Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PUGs who flee on first sign of trouble

Big_Gunz

Can we get colored names.

I) If you abort a mission when objective is met, the results happen.
1) Your name is yellow text to everyone (all chats).
2) It lasts for 15mins.
3) If you do it again, it adds an addition 15mins.
4) Once the time is met, your name reverts to white again.

II) Conditions where your name will not be turned yellow.
1) If you DC from the mission.
2) If you forced DC from the mission (this how you can abort a mission without yellow name).
- Reason to leave this option available to players is for legit reasons.
- Also those who abuse, will have to take time to relog which allows legit players to rePUG Sorties without them coming back in time.

If a player flees a mission when the objective is met, can their name turn to yellow text (yellow cause scared).

All too often, running with PUGs, first sign of trouble, they flee and run (abandon party).

The yellow name resets to white after 30mins.

Each time they abandon party when objective is met adds an additional 30mins.

That way, when I host, I know who not to run with.

Tired of scared PUGs.

Ran rescue, and 3 mins. left, all the PUGs left.

I solo'ed the locked at the front door and the prison door and won (this was Ceres).

Edited by ThunderTitz

Iv had this happen so many times... players run away because the don't like the party make up or see any sign of trouble.... Any party can complete any mission. If you leave a mission after a set amount of time, id say a minute players should be branded with some kind of penalty. weather its a name color change or 15 minutes of reduced affinity.

i agree, some kind of punishment for abandoning your team is necessary.

3 minutes ago, giantconch said:

Cannot +1 this idea.

Connectivity may be an issue, lag making the game unenjoyable etc. could be reasons for them to leave. Players should not be penalized for leaving a squad.

DE knows if you DC'ed vs manually abort mission.

I suppose that's the way around it.

But if they want to burn time to relog in, that's a penalty of itself as well.

Edited by ThunderTitz

4 minutes ago, ThunderTitz said:

DE knows if you DC'ed vs manually abort mission.

I suppose that's the way around it.

But if they want to burn time to relog in, that's a penalty of itself as well.

Yeah but whats the reason for aborting? I'll happily leave a mission if I'm watching enemies skip 10-20m from the hosts connection/computer not being good enough =/ I shouldnt be penalized for this

Edited by giantconch

Just now, PureIcarus said:

Abandoning and DCing are 2 very very different things

Again, though, whats their REASON for aborting? Short of having a device that reads their mind you cannot say why a user left. For all you know they even started the mission with a pizza in the oven and the timer went off so they are leaving to deal with that.

2 minutes ago, giantconch said:

Yeah but whats the reason for aborting? I'll happily leave a mission if I'm watching enemies skip 10-20m from the hosts connection/computer not being good enough =/ I shouldnt be penalized for this

Read.

I said once the objective is met.

You can tell you're lagging from the host early on.

Even then, I won with a laggy host.

It was harder to play, but not impossible.

Edited by ThunderTitz

23 minutes ago, ThunderTitz said:

Read.

I said once the objective is met.

You can tell you're lagging from the host early on.

Yet in your OP you state:

54 minutes ago, ThunderTitz said:

Ran rescue, and 3 mins. left, all the PUGs left.

I solo'ed the locked at the front door and the prison door and won (this was Ceres).

So no the objective was NOT met if you solo'd the locked door and prison door (assuming by locked door you mean the control panels that require 2 people to open when there are 2 people in the squad)

and to deal with your edit

Even then, I won with a laggy host.

It was harder to play, but not impossible.

What did you win? I've ran games and run into lag right at the start but didnt abort right away thinking it might clear up. After a few minutes in the game it became apparent it was not going to clear up and aborted. Again, why a penalty for this?

Edited by giantconch

1 minute ago, giantconch said:

Again, though, whats their REASON for aborting? Short of having a device that reads their mind you cannot say why a user left. For all you know they even started the mission with a pizza in the oven and the timer went off so they are leaving to deal with that.

if you Crash or DC, you get an option when you log back in to reconnect to the squad

That is how you tell

Just now, giantconch said:

Yet in your OP you state:

So no the objective was NOT met if you solo'd the locked door and prison door

3 mins. left before the rescue target was fried.

Not 3mins. into the mission.

if you Crash or DC, you get an option when you log back in to reconnect to the squad

That is how you tell

I'm not arguing wether it is a crash or DC and being able to tell the difference between that and aborting is the issue.

What I am saying is you cannot identify the REASON FOR ABORTING.

1 minute ago, ThunderTitz said:

3 mins. left before the rescue target was fried.

Not 3mins. into the mission.

Helps to actually specify that. Thank you for clarifying.

Beyond that no, I still do not agree that aborting the mission should result in being penalized.

8 minutes ago, giantconch said:

or if doors simply wont open for me, but for others. =|

5 minutes ago, giantconch said:

I'm not arguing wether it is a crash or DC and being able to tell the difference between that and aborting is the issue.

What I am saying is you cannot identify the REASON FOR ABORTING.

Doesn't matter... Many FPS games punish thoes who abandoned the game... Its usually temporary and people need to stop whining about it. Its a game... Punish thoes who run away from a match... if you dont want a temporary debuff or something, then dont leave... if you can live with that debuff... be my guest and leave.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

You know what's worse? Hosts that leave the party instantly after you join, because you are completely geared up with fully Forma'd endgame gear, but one of your gears is unranked.

I'll take 1 or 2 unranked gear player over Rhino+Tonkor30.

Can't tell you how many of those players are horrible.

1 minute ago, PureIcarus said:

Doesn't matter... Many FPS games punish thoes who abandoned the game... Its usually temporary and people need to stop whining about it. Its a game... Punish thoes who run away from a match... if you dont want a temporary debuff or something, then dont leave... if you can live with that debuff... be my guest and leave.

Actually, that is a valid point, too.

As you say, its a game. Someone aborted, OH NO PUNISH SICK THE DOGS ON THEM DEBUFF DEBUFF HISS FILTHY CASUAL

I've had real life issues come up while in a mission that made me have to abort. Why should I be punished for leaving? Theres literally no damn justification at all for it. My neighbors house was on fire no damn joke here, and I had to abort. I should be punished for trying to help them?

Food is in the oven, people came over sorry cant game right now. Would you rather the person just found a quiet and safe place and AFK'd?

Simple fact is you should NOT be punished for aborting. You already dont get to complete the mission. Sortie rescue and you abort? K, enjoy redoing it. Theres your punishment.

2 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

So... you did take into account that there will be some people that will find a way to troll you and keep you from completing the objective.  We all know they exist.