Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More warframes that should be changed

gluih

The nerfs we got in the last update are a huge improvement to the game imo. Mirage blinding the whole map is really boring, making excal less of an EB wave spammer is good, Valkyr being invulnerable gets really boring in a lot of missions. A lot of players are complaining about mag- I haven't really played her before and I don't know yet how good she actually is after the rework. Hopefully she will get some slight changes to make sure she is a good frame that a lot of players like to play.

When it comes to blessing it seems like it granting a huge amount of damage reduction to the whole squad isn't really wanted. I don't think it should do that. It should be an oh-S#&$ button for the whole squad. Compared to any other heal available it is still extremely powerful and doesn't have to affect the whole map. If it is also the main source of damage mitigation for the whole squad there is no reason to bring any other tanky frame. With 99% blessing existing chroma, wukong and even valkyr just aren't needed in the group. I would have changed it, so the DR is based on every warframes individual hp instead of an average, so it is more effective at keeping those alive who are in danger at that moment, but this also works.

Before I share some ideas about other frames, I want to comment on enemy scaling.

Endless missions aren't what this game should be balanced around. The game should be balanced, so our tools work at the current "endgame" level. Generally the highest level we are expected to fight is in sorties and raids and somewhere between level 80-100. Right now armor scaling makes killing enemies at that level quite hard and there are a lot of things that can just instantly kill a warframe.

Armor scaling could easily be fixed by making armor reduction always based on the max armor of the enemy/ let it add up instead of multiplying. Right now (afaik) armor reduction is based on current armor. As a result the only effective way to deal with it is going with enough corrosive projections to reduce the armor by 100%. Corrosive procs are less effective the more you have on the enemy. If armor reduction effects would additive they would make dealing with armor a lot easier. Corrosive procs would be less effective the more you have on the enemy, otherwise they are way too strong. So if I had corrosive projection for 30% and 25% reduction from a proc, I could something like abating link and the enemy wouldn't have any armor left.

When it comes to enemy damage scaling no enemy should ever randomly oneshot a warframe. I don't mind oneshots, if there is enough time to react and a clear warning. I think after the changes to rathuum the arena was in a pretty good spot. Also the heynas and bursas in the tactical alert this weekend were really fun to play against.

Now to the warframe changes:

Frost- Avalanche only freezes enemies who are slowed by one of his abilities or a cold proc. It also has a 50% chance to slow enemies which is affected by powerstrength (200% means you always slow). This way it can't be spammed to freeze an entire room without bringing the strength to 200%. It would still be pretty easy by using the ice wave augment. Frost also still has snowglobe is he just wants to protect something or res a teammate in the middle of combat.

Chroma- It would be nice if he could get his shields back reliable along with his hp without lifestrike and without having to use arcanes or specific companions. Getting shields back could be part of electric energy usage, so players with those arcanes get the advantage of using ice for even more armor. Also give his 2 a lot more range, to make it useful for the rest of the group.

Nekros and Trinity- Change the way EV and desecrate work, so they don't have to be spammed. I don't mind EV filling up energy bards completly, but I would rather just have it as a buff. Desecrate is even worse. If you want to desecrate every enemy, you don't really get to do anything else if a team is around and alone it takes 3-4 times as long to do anything.

Saryn- Give her the ability to stack viral procs. If an enemy has a viral proc and miasma is used on him the viral proc is removed, so he can get another one, but he doesn't get his hp back. Also give her a chance to spread spores, while she is attacking in melee with toxic lash active. And finally give her molt the same treatment as frosts globe and iron skin, so it stacks hp at the start instead of taking damage + make it more durable in general.

Vauban- I kind of like the idea of the new passive. You get more armor when you stay in the same place. Instead of teamtes granting him armor, make his abilities grant armor. Basically an aura around his grenades, about as big as his bastille. Every warframe within that range gets an armor buff. This could be affected by powerstrength, but it should not be affected by base armor. The buff from different abilities would stack, but they don't stack with themselves. You don't get to just spam vortex and get a huge amount of armor and you can only get 4 stacks at max.

Ash- make bladestorm fit better with his kit. Instead of just killing every enemy in range he marks them.

• Attacking a marked enemy causes a bleed proc (this also works for teammates)
  • Using shuriken on a marked target doesn't cost energy
  • Using teleport on a marked enemy also doesn't cost energy. Also instead of a finisher, you get the old bladestorm animation and if you don't kill the enemy you leave a shadow behind  who keeps attacking

Nezha- his heal needs an indicator that shows other players that an enemy will heal them if they kill it. Improvements to range and duration might also be needed. Other than that his augments should make him good. Warding Halo needs something similar to iron skin. Either make it the same, so it can be removed by recasting or give it a few seconds of invulnerability at the end so it can be reused before nezha is dead. I would also love it if there was an augment that gave aim assistance while his 1 is active. Sliding around is actually quite fun and it's great for the CC, but it's really hard to hit someone while doing it.

Equinox- Let her keep the stacks of her 4 and of the augment for her 3 when switching between night and day. I would also say change the way her 3 falls off over range. Make so the full effect is active within the current range and then let it fall off further away.

I don't have really good ideas for the other warframes. Feel free to share if you have some for the other warframes or if you can think of improvements to the current ideas.