Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skin

0zh0u

I have played Guild Wars 2 and I appreciate a lot the weapon skin system that we are able to put an another skin over the current skin by a component but it keeps its basic stats.

So I was wondering if it's a good idea or not to put a skin system as :

- Put a new component to change skin

- The component works like a blueprint in the Foundry

- For selection of skin and stats, it works like dual side arms that we select 2 weapons :

- First weapon slot for stats (or skin)

- Second weapon slot for skin (or stats)

- (Why not some resources, credits, and build time needed)

At last, it does : weapon x + weapon y (+ resources + credits + build time) = weapon z

Friendly 0zh0u.

Edited by 0zh0u

it wouldnt work for a game like warframe, i played guild wars2 and i liked the weapon/armor skin too. but the thing about weapons in that game was that they all had the same ranges/etc. where as in something like warframe it just wouldn't fit in the game, some people would fuse a heavy weapon to a dagger or something, or a gorgon to a paris, 

I personally would just like to see more weapon skins added in, maybe since Gram is based off of of the sword of Sigurd,(Siegfried) from norse mythology, a older claymore model or something could be added in like the brokk hammer or the dagger skins. since gram has the same model as plasma sword

it wouldnt work for a game like warframe, i played guild wars2 and i liked the weapon/armor skin too. but the thing about weapons in that game was that they all had the same ranges/etc. where as in something like warframe it just wouldn't fit in the game, some people would fuse a heavy weapon to a dagger or something, or a gorgon to a paris, 

I personally would just like to see more weapon skins added in, maybe since Gram is based off of of the sword of Sigurd,(Siegfried) from norse mythology, a older claymore model or something could be added in like the brokk hammer or the dagger skins. since gram has the same model as plasma sword

I'm all for more skins. As long as the reduce the ridiculous material costs to craft them (what is it, like, 1000 rubedo on the dagger axe skin???)

I'm all for more skins. As long as the reduce the ridiculous material costs to craft them (what is it, like, 1000 rubedo on the dagger axe skin???)

the scindo one is 1200, zoren in 750, and i see where your coming from they are really high costs. but at the same time it is mostly just cosmetics(i prolly spelled that wrong), so its understandable. hell id farm 4000 rubedo if they added a giant buster sword for a alternate gram lmao.

I'm 85% sure that there will be skins for everything eventually.

Seeing as how the colour section, you're given the option to change the weapon's skin.

Right now, it's just simply nothing for you there yet.

I'm guessing that as the way DE does it

It'll first be released through Market, as a bundle perhaps.

Then it'll be free for grabs from Alert missions.

Like the Dagger Axe skin etc.

All I'm hoping is that, the skins will cost less to make than how DA Skins are.

If I remember right, it costs atleast 5000 Rubedo to make.

where as in something like warframe it just wouldn't fit in the game, some people would fuse a heavy weapon to a dagger or something, or a gorgon to a paris, 

I don't exactly see the issue with this. Sure, it could lead to a few silly combinations, but would it really hurt more than it could help? I don't think so. Would it hurt your own gameplay if I'm running about in my shiny prime gear, but using the effects of things that are actually worth using? It'd be a decent way to get around the issues of "X looks cool, but is completely worthless" and "X has the highest DPS, but looks like it's made of legos"... More customization is never really a bad thing. 

They could even limit it by item 'type': automatic rifle, semi auto pistol, heavy melee, etc; to allow more customization without allowing the odd combinations. 

I don't exactly see the issue with this. Sure, it could lead to a few silly combinations, but would it really hurt more than it could help? I don't think so. Would it hurt your own gameplay if I'm running about in my shiny prime gear, but using the effects of things that are actually worth using? It'd be a decent way to get around the issues of "X looks cool, but is completely worthless" and "X has the highest DPS, but looks like it's made of legos"... More customization is never really a bad thing. 

They could even limit it by item 'type': automatic rifle, semi auto pistol, heavy melee, etc; to allow more customization without allowing the odd combinations. 

the issue is plain and simple, for the primary weapons it would just flat out break some of them, like i mention a gorgon to a paris,(gorgon fire rate on paris would be rediculous/just outright break the weapon, also how would reloading work on a weapon like Paris?) as for limiting it by item type wouldn't make sense for a majority of them, such as the heavy melees, their stats are all mostly the same with a few things that make each one special so theres not really a point to 'fuse' them. 

what i find is great about the way that DE made warframe with the mods slots is that, once leveled up everything is still considered good if you do right, some may be alot stronger then others, but it still gives you the ability to play with what you want without worrying about not having the best everything like in other games like guild wars.

Edited by Raikouku