Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PUGs who flee on first sign of trouble

Big_Gunz

1 minute ago, ThunderTitz said:

If your neighbors house is on fire.

You're not gonna be back to the game for 1 hour at least.

Unless you're not concerned about your neighbor.  (answering your hypothetical statement).

Fire department shows up within 5 minutes, I was gone for about 10-20 after aborting. I would have come back to this debuff and still been penalized for leaving.

3 minutes ago, giantconch said:

As you say, its a game. Someone aborted, OH NO PUNISH SICK THE DOGS ON THEM DEBUFF DEBUFF HISS FILTHY CASUAL

I've had real life issues come up while in a mission that made me have to abort. Why should I be punished for leaving? Theres literally no damn justification at all for it. My neighbors house was on fire no damn joke here, and I had to abort. I should be punished for trying to help them?

Food is in the oven, people came over sorry cant game right now. Would you rather the person just found a quiet and safe place and AFK'd?

Simple fact is you should NOT be punished for aborting. You already dont get to complete the mission. Sortie rescue and you abort? K, enjoy redoing it. Theres your punishment.

You SHOULD be punished for Aborting... you SHOULD be punished because you abandoned your team... weather or not you had a good reason does not matter. If its a temporary 15 minute thing, you can live with it. it happens in so many FPS games and people dont complain about it unless its unfair... you can deal with it... so stop trying to protect people who deserve to be punished for running from too many matches.

3 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

You SHOULD be punished for Aborting... you SHOULD be punished because you abandoned your team... weather or not you had a good reason does not matter. If its a temporary 15 minute thing, you can live with it. it happens in so many FPS games and people dont complain about it unless its unfair... you can deal with it... so stop trying to protect people who deserve to be punished for running from too many matches.

No, you should not be punished for aborting. Trying to cite whats done to users in other games is irrelevant. It would be massively unfair to anyone who presses the abort button even if their reason is "I dont like this squad setup I'm out"

As I have stated already, your punishment for leaving is having to repeat the mission. There is no need at all for any form of debuff or penalty. You get less EXP, no rewards, and have to redo the mission in the case of a sortie. Technically already punishment right there.

OK, after reading the concerns and knowing the reasons.

I think the compromise is the following:

I) If you abort a mission when objective is met, the results happen.
1) Your name is yellow text to everyone (all chats).
2) It lasts for 15mins.
3) If you do it again, it adds an addition 15mins.
4) Once the time is met, your name reverts to white again.

II) Conditions where your name will not be turned yellow.
1) If you DC from the mission.
2) If you forced DC from the mission (this how you can abort a mission without yellow name).
- Reason to leave this option available to players is for legit reasons.
- Also those who abuse, will have to take time to relog which allows legit players to rePUG Sorties without them coming back in time.

This set will work.

15 minutes ago, ThunderTitz said:

2) If you forced DC from the mission (this how you can abort a mission without yellow name).
- Also those who abuse, will have to take time to relog which allows legit players to rePUG Sorties without them coming back in time.

And how would it work? I check a box? I report troll? Come on, you can't be serious

Sorry I misunderstood. In that case leaver penalty is pointless. If I can just remove my network card... What's the point? And relogging takes no time

Edited by Slaviar

+1 to the OP.

I disagree with the basis of this conversation about "legitimate" reasons to quit. These things are irrelevant IMO. The group leader is not going to come rescue you from a burning house or fix your internet connection. It makes no difference why people have to leave. If they are leaving repeatedly I'd like to know so I can decide to recruit them or not.

Just now, ThunderTitz said:

2) It lasts for 15mins.

This set will work.

Now heres a new problem that would creep up. Instead of leaving because they don't like the squad setup, the user decides to sabotage the mission or simply AFK in a corner pressing W for one second then S for one second to avoid having a penalty placed upon them.

Its just utterly pointless to penalize, or even care, about people aborting the mission IMO. You even said yourself you completed the mission fine without them. Wheres the issue really? Are you just annoyed because there wasnt 3 other people to take the bullets off you while you were hacking?

Not trying to be passive agressive or anything like that I'm legit trying to figure out why someone aborting a mission is something worth penalizing in your eyes. In a PUG squad at that. Like, if you had gone to recruiting, hand picked users for a specific squad setup and had them bail on you I could understand frustration at that but a random public group?

1 minute ago, Slaviar said:

And how would it work? I check a box? I report troll? Come on, you can't be serious

The game knows you DC'ed.

1) When you log back in, it says if you wanna rejoin.

2) Or if it didn't DC, it does a host migration.

The game knows.

7 minutes ago, ThunderTitz said:

2) It lasts for 15mins.

This set will work.

So again, player shaming. Plus, players would have to wait for 15 minutes for them to not be bashed for leaving a game.

This system just reeks of starting toxicity among players. And if you don't want to be player shamed, turn off/on your internet. Yea no.

Edited by KJRenz

People are saying that other games do deserter penalties, but it's important to note that the ones that do, give these penalties because each game or match is a time commitment. 

Smite: Arena lasts ~18 minutes on average. 30 minute deserter penalty given for dodging queue or leaving mid game without recconecting. Games are NOT repopulated by other people, making it a deathwish for the person who left's teammates. This example could be used for other MOBAs. 

Call of Duty: Typical game lasts ~10 minutes. If you leave, that game counts as a loss, that's it. Chances are if you leave the game, you were going to lose anyways. Games are repopulated if someone leaves. 

WarFrame: Typical game match lasts ~5 minutes (we are not including raids or sorties for sake of example because OP didn't). Games are repopulated as long as objective is not completed. If objective is completed then the person already misses out on rewards and mods gained in mission.  If objective is complete then extraction is easily possible, even it is just a bum-rush to the end. 

WarFrame does not need a penalty because of how different it is. Typical matches do not last long, and the person loses only wait they would have gained. I would prefer something against people who decide to switch from stay to extract at the last second on defense, but even that is a pipe dream. No penalty is needed for people who just leave missions of their own accord. 

1 minute ago, Slaviar said:

Anyway, why do you even think it's an issue? Unless you run long camping mission I really can't figure why someone leaving would affect you in any way

You just live to try and correct everyone it seems... its a matter of principal... you leave your team for ANY reason... you deserve to be punished for it... if you have an emergency, by the time you get back, your 15 minute penalty will be gone already.... You are too stuck on the idea of a "Punishment"... this is for people quitting... thats punishing the players in that mission already.

12 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

You just live to try and correct everyone it seems... its a matter of principal... you leave your team for ANY reason... you deserve to be punished for it... if you have an emergency, by the time you get back, your 15 minute penalty will be gone already.... You are too stuck on the idea of a "Punishment"... this is for people quitting... thats punishing the players in that mission already.

Get off your high horse. It's not team based PvP. In random team someone leaving has almost zero impact on game. If someone runs sortie and plays bad his teammates shouldn't be forced to carry him

59 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Iv had this happen so many times... players run away because the don't like the party make up or see any sign of trouble.... Any party can complete any mission. If you leave a mission after a set amount of time, id say a minute players should be branded with some kind of penalty. weather its a name color change or 15 minutes of reduced affinity.

i agree, some kind of punishment for abandoning your team is necessary.

There really doesnt need to be a penalty in a casual pve game. If you were saying this in regards to pvp (if it had dedicated servers) id be on board, but not in the pve section. That makes literally no sense. If people quitting is really a problem, get a premade or join a clan for premades. 

Just now, Slaviar said:

Get off your high horse. It's not team based PvP. In random team someone leaving has almost zero impact on game. If someone runs sortie and plays bad his teammates shouldn't be forced to carry him

No YOU get off your high horse... you are incorrect and cant give that up... this is TEAM based game... you leave your team, you get punished...

Just now, PureIcarus said:

No YOU get off your high horse... you are incorrect and cant give that up... this is TEAM based game... you leave your team, you get punished...

I'm just going to throw this out there, but there is an option for solo play. And a lot of content can be done solo as well. 

But that's none of my business. 

2 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Anyway, why do you even think it's an issue? Unless you run long camping mission I really can't figure why someone leaving would affect you in any way

Maybe I do play differently than most players.

When running Survival, my clan don't camp.

But with pugs, they chicken out sooo fast it's annoying.

If someone on the team dies twice it's like time to leave or bail.

Rescue or Spy, when alarms go off.

People start bailing.

Even though I can completed a Grineer Ceres alarm in 5 seconds or less (without cipher).

I guess when I PUG, there's less than 5% of players I bump into that ever see things thru.

So that's the reason why I want this, so I know who not to PUG with.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DSG-x-3 said:

People are saying that other games do deserter penalties, but it's important to note that the ones that do, give these penalties because each game or match is a time commitment. 

Smite: Arena lasts ~18 minutes on average. 30 minute deserter penalty given for dodging queue or leaving mid game without recconecting. Games are NOT repopulated by other people, making it a deathwish for the person who left's teammates. This example could be used for other MOBAs. 

Call of Duty: Typical game lasts ~10 minutes. If you leave, that game counts as a loss, that's it. Chances are if you leave the game, you were going to lose anyways. Games are repopulated if someone leaves. 

WarFrame: Typical game match lasts ~5 minutes (we are not including raids or sorties for sake of example because OP didn't). Games are repopulated as long as objective is not completed. If objective is completed then the person already misses out on rewards and mods gained in mission.  If objective is complete then extraction is easily possible, even it is just a bum-rush to the end. 

WarFrame does not need a penalty because of how different it is. Typical matches do not last long, and the person loses only wait they would have gained. I would prefer something against people who decide to switch from stay to extract at the last second on defense, but even that is a pipe dream. No penalty is needed for people who just leave missions of their own accord. 

This guy gets it.

The only thing such a system would achieve in Warframe is, as previously mentioned, player shaming.

1 hour ago, PureIcarus said:

And you are too stuck on the idea of punishing anyone who leaves for any reason whatsoever, you fail to see how complex an issue it actually is. What if the other members are okay with them leaving? What if the game bugged out so bad, they can't contribute anything? What if their game crashes? Or their internet hiccups, and someone else takes their spot due to it being a public squad? (This happened to me on Sortie 3 today. I have to do it over, while my friend finished without me.)

Or what about the person who doesn't leave, but deliberately does nothing, or actively tries to sabotage the mission?

Do you have a solution for them in your back pocket, or do you just like to stand there and shout others down?

Edited by DeltaPhantom

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DSG-x-3 said:

I'm just going to throw this out there, but there is an option for solo play. And a lot of content can be done solo as well. 

But that's none of my business. 

It's actually harder to play with a team than solo.

You get shot more from cross fire than the mobs shooting you.

And more fun.

Edited by ThunderTitz

30 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Are you serious? And you know why people are punished in FPS games for qutting? Its because they are COMPETITVE TEAM BASED SHOOTERS. You know, against other HUMAN players on an enemy team. People are punished because the chance of a team winning are severely diminished if they are down even a single team member. Vs in Warframe where lower player count actually BALANCES the amount of enemies spawned on a per player bassis. 

Just now, DeltaPhantom said:

This guy gets it.

The only thing such a system would achieve in Warframe is, as previously mentioned, player shaming.

And you are too stuck on the idea of punishing anyone who leaves for any reason whatsoever, you fail to see how complex an issue it actually is. What if the other members are okay with them leaving? What if the game bugged out so bad, they can't contribute anything? What if their game crashes? Or their internet hiccups, and someone else takes their spot due to it being a public squad? (This happened to me on Sortie 3 today. I have to do it over, while me friend finished without me.)

Or what about the person who doesn't leave, but deliberately does nothing, or actively tries to sabotage the mission?

Do you have a solution for them in your back pocket, or do you just like to stand their and shout others down?

IF a player crashes or DCs, the game allows them to rejoin the party they were removed from... They idea of punishment it to encourage players to stick to their teams... to DISCOURAGE players from leaving... its not about the punishment... its about the threat of punishment... Its a morality thing, do you stay and fight until the end, or leave and deal with the consequences... I'm so sick of people who cant just accept that there are bad people out there who quit because they dont like someone on the team... Thoes people need to be punished in order to encourage teams sticking together and working together... Im not saying you are incorrect about punishments... but even if its a casual pve game.... Leaving still need a penalty in order to discourage leaving.