The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proxy Retribution: just not possible?

Curious who has actually managed the survival is up today because been in several groups that all failed hard, this seems to stem from the fact that robots don't drop the oxygen tanks very often if at all. Killing massive swaths of them and getting maybe 1 tank every 30-40 bots this seems to be impossible no matter what your kill count is. Its not dieing that's the issue or killing the enemies its the lack of oxygen tank drops what so ever, seems like whole mission is skewed to failure... so what is the deal? is it just bad luck or do the robots just not drop oxygen? even grabbing each tank at around 65% will end up failing you around 5 minutes or so left to go... just not enough tanks to succeed. 

I am just getting it crashing for my team due to some malformed particle effect vertex problems. That and a bad value with the modified Hyena burst rifle having a partial particle effect causing a reset of the graphics driver; weird right? Happened to each member of the team.

10 minutes ago, Fionntan said:

Are teammates staying in same room? If not that could be the first problem since spawn end up thinning out due to spread.

probably that's what happened.

the survival is fine, ive just finished it and i had like 5 cannister still left to use if needed..........although i have soloed it.

I did it on my PC account but it was rough even with all my decked out mods and frames, main issue is lack of air tanks if your team doesn't have a VERY high kill count you won't manage it. We had 1 inaros and rest of us were damage (ash, mag, and nova) spamming ultimates and with my broken &#! tonkor. We still barely had enough oxygen to get by, it was a real nightmare of a mission not do to number of spawns or the boss but i felt like as i said above the tank drops were very very very low. In comparison i can do Tier 3 or 4 survival in the void and rarely ever need to grab an oxygen tank or i never feel pressured to get them. In this i felt very pressured like we never had enough tanks through the entire thing. 

I dont see my lowbie ps4 frames managing it, saddly those guns would have been nice =3

tried it 4 times with 4 fails so far. Seems the biggest killer is Rad procs by something, and our guys end up murdering each other, also getting 2-3 bursta's on us at the same time as 1-2 hyena's drop the team everytime so far.

Played as a rhino on a PUG,one Loki,and forgot about the other two,they stayed at one room camping and getting downed (I hate camping sorry) and I was running around stomping enemies and obviously with IS on,when the LS reached 20% I would run to the nearest one and activate it.

Here is my setup,and I made sure to always pay attention to my IS % so as soon as it went down i would recast it to avoid any annoyance.

Steel Charge (Maxed)

Power Drift (Maxed)

Steel Fiber (Maxed)

Steamline (Maxed)

Intensify (Maxed)

Rage (Maxed)

Amored Agility (Maxed)

Transient Fortitude (Maxed)

Continuity (Maxed)

Stomp allows me plently of time to get rid of mobs,and since Hyena NG is affected by it I had no problem with her,same apply for bursas.

Stretch (Maxed)

Pick a room with a good position and decent spawn count and stay put. Keep killing stuff fast at the bottlenecks. Need more oxygen try bringing a Nekros for desecrate, a pilfering swarm hydroid, or an ore gaze atlas. Just make sure you keep killing stuff fast.

From practise soloing you get a feel for which rooms work best for this - some corridors are great as you only have two directions enemies can come from so you literally run from one end to the other triggering the enemy spawns, then back again. Just make sure people dont spread out causing enemies to spawn further away and therefore take more time to get killed because they had to travel longer to you.

I tried it today with an Inaros/Trinity Duo.  We didn't even get out of the first room.

Right out of the gate, Hyena spawned on us.  I killed it, only to be confronted with a group of isolator bursas and scav drones.  My partner died repeatedly due massive-damage scav drones, as well as bursa nullifier grenades and and their hooks dragging her through hordes of enemies capable of one-shotting her before she could even get a power off.  I couldn't get to the life support due to being physically blockaded by sky-blackening clouds of ospreys.  No life support dropped - if it did, the Scav Ospreys scooped it up and ate it.

Bring the ability to shut down crowds, or go home.

Edited by Arkvold

Duo'd it on Excal with a random slova.  The last few minutes definitely had a couple close calls with life support, but probably due to mob spreadout (I went to go grab an O2 tank that wasn't in the room we were hanging out in, and it seemed to thin the spawns a bit), but overall was pretty easy.  We both had one death - mine totally due to my own stupidity, the Nova's due to one of the 6 times he went down I got rad proc'd trying to get him up and his timer ran out.

I should note, I was trying to prove a point to myself about Excal in light of 18.13, so I didn't touch EB until 3 minutes remaining, and only then to have a basis for comparison between slash dash/radial blind and EB centered playstyles.  In light of that, I kept the video, and would be happy to share it if anyone's interested.

Had no problem on my perma Hysteria Valkyr but the constant CC from EVERYTHING kinda annoyed me because I was thrown around every room xD. I did with only a Rhino in a random pug but I think he was equally bored. I can't imagine this alert being fun for people who are doing it with frames who can't ignore CC.

Joined random pug with Saryn and completed it on 1st try, rest of the team were Mag, Equinox and Banshee. Magnetise absolutely destroyed Hyenas, Bursas werent a problem if I put a Molt right under their nose, and rest of the trash mobs were dying to mass AoE we had, boosted up by Sonar too. Me and Equinox were downing each other with Maim and Spores whenever one of us got random radiation proc, otherwise nothing special.