire with fire once you entered a specific threshold of content. The tight-rope of frustration is high, and the changing of the meta can be painful. In our eyes some meta elements simply harmed the quality of the gameplay taking place. However, 'finality' is not a word I'd ever associate with our Dev process, and as flawed as that may sound I think it's one of the reasons we're such a tight-knit community is because time and time again we set the course together. As the say, if you want an omelette you have to crack a few eggs (I don't actually know if they say that).  

In direct respect to what is 'familiar' with these surges:

There was a time we changed Stamina, voices surged (so sayeth the graph), and then we completely redid our entire Parkour & Melee System. Every time we shake things up – no matter how lightly - the impact is objectively better. We see more people are interested in the game, and more people realize the impact their collective constructive views have on the game. There are a few counter-narratives that often indicate the end of times, I've seen it a lot over the years, but ultimately things come out better and bigger as a result. I'm not saying it doesn't have growing pains, though!

It bears repeating that more changes are coming soon. We will be hotfixing like mad next week, and getting deeper into difficulty discussions in terms of the enemy. It's been a long time since we have looked at enemy scaling and their spiky damage output, and in that time you've found ways to deal with it.

I honestly can't think of anything I'd like to be doing more than playing Warframe right now, hashing out feedback together, and getting things ready for the next Hotfix. So if you see me in game all weekend, that's what I'm up to!

Please accept our experimentation - the messy and the clean - and be open to iteration – it's been a big part of Warframe's development and community history. Over the course of each release, you'll find so many of the changes, additions, and fixes exist because of these moments.

-[DE]Rebecca

Before I really get to the meat of my post, let me preface it with my full respect in that it seems this isn't just another "It's been 5 months, and there's lots of complaints on the forums, so let's nerf a couple of hot-topic frames." With this post, it appears you guys are finally looking into an issue I've had with the game since I started playing actively in 2014. Simply put: Warframe is amazing, but enemy mechanics and balancing doesn't match player/weapon/frame balancing at all. You have frames that can hold down a map with ease, others that can kill onslaughts of enemies with ease, and then some that can be the backbone of a squad. But, then, you have frames like Limbo, Oberon, and in some senses, Ember, that really only fit in one or two places and are overshadowed by frames that fit in the same places but do their jobs better. This is, more or less, preaching to the choir, though. It's an issue that, if fixed, could honestly fix a lot of other issues in the game by proxy. So, I love that y'all are finally looking in to all of this.

So, here I go:

" More changes are coming – I wish I could give you a list now of exactly what but the list can only be built over time this weekend the longer we spend playing and extrapolating feedback. It is with the best intentions that we are committed to reducing cheese. At this time – even with these best intentions of more engaging play - the fundamental issue for many of you is: no amount of engagement counters the enemy's cheese. A select few abilities that we touched 'worked' in the eyes of the players because you could fight fire with fire once you entered a specific threshold of content. The tight-rope of frustration is high, and the changing of the meta can be painful. In our eyes some meta elements simply harmed the quality of the gameplay taking place. However, 'finality' is not a word I'd ever associate with our Dev process, and as flawed as that may sound I think it's one of the reasons we're such a tight-knit community is because time and time again we set the course together. As the say, if you want an omelette you have to crack a few eggs (I don't actually know if they say that)."

You're trying to fix issues with the game. I understand that. Balancing is always welcome. The problem is that a Warframe doesn't just balance within itself or just with other frames. You realize this. That's why you've even bothered to mention Enemy balance issues. Here's the problem, though: You haven't made an omelette yet. You've just broken a few eggs. Do you know what happens when you break the eggs and wait for a few hours to cook them? They go bad. Same situation here. You can't just throw out a half-completed piece of the game. That's been the issue all along. You guys realize there are issues and you want to fix them. So, you try to do at least SOMETHING by changing some abilities and making frames seen as overpowered less powerful. The problem with this is that you haven't actually addressed the main issue at hand. It would be like if your sink was full of dishes and you cleaned a couple of plates and called it a day. It's the same with anything else in the game. Do you release a frame with 2 abilities and a colorless model and say "We're working on the rest, please come back later for updates"? Or do you make half an event and say "Check back on the forums in a week or two to see the progress"?

The problem is that you've given us an incomplete fix. You've addressed like 5% of the issue. It's not even half-baked. Remember when y'all did those LoS changes and reverted the entire update because you realized it was hasty and wasn't fully complete or thought through? This is very much like that, but you've just gone "Well, we want to do something, so keep it for now and stick with us for awhile!"

If you guys are really going to look into the balancing issues, you should either go all in or do nothing at all. Give us the entire picture or just stop bothering before you start killing part of the game. Take a couple of months to establish everything, make the changes, tell us what you want to do once you are satisfied with the ENTIRE THING and let us give feedback on it.

I love Warframe and you folks at DE are honestly some of the most involved Developers in the market. It's weird little things like this, though, that make a lot of people lose trust. I don't know if it's excitement or what that makes you guys implement hasty changes that serve to split the community into a mix of a lot of salt, some actual rational feedback, and then some incoherent mumbling. I understand the whole passion thing. I know I am passionate about Warframe, myself, but this seriously needs to be addressed, and I personally believe y'all are going about it incorrectly. Address the issue as a whole.

Good too hear you'll check enemies and battle engagement as well. 

I'll be supporting and giving feedback in the most constructive way as posible, even though as a player some of the nerf hit me hard, I'm aware that they where needed.

Reducing the cheese? Do us a favor and just get rid of powers in general. You guys at De create a power kit, then provide obstacles that the power kit is meant to deal with. The player base uses those kits, and now they are deemed cheesing and then removed or obstructed. so why even bother in the first place adding the powers?  

Because we want the player to feel powerful? 

No,  apparently you want the player to wall latch and jump around rather than use a power. I mean really save yourselves some headaches, since a year later you just negate the ability anyways. For example I like Loki for switch teleport because it used to handle the Long Hall Way Corporus Spyvault and he's great for farming Simaris Standing.

But Switch teleport might as well just not be there when it comes to playing Spy Missions. It has no point of benefit, since if you switch a guard he goes on alert and runs right for an alarm.

I'd probably enjoy WuKong as well for Cloudwalker in that particular Vault . It would've had another use other than being an invisibility ecsape. Limbo is the last guy who can circumvent the laser grids in vaults. He's getting a rework as well. So I'm not even interested in using him for spy vaults since basically it boils to why bother getting invested beyond mastery rank fodder? 

I don't mind change. I do mind having been given something awesome, but then having ground into mediocrity because we're not supposed to use it in any form other than with someone who hates it deems to shame us on how to use it. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It bears repeating that more changes are coming soon. We will be hotfixing like mad next week, and getting deeper into difficulty discussions in terms of the enemy. It's been a long time since we have looked at enemy scaling and their spiky damage output, and in that time you've found ways to deal with it.

Awesome news! Its true that we had do what we had to in order not to get cheaply one-shot by super high level enemies; glad enemy scaling is finally getting looked at.

Talking about the reworks:
Volt is kinda neat after the rework (apart from people that want to use the shield with a pistol and have the context action button the same as reload in the options, lmao).. but Mag... idk... Magnetize is great but could use more duration (make use of that max of 4 up at a time lol), and Polarize-- sometimes it removes armor, sometimes it doesn't? Is there a flat amount it removes? Hopefully Polarize gets a good look at.. right now its really in a bad spot. With Trinity, glad at the very least Blessing's heal range is tied to exp range and don't have to worry about range mods as much - but I wonder.. can the range of Blessing be boosted with that Focus ability that increases exp range?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

If you are already well aware of how ridiculous enemys are that they have to be cheesed then why not fix the enemys first before leaving players with nothing to counteract them with  

Put it this way, in order to see where the problem areas with enemies are, the tactics that make it impossible to collect that data were dialed back. This is where our feedback comes in and the recent changes will actually improve our feedback because we can actively face the impossible enemies without our "crutches." The data becomes clearer that way.

27 minutes ago, SiriusStarr said:

Once more, if someone has a broken leg, you don't take away their crutches and then try to fix the leg Soon (TM) [probably in a few months].  You fix the leg first and then take away the crutch once they're better.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

If you are already well aware of how ridiculous enemys are that they have to be cheesed then why not fix the enemys first before leaving players with nothing to counteract them with  

Yes , these statements are correct.

I just dont know why the Dev havnt looked into these before..

16 minutes ago, Hazzlenut said:

correct.

Warframe = legs.

Mobs = crutches

in all honestly. They are even mentioning in the first post that they are gonna be patching like mad upcomming week. they did mention enemy scaling will be looked at as well.

Wat.  That's literally the exact opposite.  The broken thing is mob scaling.  The thing we've used to fix it is learning to play some niche builds that still scale into late game.

(and so has my vocabulary on learning new profanity)

lol...

It is with the best intentions that we are committed to reducing cheese. At this time – even with these best intentions of more engaging play - the fundamental issue for many of you is: no amount of engagement counters the enemy's cheese.

Very encouraging to see the other half of the balance equation acknowledged.

Knowing changes are coming here could really help a lot of people accept, or at least understand, changes aimed at making gameplay "less boring". Thinking back to the rework of snowglobe and when Trinity first lost invulnerability, the forums would have been very different places if coinciding changes to enemy damage, density, CC, or A.I. had been front and center with the reworks. Lots of posts about how people "die instantly" and still some leftover hate for slash procs.

Edited by VKhaun

Well im glad to see that you are at least looking into things the scaling is what causing the issue not the one hit kill button but please keep the press this then this and then this to kill one guy......because ive small hands and it gets very tedious to play for a 40 min mission with the new Saryn i can barely play her because so much button pressing and if you make all frames like this im not sure ill be able to keep up anymore at least the par core got easier then when i joined i couldn't barely play at all then now i can because its so much smoother but the consent pressing 4 buttons all at the same time while aiming and shooting is rather rough please keep this in mind we come to play your game because well its a dam good game but if you make it harder and harder to play others will just move on to something that don't take 500,000 stokes of the keys to play.

Some would tell you that you're loosing "thousands of veteran players because the game is too easy" and I am finding it hard to phatom whether they seriously believe it or are so desperate in their claims, since follwoing their logic and demands, they would create a game where there are only veteran players, since vast majority of the new players would be discouraged by the difficulty, people in question would crank up to ridiculous levels.

People leave when they have everything and there are no challenges ahead of them, that much is a fact in every online game. However you do not create those challenges by making the existing content difficult for everyone (those who play for a long time and are "hardcore" players who have top gear (mods in this case) and the skill to beat every difficulty be it by experience or by natural twitch-reflexes, that really not all of us have, as wel las new and casual players, but by adding new content, new raids, new game modes, new nightmare conditions and so on.

Look into adding options, not taking them away. Give every node two modes: normal and nightmare, add much more nm conditions like: "Crowd control abilities disabled", "Exalted weapons disabled" and so on. Add a proper group finding tool which will allow players to choose what frames they wish to see in their teams and which they don't. Look for solutions like that and work towards them, since the goal should be to cater to many types of players not only one. It would undoubtedly be a long process but wouldn't it be worth it?

By nerfing you take away the choice and you satisfy only part of the community. There is a reason that so many people use so called "cheese". Two major ones: they find at least part of the content too challenging and want to make it easier and/or they simply like and want to be op. Can you honestly say, hand on heart, that their preferences are worse or wrong? There is a reason for this uproar, don't you think?

If you, despite all, decide to go with the nerfs then why not start with the one that seems to be the biggest issue: enemy scaling (excavators not scaling) and then make adjustments. Create enviroment where cheese is not needed, then take away the cheese if you really have to. Also, why are the much needed buffs not a priorty over the nerfs? You seem content to do reworks and buffs slowly and hastily apply really pointless passives (some of them) while applying nerfs like this seemingly out of nowhere.

Lastly, I am sure your marketing people are aware of it, but it's the people who think the game is too hard or the way it should be are the people that are much more likely to buy platinum to compenaste for lack of time/skill/whatever, than those who find it too easy, because they've achieved everything and have everything. Again, there is a reason for that.

I am glad you like "extremes" but most people don't, so please, look for middle ground, which again, is adding choice for both groups, rather than responding to wishes of one.

Sincerely,

Lijka

Edit: I've forgotten to write a very important thing: many people play Warframe because it isn't another generic shooter but because you play characters that have awesome, ***-kicking, unique powers. Please, remember that we want to be able to rely on our powers or we would have played something else. It's not about dakka-dakka-dakka, it's about swish-swish-swish ;)

Edited by Lijka

well in terms of balence I think there should be some thought about what difficulty late game should have, and how to balence all frames to ecomandate for that late game.

trinity bless was an way to bring new players in to raids lowering the requirements to enter now it will become more elitisit, on second hand i would love to see a raid made possible without tinity all together ev or bless but i cant see that happening unless the game mode changes.

sadly only few frames scales out in late game resulting in a quite narrow pool of frames used, at this point theres two options either you cut the tops or pad the creases

the whole armor shield and health system neeeds touch up would also like seing a new mod system that has separate  pages for defence, mobility and abilities and a forma like system to increase slots and loadout power 

i play saryn at times since shes fun, tho i used her in the 3rd sortea to day and she didnt seem to make much difference, then again she has gone from dps to debuff so nothing to complain about there

to sum up i gues there will always be low tier frames and high tier frames and gimmick frames it was nice to seevolt and mag get closer to big brother starterframe

53 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

My concerns is mainly the reworks,

Shock : Nothing changed and it is not based of damage or stun... Increase chain links damage and stun and I think that's it's 

Speed : Needs to be a bit faster and a slightly faster reload speed with a longer duration and some synergies

ES : Just to many drawbacks and a short duration with limited shields, I think the shield should already be electrified 

I like discharge, just needs more range, I don't mean to come off as complaining but some things are worth taking a look at... 

I'm wondering if this is a bug, because I'm looking at past versions of Volt's abilities page, and before the base range was the same. So I think that it's a bug that the Wave fizzles out after like 15 feet.  That, or when they say "Effect Duration" they mean how long the wave lasts? Not sure. 

The balances were good, the timing for this update was horrible.

Enemies and tenno are at a disparity of balance that is just out of control, some missions difficulty settings seem to have been designed by a 9 year old, meanwhile mid and low levels are boring and non challenging, people have been talking about this for years, it shouldn't be no surprise DE.

Take a fresh new step, remove or re-thing enemy scaling, the gimmick is getting pretty old now, and its starting to show on the community frustration level.

HINT HINT:

Rathuum (tier 1 and tier 2), were a good example of good enemy AI and engaging combat.

Edited by 7grims

It's been a long time since we have looked at enemy scaling and their spiky damage output

Sooo you're saying you are gonna fix the armor scaling issues ? cause that'd be great 

Just now, LilyLincesa said:

I'm wondering if this is a bug, because I'm looking at past versions of Volt's abilities page, and before the base range was the same. So I think that it's a bug that the Wave fizzles out after like 15 feet.  That, or when they say "Effect Duration" they mean how long the wave lasts? Not sure. 

Effect duration? OH THAT! Sooo the ability finishes being used after 4 seconds and then the duration begins, it takes 4 seconds to reach max range before being able to recast...I want bonus damage on enemies affected by electric procs 

1 hour ago, giantconch said:

Hopefully frosts globe, walls, roofs, floors can at some point in the future stop explosions and flames from magically passing through their surface...

This should have been fixed a long time ago. I know it because enemies snow globes and nullifying globes do exactly that. So they already have the code to do it but still they dont use it to help us...

Please accept our experimentation - the messy and the clean - and be open to iteration – it's been a big part of Warframe's development and community history. Over the course of each release, you'll find so many of the changes, additions, and fixes exist because of these moments.

-[DE]Rebecca

Most of this pain would be avoided if the team chose their wording better. Currently some of the changes didn't take effect like they were advertised as. Most glaring issue is the Mag rework.

So no. I'm not going to just accept it.

At this time – even with these best intentions of more engaging play - the fundamental issue for many of you is: no amount of engagement counters the enemy's cheese ...  and getting deeper into difficulty discussions in terms of the enemy. It's been a long time since we have looked at enemy scaling and their spiky damage output, and in that time you've found ways to deal with it

This is not quite as bluntly stated as I was looking for, but it's really darn close.  This makes me feel a lot better, and I appreciate this being shared with us.  I'm still incensed about paying 25 energy to do a slide attack, but this is really nice to see.  Excal jab aside, I would agree with a few others in here that perhaps enemy scaling should be priority zero, now that Trinity has been changed, before other frames.  Honestly, as much as I was positively thrilled (and this is saying something, because I was in the middle of being in a cold fury about the slide attack during the dev stream) about the Limbo rework upcoming, I'd much rather you all direct your considerable power towards reworking enemy scaling, and hopefully in a way that creates more interesting play, instead of just flat up and down adjustments to coefficients.

41 minutes ago, SiriusStarr said:

Once more, if someone has a broken leg, you don't take away their crutches and then try to fix the leg Soon (TM) [probably in a few months].  You fix the leg first and then take away the crutch once they're better.

Crutches are for problems that will resolve themselves in time. In games, the first consideration has to be the player experience. You have to get that right, then build challenges appropriate to that experience.

52 minutes ago, SiriusStarr said:

from another perspective, you cant teach someone how to walk again without first removing the crutch.

Well all I can say is that I stand in awe of your ability to take on the hrm...surges....with humor and dignity. Very well put OP. I'm a little befuddled by the Trinity changes but I do hope you all will sort everything out. According to steam I've spent nearly 3000 hours in game since Nov. 2014. I have seen changes come and go. People (myself included) sometimes get salty about things and then they adjust. Im sure after all the dust has settled the game will be better than it ever was just as it is better than it was a year and a half ago when I first started. Thanks for pouring your passions into this and taking all the good and bad along with it. :D

There was a time we changed Stamina, voices surged (so sayeth the graph), and then we completely redid our entire Parkour & Melee System. Every time we shake things up – no matter how lightly - the impact is objectively better. We see more people are interested in the game, and more people realize the impact their collective constructive views have on the game. There are a few counter-narratives that often indicate the end of times, I've seen it a lot over the years, but ultimately things come out better and bigger as a result. I'm not saying it doesn't have growing pains, though!

Here's my main issue with this:  This isn't exactly true.  There have been multiple times where you guys have done something that was downright bad for the game, and have either fixed it or ignored our feedback and basically forced us to begrudgingly accept that the changes happened.

I can accept the Valkyr and Excal nerfs(Although in Excal's case, it would've been nice to get something for Slash Dash), but everything else was basically unacceptable.  This was supposed to be an exciting time for Mag & Volt players, however, many are noting that the shiny new features they got...just really aren't working out.  Trinity players are mad because the fast-paced nature of the game keeps them from healing teammates, leaving their option to be a skill that, even back when Trinity first came out, was considered bad(At least Oberon can just get closer).  (I feel the need to bold this part because it's not discussed nearly as much)  Some Nyx players are even mad because her passive is basically an indirect nerf.  We don't WANT the Bombard we mind controlled to drop their weapons, DE.  And while Mirage's Prism nerf was fine, the problem is you guys STILL haven't fixed LoS, something that people have been complaining about for a year.  I think the biggest one was Interception, the reason the Interception affinity range was so high was because the mission FORCES you to spread out.  And that was fun!  Now there's less reason to do Interception missions, and this doesn't "fix" Draco AT ALL.

That is the main issue: Many times you do kneejerk reactions or don't think things through, they don't make the game objectively better, and it concerns the playerbase because you have outright ignored us at times.  I'd love to hop on Warframe and play right now, but a good majority of this update was negative(Focusing on nerfs, removing Interception affinity range), and that doesn't make me excited to play, it just makes me say "Well, maybe I should redownload PSO2 and give that another shot" or "Hey, I never finished many of my Vita games".

Edit: I apologize if I come off as rude, but look at it from my perspective.  I'd been looking forward to this update for weeks(Because Volt is one of my favorites), and when it got delayed, I waited to see what exciting new bonus changes were going to be packed in, only to find out they were just nerfing things(Outside of Mesa, I'll admit, that one was a good change).  Along with that, the one endless game mode I actually liked received a nerf that made no sense and, with all due respect, makes me wonder if the people who came up with it actually play the game.  That is why people were frustrated, because this update was supposed to be something special, and really all it did was nerf a lot of things, put Mesa back into the spotlight, and put in more Tennogen.

Edited by UFOLoche

2 minutes ago, UFOLoche said:

Here's my main issue with this:  This isn't exactly true.  There have been multiple times where you guys have done something that was downright bad for the game, and have either fixed it or ignored our feedback and basically forced us to begrudgingly accept that the changes happened.

I can accept the Valkyr and Excal nerfs(Although in Excal's case, it would've been nice to get something for Slash Dash), but everything else was basically unacceptable.  This was supposed to be an exciting time for Mag & Volt players, however, many are noting that the shiny new features they got...just really aren't working out.  Trinity players are mad because the fast-paced nature of the game keeps them from healing teammates, leaving their option to be a skill that, even back when Trinity first came out, was considered bad(At least Oberon can just get closer).  (I feel the need to bold this part because it's not discussed nearly as much)  Some Nyx players are even mad because her passive is basically an indirect nerf.  We don't WANT the Bombard we mind controlled to drop their weapons, DE.  And while Mirage's Prism nerf was fine, the problem is you guys STILL haven't fixed LoS, something that people have been complaining about for a year.  I think the biggest one was Interception, the reason the Interception affinity range was so high was because the mission FORCES you to spread out.  And that was fun!  Now there's less reason to do Interception missions, and this doesn't "fix" Draco AT ALL.

That is the main issue: Many times you do kneejerk reactions or don't think things through, they don't make the game objectively better, and it concerns the playerbase because you have outright ignored us at times.  I'd love to hop on Warframe and play right now, but a good majority of this update was negative(Focusing on nerfs, removing Interception affinity range), and that doesn't make me excited to play, it just makes me say "Well, maybe I should redownload PSO2 and give that another shot" or "Hey, I never finished many of my Vita games".

THANK YOU! Someone understands that us Nyx players are furious at this point because we saw this coming when they announced the passive! Yes, they become disarmed after Mind Control ends, but what if I wanted to Mind Control that enemy again? Chaos has become Irridiating Disarm which lowers the effectiveness of Chaos as it helped kill off enemies quickly as they killed each other with their weapons. I'm so frustrated with this passive and I thank you for understanding that! 

1 hour ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Similar to a system that you have with the Design Council, you should consider adding a system where a select few members test builds before they are released to the public; instead of testing them in a in-house environment. This way you can gather up feedback based on their experience, and adjust as necessary. These individuals would need to provide a clear line of "non-biased" improvements however, and to not favour a buff/nerf which is not needed.

This already exists and has been a thing since U16.

As stated on the U16 patch notes (from: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/420448-warframe-sanctuary/ ): 

Spoiler

"A note from The Lotus:

Special thanks to the Tenno who aided us in a small experiment with Update 16. After a couple years of talk, we finally were able to set up a Test cluster which could be accessed externally. This Test cluster housed the many iterations of Update 16 content.

For 1 week straight leading up to this update, a group of just under 20 veteran Tenno spent hours and hours each day playing together, giving feedback, finding bugs, and voicing concerns. Each day included tireless attempts at the incredibly difficult Raids, hilarious moments competing in PvP, and general exploration of all things new. This past week has been one for the memory books - about 60+ hours together with veteran Tenno who applied their skill to some of our hardest and most surprising content yet. I loved every minute of it, and I can’t wait to see what we can do for quality with the potential that this Test cluster has opened!

Rebecca"