Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Cloud Mutalist Cernos

Ishkara

I've noticed that the Mutalist Cernos no longer puts down persistent clouds on the ground. That's not just a graphical effect, it actually doesn't spawn the cloud at all; anything walking through the "area" is not affected by the toxin cloud at all.

In addition, it would seem that the toxin "cloud" is now just a toxin "burst." Hitting enemy units will create an instant AOE around them that afflicts everyone with toxin, with no persistent effects. ALSO also, hitting terrain no longer seems to trigger this "burst."

Is this intended behavior? And if it is, I heartily congratulate DE for adding another previously viable weapon to the pile of mastery fodder.

I've done further testing. What appears to happen right now, graphically, is that the spore spawns and sticks to an enemy, and then everyone they come in contact with at a much smaller radius than the cloud before also becomes affected. There is no cloud effect, instead, the spore effect just sticks to the enemy. This does not appear to be working with terrain. Are you sure you weren't seeing someone just using the Torrid instead?

Edited by Ishkara

• 2 weeks later...

how much damage per tik does the cloud do now? last i heard it was just 5..Cuz I'm not too sure I would call that real poison damage.. more like 'A bit of a cough'.

Anyone have some up to date data?

Edited by Sixes_Wild

9 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

how much damage per tik does the cloud do now? last i heard it was just 5..Cuz I'm not too sure I would call that real poison damage.. more like 'A bit of a cough'.

Anyone have some up to date data?

The cloud has always done low amounts of damage. Its benefit lay in it's EXTREMELY high status proc (so aoe Viral, Corrosive, or Radiation of your choice on demand) in addition to a rapid stacking of toxin procs on all targets within the cloud since multiple clouds = multiple toxin proc stacks per second. The damage can be modified by base damage/etc. I find it's most useful to mod it for only a single combination element, depending on what effect you want.

Edited by Ishkara